Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

One Arm Twist Punch (Big Boss Man)
Double Arm Twist Punch (Texas Tornado)
1 Arm Uppercur (Bret Hart)
Straight Arm Punch (Hulk Hogan)
Spring Jump (Shawn Michaels)
Gorilla Press Slam (Ultimate Warrior ?)

I can't think of any more right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
Flair's Hasbro figure had that awful headlock/punch thing, making it (even more) clunky and unrealistic to put on matches using his figure.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Ric Flair, with Flare Snare!

Ric Flare, with Flair Snare!

Ric Flair, with Flair Snair!

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Halloween Jack posted:

:smug: No snare, No Flair.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
So for the Royal Rumble Toxx I sort of said if DB won the rumble I would watch and review the worst Rumble PPV. Now I said this thinking that his eventual return to facedom would take place after the Rumble and concussion aside he has a good chance of being in the match and winning now.

So just in case, what IS the worst RR PPV?

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

Red posted:

- The remake of Boss Man:

I remember this one if only because I lost him under my deck and never found him again. :smith:

I was a huge Warrior mark mostly because the first Wrestling toy I ever had was the Warrior Pop-up figure (similar to the aforementioned Beefcake pop-up). I also had a WCW ring that had some sound buttons on the steps and came with a large molded rubber surfer-style Sting and some other WCW guy from the early 90s with brown(?) hair. I had no idea what WCW was, so I thought it was some lovely knock-off of WWF made by a toy company. :v:

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Onmi posted:

So for the Royal Rumble Toxx I sort of said if DB won the rumble I would watch and review the worst Rumble PPV. Now I said this thinking that his eventual return to facedom would take place after the Rumble and concussion aside he has a good chance of being in the match and winning now.

The 40 man one sucked pretty hard.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Halloween Jack posted:

THIS ISN'T SNARE TO FLAIR!!!!

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Hockles posted:

One Arm Twist Punch (Big Boss Man)
Double Arm Twist Punch (Texas Tornado)
1 Arm Uppercur (Bret Hart)
Straight Arm Punch (Hulk Hogan)
Spring Jump (Shawn Michaels)
Gorilla Press Slam (Ultimate Warrior ?)

I can't think of any more right now

The Jake Roberts figure had his arms in position for a DDT and came with a rubber Damian. One of my relatives made me a little bag for the snake, which was loving awesome (Jake was my favorite).

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

VogeGandire posted:

Was always a mark for Jake Roberts.

Because, come on, dude had a SNAKE.
Woah. WOAH. A wrestling vampire wizard is one thing, but that guy? He creeps me out.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Onmi posted:

The worst Rumble match is probably the '95 one, because of the bullshit 60-second intervals (FASTEST PACED RUMBLE EVER!), or possibly 1999, where Vince McMahon wins.

The worst PPV might just be '99, because the Rumble sucked, and the matches pretty much blew, too. It had Bossman vs. Road Dogg, Shamrock vs. Billy, X-Pac vs. Gangrel, Sable vs. Luna Vachon, and the super uncomfortable Rock/Foley "I QUIT! I QUIT I QUIT I QUIT!" match.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Shamrock vs Billy was okay, just because it somehow logically followed how you'd think that match should go. Shamrock beat the poo poo out of him, ignored his finisher, beat the poo poo out of him some more, kicked out of a run-in, ankle lock, goodnight Billy.

magnum_valentino
Apr 18, 2013

Red posted:

The worst PPV might just be '99, because the Rumble sucked, and the matches pretty much blew, too. It had Bossman vs. Road Dogg, Shamrock vs. Billy, X-Pac vs. Gangrel, Sable vs. Luna Vachon, and the super uncomfortable Rock/Foley "I QUIT! I QUIT I QUIT I QUIT!" match.

One of Bleacher Report's writers said the same thing recently and it's the second time in as many weeks that someone has challenged my long-held belief that that Boss Man/ Road Dogg opener is a legitimate classic. :colbert:

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Perry Normal posted:

THIS ISN'T SNARE TO FLAIR!!!!

SNARE ME?!? I'M ALREADY SNARED!!

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Cromulent posted:

Flair's Hasbro figure had that awful headlock/punch thing, making it (even more) clunky and unrealistic to put on matches using his figure.

Rick Rude had that as well. Made him designated elbow dropper.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Onmi posted:

Here's all the Royal Rumbles matches ranked from best-to-worst according to Meltzer snowflakes:

2008 - ****1/4
2007 - ****
1992 - ***3/4
2004 - ***3/4
1988 - ***1/2
1995 - ***1/2
2002 - ***1/2
2006 - ***1/2
2009 - ***1/2
2010 - ***1/2
2011 - ***1/2
2013 - ***1/2
2001 - ***1/4
2003 - ***1/4
2012 - ***1/4
1990 - ***
1997 - ***
2000 - **3/4
1989 - **1/2
1994 - **1/2
1996 - **1/2
1998 - **1/2
1991 - **1/4
1999 - *1/2

2005 - N/A
1993 - N/A

Five Apples
Mar 11, 2008

THIS IS WHAT I AM

Bigass Moth posted:

How terrible was Jackson Andrews? Wikipedia lists him at 7'1 320 so he fits the monster build they love.

Jackson Andrews was so terrible, he showed up on exactly one Raw as Tyson Kidd's muscle and then disappeared forever.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

Five Apples posted:

Jackson Andrews was so terrible, he showed up on exactly one Raw as Tyson Kidd's muscle and then disappeared forever.

He was on Raw exactly two times actually

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Royal Rumble 2006 had a very bad rumble match, Edge dropping the title back to Cena immediately so they could set up Triple H v. Cena at Mania (not the right booking call at all), and Kurt Angle v. Mark Henry, which was terrible.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Red posted:

- The first Big Boss Man figure:

Here's my Wrestling Question: why does this Boss Man figure look so sad?

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Endorph posted:

This is the Bossman that was in WCW.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Endorph posted:

When he first debuted in the WWF, he was, in my dad's words: a blivot.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Red posted:

When he first debuted in the WWF, he was, in my dad's words: a blivot.

He looked much better when he joined The Shield.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Writer Cath posted:

He looked much better when he joined The Shield.

Maybe they should've advertised BodyChange with a photoshopped fat Dean Ambrose as a "Before", and current trim and sleazy Ambrose as the "After".

People would believe in The Shield BodyChange program.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

He was great in Final Fight.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Dan Severn is not a member of The Shield.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Onmi posted:

Easily that mid-90s one (I want to say '96) where they didn't even have 30 men on the roster, so they borrowed guys from Mexico and USWA. Just awful. Guys 'debuted' and then never showed up again. I think that might also be the year the clock broke for the first several entries, but I'm not sure.

I don't remember the undercard but it was the New Generation era, so you can't expect much anyway.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Tyson Kidd's career post The Hart Dynasty is so weird. They come up with ideas for him and do them in rapid succession, like giving him a bodyguard for a week, sending him out with a different manager every week for a solid month, putting him on Total Divas and making a big deal about his re-debut and then instantly dropping him from television, etc. It's almost as if they like the idea of using Tyson Kidd in theory, but as soon as they see him go down the ramp they're like "Wait, who the gently caress is this? Get him off TV." He's the living embodiment of Meltzer's constant refrain "plans change."

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Wade "The Bad News Barber" Barrett should shave off his stupid spitcurl thing.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

sticklefifer posted:

Easily that mid-90s one (I want to say '96) where they didn't even have 30 men on the roster, so they borrowed guys from Mexico and USWA. Just awful. Guys 'debuted' and then never showed up again. I think that might also be the year the clock broke for the first several entries, but I'm not sure.

I don't remember the undercard but it was the New Generation era, so you can't expect much anyway.

The 1997 Royal Rumble.

It debuted Stone Cold's watch, though, and led to The Final Four match, so it wasn't all bad.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Red posted:

The 1997 Royal Rumble.

It debuted Stone Cold's watch, though, and led to The Final Four match, so it wasn't all bad.

Yeah, '97 had the AAA guys. '96's is notable, so to speak, for Takao Omori out of loving nowhere and for no apparent reason.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Tato posted:

Tyson Kidd's career post The Hart Dynasty is so weird. They come up with ideas for him and do them in rapid succession, like giving him a bodyguard for a week, sending him out with a different manager every week for a solid month, putting him on Total Divas and making a big deal about his re-debut and then instantly dropping him from television, etc. It's almost as if they like the idea of using Tyson Kidd in theory, but as soon as they see him go down the ramp they're like "Wait, who the gently caress is this? Get him off TV." He's the living embodiment of Meltzer's constant refrain "plans change."

It's more likely that Creative or the agents like him, but as soon as Vince or Hunter see him on TV, they're :shepface: "Take it home. Now."

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

It was fun at Axxess this year when Cesaro was asked who the most underrated person in WWE is, and he silently pointed up to Kidd in the upper decks.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Royal Rumble 2006 had a very bad rumble match, Edge dropping the title back to Cena immediately so they could set up Triple H v. Cena at Mania (not the right booking call at all), and Kurt Angle v. Mark Henry, which was terrible.
At least it lead to this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mn2Ck5uIJw

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Red posted:

The 1997 Royal Rumble.

Nah, '96 was the one I was thinking of. The one with the "Squat Team" and Doug Gilbert. I mixed it up in my memory with the following year that had all the luchadores. '97 Rumble was definitely better than '96.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

sticklefifer posted:

Nah, '96 was the one I was thinking of. The one with the "Squat Team" and Doug Gilbert. I mixed it up in my memory with the following year that had all the luchadores. '97 Rumble was definitely better than '96.

How can you pick on the '96 Rumble? The "Supreme Fighting Machine", Kama, made it to the final four!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I'm pretty sure that lightning is literally from windows movie maker.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Red posted:

How can you pick on the '96 Rumble? The "Supreme Fighting Machine", Kama, made it to the final four!
Kama! Like Tazz, but a foot taller, and therefore a foot better!

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Halloween Jack posted:

Kama! Like Tazz, but a foot taller, and therefore a foot better!

Didn't Kama beat the Undertaker once?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maxallen
Nov 22, 2006

triplexpac posted:

Didn't Kama beat the Undertaker once?

I'm not sure if he actually beat Taker but he did steal the urn and turn it into a chain.