Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib

Croatoan posted:

Hey what's the irc website link that mediaphage set up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Thanks man!

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YEdHjGMeho

:stare:

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I think he might need a better baking robot too

paraquat
Nov 25, 2006

Burp

I'm sure his condition is listed somewherein the DSM-5

That said, I must say I'm slighly disappointed that he had to mix the dough manually.
But well, he still earns a shiny cookie monster badge!

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
not gonna lie that's kind of awesome

also kind of pointless

hope that dude is retired because lol effort

edit : alright this guy is officially awesome https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atVSxvbiPg0

mindphlux fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Jan 17, 2014

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

New ICSA up

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3603012

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

is dry hominy supposed to take for freakin ever to cook? Soaked overnight, been cooking for 3 hours now, still hasn't "popped"

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.

GrAviTy84 posted:

is dry hominy supposed to take for freakin ever to cook? Soaked overnight, been cooking for 3 hours now, still hasn't "popped"
Why didn't you pressure cook it? It takes hours. :gonk:

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

dino. posted:

Why didn't you pressure cook it? It takes hours. :gonk:

I soaked it for 12 hours, boiled it for 4, and pressure cooked for 45 minutes and it was JUST tender. ugh.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

The fact he overcooked them all to death kind of negates the whole thing

NosmoKing
Nov 12, 2004

I have a rifle and a frying pan and I know how to use them
I got all internet stalker on an ex girlfriend.

Just so you youngsters know, the end of the relationship was further in the past than some of you have existed (1990).

I was flipping through some old photo albums and saw a picture of this particular person. She was someone special to me and I hadn't thought about her for decades. I thought "Hmm, wonder what she's up to these days? Well, off to :google: I go!

Some background: This woman was (when I knew her) an an agnostic bordering on atheist, a feminist in the best sense of the word, a sensualist who enjoyed all manner of pleasures, and an intensely sexual and adventurous in bed person. She managed a restaurant after dropping out of college due to lack of funds. She drank but not to sloppy excess, smoked a periodic bit of pot, and had a crunchy Lilith fair "connected to the earth and her sisters on this planet" aura. She had tattoos. Back in the late 80's that was still fairly uncommon. She had pierced nipples and a pierced clit. Even MORE uncommon in the late 80's Things happened (much based around that I was an angry distant rear end in a top hat) and the relationship ended.

The google search shows she got married. Nothing so surprising there.

Then I see the next hit is she is a Youth minister in a Pentecostal Church.

I look up the particulars on the Pentecostal sect she's part of and it somewhat surprised me.

Ever seen "Jesus Camp"? The folks who speak in tongues, believe in faith healing (not "I'll pray for you", but full on Whack-you-in-the-forehead CANCER BE GONE! stuff), think women should not be in leadership roles but rather as helpers and taking care of the kids and family (and can't be ordained, should be submissive, etc.)and all that jazz?

Yep, that's it.

Something big must have happened in the last 20 years to have so significantly altered her trajectory and I can't help wondering what it was.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

NosmoKing posted:

Something big must have happened in the last 20 years to have so significantly altered her trajectory and I can't help wondering what it was.

Jesus happened.

NosmoKing
Nov 12, 2004

GrAviTy84 posted:

Jesus happened.

Holy Jesus!

You must be right!

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

NosmoKing posted:

Reckon you done hosed her up good.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

NosmoKing posted:

Then I see the next hit is she is a Youth minister in a Pentecostal Church.

I was raised agnostic/secular, with no religion, so it was loving weird when my sister got married and started going to church. She is real into it, too: volunteered to bake the corpse crackers every week, rings bells for the choir. At least she is a Lutheran, though, they are mild and mostly reasonable.

A brother of a friend of mine, though... he is in a Christian Fundie sect so small that they have no church, only a handful of other yahoos on the internet. They don't just speak in tongues, they literally get high on Jesus. They have a small ceramic baby Jesus figure that they hold up to their lips and "puff" on, as it were a big fat joint. Then they start laughing manically, rolling around on the ground and babbling. It's a sight.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Squashy Nipples posted:

I was raised agnostic/secular, with no religion, so it was loving weird when my sister got married and started going to church. She is real into it, too: volunteered to bake the corpse crackers every week, rings bells for the choir. At least she is a Lutheran, though, they are mild and mostly reasonable.

A brother of a friend of mine, though... he is in a Christian Fundie sect so small that they have no church, only a handful of other yahoos on the internet. They don't just speak in tongues, they literally get high on Jesus. They have a small ceramic baby Jesus figure that they hold up to their lips and "puff" on, as it were a big fat joint. Then they start laughing manically, rolling around on the ground and babbling. It's a sight.

Holy poo poo. Tell more.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
Oh dear god that sounds terrifying. I'm assuming that the high comes from when you breathe too hard, and your brain gets floaty.

AllTerrineVehicle
Jan 8, 2010

I'm great at boats!

dino. posted:

Oh dear god that sounds terrifying. I'm assuming that the high comes from when you breathe too hard, and your brain gets floaty.

Psychosomatic responses combined with herd mentality will gently caress you up real good.

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Fallen Rib

GrAviTy84 posted:

Jesus happened.

Nah. He happened over 2000 years ago, not 20. Maybe you're thinking of Jesus Jones.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

dino. posted:

Why, dino., haven't you ever been high on Jesus's love?

Clavietika
Dec 18, 2005

AllTerrineVehicle posted:

Psychosomatic responses combined with herd mentality will gently caress you up real good.
I wonder if these people get cases of "The Afters" and just immediately regret acting like a total goof.

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

Squashy Nipples posted:

Except Missouri Synod. They refused to allow one of my friends to attend a wedding because she's a Sikh. Like, they stood outside and made sure she didn't enter the church. And this was before 9/11.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

bartolimu posted:

Except Missouri Synod. They refused to allow one of my friends to attend a wedding because she's a Sikh. Like, they stood outside and made sure she didn't enter the church. And this was before 9/11.

:stare: Jeez. When I was still religious, I was WELS Lutheran, and the whispering and rumors were that the Missouri Synod were the weird "liberal" Lutherans out there and we shouldn't associate with them. I couldn't see any of the congregations I was close with doing something like that. Dang.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

He just wants someone to shake his corks, is that too much to ask??
I guess that the main advantage of belonging to a subset of humanity is that you can be pre-judicial towards any one not in your subset.

My subset agrees with everybody else though 'yeah, we don't like us too'.

Seriously though, it is good to see idiots perform tasks as the one you describe Bart, because it beautifully contrasts what we're capable off. These people deserve to be loved more than the rest, because they are what motivates us to move ahead, and not look back.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

Also..

Denne weekend Anders?

NosmoKing
Nov 12, 2004

Sjurygg posted:

Reckon you done hosed her up good.

I can't take credit. I met up with her out of the blue when I was back in my old college town about 5 years after I graduated. Seemed like her old self then.

She wanted to ride the wild Nosmo one more time, but I was engaged and had to decline politely. I don't think missing out on another spin on my dork is what pushed her over the edge.

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Fallen Rib

Happy Hat posted:

I guess that the main advantage of belonging to a subset of humanity is that you can be pre-judicial towards any one not in your subset.

My subset agrees with everybody else though 'yeah, we don't like us too'.

Seriously though, it is good to see idiots perform tasks as the one you describe Bart, because it beautifully contrasts what we're capable off. These people deserve to be loved more than the rest, because they are what motivates us to move ahead, and not look back.

Subsets of subsets get to do that, too.

SA is better than Reddit. GWS is better than [board].

AllTerrineVehicle
Jan 8, 2010

I'm great at boats!

Clavietika posted:

I wonder if these people get cases of "The Afters" and just immediately regret acting like a total goof.

If by "immediately" you mean "several years later" then yes, I can confirm this is indeed the case :smith:

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

contrapants posted:

Subsets of subsets get to do that, too.

SA is better than Reddit. GWS is better than [board].

My answer to this conundrum is to harass everybody equally.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3602473

That thread had me :kimchi: facing the whole time. IT IS SO CUTE.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/AlineaBaby

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Fallen Rib
Dear food e/n,

I'd like to thank you. Even when completely wasted, I can now make stovetop popcorn while completely wasted and watch Fear and Loathing.

I oversalted it, but I'm balancing that out with more beer.

I'd also like to thank autocorrect for making this post at least semi-coherent.

Love,
Contrapants

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Fallen Rib
I've recently discovered that there is a place near me that sells Ballast Point, so my life is perfect right now.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

therattle posted:

Holy poo poo. Tell more.

Here's a vice video about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Zj7OJjMcnM. Why can't they just do psychedelics like normal people?

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
That is the lamest poo poo I have ever seen. Like, loving furries can now hold their heads up high knowing they are not the most deluded people out there.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

bunnielab posted:

That is the lamest poo poo I have ever seen. Like, loving furries can now hold their heads up high knowing they are not the most deluded people out there.

I love the ICP instrumental they have playing in the background. subtle. well played vice, as always.

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

Heads up for future N/ICSA hosts:

To minimize lag between competitions, I've made a new rule stating that the next chairman has two weeks to post their N/ICSA (or get in touch with me) after voting for the last N/ICSA closes. I'll still try and make sure everyone knows when they're next, but it's the chairman's responsibility to be ready to go within the two week timeframe. If you don't get your N/ICSA up or contact me within two weeks, you move to the back of the line. It's too confusing for everyone to try and bump hosts up and down the line. Hopefully this will result in more N/ICSAs and less confusion.

That said, we could use some volunteers for hosts! The queue for both NICSA and ICSA is very short.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg
I'm pretty much in love with AllNigerianRecipes. The food looks delicious, but I wish the host would put a bit more personality into the videos...I feel like she could be a Youtube sensation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Wroughtirony posted:

Heads up for future N/ICSA hosts:

Sorry. :(

I like the new rule though, makes sense.

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

I'm pretty much in love with AllNigerianRecipes. The food looks delicious, but I wish the host would put a bit more personality into the videos...I feel like she could be a Youtube sensation.

Oh wow, the GF is going to love that site, thanks!