Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Germ
May 7, 2013

krushgroove posted:

For other prize winners (Troll Trader and Grab Bag prizes, etc.), the issue is frankly my finances - sending out stuff on my own dime/10p is expensive (especially now stuff needs to be sent with insurance and/or signature confirmation so it doesn't let lost like a few packages have done), so a few of you are still waiting for stuff I've got packed and waiting to send out, and I can only apologize profusely for that - I'll try to get in touch with everyone who's affected.

Is there any way I can ask you not to sweat mine until the very end of everything? Piecemeal shipping is expensive and you already give enough of your time. I'd rather wait till the end to get any loot I've accumulated all at once.

Thanks a million for all of the work you put into this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

krushgroove posted:

For other prize winners (Troll Trader and Grab Bag prizes, etc.), the issue is frankly my finances - sending out stuff on my own dime/10p is expensive (especially now stuff needs to be sent with insurance and/or signature confirmation so it doesn't let lost like a few packages have done), so a few of you are still waiting for stuff I've got packed and waiting to send out, and I can only apologize profusely for that - I'll try to get in touch with everyone who's affected.

I second Germ's opinion. If it's better to wait until the end of the oathing year, that would be fine by me.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

krushgroove posted:

Can you add Irving Washington to the list? Space Crusade looks pretty drat close enough to 40K to me, considering it has Genestealers, Orks and Space Marines in it, so it's in...

Added IrvingWashington!

Krushgroove, you missed approval for LazyAngel I believe.

Deanut Pancer posted:

I oath these 5 models from the Corporation Starter Set for Miniwargaming's Dark Potential

I think these are 28mm scale, right?

Cataphract posted:

OATH COMPLETE

Also, despite actually starting this whole oath business back in the 40k thread sometime in '08 I've not actually participated since it become a big deal... so I guess this is eligible for the "awww a baby" thing.

It's nice to see how much this has grown beyond the $20 GW gift voucher I gave away.

You're not new to Something Awful Oath threads in general, so I can't give you this point. It's only for people who have never done an Oath before. It's OK though, it's just 1 point! :)

WhiteOutMouse posted:

I oath one Enforcer STRIKE FORCE from the kickstarter for January (Mantic: Deadzone/Warpath game, 28mm)

I started painting the guy's chest red and I was like, "Oh yeah, oath these guys!" One color is ok, right?

One color is OK. But, could you please tell me exactly how many miniatures are there? I think I count 13 but I'm not certain.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Indolent Bastard posted:

I second Germ's opinion. If it's better to wait until the end of the oathing year, that would be fine by me.

OK - noted for you two, I'll ask the rest of the folks waiting what they'd prefer. It seems that the numbers of participants is really levelling off recently, as evidenced by the number of re-rolls Leperflesh had to do for November's completed oaths. So it's likely that there will be many people getting multiple prizes from here on out.

LazyAngel posted:

I LazyAngel oath the following for the month of January; A Royal Paladin and Hexcast Sorceress from Super Dungeon Explore (Soda Pop), and an Infinity Naffatun (Corvus Belli)

Accepted! sorry for missing ya

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Completed Oaths, by Month:
pre:
May	June	July	Aug	Sept	Oct	Nov	Dec
105	81	74	73	70	62	51	50
So, definitely leveling off, but not too horribly. There's always a lot of people who drop out as we go.

Say, have we heard from Sole.Sushi? I still need a different 3rd place winner from November. Also, have you sent slideshows to the judges for December yet?

Let me know if you need some help with the bookkeeping. We could probably use the spreadsheet to mark which prizes people have received/not received yet, for example.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

krushgroove posted:

I'm not too bothered, after all it's a free prize.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Leperflesh posted:

Completed Oaths, by Month:
pre:
May	June	July	Aug	Sept	Oct	Nov	Dec
105	81	74	73	70	62	51	50
So, definitely leveling off, but not too horribly. There's always a lot of people who drop out as we go.

Say, have we heard from Sole.Sushi? I still need a different 3rd place winner from November. Also, have you sent slideshows to the judges for December yet?

I checked his last judgement post, he did alter it to give Namenlos 1 point instead of 2, so I think that makes his scoring OK. I'll be uploading the slideshow pictures tomorrow, I tried doing it from home and upload speeds prevent me from getting any sort of joy making the new album.

Numbers look OK I guess, but I think we will have several more multiple-prize winners coming up.

quote:

Let me know if you need some help with the bookkeeping. We could probably use the spreadsheet to mark which prizes people have received/not received yet, for example.

I should have probably put everything in a GDocs spreadsheet from the start, at the moment everything is in a disorganized-looking document...but at least there's some color-coding :P Things are fairly manageable right now (but made more difficult by a couple of the prize sponsors), but it's slightly out of date. I'll update it after I send out a bunch of things real soon and let you know if we need to move everything to the spreadsheet.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
:siren:OATH COMPLETE:siren:

Jurnal is the attempt at environmental glow on the nephilim; I think it came out fairly well for basically my first real attempt ever.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Krushgroove, please don't feel rushed on my account. I can certainly wait, althought I doubt I'd have enough swag built up to bulk ship like Germ there. You may like to know that my girlfriend, who's done some fantastic photography work so I can get my barbies posted, has been reading your name as Kush Grove this whole time. :okpos:

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.

Leperflesh posted:

One color is OK. But, could you please tell me exactly how many miniatures are there? I think I count 13 but I'm not certain.

Appologies, it is 14 total models when you count the sentry guns and that orb/drone that comes with the enforcer-merc that has no rules yet. I edited my oath-post as well.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

krushgroove posted:

I checked his last judgement post, he did alter it to give Namenlos 1 point instead of 2, so I think that makes his scoring OK.

No, This is the post in question and the issue is that OneTrueBru didn't actually do an oath in November: he saved a whale, but nothing for points. His saved whale isn't eligible for judgement. It's sort of my fault, because I put in a link in the "completed" column for him (pointing to the completed whale), but you can see he has no points for the month in the points columns.

You might be thinking of thiswayliesmadness, who did have to swap out OneTrueBru as well, and I think he bumped Namenlos up a spot to compensate.

WhiteOutMouse posted:

Appologies, it is 14 total models when you count the sentry guns and that orb/drone that comes with the enforcer-merc that has no rules yet. I edited my oath-post as well.

Awesome, got it thanks.

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry
My 40k vote has to be for --------------SRM's super clean marines--------------

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I, NTRabbit, hereby oath for January 1 Marauder Ripper Suit "Mauler", and 1 Marauder Ripper Suit "Rainmaker" from Deadzone by Mantic

They are 28mm scale, but my handsome Orx friends are on 40mm bases and give GW Orks weapon envy :orks101:

These minis are ineligible for the special monthly competition put on in honour of and to promote the new Skirmish game Deadzone, because I'm the one sponsoring it with the prize :woop:

I'll also be Savin da whales on my oath from last month, here's a wip

One query, can I claim one time bonuses from da whales? Had intended on doing the gaming tokens one with the crates.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Leperflesh posted:

No, This is the post in question and the issue is that OneTrueBru didn't actually do an oath in November: he saved a whale, but nothing for points. His saved whale isn't eligible for judgement. It's sort of my fault, because I put in a link in the "completed" column for him (pointing to the completed whale), but you can see he has no points for the month in the points columns.

You might be thinking of thiswayliesmadness, who did have to swap out OneTrueBru as well, and I think he bumped Namenlos up a spot to compensate.

OK, got it now, I've sent off an email to Sushi.

Meanwhile, can everyone who completed their oath check for December out the link below!

:siren: The December Oath Gallery is here! :siren:

Please look it over and let me know if your completed oath is missing!

NTRabbit posted:

I, NTRabbit, hereby oath for January 1 Marauder Ripper Suit "Mauler", and 1 Marauder Ripper Suit "Rainmaker" from Deadzone by Mantic

They are 28mm scale, but my handsome Orx friends are on 40mm bases and give GW Orks weapon envy :orks101:

These minis are ineligible for the special monthly competition put on in honour of and to promote the new Skirmish game Deadzone, because I'm the one sponsoring it with the prize :woop:

Accepted!

quote:

One query, can I claim one time bonuses from da whales? Had intended on doing the gaming tokens one with the crates.

Hmmm...I think it might complicate things if you add something new to an oath that's being Saved. Leperflesh, what say you?

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Jan 14, 2014

Avenger_Mullah
Dec 28, 2008

Germ posted:

Is there any way I can ask you not to sweat mine until the very end of everything? Piecemeal shipping is expensive and you already give enough of your time. I'd rather wait till the end to get any loot I've accumulated all at once.

Thanks a million for all of the work you put into this!

All of this times a million. Should I win anything more, I'd be totally okay with paying for shipping myself.

Great work KG

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer
my 40k vote goes to __________WhiteOutMouse____

For the month of January I oath 6 Tau missile drones.

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!
Edited my judgment post from month previous.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

krushgroove posted:

Hmmm...I think it might complicate things if you add something new to an oath that's being Saved. Leperflesh, what say you?

Well, I track the one-time bonuses separately from oaths. So that'd be easy to track. On the other hand, part of the deal with the points-earning stuff is that, with a few exceptions (alternate universe, display board, diorama) they're all supposed to be done within a one-month period. Which isn't the case for Whales.

I don't like to be a stickler but I think I'm with you: Whales is Whales, you can't add anything else to it.

Sole.Sushi posted:

Edited my judgment post from month previous.

Yay! Thanks Sole.Sushi! And congratulations Indolent Bastard for your third-place finish in November!

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Jan 14, 2014

Mmtheblue
Jul 25, 2007

...Out of this period a particularly cunning and strong Ork will emerge as the leader and the other Orks will gather round him...

Mmtheblue posted:

I, Mmtheblue, Oath to paint 5 Guardsmen and 1 Genestealer from Games Workshop Warhammer 40k, 1 Deathsleet from Reaper Bones, and 1 3'x3' felt sheet to make a X-Wing play mat.

Mmtheblue posted:

I'm also making an Oath Addition:

Sorry, adding another figure to my Diorama, one Reaper Chronoscope John Kincaide.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Booley posted:

For the month of January I oath 6 Tau missile drones.

Accepted!

Mmtheblue posted:

Sorry, adding another figure to my Diorama, one Reaper Chronoscope John Kincaide.

This is building up to be an impressive diorama, I'm sure!

e: the judges have December's Gallery!

e2: there are some PM's and a couple of emails I haven't got to yet, but I will be answering all of you soon. Thanks everyone for understanding!

e3: one more vote in December's 40K mini-competition could be the decider! These goons haven't voted yet:
TheBlobThing -
Raphus C -
Zhent -
Haydrian -
Galaspar -
SRM -

TheBlobThing posted:

I won the November prize (though I haven't received it yet) so I'm the one that's ineligible.

How does this make you ineligible? You completed your December 40K vote and you're not the one donating the prize so you're good, unless I'm missing something.

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jan 14, 2014

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Reality becomes illusory and observer-oriented when you study general relativity. Or Buddhism. Or get drafted.

Ok, time to get back on this horse. gently caress YOU DECEMBER

For January, :siren: Brock Samsonite Oaths 4 Swooping Hawks and 1 Swooping Hawk Exarch :siren: (Games Sweatshop, 40k) and 4 scratch built rectangular planters and 4 scratch built corner planters. (28mm scale) They're gonna have plants in em'.

Brock Samsonite will get it done this time.

Brock Samsonite fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Jan 15, 2014

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

krushgroove posted:

How does this make you ineligible? You completed your December 40K vote and you're not the one donating the prize so you're good, unless I'm missing something.

He's probably thinking of the general rule that you can't win the same prize twice; for example, you can't win the Grab Bag twice, or the Dragon Forge prize, etc.

However, that rule doesn't apply here because, A, this isn't the same prize, and B, it's a voting prize rather than a random pick. Some version of the Bachtere Clause might be appropriate though, I dunno.

Brock Samsonite posted:

4 scratch built rectangular planters and 4 scratch built corner planters. They're gonna have plants in em'.

Hmm. What scale are the planters? 1:1? I guess that'd be 12000mm? Also I suppose they might count as "conversions", although you don't have a before/after photoset in your Oath. Hmmm.

Waiiiitaminute, are they even 'miniature' at all? I better see some really small plants in those things or they're disqualified, mister!

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Reality becomes illusory and observer-oriented when you study general relativity. Or Buddhism. Or get drafted.

Hey, don't gently caress around. I painted that cough-drop bag that was in the picture with the wave serpent and I've got all month!

Edit: (I'll edit the oath post about em. It's the gray boxes they're standing on)

Brock Samsonite fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Jan 15, 2014

Monoliths
Jul 7, 2009

krushgroove posted:

OK - noted for you two, I'll ask the rest of the folks waiting what they'd prefer. It seems that the numbers of participants is really levelling off recently, as evidenced by the number of re-rolls Leperflesh had to do for November's completed oaths. So it's likely that there will be many people getting multiple prizes from here on out.

Yeah it's cool with me to receive stuff at the end of the season. It's like a holiday then. Also, I honestly wouldn't be opposed to sending out some dollars for postage for any loot multitudes I manage to acquire. Already totally worth it.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Brock Samsonite posted:

Ok, time to get back on this horse. gently caress YOU DECEMBER

For January, :siren: Brock Samsonite Oaths 4 Swooping Hawks and 1 Swooping Hawk Exarch :siren: (Games Sweatshop, 40k) and 4 scratch built rectangular planters and 4 scratch built corner planters. (28mm scale) They're gonna have plants in em'.

Brock Samsonite will get it done this time.
I'm curious what Eldar plants will look like. Accepted!

Leperflesh posted:

He's probably thinking of the general rule that you can't win the same prize twice; for example, you can't win the Grab Bag twice, or the Dragon Forge prize, etc.

However, that rule doesn't apply here because, A, this isn't the same prize, and B, it's a voting prize rather than a random pick. Some version of the Bachtere Clause might be appropriate though, I dunno.

Ah, riiight. Well. The prizes are being split up between 40K and 'other' settings and I didn't intend for the November and December mini-competitions to be consecutive 40K-based things. We didn't have a rule in place at the time we started, but we can make it that if you win one mini-competition, you can't win the next one for the same topic/brand, but I think you should be allowed to vote still.

Monoliths - I'll send you an email or PM about the prizes.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Here's (hopefully) easy question:
I already have a Get Based Out entry, but came up with a much cooler idea for next month. Can I replace my entry as long as I only have one submission entered?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Brock Samsonite posted:

Hey, don't gently caress around. I painted that cough-drop bag that was in the picture with the wave serpent and I've got all month!

Edit: (I'll edit the oath post about em. It's the gray boxes they're standing on)

Aw I'm just Joshing you. It's all good man. :)

moths posted:

Here's (hopefully) easy question:
I already have a Get Based Out entry, but came up with a much cooler idea for next month. Can I replace my entry as long as I only have one submission entered?

I don't see why not. They haven't been judged yet, so it should be fine to replace your current entry with a different one.

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

I think these are 28mm scale, right?
Yes they are. Sorry, I should have included that in the oath.

krushgroove posted:

Accepted! sorry for missing ya
I'm waiting for the Games 'n' Gears brushes and a Troll Trader prize. But like the others, I'm happy to wait on the off-chance I pick up something else in the remaining draws in order to save your pockets.

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe

krushgroove posted:

I just assumed the mystery prizes were covered under the Bachtere clause too. Never mind though, since there are some truly awesome stuff in there this time. I've narrowed my vote down to 2 entries, but I just can't make up my mind.

Also, I'm sorry for not oathing anything this month. After an extremely productive year, I feel nauseous just thinking about starting painting again.

2nd also: Don't apologise to us for putting a tremendous amount of work and resources into this thing, whatever happens. You guys are awesome, and to be annoyed with a delay because you can't afford postage would be extremely ungrateful for everything the oath team has done for us.
:worship:

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

enri posted:

OSL? Well that settles a little internal debate I was having over what mini to pick up next. I'll get it ordered :)

Sodding thing still hasn't turned up so I've delved through my pile of plastic crack for something I want to paint up, found a bunch of plastic skaven so this'll do for now:

:siren: I, enri, oath to paint :siren:

5 x Scrap tokens for Malifaux, scale is 28mm and these are 'Trash' scenic bases made by Micro Art Studios
1 x Skaven Standard Bearer, scale is 28mm and is made by Games Workshop

(no points given for guessing what bonus points I'm trying to blag this month :v:)

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Deanut Pancer posted:

I'm waiting for the Games 'n' Gears brushes and a Troll Trader prize. But like the others, I'm happy to wait on the off-chance I pick up something else in the remaining draws in order to save your pockets.

We're having...some issues with the Games N Gears stuff, same thing with Dragonforge, that are separate to the stuff I've got on hand, which have their own issues :) I'm going to see if I can pick up the slack on the GnG brushes, but no promises there, I just have to see what I can sort out. I will be catching up on the Troll Trader and Grab Bag stuff soon, at least for folks who haven't said they're happy to wait.

TheBlobThing posted:

I just assumed the mystery prizes were covered under the Bachtere clause too. Never mind though, since there are some truly awesome stuff in there this time. I've narrowed my vote down to 2 entries, but I just can't make up my mind.

OK no worries then - we'll run with this modified Bachtere clause from now on for these types of voting competitions.

quote:

Also, I'm sorry for not oathing anything this month. After an extremely productive year, I feel nauseous just thinking about starting painting again.

Don't forget you get a bonus point for completing oaths in all 12 months! ;)

Again I appreciate everyone's understanding with the delay in shipping stuff. If it were just one supplier or just me I wouldn't be as concerned as I am, but we do have multiple issues, and I'm going to sort out what I can directly control and try to make up the slack in other areas.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
:pcgaming:OATH COMPLETE!

And some detail shots:

I'd also like to claim Fly Your Flag for this sergeant banner:

More pictures in the 40k and painting threads. I might oath something else to get the OSL challenge, but we'll see how I feel after cartooning some more.

Germ
May 7, 2013

Those faces are gorgeous!

Crap - halfway through the month and I haven't oathed anything yet. Got to get on that!

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

It looks like he is angry about how poorly sculpted his face is.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
Thinking 'gently caress a metal scheme, I'm gonna paint a bad-rear end space dragon like all those Tau suits people keep posting' might have been a better idea if
  • I owned an airbrush
  • The model had less than 200-300 little segments to paint
  • I avoided ice blue and white
  • I didn't accidentally obligate myself to paint OSL on 30-40 little lights over the body of this thing

:suicide:

On the plus side, I am pretty fond of what is actually painted.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
I, Dr. Red Ranger, do oath one Games Workshop Helbrute (28mm), for my January oath.

So, when does oathing season end? I've had a look at the test schedule for my final didactic semester of pharmacy school and it's the most :suicide: thing I've ever seen, so this may very well be my last oath for a long, long time.

Avenger_Mullah
Dec 28, 2008

Iris of Ether posted:

On the plus side, I am pretty fond of what is actually painted.

Looks awesome!

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

So, when does oathing season end? I've had a look at the test schedule for my final didactic semester of pharmacy school and it's the most :suicide: thing I've ever seen, so this may very well be my last oath for a long, long time.

We started in May so I presume brushes down for good on this season at the end of April.. so 3 more months of painting after this :)

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Well, starting the last week of January I have a minimum of 2 exams a week, plus group assignments and presentations, labs, work, fundraising for our medical mission trip, and so on right up until finals and my year long rotations in May. I'll have to just oath a single marine or something per month. Gonna be rough you guys. :I

EDIT: So naturally I'm going to make the Helbrute the best effort I can muster. If I can I'd like to osl the flamer hole in his fist, his face as if there were a ring of lights around it recessed between the rings of teeth, and maybe his vents.

Dr. Red Ranger fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jan 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe

krushgroove posted:

We're having...some issues with the Games N Gears stuff, same thing with Dragonforge, that are separate to the stuff I've got on hand, which have their own issues :) I'm going to see if I can pick up the slack on the GnG brushes, but no promises there, I just have to see what I can sort out. I will be catching up on the Troll Trader and Grab Bag stuff soon, at least for folks who haven't said they're happy to wait.

I'm also fine with waiting; it's free stuff, who cares when I get it! If shipping charges are still a problem when the GnG brushes are ready, I'll happily work with you on that.

• Locked thread