Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

Stains don't have words. That's clearly deliberate vandalism. Thanks, conservative pundits and cartoonists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rebochan
Feb 2, 2006

Take my evolution

Using a vacuum cleaner on dried ink would be pretty stupid too.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I was trying to give Berge the benefit of the doubt. Oh well :smith:

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

Rorus Raz posted:

So was I. I really wanted to go to his blog and read "people need to understand that GRS is plastic surgery just like nose jobs, used to bring someone's body in line with how they want to be seen, and only the shallowest of people will think ill of it". I was really hoping that would be what I found there.

Instead, :smith::hf::smith:

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Full racial integration means that black and white both lose, A Bad Cartoon.

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

AATREK CURES KIDS posted:

Full racial integration means that black and white both lose, A Bad Cartoon.

Alternatively, full racial integration means that black loses because white goes first. Still A Bad Cartoon.

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.

Segregation is essential to maintaining the proper order of society. A Bad Cartoon.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

LaughMyselfTo posted:

Alternatively, full racial integration means that black loses because white goes first. Still A Bad Cartoon.

Also, both sides are going to start out in check and will have to take the first turn using their king to kill the queen next to it. Damned if I know what happens after that.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Isn't integration really just segregation with much higher entropy? Makes u think...

Sieje
Jun 29, 2004

My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes.

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Also, both sides are going to start out in check and will have to take the first turn using their king to kill the queen next to it. Damned if I know what happens after that.

Kings are both in checkmate. Can't take out the Queen without being put in check with two pawns. Maybe a subtle commentary about MLKs infidelity and where he's being threatened by his queen, but if he got rid of her, there would be two others ready to pounce or maybe it's a bad cartoon and a worse chess game....

Jakcson
Sep 15, 2013

Doc Hawkins posted:

Isn't integration really just segregation with much higher entropy? Makes u think...

I thought integration involved eliminating the concept of race by forcing everyone to breed with each other until there were no longer any races left.

As long as there are different races, there will always be racists. The final solution to the racism problem should involve the extinction of all races. And everything that makes us unique.

:haw:

Jakcson fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Jan 17, 2014

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Sieje posted:

Kings are both in checkmate. Can't take out the Queen without being put in check with two pawns. Maybe a subtle commentary about MLKs infidelity and where he's being threatened by his queen, but if he got rid of her, there would be two others ready to pounce or maybe it's a bad cartoon and a worse chess game....

Pawns can't capture backwards.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

majormonotone posted:

The opposite color pawns would be capturing forwards.

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Right, so integration leads to spousal abuse.

STILL a bad cartoon. Is there no good way to interpret this?

onecooldana
Jan 29, 2006

BLAH BLAH BLAH
BLAH BLAH BLAH
SEND 'EM A MESSAGE
BLAH BLAH BLAH

Zinkraptor posted:

Right, so integration leads to spousal abuse.

STILL a bad cartoon. Is there no good way to interpret this?

Life is not a game, the rules of life are incompatible with the adversarial and ultimately trivial pursuits such as chess. MLK reminded us to work together.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

It's really hard to like this one. Berge frames it (on his blog) as Couric asking Carrera once, being told that the question was off-limits, and moving on completely, with Cox mentioning something about it when she came out. The reality is that she started off asking Carrera, Carrera pointed out how insensitive the question was, moving on, then pressing the issue when Cox came out. He really does seem to be bordering on "if you don't want people asking about your genitalia, don't come out as trans". He also glosses over the fact that Couric referred to her guests as "transgenders", talked about their transitions while introducing them, and even said "she was born a man and that's why she's on our show" about Carrera.

EDIT: Totally forgot - holy gently caress he actually used "having my junk cut off" as a synonym for GRS. What a shitlord.

The joke is that she should treat her like any other stupid puff piece female celeb interview though?

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Does anyone have that one cartoon made in the aftermath of a school shooting and reposted after Sandy Hook that was a board game, circling back around to the beginning with every new shooting?

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

majormonotone posted:

Backwards is pretty relative in this chess setup and in the Political Cartoons thread.

White goes first and is in checkmate, assuming the kings start on their own sides. White always loses to black. A Historically Inaccurate Cartoon.

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

FaradayCage posted:

Backwards is pretty relative in this chess setup and in the Political Cartoons thread.

White goes first and is in checkmate, assuming the kings start on their own sides. White always loses to black. A Historically Inaccurate Cartoon.

Strictly speaking there are no rules for actually capturing a king though, as long as they ended their turn out of check they would be fine

Rebochan
Feb 2, 2006

Take my evolution

...does the woman in the bottom panel have boobs coming out of her neck?

Oh...oh my god...he just combined every lazy news headline into one strip. And had nothing to say about it!

Get back here, Kissinger!

God drat if I'm not tired of the stereotypical millennial depiction by now.

Deja vu.

So I understand there's a scandal with a head of state in France, I'm just wondering what the Stig has to do with it.

ESIT: Removed duplicate toon.

Rebochan fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jan 17, 2014

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Rebochan posted:

...does the woman in the bottom panel have boobs coming out of her

A Latuff Cartoon (ALC)

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Rebochan posted:

So I understand there's a scandal with a head of state in France, I'm just wondering what the Stig has to do with it.

Not so much a scandal with the French president because no one here actually seems to care but it seems he's been caught having an affair with an actress. He would arrive at her hotel on a motorcycle driven by his bodyguard in the lamest looking attempt at being incognito. Still kinda weird to me how no French person I've spoken to gives to shits about the affair where were I back at home we wouldn't hear the end of it.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

I really hate Ramirez.

Flaskraven
Nov 20, 2012

I hope you get crushed to death by a fat guy trying to commit suicide by falling out of a window and when the paramedics answer the local bystander asking if you'll live, he just says "fat chance" and laughs.

You're literally so poor that Zed (army veteran) has to work hard labour and you still find time to home-school your kids?

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

hahahahaha oh my stars and garters :cawg:

"The American university system is so bad. What are we gonna do?" "I know, let's buy an ebook and do it ourselves. That's the same as being a professor, right? Genius!"

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

Rebochan posted:

Everything old is good and everything new is bad. An Archaeology Cartoon.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Rebochan posted:

Huh?

quote:

Get back here, Kissinger!

And suddenly, I'm reminded that Kissinger is still alive. :smith:

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Chris Christie fired a bunch of people who got outed, as did Richard Nixon, so I guess Nixon showed immense leadership during Watergate?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Not so much a scandal with the French president because no one here actually seems to care but it seems he's been caught having an affair with an actress. He would arrive at her hotel on a motorcycle driven by his bodyguard in the lamest looking attempt at being incognito. Still kinda weird to me how no French person I've spoken to gives to shits about the affair where were I back at home we wouldn't hear the end of it.

The PM's partner(unmarried long-time girlfriend) has also been hospitalized since the scandal came out, which is complicating the narrative. The initial wave of stories consisted of "French people don't care about politicians' infidelities", but there's been a second wave of "this time, it looks like they do care" stories. I personally have no idea what's going on over there, aside from continuing to be perplexed that these guys can't keep their pants on.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Unless Christie is stepping down from his office, it is disingenuous as gently caress to say you want Obama to do "what Christie did." You'd be howling for his blood if Obama fired a bunch if people but stayed in office.

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

Well, it's over. But damned if we didn't fight 'til the end. :911:

I'll get to work translating the OP to Persian so we'll be in compliance with the new regulations.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

ANY MINUTE NOW!!!

Jesus tapdancing Christ, if the Iranians ever actually do develop a nuclear warhead, Ramirez is going to cream his pants so loving hard that the very concept of pants will be eradicated from the universe.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Imagine if an American Politician did half the shenanigans that Berlusconi pulled off. He'd be forced to be chemically castrated at least (maybe rightfully so considering the whole underage prostitute thing).

Thomas13206
Jun 18, 2013
I miss skull-donkeys...

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Michael Ramirez is mad as hell and not going to take it anymore! "It" being the notion of reaching an agreement with a nation of nearly 80 million people instead of bombing the poo poo out of them.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Rorus Raz posted:

Say what you will about Barry, at least he's never tricked anyone into thinking he has any redeeming qualities whatsoever.

inkblot
Feb 22, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

colonel_korn posted:

Michael Ramirez is mad as hell and not going to take it anymore! "It" being the notion of reaching an agreement with a nation of nearly 80 million people instead of bombing the poo poo out of them.

If Obama actually did bomb the poo poo out of Iran, Ramirez would be first in line to make "What a bloodthirsty, warmongering, savage throwing OUR TROOPS' LIVES AWAY!!!" cartoons. I think the only cartoonist who might actually respond positively would be Kirschen because his hatred of Muslims would override his hatred of Obama. (Aw, who am I kidding he'd just make more "Free Pollard!" cartoons.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

inkblot posted:

If Obama actually did bomb the poo poo out of Iran, Ramirez would be first in line to make "What a bloodthirsty, warmongering, savage throwing OUR TROOPS' LIVES AWAY!!!" cartoons. I think the only cartoonist who might actually respond positively would be Kirschen because his hatred of Muslims would override his hatred of Obama. (Aw, who am I kidding he'd just make more "Free Pollard!" cartoons.)

Barack Obama
Has freed the world from the savage Iranians
Now the only question is
When will he free Jonathan Pollard?

• Locked thread