Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

El Hefe posted:

Neymar will singlehandely win the World Cup just like he singlehandely won the prestigious Confederations Cup last year.

I think you'll find that was big Paulinho mate sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story
Can you get plush footballers now?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My buddy was at the football museum in Manchester this weekend heres some pictures i cribbed from him:

shark-bitch5000
Oct 26, 2010

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
i bet he loves balls on wood

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Lol Paul Trevillions art is Harry Hill levels of bad, ah there's SAF with his trademark broken jaw, come back when you get a likeness Paul jesus

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

Abu Dave posted:

My buddy was at the football museum in Manchester this weekend heres some pictures i cribbed from him:

The National Football Museum is great, if anyone gets the chance they should definitely go, some great stuff in there.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

TheGoatFeeder posted:

The National Football Museum is great, if anyone gets the chance they should definitely go, some great stuff in there.

How recently did you go? I went when it opened and I spent ages in there but was a bit disappointed that the top 2 floors were all about getting extra money out of you

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Taff posted:

How recently did you go? I went when it opened and I spent ages in there but was a bit disappointed that the top 2 floors were all about getting extra money out of you

Two floors dedicated to Arsenal FC seem a bit much.

Smarf
Mar 21, 2004

Arsehole!!!!

Taff posted:

Did you see the top floor (I think) where they had some mannequins of footballing fashion icons there? It included Sol Campbell and Lescott..

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

Taff posted:

I've been quite a lot for work and it's definitely better now than when it first opened, but i'd maybe wait until they have a specific exhibition on that interests you before you go again; pretty sure they are doing football and World War I this year with it being the 100th anniversary etc.

Last year they did fashion and football that was to be honest more interesting than I expected.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Last night Xavi played his 700th game for Barcelona.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDre_NH4qqQ

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

TheGoatFeeder posted:

I've been quite a lot for work and it's definitely better now than when it first opened, but i'd maybe wait until they have a specific exhibition on that interests you before you go again; pretty sure they are doing football and World War I this year with it being the 100th anniversary etc.

Last year they did fashion and football that was to be honest more interesting than I expected.

I thought the MEN said today they were doing something to do with FC United so was thinking about going

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

Smarf posted:

Did you see the top floor (I think) where they had some mannequins of footballing fashion icons there? It included Sol Campbell and Lescott..

My favorite part was the wall of how poo poo it is to be the England manager.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

El Hefe posted:

Amazing. I have nothing but respect for people who dedicate themselves to a club like that. Like Totti.

Edit: well, except that Totti is a racist.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
I have nothing but respect for people who are open to seeing how they fare in non-joke leagues once in a while

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

Soulex posted:

Amazing. I have nothing but respect for people who dedicate themselves to a club like that. Like Totti.

Edit: well, except that Totti is a racist.

It's much easier to want to stay when you're at a club like Barēa to be fair. Aside from a slight Chelsea wobble, it's far more impressive for players like Gerrard or yeah, Totti.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

Eboracum posted:

It's much easier to want to stay when you're at a club like Barēa to be fair. Aside from a slight Chelsea wobble, it's far more impressive for players like Gerrard or yeah, Totti.

Liverpool and Roma aren't exactly poo poo small clubs you know.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Soulex posted:

Amazing. I have nothing but respect for people who dedicate themselves to a club like that.

Which makes his move to the MLS this summer even more disappointing.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

El Hefe posted:

they didn't win 30 trophies in 6 seasons or whatever though

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

El Hefe posted:

Matt Le Tissier and Gigi Riva are the only set of these guys worth mentioning imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpaqwYGuzAU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Eboracum posted:

I'll give you that. I like the dedication. Puyol is right behind Xavi apparently. But that's another Barca player.

Chiellini just made his 300th with Juve which is nice.

Breath Ray posted:

I have nothing but respect for people who are open to seeing how they fare in non-joke leagues once in a while

So you respect Jozy?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Mourinho owns

http://instagram.com/p/jRTYKGGguE/

CaptainRightful
Jan 11, 2005

Breath Ray posted:

It seems unlikely that a top-tier player will ever again try something like Maradona's move to Napoli.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

CaptainRightful posted:

It seems unlikely that a top-tier player will ever again try something like Maradona's move to Napoli.

Messi tried his best but got caught and made to pay all the tax money back

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

Scott Bakula posted:

Messi tried his best but got caught and made to pay all the tax money back

lol

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Soulex posted:

I'll give you that. I like the dedication. Puyol is right behind Xavi apparently. But that's another Barca player.

Chiellini just made his 300th with Juve which is nice.

So you respect Jozy?

I think Jozy is dozy but I do have a soft spot for lumpen international journeymen who somehow command over £10k a week

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

El Hefe posted:

I was being facetious / mildly trolling with Liverpool but Totti and De Rossi could have gone to places like Madrid but didn't and regardless of not being at a Southampton or Chelsea that's still pretty impressive not to leave for bigger clubs.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Taff posted:

I thought the MEN said today they were doing something to do with FC United so was thinking about going

How do you do a museum exhibit about a club founded in 2005?

e: ...and they are. It's not at the Football Museum, though.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

FullLeatherJacket posted:

How do you do a museum exhibit about a club founded in 2005?

Almost the same amount of history as Chelsea FC lol

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Eboracum posted:

I was being facetious / mildly trolling with Liverpool but Totti and De Rossi could have gone to places like Madrid but didn't and regardless of not being at a Southampton or Chelsea that's still pretty impressive not to leave for bigger clubs.

Roma are a decently big club in Italy and aren't Totti and De Rossi Roman as well? One could understand staying at a boyhood club and not moving, especially if they get some success.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Roma are a decently big club in Italy and aren't Totti and De Rossi Roman as well? One could understand staying at a boyhood club and not moving, especially if they get some success.

They are both Romans but Totti is the only one of them to have won the league and that was 13 years ago. They have shown flashes of being close to repeating (like this season!) but they aren't really at the level of Juve, Inter and Milan, all of whom would have taken either of them during their careers.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Gigi Galli posted:

They are both Romans but Totti is the only one of them to have won the league and that was 13 years ago. They have shown flashes of being close to repeating (like this season!) but they aren't really at the level of Juve, Inter and Milan, all of whom would have taken either of them during their careers.

13 years ago?! I'm old man. I keep thinking it was like 5 years ago.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

I knew that Roma had won the league, I knew that they were locals and I knew that Roma aren't a small club. However, De Rossi in particular has had huge offers over the years.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Totti was and still is an absolutely amazing player, one of the best ever IMO.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
There was a time when Xavi was booed in the Camp Nou for being boring with his tikitaka and the club was considering selling him and he had a bunch of offers, hell he wasn't even a guaranteed starter under Rijkaard...

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

El Hefe posted:

That's massive, great player even at his age.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

He's always reminded me of Joey from Friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
He learned all of his moves from Patrick Kluivert

• Locked thread