Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
This mod will lengthen the amount of time you can wait as well. Useful for if you want to speed up certain quest requirements or wait for cells to repopulate or if you just want to age to death.

I remember there being a mod that livened up the shaders on enchanted weapons in the OP of a previous Skyrim modding thread but can't seem to find one on the nexus that doesn't also add dumb features that I don't want. Anyone have any pointers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Are there any decent musket/pistol mods out there? I remember using one a while ago but the animations were half-done and ammunition required extremely specific ingredients that couldn't be reliably found anywhere, so it was more a pain than anything else.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

poptart_fairy posted:

Are there any decent musket/pistol mods out there? I remember using one a while ago but the animations were half-done and ammunition required extremely specific ingredients that couldn't be reliably found anywhere, so it was more a pain than anything else.

Project Flintlock is the only one I've seen that actually does the whole concept of guns in Skyrim decently. Aetherium Power Armor also has two guns in the package.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?
So I decided to go through and add Frostfall, Hunterborn, and Realistic Needs and Diseases, and I'm pretty sure I got all the compatibility patches installed when I ran the stuff through MO, yet after butchering the bear in Helgen Keep I just crash to desktop when I try and open my inventory. Any suggestions?

Edit: BOSS fixed that issue, but now I'm trying to figure out where the compatibility patches between realistic waters two and RND are...

Devlan Mud fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jan 14, 2014

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Rather Dashing posted:

or if you just want to age to death.
wait, is that actually a thing?

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

Rather Dashing posted:

This mod will lengthen the amount of time you can wait as well. Useful for if you want to speed up certain quest requirements or wait for cells to repopulate or if you just want to age to death.

I remember there being a mod that livened up the shaders on enchanted weapons in the OP of a previous Skyrim modding thread but can't seem to find one on the nexus that doesn't also add dumb features that I don't want. Anyone have any pointers?

I use Enchantments Upgraded by Aetherius. Its pretty good IMHO. Only downside is that it adds 5 disenchantable items with somewhat OP enhancements at low levels to the witches shack close to riverwood, easy enough to ignore though.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Entropic posted:

wait, is that actually a thing?

You'll see.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Im_Special posted:

Oh God, derp me I've never used that.
You can also take a nap?

Smoking_Dragon
Dec 12, 2001

WOE UNTO THEE
Pillbug

Edmond Dantes posted:

Sorry mate, went to bed right after writing that.

You may need to do some .ini editing if you haven't done so (remember that if you're using MO you need to edit them from within MO, if you edit the .inis in the Skyrim folder it's gonna do jack poo poo).

Follow the steps here:

Those directions don't work and actually conflict with the directions given by RealVision. I tried using them and now my game won't run at all. Help!

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Smoking_Dragon posted:

Those directions don't work and actually conflict with the directions given by RealVision. I tried using them and now my game won't run at all. Help!

Welp.

I did exactly what I said in my post and got it running, no idea what the hell may be going on in there. Do you have those 4 prerequisite mods running ok?

Try comparing the files inside the zip file (the ones you copied over) to the ones in the skyrim folder and deleting them?

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
Any decent mods that add Morrowind style durability to weapons and armour?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
'You see a Khajiit and the first thing you do is ask her to steal for you? Hmph. :mad:'

God, I love this mod.

Scyantific posted:

Project Flintlock is the only one I've seen that actually does the whole concept of guns in Skyrim decently. Aetherium Power Armor also has two guns in the package.

Ah, cool, PF seems to have improved a lot since I last saw it.

poptart_fairy fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Jan 15, 2014

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

poptart_fairy posted:

'You see a Khajiit and the first thing you do is ask her to steal for you? Hmph. :mad:'

Why beg when you can steal, hmm?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Does anyone have any idea why Im getting graphical glitches in Whiterun (and so far only in Whiterun.)

I've checked with TESVEdit, it doesnt seem like any of my mods affect that area.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

Rabhadh posted:

Any decent mods that add Morrowind style durability to weapons and armour?

Not really. This one seems the best but is kinda lame by my taste. Skyrim's engine is pretty limiting about emulating degradation. Whenever the next SKSE version comes out it will add a number of new functions that I think will make it easier. I'll probably take another crack at my miserable failure of a durability mod then.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Rather Dashing posted:

You want SeeEnch.

Also, gently caress yeah! CCO Remade is FINALLY out of pre-release and has its own page now! Bonus points for some added aMidianBorn Book of Silence functionality, all wrapped up into one ESP! "This is the Complete Crafting Overhaul version of aMidianborn Book of Silence. It provides support for most of CaBaL's great texture variants. This file replaces the need for the separate files included in the Book of Silence download, such as Glass Variants, Differently Ebony, and Skyforge Weapons. In addition, the file adds standalone Thalmor (dark elven) armor, iron and steel variants, Wolf armor variants, and all three Nordic armor variants." Hell to the yes.

Apoplexy fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Jan 15, 2014

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
So I'm still struggling with slowing down my skill gain in Sperg. I'm only looking for a small slow down with most, while slowing down a little more for combat skills. Here's what it currently looks like:

quote:

[SkillExpGainMults]

fAlchemy=0.9
fAlteration=0.8
fArchery=0.7
fBlock=0.8
fConjuration=0.8
fDestruction=0.8
fEnchanting=0.8
fHeavyArmor=0.8
fIllusion=0.8
fLightArmor=0.7
fLockpicking=0.8
fOneHanded=0.9
fPickpocket=0.8
fRestoration=0.9
fSmithing=0.9
fSneak=0.75
fSpeech=0.9
fTwoHanded=0.8

I've also added '1' to the relevant 'enable' command at the top. I was happy with this for a bit, but as a way of checking to see if things were running as expected, I changed archery to '500'. I would expect that killing my next enemy with this would give me an instant skill point - it barely moved the skill up a notch. Any idea where I'm going wrong here? I've checked to see if I'm editing the wrong ini file but this is the only relevant one on the drive.

EDIT: Solved it. Looks like the all in one package is missing the uncapper.dll. I had to go get that file separately. Either that or MO didn't install it correctly.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Jan 15, 2014

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!

Agents are GO! posted:

Does anyone have any idea why Im getting graphical glitches in Whiterun (and so far only in Whiterun.)

I've checked with TESVEdit, it doesnt seem like any of my mods affect that area.

Is that the Gray-Manes' yard? 'Cause I've seen that too, but only with that fence, so I think it's just something stupid that's broken there.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Ernie Muppari posted:

Is that the Gray-Manes' yard? 'Cause I've seen that too, but only with that fence, so I think it's just something stupid that's broken there.

Yep, it's the fence and the gate on the other side of the yard, but not every time I'm there.

Edit: I should note that it's present over multiple characters. Heres my mod list. Maybe something will leap out at somebody.

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jan 15, 2014

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

Agents are GO! posted:

Yep, it's the fence and the gate on the other side of the yard, but not every time I'm there.

Edit: I should note that it's present over multiple characters. Heres my mod list. Maybe something will leap out at somebody.

That fence break for me from time to time too. Reloading fixes it though.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Are there any bandit-esque mods available? Couldn't be bothered walking from Redoran's Retreat to Whiterun so just shot someone and stole their horse. Feels good.

Edmond Dantes posted:

Why beg when you can steal, hmm?

This one has much firewood to sell, but nobody, yes? :ninja:

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

I was born ready. I'm Ron Fucking Swanson.
Sorry about what is likely a common question in this massive thread:

If I use Morrowloot and Immersive Armors, will that break things? I am worried that installing Immersive Armors will partially defeat the point of using Morrowloot.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Mistikman posted:

Sorry about what is likely a common question in this massive thread:

If I use Morrowloot and Immersive Armors, will that break things? I am worried that installing Immersive Armors will partially defeat the point of using Morrowloot.

You can use both, and merge the leveled lists with Bash/TES5Edit, but both alter similar leveled lists. If you load Morrowloot without a merged patch after IA, you'll get Morrowloot's changes without some of the Immersive Armors, which is what Morrowloot tries to do.

One nice component of Morrowloot is the hand placed loot, so if you don't mind finding some higher level stuff (Elvish/etc) on NPCs, go for it.

If you want the full Morrowloot experience, just stick with Morrowloot proper.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
So this mod is really cool. Only allows you to save/wait near a fire and bedroll, so adds another layer of challenge and prevents save scumming.

Haven't decided if it's more fun than annoying with the fact that skyrim has a tendency to crash semi-frequently; but a very unique and cool mod nonetheless.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Yeah that is sick. I won't use it, but nice find.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

Mr. Crow posted:

So this mod is really cool. Only allows you to save/wait near a fire and bedroll, so adds another layer of challenge and prevents save scumming.

Haven't decided if it's more fun than annoying with the fact that skyrim has a tendency to crash semi-frequently; but a very unique and cool mod nonetheless.

Yeah, this is cool, and I would use it except for the whole 'crashing' thing. Modding Bethesda games really makes you appreciate the phrase 'save early, save often'. I'm fine with losing progress because I did something dumb, I'm not fine with losing progress because a squirrel farted and caused the entire precariously-balanced mess of code to collapse in on itself.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Mister Bates posted:

Yeah, this is cool, and I would use it except for the whole 'crashing' thing. Modding Bethesda games really makes you appreciate the phrase 'save early, save often'. I'm fine with losing progress because I did something dumb, I'm not fine with losing progress because a squirrel farted and caused the entire precariously-balanced mess of code to collapse in on itself.

Turn the woodland wind breaking module of Sounds of Skyrim off.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Mr. Crow posted:

There are whole categories of Skyrim mods that I find really interesting and I'm sort of glad someone made them because it's neat, but that I will never, ever use.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I thought the mod that adds a bunch of NPCS with voiced dialogue was really cool, just a bunch of new dudes hangin' out in the world.

Then I met the old man who married his daughter. Now I'm not too sure anymore.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

Grondoth posted:

I thought the mod that adds a bunch of NPCS with voiced dialogue was really cool, just a bunch of new dudes hangin' out in the world.

Craster? I mean it kinda would make sense for there to be creepy whackjobs out there in game and for you to be able to beat him to death with an axe handle and everyone else be cool with it. But because its a skyrim mod I'm gonna guess its as gross as possible and lacks any redeeming side.

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Grondoth posted:

There's also that priestess of Dibella that only talks about how much she loves sex.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Emong posted:

There's also that priestess of Dibella that only talks about how much she loves sex.

Glad I didn't install that mod (also did they seriously steal a GoT character?)

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Grondoth posted:

I think I know what mod your talking about, *Interesting NPCS* I think it was, somewhere around the 5th NPC in a row to talk about rape I had some second thoughts about having that mod.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Jan 16, 2014

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
Are we talking about inconsequential npcs or something else?

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Lazy_Liberal posted:

Are we talking about inconsequential npcs or something else?

The one I mentioned was from Interesting NPCs. I dunno about the others.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Interesting NPCs is basically fan fiction: the mod.

Anyway, Project Flintlock and Deadly Combat has turned the game into a goddamn cover shooter. Pop out shot, duck, shoot, reload, duck, regen, pop out shot, duck, cover, etc etc. It's kind of hilarious although I don't think Akatosh intended his chosen to be hiding behind a rock in such a way.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Hate to resurrect the dead horse that is "I wish Skyrim were more like Dark Souls" but is a mod that changes character death to be handled similar to how DS does it at all possible? Like, when you get killed, instead of jumping back to your most recent save you lose some character progression in a fashion similar to serving out a jail term, and have to scarper back to where you died to retrieve your equipment/gain back some of your XP/quickly dispel a post-death debuff/whatever. It seems like something that'd mesh well with mods that attempt to fix level scaling and establish certain areas as "high-level".

Nova69
Jul 12, 2012

Any bodies I loot seem to have two sets of armour on them, I'm guessing this is not normal, anyone have a clue as to why this would be happening?

Load Order:
code:
# This file was automatically generated by Mod Organizer.
Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Dawnguard.esm
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
HearthFires.esm
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
ApachiiHair.esm
Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esm
3rdEraWeaponsMoS.esm
ClimatesOfTamriel.esm
Ket_ARMONIZER_v2.esm
Lootification.esm
SPERG.esm
SPIKE.esm
XFLMain.esm
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp
Brawl Bugs CE.esp
Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp
Weapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.esp
Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp
Better Dynamic Snow.esp
Rainbows.esp
SplashofRain.esp
ADS.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Sound.esp
IHSS.esp
Rayg_ShutUpMirmulnir.esp
Rooster At Dawn v1.0.esp
Remove Interior Fog V2 - Full Version.esp
Cutting Room Floor.esp
StaticMeshImprovementMod.esp
StaticMeshImprovementMod-DragonbornTernFix.esp
StaticMeshImprovementMod-FurnitureChestSnowFix.esp
TradeBarter.esp
AMatterOfTime.esp
ApachiiHelmetWigs.esp
Aurora - The Doomstone Package.esp
Better Skill and Quest Books Names - BS.esp
BLESSINGS - Altar Descriptions.esp
Bring Out Your Dead.esp
CarpenterChests_Hearthfire.esp
Chesko_WearableLantern.esp
Dual Sheath Redux.esp
dwemer spectres.esp
fFastTravelSpeedMult_4.esp
Immersive Battles.esp
Immersive Brigands.esp
Immersive Dawnguard.esp
Immersive Dragonborn.esp
Immersive Factions.esp
Immersive Mercenaries.esp
Immersive Patrols.esp
Immersive Travelers.esp
Immersive Werewolves.esp
PassiveWeaponEnchantmentRecharging.esp
Point The Way.esp
Skyrim Immersive Creatures.esp
Skyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.esp
SPTDiverseGuardsSkyrim.esp
Traps Make Noise.esp
Traps Are Dangerous.esp
WetandCold.esp
WetandCold - Ashes.esp
Dragon Soul Relinquishment.esp
DYNAVISION Dynamic Depth of Field.esp
Footprints.esp
Footprints - Ash.esp
IMAGINATOR - Visual Control for Skyrim.esp
NoxUE2.00.esp
RaceMenu.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
SkyTweak.esp
UIExtensions.esp
vAutosaveManager.esp
SkyUI.esp
iHUD.esp
BosmerArmorMATY743.esp
1nivWICCloaks.esp
ConvenientCrossbows.esp
CraftableCultistArmors.esp
DragonBoneEbonsteel.esp
Elemental Staves.esp
hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
Immersive Weapons.esp
Ket_WEAPONIZER.esp
konahrik_accoutrements.esp
skyforgedShields.esp
ThalmorStandalone.esp
Tribunal Maskes by Zairaam.esp
Tribunal Robes by Zairaam.esp
Unique Uniques.esp
3rdEraWeapMoS-lvlList.esp
Dr_Bandolier.esp
Dr_BandolierDG.esp
Complete Crafting Overhaul_Remade.esp
FloraRespawnFix.esp
DeadlyDragons.esp
Breezehome Basement.esp
Gildergreen Regrown.esp
gonkishvampdens.esp
Inconsequential NPCs.esp
Inconsequential NPCs - Enhancement.esp
OBIS.esp
OBISDB.esp
Run For Your Lives.esp
When Vampires Attack.esp
The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp
Thunderchild - Epic Shout Package.esp
Thunderchild - Dragon Language Words Patch.esp
Morrowloot.esp
BetterQuestObjectives.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-Dawnguard.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-Hearthfire.esp
Book Covers Skyrim.esp
Book Covers Dawnguard.esp
Book Covers Hearthfire.esp
Book Covers Dragonborn.esp
BCS - BSQBN Patch All DLC.esp
Headbomb's Better Sorting - Ammo.esp
Headbomb's Better Sorting - Books.esp
Headbomb's Better Sorting - Food (Light Weight).esp
Headbomb's Better Sorting - Ingredients.esp
Headbomb's Better Sorting - Miscellaneous.esp
Headbomb's Better Sorting - Potions (Half Weight).esp
Headbomb's Better Sorting - Soul Gems (Ranked).esp
Headbomb's Better Sorting - Spells.esp
BlockSparkles.esp
Bounty Gold.esp
faceonlydragonmask.esp
FSS-No pause between lines.esp
FSS-Slight pause between lines.esp
Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp
HearthFireHomesNoReset.esp
ImmersiveFP.esp
Ket_ARMONIZER_LListsNPC.esp
dD-No Twitching Dragon Death Animation.esp
Convenient Horses.esp
Convenient Horses - Unique Frost.esp
Convenient Horses - Faster Sprint.esp
TheChoiceIsYours.esp
TheChoiceIsYours_Dawnguard.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-TheChoiceIsYoursPatch.esp
Thieves Guild Requirements.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-ThievesGuildRequirementsPatch.esp
TimingIsEverything.esp
TimingIsEverything_RunForYourLives_Patch.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-TimingIsEverythingPatch.esp
Uncle Sheo.esp
skyforgedWeapons.esp
Helgen Reborn.esp
Chesko_Step418_SN.esp
Provincial Courier Service.esp
EnhancedLightsandFX.esp
ELFX - Exteriors.esp
ELFX - Dawnguard.esp
ELFX - Dragonborn.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Nights-Level-3.esp
Consistent Stars - CoT.esp
ELFXEnhancer.esp
DVA - Dynamic Vampire Appearance.esp
Predator Vision.esp
Apocalypse - The Spell Package.esp
Dwemerverse - Dwarven Magic Package.esp
DeadlySpellImpacts.esp
FNISspells.esp
Better Stealth AI for Followers.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-BetterStealthAIPatch.esp
Realistic crime report radius.esp
Dual Wield Parrying_SKSE.esp
The Dance of Death - Ultimate Edition.esp
ABT - Faster Arrows Improved +50%.esp
ABT - Faster Bolts Improved +50%.esp
ABT - Increased Bolts Damage (BS and CCO) +50%.esp
ABT - Increased Progressive Damage (BS and CCO) +50%.esp
Sneak Tools.esp
Sneak Tools Vanilla Hoods.esp
Sneak Tools Vanilla Masks.esp
SPERG.esp
SPERG Weapon Styles.esp
dD-No Spinning Death Animation.esp
Resplendent - The Races Package.esp
XFLConfig.esp
XFLDialogue.esp
XFLPanel.esp
XFLPlugins.esp
XFLHorses.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-XFLPatch.esp
moveit.esp
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Medium.esp
Skyrim Sizes.esp
SkyrimSizesLore.esp
SPTConsistentOlderPeople.esp
ethereal_elven_overhaul.esp
Chesko_LevelUp.esp
SeeEnchs.esp
RealisticWaterTwo.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Legendary.esp
Alternate Hearthfire House Map Marker Optional Version 2.esp
House Markers.esp
Bashed Patch, 0.esp
Automatic Variants.esp
ASIS-Dependency.esp
ASIS.esp
LLI.esp
Dual Sheath Redux Patch.esp
CCO_SIC_Patch.esp
arrow upgrading.esp
MUSIC.esp
Merged Patch CCO.esp

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

I think they are getting a regular set of armor and then LLI's Matched Outfits feature is giving them another set. Not sure how to fix that aside form just disabeling that part of LLI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoking_Dragon
Dec 12, 2001

WOE UNTO THEE
Pillbug

Grondoth posted:

I actually met the same guy last night, she has the soul of his dead wife so it's justified and definitely NOT incest!

For the most part I like Interesting NPCs, especially the followers with long backstories who say different things depending on where you are. However, some of the voice actors are god-awful and the stories are extremely boring or depressing.

• Locked thread