Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

That basilisk attack in the tower is such hilarious crap. Aside from the one area, the game never gives you any need to defend against those things, and whoops here's some more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleep of Bronze
Feb 9, 2013

If I could only somewhere find Aias, master of the warcry, then we could go forth and again ignite our battle-lust, even in the face of the gods themselves.
And under Candlekeep and in Baldur's Gate and ...

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Nuclear War posted:

I just got out of Firkraags dungeon, and now Dorn is complaining we haven't gone to do his thing at the temple yet. However if I click the dialogue option that takes me there, he gets stuck trying to talk to me over and over. I've seen this asked before here, or something similar, but I can't remember what the solution is?

When I got this problem with Keldorn I was in the wrong zone for the script to complete (his dialogue would only trigger properly in government district). Try going back to somewhere in Athkatla first maybe? I haven't done his quest yet myself.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

bathroom sounds posted:

Tales of the Sword Coast Talk: It took a few hours and a few thousand gold in potions, but I finally killed Aec'Letec. I like how the aftermath reads like the devs got sick of working on Sword Coast and just ended it. No rewards or reputation bump, and the "Hey we won" convo with the dwarf is maybe one line.

I now have a party of Level 7s twinked out in Durlag's Tower gear and about 60k gold after pissing money away on potions and an archmage robe for Neera, and I'm only just entering Baldur's Gate. I wish I paid closer attention to the utility of potions before going through Durlag, though, since the place is filled to the brim with them. I had been steamrolling through everything up to the end of Durlag and then Aec'Letec, so I stopped picking up potions. That and I lost a party member to a basilisk and inventory space was at a premium.

I never got to finish Tales as a lad, when BG1 was on 18 CD's or whatever it was, due to a crash I was never able to fix and just did the whole of it recently. I liked that whole cult plotline and the fight was a good challenge without being infuriating, but the dénouement really did feel anticlimactic when all you do is talk to dagger-dwarf and he's sort of "Well, yeah, that's what I thought. Ciao"

I had evil mages the whole trip through BG (Edwin, then Baeloth) and I had to wait to get the proper Robe until the end of Ch 4 off of Davaeorn, but it was free! Saved me a lot of dosh.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.
It's not even like basilisks are hard to defend against, either, as long as you know that they're there. Load up your tank with protection from petrification, send them in first, and go to town. It's just one of the ways to dick players who haven't read an FAQ over.

Mman
Nov 11, 2007

JustJeff88 posted:

I never got to finish Tales as a lad, when BG1 was on 18 CD's or whatever it was, due to a crash I was never able to fix and just did the whole of it recently. I liked that whole cult plotline and the fight was a good challenge without being infuriating, but the dénouement really did feel anticlimactic when all you do is talk to dagger-dwarf and he's sort of "Well, yeah, that's what I thought. Ciao"

When you finished TOSC in the original Baldurs Gate there was some "end of chapter" text that seems to be missing in Enhanced Edition (unless I somehow triggered a bug). It didn't add that much but that's one reason why ending TOSC in BG1EE feels so "off" as it is.

Wingless
Mar 3, 2009

Captain Oblivious posted:

I didn't notice much in the way of forced burns with Hexxat, but I agree her storyline was pretty weak at best.

I thought the only particularly well done plot was Dorn's, really. Dorn may sass you now and then but that's just because he's kind of an rear end in a top hat, it's expected with him.

I have no problem with characters giving me sass, it is more the fact that I'm occasionally forced to say something I don't want because I have three options, all of which are variations of "Duuuur, I stupid" and then get punished for sounding stupid. I wasn't keeping track of it as it happened so I can't give specific examples, but there were definitely several occasions where I found myself thinking "I don't want to say any of these things". Overall I think the new content is good and it's nice to have a fresh breeze that let's me replay BG2 again, I'm just picking out a couple of bits that annoyed me. I did like Hexxat's storyline, but it did feel a little tacked on.

One thing that I think was utterly moronic: The way Hexxat was introduced, I thought she was going to be the worst voice acted character in the history of anything and I ran a mile. It was a clever little thing they did, but I almost ignored the character altogether because I thought it was just going to be a low-budget, amateur add-on. If I got to see the real character at the start I'd have jumped with joy at what a unique party member she was.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Besides, it's not like characters making fun of you is some new EE exclusive thing. Korgan would call you a wee prickmedaisy idiot any time you did something remotely heroic. Aside from killing the slavers, he's all for that.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Wingless posted:

One thing that I think was utterly moronic: The way Hexxat was introduced, I thought she was going to be the worst voice acted character in the history of anything and I ran a mile. It was a clever little thing they did, but I almost ignored the character altogether because I thought it was just going to be a low-budget, amateur add-on. If I got to see the real character at the start I'd have jumped with joy at what a unique party member she was.

I don't know man, I think both the VA and the text made it pretty clear that something weird was going on and it was pretty unlikely that the new NCP was just dumb and perma hungover.

gdsfjkl
Feb 28, 2011

Wingless posted:

I have no problem with characters giving me sass, it is more the fact that I'm occasionally forced to say something I don't want because I have three options, all of which are variations of "Duuuur, I stupid" and then get punished for sounding stupid. I wasn't keeping track of it as it happened so I can't give specific examples, but there were definitely several occasions where I found myself thinking "I don't want to say any of these things".
Yeah, this is a big problem with the EE writing that I really don't think is present in the original game's content. At least not anywhere near to the same degree.

One example that springs to mind is during Rasaad's SoA quest, when you're trying to find out where the temple is by listening to a person holding a recruitment speech. After every single line in the speech you have to either sarcastically shout "YEAH THIS IS SO GOOD WOW I LOVE IT PREACH IT WOW" or make a "funny" quip about how you're going to kill the person holding the speech and then attack. Rasaad is understandably pretty miffed when you don't take his quest seriously but there's no option to do so.

Wingless
Mar 3, 2009

Exactly ^^^

bunnielab posted:

I don't know man, I think both the VA and the text made it pretty clear that something weird was going on and it was pretty unlikely that the new NCP was just dumb and perma hungover.

Sure, something weird is going on. The voice actress also sounds horrible, whether she's going to keep putting on her hungover voice or not. There's no reason to assume they're going to swap out an entirely different VA.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Cantorsdust posted:

It's not even like basilisks are hard to defend against, either, as long as you know that they're there. Load up your tank with protection from petrification, send them in first, and go to town. It's just one of the ways to dick players who haven't read an FAQ over.

This is my big gripe with the BG games compared to Icewind Dale 2. I played IWD2 as recently as 2 years ago, unmodded and unpatched, and it was challenging in a fun way. I just bought the BGEE games and they are loving infuriating. In IWD2 hostile spellcasters do not come with chain-contingency defensive spells (protection from missiles, protection from weapons, stoneskin, blur, mirror image, shield, spellwards) upon the start of every fight (which is especially infuriating when your party doesnt even have casters that can cast spells of Contingency, Maze, or Imprisonment's level). Additionally, around every corner there is some monster/creature/hostile that has an at-hit -without a saving throw- level draining, disease causing, or ability score draining ability. IWD2 finds an awesome balance of making you figure out what the threat is (the spellcasters, ranged weapons, or melee fighters) and dealing with it. Usually without dealing with permanent dibilitating effects from special enemies. And if you chose wrong and/or get unlucky? You will not have levels drained or 3 dead characters; you may be out a bunch of potions or all of your healing spells, but the game doesnt gently caress you. I had to post in this thread repeatedly to get advice on how to cope with some of the more advanced things that BG2EE throws at you because spell descriptions did not clue me in that there are easy/simple ways of dealing with chain protection spells. But even if I Breach the chain-protected guys? Then Simelicrum and Shadow Door fire off automatically and you have to stab the simelicrum and wait for Shadow Door to wear off (because them being partially invisible makes them immune to targeting spells). You never have to deal with that bullcrap in IWD2. I never had to read FAQ or do research to enjoy and be successful at IWD2 but BG2EE has been a loving nightmare of reloading a dozen times or spending half an hour reading spell descriptions trying to figure out what I need to cast to deal with some stupid mage.

Holy poo poo that turned into a rant :stare:.

Speaking of Icewind, I assume there were patches and bugfixes for it, does anyone know where I could find a proper/official one of those? Going to play it again once I finish grinding through ToB.

rakovsky maybe
Nov 4, 2008

DeathChicken posted:

Besides, it's not like characters making fun of you is some new EE exclusive thing. Korgan would call you a wee prickmedaisy idiot any time you did something remotely heroic. Aside from killing the slavers, he's all for that.

Dude you have no idea how to read. The problem is that in the enhanced editions Charname is only able to give stupid responses. No one cares if the NPCs are catty but if the game intentionally sets Charname up for wicked sick burns then thats pretty lame.

amanasleep
May 21, 2008

Mickey McKey posted:

This is my big gripe with the BG games compared to Icewind Dale 2. I played IWD2 as recently as 2 years ago, unmodded and unpatched, and it was challenging in a fun way. I just bought the BGEE games and they are loving infuriating. In IWD2 hostile spellcasters do not come with chain-contingency defensive spells (protection from missiles, protection from weapons, stoneskin, blur, mirror image, shield, spellwards) upon the start of every fight (which is especially infuriating when your party doesnt even have casters that can cast spells of Contingency, Maze, or Imprisonment's level). Additionally, around every corner there is some monster/creature/hostile that has an at-hit -without a saving throw- level draining, disease causing, or ability score draining ability. IWD2 finds an awesome balance of making you figure out what the threat is (the spellcasters, ranged weapons, or melee fighters) and dealing with it. Usually without dealing with permanent dibilitating effects from special enemies. And if you chose wrong and/or get unlucky? You will not have levels drained or 3 dead characters; you may be out a bunch of potions or all of your healing spells, but the game doesnt gently caress you. I had to post in this thread repeatedly to get advice on how to cope with some of the more advanced things that BG2EE throws at you because spell descriptions did not clue me in that there are easy/simple ways of dealing with chain protection spells. But even if I Breach the chain-protected guys? Then Simelicrum and Shadow Door fire off automatically and you have to stab the simelicrum and wait for Shadow Door to wear off (because them being partially invisible makes them immune to targeting spells). You never have to deal with that bullcrap in IWD2. I never had to read FAQ or do research to enjoy and be successful at IWD2 but BG2EE has been a loving nightmare of reloading a dozen times or spending half an hour reading spell descriptions trying to figure out what I need to cast to deal with some stupid mage.

Holy poo poo that turned into a rant :stare:.

Speaking of Icewind, I assume there were patches and bugfixes for it, does anyone know where I could find a proper/official one of those? Going to play it again once I finish grinding through ToB.

In vanilla BG2EE the only spells you need to deal with enemy wizards are Breach and True Sight.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

rakovsky maybe posted:

Dude you have no idea how to read. The problem is that in the enhanced editions Charname is only able to give stupid responses. No one cares if the NPCs are catty but if the game intentionally sets Charname up for wicked sick burns then thats pretty lame.

"I frequently find myself forced to choose the lesser of three evils when given conversation options, and invariably provide the NPC the opportunity to say something condescending about how stupid/naive/ignorant I am. Forced failure in a game is pretty terrible under most circumstances, but setting the player up for wicked burns from his companions is pretty stupid. Moreso with Hexxat and Dorn than Rassad."

The argument was actually both, that the PC is forced to be a moron and then the new NPCs call him on it. To which I pointed out that Hexxat doesn't. You can't read.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Anyway, I kind of agree with the earlier point that Hexxat's quest was a wasted opportunity. They could have sent you to any number of neat places, and then they just kind of send you three identical tombs. At least Rasaad's quest has the possible humor of sending Charname to go through the initiation of joining a wacky cult. I kind of thought it would be like the Unseeing Eye thing where trying to go that route has the cult go "No way, I was on to you a long time ago! Get him!"

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Les soldats se trouvent dans la vérité.

Mickey McKey posted:

Personally I preferred the combat the Icewind Dale games as well. In IWD2 for example Wizard spells are really good (Disintegrate, Finger of Death, Horrid Wilting and Wail of the Banshee with the appropriate feats and a maxed-out Intelligence can take out even bosses) but wizards don't dominate the game like in BG2.

I'm currently playing through IWD2 with Team Lawful Neutral Planetouched, which includes a Tiefling Rogue, an Aasimar Fighter, an Aasimar Cleric of Ilmater and a Tiefling Diviner. It's a classic party setup but it works very well.

As for patches, Interplay is long dead, but the following site claims to have them for both IWD1 and IWD2. If you have HoW, be sure to install the Trials of Luremaster expansion/patch.

DeathChicken posted:

The argument was actually both, that the PC is forced to be a moron and then the new NPCs call him on it. To which I pointed out that Hexxat doesn't. You can't read.
If I recall correctly, the first conversation with Neera in her quest area in BG1 is a bit like that. Your options are to either insult her or to give her a response that lets call you an idiot.

By the way, doesn't trying to seriously join the Unseeing Eye cult result in the PC having his eyes gouged out and dying in the process?

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
Are there any HD resolution mods for Icewind Dale I or II, or do I have to wait for the enhanced editions?
I can't stand seeing the image stretched across my screen.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
Can someone evaluate my party in IWD2 before i start pretty please? I never played it and the first post says you can make a party that cannot win. Also dual/multi classing is all messed up and I have no idea what i'm doing.

Current: Barb / Fighter /Wizard /Druid / Rogue

Mostly evil and orc, drow, half breed scum - the first chat told me to get back on the boat.

e: Thanks goon sir

a whole buncha crows fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Jan 16, 2014

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Nation posted:

Can someone evaluate my party in IWD2 before i start pretty please?
Seems fine to me; you've got all the basics covered. Only thing I'd note is that Good/Neutral clerics have the convenience of being able to convert all their spells into cure spells, while Druids have to prepare healing spells. That's not really a problem though.

I'd advise you not to multiclass; there's no real need for it. It will only hurt your primary casters, your Rogue will fall behind in his skills if he takes warrior levels and Barbarians and Fighters don't need anything else to act as tanks. Also note that if you multiclass and classes are more than a level apart you start getting XP penalties (unless one of the two classes is your race's favored class).

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
Is there a lich in the first Baldur's Gate?

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Nation posted:

Can someone evaluate my party in IWD2 before i start pretty please? I never played it and the first post says you can make a party that cannot win. Also dual/multi classing is all messed up and I have no idea what i'm doing.

Current: Barb / Fighter /Wizard /Druid / Rogue

Mostly evil and orc, drow, half breed scum - the first chat told me to get back on the boat.

e: Thanks goon sir

Firstly, I'd grab a fun cleric like Talos (tons of lightning nukes if you don't mind an evil in your group) or Lathander (good alignment and tons of bonus heals/fire nukes) - being able to spontaneously heal is really handy and druids can't do that. Also, I'd swap the rogue for a bard... you can't really get away without one in BG1&2 and IWD1, but you can comfortably do without in IWD2 and bards have great songs, extra spells (wizard buffs/charms/illusions & a few cleric heals), and decent fighting capabilities while still having access to rogue skills and getting a generous number of skill points.

I'd also only go to level 4 with your fighter for weapon specialisation and then go paladin foreverafter, but I don't much care for pure melee classes, so I'm biased. Previous poster is right - what you have there is a good, balanced party, and IWD2 isn't the type of game that requires a perfect build of everything in order to survive. You just need a reasonable, well-rounded party, which you indeed have.

Grab a cleric for your 6th, though, unless you really want to rest constantly.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

bathroom sounds posted:

Is there a lich in the first Baldur's Gate?

Yes, an incredibly dangerous one. You'll find him north of Beregost's temple. Be warned, if you don't give in to his demands his wrath is appalling.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Yeah I found that killing 99% of the spell-caster enemies in IWD2 with a bog standard level 1 chromatic orb was super interesting and a vast improvement over BG2.

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Yeah I found that killing 99% of the spell-caster enemies in IWD2 with a bog standard level 1 chromatic orb was super interesting and a vast improvement over BG2.
And in BG2 you can kill 99% of enemy spellcasters by having an Inquisitor drop a dispel magic on them, followed by rest of the party beating them into chunks within seconds.

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
Speaking of IWD2, in the middle of my HoF run (pretty interesting New Game+ mode,) I was doing the trials to be an honorary monk or w/e (essentially cheesing a bunch of solo challenges with a high level spellcaster,) and for some reason the game freaked out and gave all my other characters 30 levels and a bunch of points in all of their stats. At some point, I'm going to edit them back to normal with DaleKeeper, but it's still pretty weird suddenly seeing dudes with over 1k health and like 25+ in every stat.

What would cause something like that to happen? I didn't notice it until after I was done with a couple of the trials, so I'm not exactly sure when it triggered, but it just seems so weird and rather arbitrary, I don't really know what to make of it still.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

PurplieNurplie posted:

Speaking of IWD2, in the middle of my HoF run (pretty interesting New Game+ mode,) I was doing the trials to be an honorary monk or w/e (essentially cheesing a bunch of solo challenges with a high level spellcaster,) and for some reason the game freaked out and gave all my other characters 30 levels and a bunch of points in all of their stats. At some point, I'm going to edit them back to normal with DaleKeeper, but it's still pretty weird suddenly seeing dudes with over 1k health and like 25+ in every stat.

What would cause something like that to happen? I didn't notice it until after I was done with a couple of the trials, so I'm not exactly sure when it triggered, but it just seems so weird and rather arbitrary, I don't really know what to make of it still.

Given my experience with HoF, I'd say that that boost would just about give you a fighting chance. I found it to be very much the unfun kind of "OMGHARD", and I don't know if I will ever try it again. Loved the base game, though.

I didn't know about it for my previous runs, but there is a mod for IWD2 that makes heavy armour also reduce incoming damage rather than just grant Armour Class. It was conceived to make low-dex types in plate mail worth a poo poo, because otherwise that game is biased heavily towards characters with very high dexterity and very light armour with the goal being the highest AC (3rd edition means high AC is best) possible. For all practical purposes, AC in D&D games is essentially dodge chance but every enemy in HoF has an incredibly high attack bonus and basically never misses unless there's a magical effect or they roll a 1, so AC doesn't mean very much. Since nearly every attack is going to hit, I fancy that damage deflection/absorption might make a huge difference.

Vizrt
Oct 1, 2009

Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brotha', I hurt people.
I'm putting together my party to play through IWD, and I want to dual a fighter into a druid. I know that I need 15 in the primary stat for fighter (strength) and 17 in the primary stat for druid, but I can't find any solid information on druid primary stat.

The only thing I've come across is an old thread with information stating:

- You need 17 in charisma and wisdom
- No, you only need 17 in either stat
- No, you need 15 wisdom and 17 charisma

So, if anyone knows for certain the requirements to dual fighter to druid it would be appreciated. Thanks.

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012
Pretty sure it's 17/17 Wisdom/Charisma for Fighter -> Druid.

Dragonrah
Aug 22, 2003

J.C. Bearington, III
So, I've decided I want t try taking a solo F/M/T all the way through the BGEE's on my iPad. How much hair pulling can I expect or is it even worthwhile on normal. I've never tried to solo it before. Are there any tips and tricks to be had? The only thing I can think of for some quick experience is to rush save the guy that turned into a chicken.

My plan is to use a sword and shield in the early game while switching to a sling. I'm also not sure what weapon proficiencies I want to pick as I'm not entirely sure what my loot progress will be like. I know that'll I'll have to abuse the wands/potions/scrolls.

I guess I'm just hoping that someone will have some good advice to give.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Don't bother with slings, just roll an elf and use a longbow. I don't know anything about the loot in BGEE, but Longbows and Longswords should be a solid weapon combo. And of course, weapons like Spider's Bane have utility use as well.

Vizrt
Oct 1, 2009

Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brotha', I hurt people.

NihilVerumNisiMors posted:

Pretty sure it's 17/17 Wisdom/Charisma for Fighter -> Druid.

Thanks. It looks like I'll just go with double 17s then to be safe.

I've settled on the following party for Icewind Dale. I think it looks fairly balanced, but if I'm overlooking something, feel free to let me know.

Dwarven Fighter
Human Cleric - dual from Fighter at 3
Elven Bard
Human Druid - dual from Fighter at 3
Human Wizard - dual from Fighter at 2
Elven Fighter/Thief multi

I have a few questions before I create the characters though.
Will anything horrible happen if I mix good and evil alignments within the party?

Should I dual my cleric or druid at a later Fighter level? I figured I would use the level 2 and 3 duals for the extra hp and weapon pip, but I'm not sure how much I'll actually be using the characters in melee since this is my first time through the game. I think 6 and 9 are the next good breakpoints for dual?

How are monks? I was considering messing around with one. I'm not sure I want to make room, but I'm curious about them.

verybad
Apr 23, 2010

Now with 100% less DoTA crotchshots
Oh god the SCS bandit camp is disgusting. My "tank with Xan" tactic did not work as well as intended, as even one attack getting through mirror images had a decent chance of killing him on the spot. I really should've gotten level 5 on him, then I could've used Vampiric Touch to boost his HP and he wouldnt've been affected by sleep, either (I'm beginning to suspect that the elven sleep resistance was never implemented in these games...)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

verybad posted:

Oh god the SCS bandit camp is disgusting. My "tank with Xan" tactic did not work as well as intended, as even one attack getting through mirror images had a decent chance of killing him on the spot. I really should've gotten level 5 on him, then I could've used Vampiric Touch to boost his HP and he wouldnt've been affected by sleep, either (I'm beginning to suspect that the elven sleep resistance was never implemented in these games...)
It wasn't, but I think either the fix pack or the tweak pack fixes it.

verybad
Apr 23, 2010

Now with 100% less DoTA crotchshots
Those fixes are supposed to be included in BG:EE, right? My party's elves and half-elves are suspiciously sleepy.

Draile
May 6, 2004

forlorn llama
BG2EE is now out for the iPad. I haven't figured out how to import a BGEE character yet.

Dragonrah
Aug 22, 2003

J.C. Bearington, III

Draile posted:

BG2EE is now out for the iPad. I haven't figured out how to import a BGEE character yet.

Export from the character screen and it should then let you import into BGEE2.

Draile
May 6, 2004

forlorn llama

Dragonrah posted:

Export from the character screen and it should then let you import into BGEE2.

That is it. You have to do a fresh export, i.e. characters you have already exported won't carry over to BG2. If you need to move over an already exported character, start a new game with that character and then export it again.

Semi-mental
Feb 5, 2007
You must be a couple of pansies

Draile posted:

That is it. You have to do a fresh export, i.e. characters you have already exported won't carry over to BG2. If you need to move over an already exported character, start a new game with that character and then export it again.

Alternatively if you still have your final save, you should be able to load it and pause the game before you get kicked back to the title screen. Then you can export as normal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

verybad posted:

Those fixes are supposed to be included in BG:EE, right? My party's elves and half-elves are suspiciously sleepy.

The BG2 fixpack docs say: "Elves and half-elves are supposed to have 90% and 30% resistance, respectively, to sleep and charm effects. This was not being applied."

From the BWP LP thread: Gamersgate has a mid week sale on all their D&D games, including Steam keys for the 2 BG EE games at 75% off, which is easily the cheapest I've seen BG2EE. http://se.gamersgate.com/games?prio=relevance&q=wizardsmidweek

E: Submit is not Preview

v1ld fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Jan 17, 2014