Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They've been putting each episode of Rick and Morty up on Youtube for about a week before putting it behind a paywall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

They've been putting each episode of Rick and Morty up on Youtube for about a week before putting it behind a paywall.

Oh cool, I guess I can keep current on it then if that continues. All I've seen of it was this week's episode and I really like it a lot.

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Is anyone planning on making a Kroll Show season 2 thread? If not, I'll make one this weekend.

Please do, because that Cake Train opening with C-Czar nearly killed me.

VorpalBunny fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Jan 16, 2014

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I don't think it's a stretch to say that the four Rick and Morty episodes that have aired so far are wayyyyyy funnier and generally of a higher quality than the first 3 episodes of Community season 5. Although that could all change after tonight.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I love Rick and Morty but that's a bit much.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

MrAristocrates posted:

I love Rick and Morty but that's a bit much.

It's Bown, he doesn't really do "funny" the way other people do.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Community season 5 has been good but it's hardly anywhere near the quality of 1-3 yet. It'll get there, most likely, but I'm hardly surprised it's taking a bit of time. In comparison, Rick and Morty's first four episodes have all (except maybe the pilot), been absolutely hilarious and insanely inventive. I honestly assumed this was just agreed-upon by everybody who has seen both seasons.

also, BB: you bitching about other posters was ok when it was about rapists, then only a little irritating when it was PriorMarcus, but now you're tipping over into full-on insufferable. You're a cool guy but cut it out already.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Everyone should just come to terms with the fact that we're all The Worst.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Exactly! We're all spergs in our own way and about our own poo poo.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
So this just popped up as a Recommended video while I was watching a clip of Girls and it's basically like a 5 minute episode of that show (in a good way):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfvTaWuDR60

I'm not sure where it's headed, but I liked it well enough.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Don't know if this is the place to discuss this, but it looks like the Adam West Batman series will finally be coming to DVD:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Batman-DVDs-Planned/19353

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Davros1 posted:

Don't know if this is the place to discuss this, but it looks like the Adam West Batman series will finally be coming to DVD:

I'm honestly surprised it wasn't out already, I just assumed it was released ages ago. Was there some kind of rights issue with the show or something?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Idran posted:

I'm honestly surprised it wasn't out already, I just assumed it was released ages ago. Was there some kind of rights issue with the show or something?

Yeah. WB owns Batman, but Fox owned the rights to the show. And then there's the royalties aspect for all the guest stars. And not just with people like Julie Newmar and Eli Wallach, and the estates of the deceased guest actors, but of all the actors who made the "open window" cameos in the wall climbing scenes.

It's going to be interesting to see if all that got settled, or if there's going to be a lot of editing.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Tuxedo Jack posted:

I try to stay away from the thread except to read Ted Mosby Architect posts...

People actively seek those out??

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!
Yeah that show is a rights clusterfuck. I wouldn't be surprised if they had to pay one guy for "POWW!!" and a different one for "BIFF!!!"

But the day has finally arrived.

EvilTobaccoExec fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jan 17, 2014

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It was also in a situation where they had a contract for syndication rights (which is why it still shows up on TV from time to time) but not for home video.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Davros1 posted:

This is incredibly awesome news. :dance:

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
I want to say, but can't find it specifically mentioned in this link, that this story fleshes out a lot of the horse trading that went into this exchange and the tv rights were somehow thrown in at a later time as well because I've been aware of this for months: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/christopher-nolans-interstellar-warner-bros-562879

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Good news everyone! The Dexter spin-off is about... Dexter!

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

PriorMarcus posted:

Good news everyone! The Dexter spin-off is about... Dexter!

You know, my first reaction was "Oh, what the gently caress," but then I realized "Oh wait, THAT'S why Showtime demanded he live. Of course."

Or is this your way of saying that the spin-off is about Young Dexter learning the Code of Harry? (I really haven't looked yet.)

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

DivisionPost posted:

You know, my first reaction was "Oh, what the gently caress," but then I realized "Oh wait, THAT'S why Showtime demanded he live. Of course."

Or is this your way of saying that the spin-off is about Young Dexter learning the Code of Harry? (I really haven't looked yet.)

Its him in Canada as a lumberjack

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!
Fingers are crossed for a talking car. Please god let there be a talking car.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

bobkatt013 posted:

Its him in Canada as a lumberjack

Jesus making GBS threads gently caress you are not kidding. Nobody is kidding. WHY ISN'T ANYONE KIDDING.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

SPIN OFFS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm starting to think they did the ending that way just to gently caress with whoever had to follow them. Unless it's the same people, in which case I just feel bad for them.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
The AV Club Review of the first episode of Dexter Morgan: Lumberjack will just be a gigantic middle finger made of text.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.

DivisionPost posted:

Jesus making GBS threads gently caress you are not kidding. Nobody is kidding. WHY ISN'T ANYONE KIDDING.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zey8567bcg

Seriously, gently caress them all.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Pity they can't call the show Shameless.

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Playstation 3&4 finally getting HBOGO: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/01/16/hbo-go-for-ps3-coming-soon-ps4-to-follow/

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

raditts posted:

People actively seek those out??

You have to consider the thread you're talking about here raditts.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Bown posted:

also, BB: you bitching about other posters was ok when it was about rapists, then only a little irritating when it was PriorMarcus, but now you're tipping over into full-on insufferable. You're a cool guy but cut it out already.

First they came for the azure_horizons but I did not speak up because I was not a rapist

Then they came for the grouches...

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Bown posted:

At first he would reply to me and we'd laugh about it, I even like the AV, now he seems to genuinely dislike me and anywhere I post he pops up just to say how negative I am.

Huh.

In more positive news True Detectives was amazing.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.
It's True Detective, singular. Because only one of them is true.

Guess which one.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Joramun posted:

It's True Detective, singular. Because only one of them is true.

Guess which one.

... Poirot?

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
In.

(p.s. the Vatican series over at Showtime isn't happening)

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

DivisionPost posted:

In.

(p.s. the Vatican series over at Showtime isn't happening)

I'm onboard for anything Chandler chooses to do, and I like the team behind this one too. God, I still miss Friday Night Lights. What an exceptional show.

Honestly I wasn't in love with the Vatican drama, so I don't mind it not being picked up. It seemed like the type of sweeping, globe spanning drama I'm not that interested in. This seems a lot more personal and focused.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

PriorMarcus posted:

Honestly I wasn't in love with the Vatican drama, so I don't mind it not being picked up. It seemed like the type of sweeping, globe spanning drama I'm not that interested in. This seems a lot more personal and focused.

I was totally game for The Vatican, but if Showtime's not going to order a pilot directed by Ridley Freaking Scott, then the whole must have been far less than the sum of its parts.

I like the Damages guys better than Paul Attansio anyhow. I kind of regret dropping it at the beginning of season 3, especially when I loved the S2 finale as much as I did.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

DivisionPost posted:

SHOWTIME YOU ARE BAD AT TELEVISION :argh:

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

The Dexter spinoff should've been about him dying while texting and driving, and then going to murderer heaven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

DivisionPost posted:

I was totally game for The Vatican, but if Showtime's not going to order a pilot directed by Ridley Freaking Scott, then the whole must have been far less than the sum of its parts.

Ridley Freaking Scott is Ridley Freaking Inconsistent. At this point he's had more painful misses in his career than good movies so I have no trouble believing that the pilot could be bad.

• Locked thread