Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

comes along bort posted:

well you heard the guy. you're obligated to only play wonderful music from now on. no more steve vai for you

Honestly the Japanese love that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

HollisBrown posted:

Honestly the Japanese love that poo poo.

yeah dude i was listening to some Norther today and all i could think about was that it sounded like the music from sonic the hedgehog

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

Spanish Manlove posted:

yeah dude i was listening to some Norther today

So i just googled them and I have 1 question. Why?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I was in the mood for some scandanavian shred and I was bored of Wintersun, don't hate

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Sire Oblivion posted:

Left handed guitars are loving criminal.

This is just a dumbassed statement.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

CannedMacabre posted:

I can kind of respect Charlie Hunter's talent and what he does, but this thing just looks like needless torture. Is the adjusted physics and "deconstructionist method" (or what the gently caress ever) way he plays worth the music it produces? Can he even play a guitar with a standard setup anymore?

You have to wonder what kind of rear end in a top hat bass player broke his heart to inspire that thing?

EDIT: Who hurt you Charlie?

I like him, I like his sound. I can understand wanting both the bass and guitar to come through a Leslie cab. It's gimmicky as gently caress and he's super noodly and wanky, though. As long as no one else starts doing it and he takes some time off and never again plays with that goofy loving chromatic harmonica player, we're cool.
But yeah, what happened to make him never want a bassist? I heard he had to downgrade to a seven string.

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat

Cobalt60 posted:

White Dog Eggs: How's the custom build coming along? Anything goons can mail or contribute to help? What was the final features list and does it contain "fur?"

Godspeed.

I haven't actually started it yet, I've got it planned out on paper though, tried to take a picture but my camera is lovely, tried to input into a CAD program but I'm poo poo at CAD, so i'll get knock out a template in a few days time. It's going to be stupid.

I think the full 'features' list is something like;

No tuners on headstock, headstock has a scratchplate and a useless pot labelled "you suck"
Surf board shape with random pointy bits, tuners on the body, painted seafoam green
Too many pickups with as many knobs and pots as possible, gold hardware
That stupid loving "dogge" meme on it somewhere
Autism ribbon on the body
Bitcoin/Ron Paul on the neck

Anyone know if I'm missing anything or have any more suggestions?

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

White Dog Eggs posted:

I haven't actually started it yet, I've got it planned out on paper though, tried to take a picture but my camera is lovely, tried to input into a CAD program but I'm poo poo at CAD, so i'll get knock out a template in a few days time. It's going to be stupid.

No tuners on headstock, headstock has a scratchplate and a useless pot labelled "you suck"
Surf board shape with random pointy bits, tuners on the body, painted seafoam green

The brand name should read "Faustus".

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat

HollisBrown posted:

I shall write it on in finest tone-sharpie.

I forgot to add that I'm putting a monkeygrip and a glory-hole in it too, because why not.

Also, I maybe have possibly got a comission from this thread, so yay for new media!

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax

Spanish Manlove posted:

I was in the mood for some scandanavian shred and I was bored of Wintersun, don't hate

the solo for winter madness is all you ever need

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

White Dog Eggs posted:

I forgot to add that I'm putting a monkeygrip and a glory-hole in it too, because why not.

Also, I maybe have possibly got a comission from this thread, so yay for new media!

you need to put a world town reference in there somewhere because that ed roman story is possibly the funniest i've heard

Tempus Fugit
Jan 31, 2008

White Dog Eggs posted:

I'm pleased you haven't lost sight of the importance of tone. I cringe at the thought of doing 220bpm diminished sweep arpeggios through my line6 rig if you had chosen a regular sharpie, normal paint and finish.

Dec 26, 2012

Fair Hallion posted:

Ah, hell you're right, found a lefty Iommi SG online. Seems to be discontinued and kinda rare though. I'm positive a buddy of mine tried to order one locally and the store said "nope, don't exist" duh.

I found the pics the Japanese guitar store sent me of my order being packed. Check this out for customer service. Also check out the racks of lefty heaven in the background

every online order i make now is going to feel like its missing something because of this post

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

White Dog Eggs posted:

You gotta do it with the fender F too

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

White Dog Eggs posted:

I don't see any mention of a handle here.

Tempus Fugit
Jan 31, 2008

Clitch posted:

Wait for it...

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER

Clitch posted:

White Dog Eggs posted:

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus
gently caress!

I'm so ashamed. I'm going to go cut a monkey grip into my strat, and flagellate myself with a set of old strings.

mclast
Nov 12, 2008

catchphrase over
Autism Awareness ribbon should be lovingly inlaid between the 5th and 9th fret lol

White Dog Eggs posted:

:hf:

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

All the pots must also be switches and there should be a vine of autism awareness ribbons up the fretboard.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

HollisBrown posted:

It should read Dr. Faustus. I approve of the backwards Fender "F."

The rest is hit-or-miss, but then again, so are all of you.

I want to help:

http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/seafoamgreen

http://www.homedepot.com/p/BEHR-Premium-Plus-Ultra-8-oz-470A-2-Seafoam-Pearl-Interior-Exterior-Paint-Sample-470A-2U/202182385

VV Or what, ?

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Jan 17, 2014

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

^GTFO^

Sire Oblivion posted:

Left handed guitars are loving criminal.

as are left handed people, but that's for another thread

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

Whoa, links to cans of paint. Man, genius!

KING OF THE THREAD

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Dr. Faustus posted:

It should read Dr. Faustus. I approve of the backwards Fender "F."

The rest is hit-or-miss, but then again, so are all of you.

I want to help:

http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/seafoamgreen

http://www.homedepot.com/p/BEHR-Premium-Plus-Ultra-8-oz-470A-2-Seafoam-Pearl-Interior-Exterior-Paint-Sample-470A-2U/202182385

VV Or what, ?

KING OF THE THREAD

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

bunky posted:

^GTFO^

as are left handed people, but that's for another thread

So what is the origin of your AV? Just curious since Dr. Retard keeps loving posting it for some reason

mclast
Nov 12, 2008

catchphrase over
abe reference? it's a bananahat

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

I Might Be Adam posted:

Whoa, links to cans of paint. Man, genius!

KING OF THE THREAD

I'm only trying to help!

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

drunk asian neighbor posted:

So what is the origin of your AV? Just curious since Dr. Retard keeps loving posting it for some reason

it's freddie mercury. i had no idea until a goon bud pointed it out to me. i just found it online at some point and adopted it but faustaus seems to think i give a poo poo.

e: youtube with a time stamp: http://youtu.be/rNBWf54RvsI?t=1m55s

bunky fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Jan 17, 2014

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

Dr. Faustus posted:

I'm only trying to help!

KING OF THE THREAD

mclast
Nov 12, 2008

catchphrase over
faustus seems to think that something you chose for yourself, or maybe riled someone else up enough to give you, is a sick burn

meanwhile his selfmade beetlejuice img and selfpurchased beetlejuice av is gonna go down as the saddest thing i've seen on this forum

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Mods; please change his name to "Dr. Autist". thanks in advance

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

bunky posted:

it's freddie mercury. i had no idea until a goon bud pointed it out to me. i just found it online at some point and adopted it but faustaus seems to think i give a poo poo.
If you think it's a good representation of the way you wish to present yourself to the SA GBS then that's your choice.
I like Freddie Mercury because I like the band, "Queen," and I think his vocals and artistry are amazing.
But you (and others) love to hate on me for Vai and that's ok.

Personally, I'd rather celebrate Mercury; and love on many guitars; but this thread is about hate and putting people down, because it's a hate thread first and foremost.

Bunky.

I'm really pleased with my purchases and I love all my guitars. So you can be part of the hate, and you can be proud of it. In the meantime I just love my instruments, and what you and the rest of you means nothing to me.

When you look at the actual fans of guitars, they're popular (to say the least).

I hope this helps, but I lost hope for persuading any of you long ago.

mclast
Nov 12, 2008

catchphrase over

Salt Fish posted:

Mods; please change his name to "Dr. Autist". thanks in advance

Faustus good people can have ugly guitars but you are not one of them

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Dr. Faustus posted:

If you think it's a good representation of the way you wish to present yourself to the SA GBS then that's your choice.
I like Freddie Mercury because I like the band, "Queen," and I think his vocals and artistry are amazing.

Personally, I'd rather celebrate Mercury; and love on many guitars; but this thread is about hate and putting people down, because it's a hate thread first and foremost.

Bunky.

I'm really pleased with my purchases and I love all my guitars. So you can be part of the hate, and you can be proud of it. In the meantime I just love my instruments, and what you and the rest of you means nothing to me.

When you look at the actual fans of guitars, they're popular (to say the least).

GTFO

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Dr. Faustus posted:

I like Freddie Mercury because I like the band, "Queen,"

mods new thread title TIA

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Dr. Faustus posted:

Bunky.

KING OF THE THREAD

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass
yo gibson qa aside does the thread deem the 2014 les paul melody maker good or poo poo?

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

drunk asian neighbor posted:

mods new thread title TIA

why did he put queen in quotes

mclast
Nov 12, 2008

catchphrase over

Fax Sr posted:

yo gibson qa aside does the thread deem the 2014 les paul melody maker good or poo poo?

8/10 needs more knobs for that perfect score

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass
that poly finish is loving nasty

• Locked thread