Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

justcola posted:

On Dolphins: Spy In The Pod, are their two spy animals at all times to film the other spy animal? About half of the footage is of the spy animal filming dolphins. Also CGI has made it so I'm not entirely sure if the dolphins are real or 3D graphics running on a quadcore processor.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/i/b03ny6tx/?t=2m44s

I felt sure that most of the good footage was filmed by a cameraman in a scuba suit, and the whole gimmick of spy animals is pointless. I will always laugh at the disconcerting cameramals they cobble together though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

BizarroAzrael posted:

Oh, I thought Ecigs were legit, do they not work in some way? I understand they have nicotine, so are they still dangerous?

Nicotine is not dangerous, it is just addictive. Its all the burning poo poo in normal smokes that causes all the damage.

reality_groove
Dec 27, 2007

So...how bout that Benefits Street?

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Mr Beens posted:

Nicotine is not dangerous, it is just addictive. Its all the burning poo poo in normal smokes that causes all the damage.

Well you can get nicotine poisoning pretty easily, for example if you're using a nicotine patch/gum/spray and then have an e-cig at the same time.

Padje
Sep 10, 2003

I don't much care for the attitude of filthy money-lenders

Green Wing posted:

Well, House of Fools is odd. I think I like it. It's very stupid and some people will probably hate it for its "random"ness, but that's always been Vic and Bob's thing. And it has Matt Berry.

It's hit and miss but at least one gets the impression the shows makers are finding it funny, rather unlike other shows where it seems the writers script things not because they're funny but because people at home are thought so little of as to laugh at it.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Sion posted:

No he's got a point we should get back to complaining/masturbating about/over BBC3.

On the one hand it has some things like Cuckoo* and that episode of Uncle was very funny. On the other hand it consistently gives airtime to idiots named Russell. I think I can just about take the good with the bad.

I think it gets picked on a bit unfairly, for instance I can't remember the last time I watched anything at all on any ITV channel.

*I'm not sure if that was actually any good, but one of my flatmates is a massive hippy and looks pretty much exactly like him, so that alone was worth watching it for.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

ITV is miles worse than anything BBC3 produces. I'm with XMNN, I can't remember the last time I watched anything on any of the ITV channels. At least BBC3 has the occasional good thing.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
About the only things I ever watch on ITV are the premiership rugby roundups and the TdF. My sister watches Downton, but I really can't understand why.

Jawidar
Feb 17, 2007
House of Fools was worth watching just for the Gone in 60 Seconds/"It was here a minute ago" joke.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

goatface posted:

About the only things I ever watch on ITV are the premiership rugby roundups and the TdF. My sister watches Downton, but I really can't understand why.

I miss the days of cut throat Napoleonic heroes or bad rear end 18th century Solicitors railing against ye olde law. Now it is all boring middle class toffs and bland detective dramas :smith:.

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Broadchurch was magnificent, only truly great thing ITV have done in years.

And I liked Poirot, but that's finished now, bar the endless repeats on ITV3. (I enjoyed a good game of Who's That Character Actor while watching Poirot, as I did with Sharpe.)

That's all. Can't think of a single other ITV programme I made time for in the past four or five years; and even if I did, STV probably wouldn't show it anyway. Stupid regional variations...

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

Irisi posted:

Broadchurch was magnificent, only truly great thing ITV have done in years.

And I liked Poirot, but that's finished now, bar the endless repeats on ITV3. (I enjoyed a good game of Who's That Character Actor while watching Poirot, as I did with Sharpe.)

That's all. Can't think of a single other ITV programme I made time for in the past four or five years; and even if I did, STV probably wouldn't show it anyway. Stupid regional variations...

I only ever watch itv for the odd movie or football, but their football coverage is atrocious as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQMFHx9vWL8

im not the only one who thinks this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mANXqc3A6zI

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012
Watching Bake Off and someone has mixed bacon and chocolate. :stare:

HauntedRobot
Jun 22, 2002

an excellent mod
a simple map to my heart
now give me tilt shift
ITV also has Britain's Best Bakery for those missing Bake Off.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Ilyich posted:

Eliciting a rare reference by Hollywood to the failed American spin-off. Also, being rude to Freud, who is a bubble of nastiness in the show's usual camaraderie.
Omid Djalili hosting style: sadly apologetic, like a general giving the order to his troops to march to what he knows is their certain, pointless death.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

ITV is so underwhelming for me that I didn't even watch Breathless even though it looked good and had Catherine Steadman and Jack Davenport for me to dreamily stare at. And 95% of the reason for me watching something is because I want to stare dreamily at someone that is in it.

Doug Sisk
Sep 11, 2001

Mr. Squishy posted:

Eliciting a rare reference by Hollywood to the failed American spin-off. Also, being rude to Freud, who is a bubble of nastiness in the show's usual camaraderie.
Omid Djalili hosting style: sadly apologetic, like a general giving the order to his troops to march to what he knows is their certain, pointless death.

I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking she was being a bit of a bitch compared to the usual contestants.
Omid Djalili is the exact opposite of Jo Brand, and that is definitely an improvement.

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Mr. Squishy posted:

Also, being rude to Freud, who is a bubble of nastiness in the show's usual camaraderie.

Gosh, she's a prickly cactus in a bed of rose petals, isn't she? Oooft, I wouldn't like to be getting on the wrong side of her.

Loving how Michael Ball just dyed his teeth royal blue by absent-mindedly licking the spoon containing his food colouring though. I've done that. You need steel wool and an industrial abrasive powder to get it off.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Ilyich posted:

One of my foodie blogger friends served up some chocolate-covered bacon at a Christmas party last month. I'm not an Internet LOLBACON person or anything, but it was loving delicious.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Irisi posted:

That's all. Can't think of a single other ITV programme I made time for in the past four or five years;

I like Endeavour a lot, but I also watched all of Inspector Morse and Lewis, so it's kinda required viewing.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
The Ray Mears wildlife series.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
I always forget how much I like Ray Mears, he's so much better than Bear Grylls. If you ended up in the wilderness with Ray you'd spend your time eating leaves and making things out of bits of wood, but Bear Grylls would make you eat bear vomit or something just because it's disgusting.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Roger Lloyd-Pack has died. It's a sad day.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Haggis Heed posted:

Roger Lloyd-Pack has died. It's a sad day.

Always thought he aged really well, I'll always remember him for this moment tho.

Its a pity it cuts before his confused look around

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Taff posted:

Always thought he aged really well, I'll always remember him for this moment tho.

Its a pity it cuts before his confused look around
"They're going to name the baby Rodney. After Dave here."

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

He fell through the bar, Stew.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

VogeGandire posted:

Then Trigger made a face

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
And it was the FUNNIEST THING

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!
He was vertical, Stew, and he became horizontal

Irisi posted:

I can't watch FA Cup football because STV won't show it up here, it's rubbish. And ITV's player is poo poo too.

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

"I'm a really useful engine!"

VogeGandire posted:

Fatkraken posted:

Then Trigger made a face

DaWolfey posted:

And it was the FUNNIEST THING

This text is simply because I don't wanna get probated for empty quoting this.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

And the Stewart Lee fanboys have arrived. How utterly predictable.

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

Haggis Heed posted:

We were all already here.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Haggis Heed posted:

What do you mean by this? Tell it to us straight, like 100% pear.

I personally hate Stewart Lee with a passion. Hes like Ian Huntley to me.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Run for cover, here comes comedianchat. :ohdear:

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Gorn Myson posted:

What do you mean by this? Tell it to us straight, like 100% pear.

I personally hate Stewart Lee with a passion. Hes like Ian Huntley to me.

The comedy high brow'ers are quoting a sketch about only fools and horses by Stewart Lee

Nevett
Aug 31, 2001

The Only Fools moment and the Stewart Lee bit can both be good non-exclusively! :monocle:

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

"I'm a really useful engine!"

Haggis Heed posted:

The comedy high brow'ers are quoting a sketch about only fools and horses by Stewart Lee

Woosh.

edit: Hi Nevett! :3:

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
I see it as more of a Richard Herring bit tbh

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...

Haggis Heed posted:

The trigger falling through the bar bit was great though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
Stewart Lee also loves that moment.

I can't believe he'd hate such a classic moment in TV comedy history. The guy does not strike me as a hater.