Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Positive Optimyst posted:

I have had problems with this also.

I was and now am working on 4 pay scales: $45/hour, $35, $25, and $22.

But I have to pick one choice for salary on many online applications and I don't want it to sound too high or too low.

It's so rigid.

Is there a way around this?

Yeah, I always feel intimidated about posting salaries because I don't want to lowball myself but I also don't want to jeopardize my chances for a position for requesting one too high. I've been saying $25-ish where I can, which amounts to about $50k and change. I don't know what else to do aside from look up typical starting salaries for my industry (your provincial/state government probably has a website for it, for those wondering) and just posting that.

Is that pretty much all you can do if you don't have a previous job as a benchmark?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Nice thread.

This was asked earlier and I didn't see a reply. Everything else is universal, but this Summary of Qualifications is something I hadn't seen before and perhaps more common in the US. I like it. It's a good idea and I think both English and Australian hiring culture thinks the same way, hit them in the face straight away with why you should get the job.

Can you provide some examples? A few different summaries, perhaps one for a tech job like a senior coder and one for a business position like middle management.. stuff like that. I'm thinking it's a paragraph with targeted sentences toward requirements, but I could just as easily do dot points marrying up experience with desirables.

SlightlyMadman
Jan 14, 2005

I've just kicked off the interview process with Google and I thought I'd check here for advice. I've actually interviewed with them twice before: once about 4-5 years ago and a second time 3 years ago. Sadly they won't ever tell me why they chose not to hire, but I've been told repeatedly by their recruitment people that it was an extremely close decision. They flew me out there for the on-site interview and everything, and both times I even thought it went well. I know there are some Google guys here, and I've of course done all the research and know their deal pretty well. I'm fairly solid on big-o and had my design patterns more or less down, but I think it really came down to a personality or attitude thing.

I was curious if anyone had any suggestions from a non-technical perspective, on what sort of attitudes they're looking for? I'm not a Google fan-boy or anything, and I even had a conversation at my last interview about how I wasn't a big fan of Chrome. I basically was just completely honest, and I don't necessarily think I would do otherwise even if I knew that was the problem, but I'm thinking I could be more tactful this time around. I would expect they'd want somebody with some differing opinions instead of just fan-boys and yes-men, but obviously nobody likes a contrarian just for the sake of disagreement, and I don't want to come off that way at all (as that's certainly not who I am), but I was nervous and may have been a bit harsh.

I also don't have any formal education, but I've been a software developer for about 15 years now, so I hope that wouldn't be a problem, but it definitely seems to be a limiting factor there.

cumulonimbus
Apr 3, 2006
I have a question about contacting a potential employer. If this makes a difference, this position is in city-level government, entry-level and was applied to via their city-specific application system, with supplements sent via email.

My question is, is it appropriate to send an inquiry about the position? I know that they are "hiring" through Feb 25th, but I got this email November 25, 2013. I feel like I wouldn't have received it were I not being seriously considered. I just want to ask if they have hired a candidate or if the interview process is still ongoing.

quote:

Dear cumulonimbus

Congratulations! Your name has been placed on the list of qualified candidates for the above position.

This list of qualified candidates will be used to hire for this title until February 25, 2014.

A hiring department representative will contact you directly if you are selected for an interview.

NOTE:
It is up to you to let us know of any changes to your personal contact information. These changes must be in writing to the Human Resources Department.

Thank you,
Some HR Dude

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Bisty Q. posted:

I promise they are this simple.

Put in $1 - it will be obvious you just answered something to make the form go. I have yet to encounter any company that actually uses the form values as cutoffs, they just want to have it in there so they can negotiate from an advantageous position later. If it gets to the point where you're talking about money, you can mention why you didn't put the 'real' value in (because it's an internship).

That's what I ended up doing. Thanks.

Bisty Q.
Jul 22, 2008

cumulonimbus posted:

I have a question about contacting a potential employer. If this makes a difference, this position is in city-level government, entry-level and was applied to via their city-specific application system, with supplements sent via email.

My question is, is it appropriate to send an inquiry about the position? I know that they are "hiring" through Feb 25th, but I got this email November 25, 2013. I feel like I wouldn't have received it were I not being seriously considered. I just want to ask if they have hired a candidate or if the interview process is still ongoing.

You can ask, but I wouldn't expect a response. They likely filled the position shortly after certifying the list of eligibles, but it's worth a shot to get 'closure' on the status.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Hi - here's my CV, could someone critique it for me please?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2ksnzMeamFcd1pwSkJVOHZTN1k/edit?usp=sharing

I work in cancer research in the UK health service and am applying for jobs in the pharmaceutical industry as either a study manager or in medical science liaison. Transferring from a clinical unit straight across is slightly tricky, they prefer you to work your way up in industry, so I need to make sure the CV is as good as possible.

My issues are, firstly, that I don't really know what to do about the army bit. I'm in our reserve forces and did a stint in Afghanistan, and I'm doubtful this will be looked on favourably, more as if I am liable to disappear for a year without warning. I was technically still employed by the hospital throughout, but I just need to minimise its impact.

Secondly, it won't print properly! I made it in Indesign using a template I bought, I printed a copy at work and the text came out very low quality - it had lots of tiny white dots in it as if it was printing as graphics, or trying to reproduce grey. The text is set to 100% black. I have no experience with this :-/

Eternal Hobo
Nov 7, 2008
A question regarding cover letters. One resource I read said that you should close out the letter by saying that you should mention that you will be following up by contacting their office to discuss the position and your qualifications. Is this something that should be done? To me it seems like you're trying to force yourself on them but could that extra push make a difference in their minds?

Bisty Q.
Jul 22, 2008

Eternal Hobo posted:

A question regarding cover letters. One resource I read said that you should close out the letter by saying that you should mention that you will be following up by contacting their office to discuss the position and your qualifications. Is this something that should be done? To me it seems like you're trying to force yourself on them but could that extra push make a difference in their minds?

The OP posted:

Retail/Call Centers (god help you) -- this is the only case where you have permission to physically show up there or to call and harrass people about your application. Both of these types of jobs get so many people in the door that unless you're on the top of their stack, you aren't getting considered. Also, neither of these types of jobs almost ever need resumes.

generally speaking, this includes things like putting it on your cover letter. Unless you are applying for a sales job at Glengarry Glenn Ross, do not do the pushy "I'll call you to talk about when you can interview me" bullshit, because it's the fastest way for me to shitcan your resume.

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

I need to politely say "hey how much does this job pay before I waste my time coming out for an interview". This is for a position that I'm perfectly qualified for, I'm under no pressure to move because I like my current position, but there's an anonymous local job posting for a similar position that pays WAY below market wages, and I need to figure out if it's for this job or not.

The posting says the usual "salary based on experience blah blah".

Do I just throw out a "Hey thanks for the interview offer, that sounds great, can you please let me know the salary range for the position before we move forward?" or is that way too gauche? I could also consider going with "just to be clear, my salary expectations for this position would be [$X + lots], can you confirm that this is what you had in mind?"

wasey
Apr 6, 2009
I need help. I need to cut some lines from this resume to get it to fit on one page. I could play with formatting, however I think my resume is weak and needs work. If anybody has suggestions I would love to hear them. Thanks!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0v7gyG-8tGDVXZXclpUdXdmc2s/edit?usp=sharing

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I've seen it asked and then I asked myself - could I/we get an example of a Summary of Qualifications.

I don't know if the silence is because it's already been posted somewhere. Anyways, I found this online and it's quite good. This seemed to be exactly what we were looking for:

Summary of Qualifications (Replacing the Objective) is 3-5 concise sentences and is the first section listed on a resume. It is a summary of your most pertinent experience and qualifications that is customized for the position in which you are applying. This is also a place where attributes, such as punctuality and honesty, can be conveyed that would otherwise not be appropriate under work experience. Use the job description to help identify the areas of expertise, distinction, traits and related experiences you have without using the words “I” or “My”.

How to Write
Brainstorm about the skills and attributes that you possess. These skills need to pertain to the type of job you are trying to obtain. It might be helpful to reference the job description. Start writing down skills such as "Proficient in Microsoft Office applications," "Punctual," "Created employee handbooks," "Ranked No. 1 salesperson in past two positions," etc. Write down as many as you can and then narrow the list later. It can also be helpful to brainstorm with someone who knows you in the working world, because they might be able to suggest traits that you were not aware of.

Review your list. You might be able to combine multiple items to create one thorough bullet point. For example, list items such as “Punctual,” “Proficient in AutoCAD,” “Completes projects under budget” and “goal-oriented” could be combined to read “Punctual AutoCAD professional with a track record for finishing projects on time and under budget.”

Compare your list to your work experience. Does your list help summarize your work? Does your list summarize the skills for the job you want to obtain? If not, work on creating a more accurate list. If your list includes "Ability to read people" and you have held jobs that do not require customer service, adjust your skill to read "Ability to work well with a team by understanding the needs of my peers."

Narrow your list to three to five bullet points that most accurately and effectively summarize your work experience. These bullet points are the first list on your resume and can be the only area a recruiter may read; make sure that these bullet points reflect how you want to be summarized as a potential candidate. Keep in mind that a resume is never complete, and new work experiences or a new career direction affect the content of your summary of qualifications.

Example #1

Three years experience working in the_______ (fill in the blank) industry
Competent at managing responsibilities in a high-volume atmosphere
Skilled at interacting with customers of all socioeconomic backgrounds
Hard worker, quick learner, and ability to assume responsibility

Example #2

Work well under pressure as part of a team
Well-groomed appearance
Polite, respectful, and courteous manners
Responsible, efficient, and flexible
Ability to work in a fast-paced, intense environment smoothly
Ability to elicit confidence and build rapport
Talented in problem solving and office system design

Example #3

Quick learner, eager to further my _____(fill in the blank) knowledge and skills
Meticulous worker; attentive to quality and detail
Able and willing to assist co-workers, supervisors, and clients in a cooperative manner
Committed to providing total quality work
Dependable employee with common sense and a variety of skills
Work well under pressure to meet deadlines

Example #4

Ability to balance books and handle finances in a responsible manner
Expert knowledge of computer software packages
Work cooperatively with a wide range of personalities
Proven ability to gain customer’s confidence and trust
Relates easily with all levels of co-workers and customers
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Collaborate easily with co-workers and work well independently

Example #5

Possess excellent communication and inter-personal skills
Perform effectively despite sudden deadlines and changing priorities
Proven ability to identify, analyze, and solve problems
Highly reliable self starter; can be counted on to complete assignments
Proven competence in working with others in a team effort

Example #6

Worked both as a crew member and independently
Get along well with employers and coworkers
Experienced in customer relations
Self-motivated; able to learn on own initiative
Excellent record of dependability and reliability
Versatile and multi-skilled person

Example #7

Competent and reliable professional, committed to top quality work
Versatile and multi-skilled person
Resourceful in solving problems and maximizing resources
Enthusiastic, dependable, self-motivated
Skilled in handling the public with diplomacy and professionalism
Excellent hand and eye coordination and a safe work record
Demonstrated ability to adapt to new equipment & technology

Example #8

Strong skills in organizing workflow, ideas, materials, people
Hired, trained and supervised work crews
In-depth knowledge of ______(fill in the blank)
Proficient in the use of computers
Sensitive, caring and professional attitude toward staff, patients, and their families
Responsible, dependable, punctual; take pride in work
Skilled at working with people with diverse backgrounds
Excellent leadership skills and training

http://crc.sterlingcollege.edu/career-gear-for-your-career-expedition/resumes-cover-letters-curriculum-vitae/summary-of-qualifications

Obviously if you're a professional these above examples are quite flakey, but they give you an idea of how to distill your experience into bullets.

StarSiren
Feb 15, 2005

Wade in the water, Children, Wade in the water
I had a phone interview today and the interviewer asked me to name my last 5 bosses and how each one would rank me on a scale of 1-10 and why. I've never been asked this before (in the ridiculous amount of interviews that I've now done) and I'm curious why this question might be asked, especially during a phone interview. Thoughts?

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Sounds like a new and wacky way to determine how you react to being hosed with.

angus725
Jan 5, 2014

2nd year Computer Engineering student here.

Trying to find a software or computer related summer intern, was wondering if anyone has any advice on my resume.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8U7Ugn184kzVmlTUWtpZUtYMTA/edit?usp=sharing

Unfortunately I don't have any relevant work experience. Replaced the section with Projects instead.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.
Remove your objective statement, add your GPA.

angus725
Jan 5, 2014

Xandu posted:

Remove your objective statement, add your GPA.

If I'm not applying for a position, but handing it to some connections in management, should the objective stay?

Vilkata
Jun 22, 2004

I recently left a job I was at for six months as a senior accountant to take a new position with a small start up as their accounting manager (I was referred to them by a former colleague who had been doing some business consulting). During my first week, the owner had me spend my entire time calling vendors he had been giving the run around on where the payments for work they did months prior was and continue to give them the run around while trying to prevent them from filing liens for said work. After growing disgusted with this practice, I pushed back on the dishonesty and there was major conflict. I decided that instead of continuing to stay in a position where I felt my ethics were being compromised, I told the owner I didn't think this was going to be a good fit and resigned.

Obviously I'm not going to put this place on my resume, but now I have my work experience showing that I left my last job suddenly after six months and my job before that I was at for almost 5 years.

My question is, what's the best way to handle this topic in interviews? I don't want to come off as negative about a former (brief) employer, but I'm not sure what's the best way to polish this to limit the damage this is going to do to my marketability.

Thanks in advance goons for any advice.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

angus725 posted:

If I'm not applying for a position, but handing it to some connections in management, should the objective stay?

No. The Objective is implied. A resume is a tool to get a job. No need to tell them your objective is to get a job.

Knockknees
Dec 21, 2004

sprung out fully formed
I got connected to a high-up person who is passing along my resume to a lot of great people. But, she wants me to remove my summary of qualifications and replace it with an objective. :(

Since I have to write an objective, what is a good resource to write a good one?

GreenCard78
Apr 25, 2005

It's all in the game, yo.

Knockknees posted:

I got connected to a high-up person who is passing along my resume to a lot of great people. But, she wants me to remove my summary of qualifications and replace it with an objective. :(

Since I have to write an objective, what is a good resource to write a good one?

Change the title and leave the content?

Knockknees
Dec 21, 2004

sprung out fully formed

GreenCard78 posted:

Change the title and leave the content?

So just take "A Project manager with five years experience and skills in [skills]" and add "I am seeking a position where I can utilize my experience as..." in front? Is that really it?

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

knox_harrington posted:

Hi - here's my CV, could someone critique it for me please?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2ksnzMeamFcd1pwSkJVOHZTN1k/edit?usp=sharing

I work in cancer research in the UK health service and am applying for jobs in the pharmaceutical industry as either a study manager or in medical science liaison. Transferring from a clinical unit straight across is slightly tricky, they prefer you to work your way up in industry, so I need to make sure the CV is as good as possible.

This didn't get any love since I stuck it up a few days back, could somebody possibly have a look over it? Thanks :)

vv That's good to hear. Thanks

knox_harrington fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Jan 17, 2014

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.
Pretty fancy looking. I think you can remove the Personal Details and References section, move the bit on clearances into another section (if you think it's relevant for the jobs you want). Honestly it's pretty impressive resume, so I wouldn't change much.

Bisty Q.
Jul 22, 2008

knox_harrington posted:

This didn't get any love since I stuck it up a few days back, could somebody possibly have a look over it? Thanks :)

vv That's good to hear. Thanks

This is completely fine, though I would still remove the references line and I think your initial summary reads a bit conversationally for my taste. Still, neither of those are dealbreakers and I think you'd be fine with it as is.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
Did you use a program to make that resume? I really like the look of it.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

It's a template for Adobe Indesign I paid a few $$ for, I got it here and changed it around a little bit:
http://graphicriver.net/item/simple-resume-indesign-template/129233

I've then been using the 30 day trial version of Indesign to amend it, which clearly isn't a long-term solution. I have friends who have licenses so I'll be able to make more changes in future, but basically all the good CV designs I found used Indesign templates. It's actually an amazing program.

Understood about the personal details and references bits, they're pretty redundant.

lampey
Mar 27, 2012

I don't expect anyone to respond to emails over the weekend, but would there be any reason to wait until monday morning to send them instead of immediately?

Xeom
Mar 16, 2007
Wanted a quick check on something I put on my resume. I had done some undergraduate research at my community college synthesizing certain compounds. The PhD I worked under was hoping that these compounds would have some kind of medical application. He told me he was working with several other people at different colleges(UM,FIU) and that he would probably do in vitro testing of the compounds made. If things went well there he would then do in vivo testing. In my resume could I say that I was creating compounds for medical research? If not what should I say?

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

lampey posted:

I don't expect anyone to respond to emails over the weekend, but would there be any reason to wait until monday morning to send them instead of immediately?
I try to place things where they're most likely to be read. Since most HR departments at larger companies tend to use Microsoft Outlook, and Outlook groups messages by date received, I'll often send things very early in the morning (midnight-ish) on Monday to make sure they're among the first things on the screen.

I can't tell you if this is actually effective or not. :shobon:

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Still not bites yet, but I did meet a recruiter* last week who, unfortunately, did not have any positions for me. However, he did give me a lot of helpful advice, some of which I want some second opinions on...

First, he told me my resume needed to be expanded and that it should have ten years of experience as a general rule-of-thumb. This is pretty valuable advice for someone with a decent work history, but I don't really have one. My background is in the life sciences (environmental science/biology and ecology) and I want an industry job related to that. However, I only had two positions that are at all relevant to that field. Everything else is retail, food service, and groundskeeping. The recruiter said it should go there regardless of how it relates to work history. His rationale was that employers want to see that you have experience working with a team or the general public, no matter if it's just a four-month cashier job at MacDonald's or something. In addition to the above, work history should be listed in reverse chronological order, right? In that case, my history would look like this:
  • Industry-relevant position.
  • Kichen guy at a fast food chain.
  • Stock guy at a retail chain.
  • Industry-relevant position.
I really don't want my industry-relevant work history broken up like that. Would it be okay to meet halfway and have "Industry experience" and "Previous work experience" sections? Including anything not really relevant to your field is kind of going against the grain of everything I learned about resume construction...

Second, he suggested that I make a portfolio. Again, this is pretty good advice for some people, but I'm not exactly sure what I can show off. I wrote an M.Sc. thesis (no publications yet) and have two teaching certificates. All three of these items are detailed in the resume anyway. What on earth else can possibly go in a portfolio for a biologist or environmental scientist who literally just finished schooling?

Third, his most valuable advice was recommending I look around to schedule informative interviews. Apparently some corporations/organizations sometimes love to sit with someone and have a chat about what they do and the work environments they provide, and it at least allows them to attach a face and personality to a resume. I'm extremely interested in utilizing this strategy, but he didn't exactly elaborate on how I set one up or how the interviews are generally done.

So, job goons, what do you think? Should I keep on trucking with my current resume (single page with industry experience) or flesh it out a little more and include it with a portfolio like mentioned above? It will expand the resume to two pages, which is fine because two pages is pretty much standard in Canada. Any input or experiences to share with regards to the informative interviews? I had my resume professionally constructed by Resumes to Interviews. I can't remember if this was explicitly said or not, but during our correspondence it was sort of implied that non field-related work or qualifications (e.g. the teaching certificates) are irrelevant and should not be included, so I'm kind of conflicted on how to utilize the advice.

* For what it's worth, this guy is the father of one of my gradschool labmates. So there's some networking done with this meeting, at least...

Mak0rz fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jan 19, 2014

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Mak0rz posted:

Second, he suggested that I make a portfolio. Again, this is pretty good advice for some people, but I'm not exactly sure what I can show off. I wrote an M.Sc. thesis (no publications yet) and have two teaching certificates. All three of these items are detailed in the resume anyway. What on earth else can possibly go in a portfolio for a biologist or environmental scientist who literally just finished schooling?

...what the gently caress?

Portfolios are for people in creative or design positions, you don't need one. And your food service experience doesn't belong on a resume for a biology position.

Do you actually have ten years of experience?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Yeah, I thought so. I had a similar (but a bit more diplomatic) response to the portfolio suggestion.

It is possible that I'm misinterpreting his suggestions about the previous work experience. This guy does work for a hiring agency, after all. He probably meant that I should send a resume with all that info to him if I want to pursue his service when I get desperate for employment.

I've only had my first job ten years ago, let alone have ten years of industry work experience.

angst emotion
Mar 14, 2007
whut iz truf?
Hi all. Hoping for some feedback on my resume.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YljEUSAeg2qT-Kw1MgM8tTUJm6RGFxMiRPvKebTMjjE/edit?usp=sharing

I just recently moved from Atlanta to Seattle with a buddy of mine, and I'm looking to get a job doing data analysis for one of the hundreds of tech companies up here. The problem is, I graduated a year ago and spent too long working at the restaurant instead of doing mathematical work, which is why I'm playing up my coursework in this version.

In addition, any tips for networking and/or actually finding jobs would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

GreenCard78
Apr 25, 2005

It's all in the game, yo.

angst emotion posted:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YljEUSAeg2qT-Kw1MgM8tTUJm6RGFxMiRPvKebTMjjE/edit?usp=sharing

I just recently moved from Atlanta to Seattle with a buddy of mine, and I'm looking to get a job doing data analysis for one of the hundreds of tech companies up here. The problem is, I graduated a year ago and spent too long working at the restaurant instead of doing mathematical work, which is why I'm playing up my coursework in this version.

In addition, any tips for networking and/or actually finding jobs would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

You should play up what you did in school because that doesn't look like it.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

angst emotion posted:

I think you need to think about what information the reader wants to get out of your CV. It would be good to have a summary line of some sort saying what experience you have, and what you are aiming to do. I have split my experience into one section that's directly relevant to the positions I'm applying to, and one that's really transferable skills.

If you redo your design - smaller and better font, nicer layout - you will be able to fit more in, and you can change it to it highlights your achievements, rather than simply your responsibilities.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

What do I do if the application form has no spot for a cover letter? Do I just exclude it, or include it as a first/second page of my resume?

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

Bread Set Jettison posted:

What do I do if the application form has no spot for a cover letter? Do I just exclude it, or include it as a first/second page of my resume?

I hate those. I don't know what you're supposed to do, but for what it's worth, I've gotten an interview off such an application where I did not include a cover letter.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Thufir posted:

I hate those. I don't know what you're supposed to do, but for what it's worth, I've gotten an interview off such an application where I did not include a cover letter.

This was my assumption too.

90% of the job articles say you don't need to if theres no space for one, excluding about.com but their website also says I should always include an objective and other very suspect advice sooooo I might just submit without a cover letter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bisty Q.
Jul 22, 2008

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Either. If you feel extremely strongly about your cover letter's strength, include it at the beginning of your resume, but otherwise I'd just skip it.