Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

Are you joking

It wouldn't be more entertaining if he died more because he was being stupid on purpose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009

rudds posted:

Note I wasn't talking about just me or even Giant Bomb, but anyone who plays games on the Internet. It's hard to find a video or stream anywhere without somebody yelling about it.

Like that guy earlier said, its just like watching sports. Everyone is an expert after the fact. Everyone knows what you should have done after its already happened. Of course they know what you should have done, they already know the outcome. :v:

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Hakkesshu posted:

It wouldn't be more entertaining if he died more because he was being stupid on purpose.

Yeah you kind of left out the entire point of that sentence when you bolded it, Cosmonaut.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

I think it would be really cool if the player character in Gone Home was a burglar invading the home and just rifling through a bunch of ppls personal poo poo.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

Hakkesshu posted:

What if I find brad dying amusing, what then????

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

Then you will reaaaallly enjoy the real deaths.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

Then you're going to be disappointed, because Volgarr probably hit the apex of Brad's theoretical DPM limit. It's not going to be beaten anytime soon, unless he's going to go back and try to go through the entirety of Super Meat Boy :getin:

Edit: (which would actually be great, because unlike other Breaking Brad games, SMB is all about muscle memory and perfecting a specific route. There is little room for experimentation or alternate strategies, so it's perfect for Brad.)

Hakkesshu fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Jan 16, 2014

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

Watch literally any quick looks with a fail state that he plays. Serves em up, plenty.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Everything but the actual playfield in this Dr Luigi looks like poo poo. Why is Luigi waving his arm like that/why do the 3D viruses look nothing like the 2D ones playfield/why is one pink.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
I would have enjoyed brad going for the red knight. He's a step above the blue knight but not impossible or anything and 1-1 doesn't really have much enemy variety beyond that. Half the video was the tutorial so it was going to be a slow start anyway.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

It would have been great if he'd managed to trick the red eye knight into rolling off the bridge, but otherwise he'd probably have just died or else found the end of his movement area and abused it. No big loss, really.

I don't find Brad or any of the others sucking at a game annoying, but I do find it a little grating how Brad'll bring up an excuse every time it happens. I get it, performance anxiety/talking and playing is hard/you haven't played this game in a long time or much at all, who cares. Not enough to stop a video or anything, but still.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

I dunno what you guys are talking about I think it was fine. He played like you are supposed to play a Souls game. Slow and steady. Maybe he was being a little bit too slow and steady like sitting there debating about attacking the chains for too long when he should just make a choice but it's not like he was running head long at Doran and dying instantly for an hour while making excuses the whole time.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Hakkesshu posted:

Then you're going to be disappointed, because Volgarr probably hit the apex of Brad's theoretical DPM limit. It's not going to be beaten anytime soon,

Volgarr down in sector 1 alpha.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

rudds posted:

Those posts weren't even unreasonable, I just wanted to point out in this case there was sort of a reason we were (admittedly) playing like garbage.

I do often wonder about the psychology of raging against other people playing video games, though. What mental itch does it scratch? Is it a desire to feel superior about something? Indignation that others would watch less than perfect play? I don't give a poo poo how people play games when I watch them so it genuinely baffles me why others get so disturbingly worked up about it. Someone should commission a study.

I'm paying you $50 a year to play video games for me, the least you could do is be good at it.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
Hello Brad as a noted person who has made fun of you for being bad at video games let me assure you that you played Demon's Souls just fine yesterday and anyone complaining is a big doof

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

IRQ posted:

Volgarr down in sector 1 alpha.

gently caress, I forgot about that. Yeah, Brad has probably peaked.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Vinny is doing an unforgivable thing to Brad when playing any game like Demon's Souls - planting seeds of doubt in the mind. The sad horrible truth of the matter is once he run pasts that bridge and down a flight of stairs he'd complete the level. But Vinny is tempting him with a horde of riches.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

Blightown is just poorly designed. There's a few other just plain bad areas in Dark Souls (who thought invisible platforms were a good idea?).

Invisible platforms are the best.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Whizbang posted:

I'm paying you $50 a year to play video games for me, the least you could do is be good at it.

We need GiantBombStats to update so that I know whether or not I'm getting enough headshots per dollar to justify my subscription.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Jimbot posted:

Vinny is doing an unforgivable thing to Brad when playing any game like Demon's Souls - planting seeds of doubt in the mind. The sad horrible truth of the matter is once he run pasts that bridge and down a flight of stairs he'd complete the level. But Vinny is tempting him with a horde of riches.
Becoming the Dark Lord really turned Vinny into a jerk.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Pyrovile posted:

Becoming the Dark Lord really turned Vinny into a jerk.

It was really just osmosis from Rorie and Ian guiding him down that path.

ankle
Oct 30, 2010

I think we'll all have our fill of Brad deaths once he gets past 1-1, no need to be worried.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Daily dota's on. Brad just had the opportunity to pick Meepo and yet did not pick Meepo. Clearly he has some sort of personal problems, and was perhaps the victim of child abuse.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

NmareBfly posted:

Daily dota's on. Brad just had the opportunity to pick Meepo and yet did not pick Meepo. Clearly he has some sort of personal problems, and was perhaps the victim of child abuse.

Why be more specific than you need to? I believe playing DOTA is a recognized condition in the DSMV.

YorexTheMad
Apr 16, 2007
OBAMA IS A FALSE MESSIAH

ABANDON ALL HOPE

Veev posted:

I would have enjoyed brad going for the red knight. He's a step above the blue knight but not impossible or anything and 1-1 doesn't really have much enemy variety beyond that. Half the video was the tutorial so it was going to be a slow start anyway.

Spoiler alert: 1-1 is still very much the tutorial area of Demon's Souls.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Looks like there's going to be a new category of videos: "Unfinished"

Basically: they're making room for preview-style content, since they've tended to avoid Quick Looking the same game multiple times (even if the first QL was of a really early version)

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

flatluigi posted:

Looks like there's going to be a new category of videos: "Unfinished"

Basically: they're making room for preview-style content, since they've tended to avoid Quick Looking the same game multiple times (even if the first QL was of a really early version)

That's pretty neat. Makes sense too, there's effectively nothing coming out for the next 2 months that would fall into their normal coverage so this is a good time to try new things.

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf

RoadCrewWorker posted:

guys Brad is playing this game WRONG by not loving dying enough, because stupid "trial and error" suicides are the only way to play this game correctly like i want him to

You have to be kidding me

I never said he played it wrong, He might've played it well by all accounts, just not in anyway entertaining. The best moments were when he dared to do something besides stand around like walk up the stairs to the boulder, otherwise it was running from an enemy to switch to his wand, or 20 minutes running between the dragons and the bridge.

By the time he made his choice he could've made a choice, died, came back and tried the other. I'd rather he do that than deliberate to himself about which one for 20 minutes

edit: or those loving chains, just do it or don't, but don't wander back and forth going "should I? are you lying? maybe I should? maybe you aren't?"

Blister fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Jan 17, 2014

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Makes complete sense once you get to the part where Drew talks about them covering that stuff in UPF anyway. Not terribly excited for it though. But if it frees up UPF for some dumb stuff like the better TNTs that would be cool.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

IRQ posted:

Makes complete sense once you get to the part where Drew talks about them covering that stuff in UPF anyway. Not terribly excited for it though. But if it frees up UPF for some dumb stuff like the better TNTs that would be cool.

It sounds like a good opportunity for a lot of goofy and/or broken poo poo, so I am pretty hype about it.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I'm more concerned about the guys sending emails back and forth to each other when they all sit in the same room.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
The secret about the Giant Bomb story is that they all hate each other and cannot bear each others presence when off the camera.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!

Another Person posted:

Yeah, Brad is playing the game properly. I don't think we need Brad to run in like a headless chicken for this to be entertaining. We already have Vinny playing devil's advocate - I feel that will be enough.

I think it will be more painful to watch him bang his head against an encounter because he doesn't pick his fights.

The only exception to this was the dragon stuff. At some point you just gotta run up to the dragon and see what happens. Which he did eventually but it took a lot longer than it needed to while he hemmed and hawed about it.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Overbite posted:

I'm more concerned about the guys sending emails back and forth to each other when they all sit in the same room.

I think Drew is over with the engineers.

It also could have been after hours or something.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!

Overbite posted:

This happens all the time in offices? It's often better to just send an email or IM that the person can read when/if they're not busy rather than being like "hey are you busy? I'll ask later then" all the time. And if you've got a bunch of details it's easier to list them in an email rather than verbally. And of course sending an email to everyone is quicker than telling everyone. Lots of reasons for it really.

Futuresight fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Jan 17, 2014

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

http://www.twitch.tv/patrickklepek Patrick Souls is just about to start.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

It's funny that they're almost all getting way into Souls games and Spelunky far far too late to make the correct GOTY decisions.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
Edit: Misread that. Ignore. Derp.

Flubby fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Jan 17, 2014

Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

It doesn't matter now, come on get happy

MoonwalkInvincible posted:

It's funny that they're almost all getting way into Souls games and Spelunky far far too late to make the correct GOTY decisions.

Yeah, but they are getting into them just in time to be good that those kind of games when Dark Souls 2 comes out...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Dark Souls 2 will never get GOTY from them.

edit: Not complaining, before anyone whinges.

• Locked thread