Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Midnight Moth posted:

Yes, Marla has always worn a skirt although I think she's the only girl in the store who does.

Now that I'm looking out for it, yeah, Marla is wearing a skirt. I think whatshername there is too. What a weird detail to have never noticed before.

Brilliant!

kazz
Feb 27, 2007

Black Bean has a tendency to stare and likes to hide.

Aardmania posted:

Pibgorn

Any guesses where the blood that was in Romeo's face has now rushed to?
I see Brooke has decided to end his version of Romeo & Juliet early by going with the ending from Uzumaki.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
Browsing through the archive, several nameless female employees also wears skirts. Courtney, too (Courtney was another employee that Marla fired; she used to appear regularily until the said firing)

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Nice to see you develop a healthy interest in girls' skirts, dude.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

Midnight Moth posted:

Nice to see you develop a healthy interest in girls' skirts, dude.

Some Guy TT's the one who asked the question.

Mister Beeg fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Jan 16, 2014

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
There are plenty of retail jobs where women wear skirts. What even is this discussion :psyduck:

Serious Cephalopod
Jul 1, 2007

This is a Serious post for a Serious thread.

Bloop Bloop Bloop
Pillbug

Macaluso posted:

There are plenty of retail jobs where women wear skirts. What even is this discussion :psyduck:
Because most retail jobs require khaki pants.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Macaluso posted:

Goons.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

GorfZaplen posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

:allears:

This is the second time Spider-Man's been chased by an empty Iron Man suit isn't it?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Aardmania posted:

Pibgorn

Any guesses where the blood that was in Romeo's face has now rushed to?

Interesting choice to skip the drawn-out tragedy and just have the two be swallowed up by the uncaring void of the cosmos. Deep.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Luann

I want to say this is the dumbest storyline of Luann ever, but we all know that isn't true.

Sally Forth

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Some Guy TT posted:

edit: Unfortunately all I could find was this-

...Which as you can see is smaller than the one in the actual comics. The image doesn't come from an actual comic, since it's on the title card from the beginning. Maybe you can reverse Google image search it but I don't even know what that term means or how you're supposed to do it.

drat - those little dancing people always make me smile.

I couldn't find anything with GIS - other than more Chief Dharma strips, though I did find a strip with a Terminator/Hyeh-Ran cross-over:

http://funfun.fssblog.com/120

Looks like a PSA style strip, but my Korean is non-existant, ghee.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
Holy Molé

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Fingerpori

Fok_it

tiistai fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Jan 16, 2014

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Cul-de-sac

The Creeps

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Darthemed posted:

Referencing GRIT magazine, which started in 1882 as a newspaper, and used this selling arrangement (minus warthogs) for quite a while.

Came here to post this ghee! Well, actually no, not really.

I remember seeing those ads on the backs of comic books I read back in the day. :corsair: Also, these:

My pre-adolescent brain always told me "ZOMG LOOK AT ALL THE CRAP YOU CAN GET JUST BY SELLING GREETING CARDS!". I never tried it out. I'm not sure if it would've worked or not. Anyway, BATTLING LESBIAN COMIX! :v:

Jane's World

Non Sequitur

I smiled at this. Having been an IT manager for a health insurance company aways back, at that time, I can tell you that we would do everything possible to not pay your claim. Don't yell at me. I just made the computers run right! :v:

Heavenly Nostrils

:)

Kliban's Cats

Yeah, he's stoned. Nice catte though! :v:

9 Chickweed Lane 1/16/2003

Double plus un-funny. This is stupid, Brooke. :ughh:

Zits

Find me a financial adviser that doesn't tell you that...

Kevin & Kell

Wait... She? God.. this strip...

Nemi is, um, different today?

I guess that's a drat fine Rob Lowe? :v:

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

"No, honey, because when I snap and it's YOU out in the bitter Canadian snow, I don't want you getting traced back to me."

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Peanuts (January 19, 1967)

Funky Winkerbean

Multiple choice:
A) After Wedgeman's last round (the one that got him kicked off the football team), you'd think he'd be a little bit more menacing. If we're really pretending to be true-to-life, wouldn't he be carrying a grudge like he got paid by the mile for it?
B) Alex looks a little bit shocked in that last panel. Is it because Owen thinks that jamming two words together is an original thought? Or are these bland bully rejoinders usually accompanied by tater tot hail?
C) The neek shall inherit the Murph. :downs:

Popeye

Rip Haywire

Pogo (January 19, 1956)

Grundoon is trying to turn Pogo into a hoarder.

Out Our Way (April 4-5, 1924)

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Mike du Jour

Monty

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.

Serious Cephalopod posted:

Because most retail jobs require khaki pants.

My company allows khaki pants or skirts. :shrug:

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Johnny Walker posted:

Luann

I want to say this is the dumbest storyline of Luann ever, but we all know that isn't true.

I'm not saying it's good, I'm just saying it's less bad than storylines with Luann in them.

Borden
Jul 23, 2008

Classic Nancy (1949)

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

GorfZaplen posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

Danger! Do Not Cross Comix!

Pooch Café

I have considered that option myself once or twice in the last few weeks. Wind chill went past -40 for God's sake. You go out at forty below and tell me you don't even once thinking about murdering your friend and draping yourself in his steaming hot entrails.

Ballard Street

Ballard Dogs can be vicious, even when they're not armed with six-shooters.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
Thorn (October 28-November 1, 1983)

Nina's Adventures (December 17, 1993)

Lucky Cow (March 8-10, 2004)

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Bloom County

"Heeere's Stevie!"

Calvin And Hobbes

Big Nate gets picked up for posting from time to time, but that usually doesn't last too long.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Everett True
February 13 & 14, 1918

Also, the February 14th, 1918 edition of the Tacoma Times included this.

sweetguts
Apr 29, 2013

I know what I'm about.

The parents in Cul-de-sac are the best. The FOOB parents probably would have just lectured their kid for saying it wrong or something.

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Kevin & Kell

Wait... She? God.. this strip...

Why is the tree sentient. Why can it talk. Why does it communicate through a speaker. Why does it have a gender. Why. Why. Wh- Oh gently caress it.

sweetguts fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jan 16, 2014

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Johnny Walker posted:

Luann

I dunno Gunther, it takes plenty of courage to try to match that sweater with that shirt.

Thank god for colorists making terrible choices.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

sweetguts posted:

Why is the tree sentient. Why can it talk. Why does it communicate through a speaker. Why does it have a gender. Why. Why. Wh- Oh gently caress it.

I think it accidentally was hit by an intelligence-increasing beam weapon when some superintelligent extradimensional human-hating birds werre trying to reverse a genetic plague or some poo poo, but I can't recall every dumb thing that happens.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Tunicate posted:

I think it accidentally was hit by an intelligence-increasing beam weapon when some superintelligent extradimensional human-hating birds werre trying to reverse a genetic plague or some poo poo, but I can't recall every dumb thing that happens.
The bird conspiracy were time travellers, and the tree got shot with the intelligence ray because a mommy bird didn't lock it up and their baby got into it and was fiddling with it.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

sweetguts posted:

Because these are all Holbrook's fetish.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Heathcliff

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Pickles

The Amazing Spider-Man

Classic Prince Valiant

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I like to think that Mandrake and Lothar, instead of explaining Humanity's position in the food chain, have just declared dominance over the entire planet.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (September 9-11, 1926)

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

Because these are all Holbrook's fetish.

But a tree fetish? A loving tree? Wait, I'll GIS...

gently caress. Yep. It's a thing. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dendrophilia_%28paraphilia%29

Ok, nuke from orbit.

:suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mmann
Dec 1, 2007

Kyoon Was Right
12/21/12

Mr. Maltose posted:

I like to think that Mandrake and Lothar, instead of explaining Humanity's position in the food chain, have just declared dominance over the entire planet.

When someone asks if you're a god, you say yes.

But I do seriously hope that's exactly where this is going, and as the rulers they have to battle the frogs for control of it.
A poorly drawn magic battle that takes weeks to complete and is confusing as poo poo of course, because I wouldn't want Mandrake any other way.

• Locked thread