Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!

The Leper Colon V posted:

Preciously Used? Preternaturally Used? Possibly Used? Poop Used?

It's a pun. It's like the pokemon that are so bad that they're never used in neverused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Deoxys-S sees pretty low usage in OU though, that OP is actually a rather old post.

I saw a lot more Deoxys-S earlier in the format's run but a lot of teams have shifted toward not using dedicated spinners and a solid defogger along with matching up against pranksters really hurts Deoxys-S. The Usage Data places him pretty low for a reason!

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Internet Kraken posted:

So what's the easiest way to get all the nonevent legendaries? I have HeartGold and White 2 and I want to catch as many of the legendaries as possible so I can finally fill out the dex. Can I get all the old legendaries with aside from the Platinum ones with just those games?

EDIT: Didn't realize this would be a double post. Woops.

Quoting since I didn't get an answer. So this isn't just an empty repost, here's more Bisharp knocking people silly;

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/xybattlespotdoubles-78440019

You CAN let him near pokemon that would otherwise destroy him if your partner can cover his Weaknesses, and M-Aerodactyl does that really well. I think I'll try running quick guard on my Bisharp since Aerodactyls main weakness is lots of priority moves, and Bisharp can cover for him.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

Agent Rush posted:

I was messing around with showdown and thought up this VGC team, but I can't think of what to put in the last two slots.

Blade (Aegislash) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield
- Flash Cannon
- Shadow Ball

Decade (Scrafty) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Shed Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Quick Guard

Faiz (Blastoise) @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 56 SAtk / 252 HP / 100 SDef / 100 Def
Modest Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse
- Scald
- Dragon Pulse

Agito (Crobat) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Cross Poison
- Haze
- Protect

I'm not really set on any of these, so any suggestions for replacements or additional pokemon are appreciated.

Just quoting for the new page, was thinking about Prankster Meowstic in the fifth slot but still have no idea what set to use or what the sixth will be.

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
A Japanese dude wondertraded me a 6IV Ditto! :japan:

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Lancelot posted:

gently caress you.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Agent Rush posted:

Just quoting for the new page, was thinking about Prankster Meowstic in the fifth slot but still have no idea what set to use or what the sixth will be.

I'm a fan of Safeguard/Swagger/Fake Out/Charm on Meowstic. Also I recommend something that can take electric attacks in the last slot, like Garchomp, Ferrothorn, or Venusaur.

vvv Safeguard + Swagger also helps fight off Intimidate!

Zoness fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Jan 17, 2014

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Agent Rush posted:

I'd say if you want to run that Scrafty set, use Mienshao instead. Scrafty is best at being bulky and difficult to remove to the healing he gets from drain punch. Your set is more inclined towards offense but is going to be hampered by Scrafty's poor speed. Mienshao can basically run that exact set, only it will be significantly faster and can cause even more damage with HJK via reckless. Mienshao's quick guards will also block pretty much any fake out, unlike Scrafty who can't block any of them. If you want to use Scrafty, the reliable drain punch set will probably serve you better.

As for additional pokemon, you probably need more bulk. Anything with access to rock slide would be good for dealing with Talonflames and Char Ys. Meowstic could cover your from burns and also jack up Crobat and Scrafties power, but you might find yourself wanting for power against intimidate teams.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Lancelot posted:

Did you actually check or was it just marked as 6IV? Last person who came in here saying he got a 6IV Ditto never replied again after people asked him to check.

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
It was Wonder Trade, so wouldn't the only way for him to find that out would be to check the IV guy? It's not like the GTS.

Inudeku
Jul 13, 2008
If it is 6iv it's hacked

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Inadequately posted:

It was Wonder Trade, so wouldn't the only way for him to find that out would be to check the IV guy? It's not like the GTS.

If you've marked a pokemon using the various symbols they are retained during trading.

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

pik_d posted:

Did you actually check or was it just marked as 6IV? Last person who came in here saying he got a 6IV Ditto never replied again after people asked him to check.
It wasn't marked with any symbols, I just wondertraded away my breeding rejects and ended up with four or five Dittos -- and one happened to be 6IV! Hope it isn't hacked, though I guess hacked mons are floating around now that some people have Bank access.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Just use it to breed to clear your conscience.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Tired Moritz posted:

Just use it to breed to clear your conscience.

Not that there's any other purpose for a 6IV Ditto. There is functionally no difference between a 6IV Imposter ditto and an HP/Speed 2IV Imposter ditto when it comes to competitive battling.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jan 17, 2014

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

Zoness posted:

Not that there's any other purpose for a 6IV Ditto. There is functionally no difference between a 6IV Imposter ditto and an HP/Speed 2IV Imposter ditto when it comes to competitive battling.

Wouldn't you want a SpA/Att 2IV Ditto for battling, since the only thing you'd be using it for is Choice Scarf revenge killing?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Militree posted:

Wouldn't you want a SpA/Att 2IV Ditto for battling, since the only thing you'd be using it for is Choice Scarf revenge killing?

Ditto copies the all the composite stats (including EV's and IV's) of whoever it turns into except HP, which makes HP the only relevant stat. Speed is just in there in case you might need to hit transform for some reason (almost never) but really in those situations you'll be better off with defenses anyway. I suppose low speed is actually better for switch-in abilities on untransformed dittos but that's such a bizarre corner case.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jan 17, 2014

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
So if ditto doesn't copy HP does that mean it can turn into a Shedninja with more than 1 HP?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Internet Kraken posted:

So if ditto doesn't copy HP does that mean it can turn into a Shedninja with more than 1 HP?

I'm not sure what the point would be, but probably.

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

Zoness posted:

Ditto copies the all the composite stats (including EV's and IV's) of whoever it turns into except HP, which makes HP the only relevant stat. Speed is just in there in case you might need to hit transform for some reason (almost never) but really in those situations you'll be better off with defenses anyway. I suppose low speed is actually better for switch-in abilities on untransformed dittos but that's such a bizarre corner case.

I would love to be wrong, but I was pretty sure Dittos do not copy any IVs? I can't find a source for this, though.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

^^^That's correct, Transform copies the non-HP stats exactly and mechanically keeps it's own IVs, EVs and Nature, though they don't have any effect outside of determining the type of Hidden Power.

Internet Kraken posted:

It can, though you're still probably not going to be able to take a super effective hit with 48/45/30 defenses.

Assuming you want to use it in battle you actually want Ditto to be as slow as possible while still having whatever Hidden Power you need and the highest defenses possible. This is because in the incredibly rare Ditto mirror match, the fastest Ditto KOs itself with Struggle recoil first.

WrightOfWay fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Jan 17, 2014

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Militree posted:

I would love to be wrong, but I was pretty sure Dittos do not copy any IVs? I can't find a source for this, though.

It copies the stats, so Ditto will have the same Attack etc. as the target, but uses Ditto's IVs for the purpose of Hidden Power's type.

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

Red Metal posted:

It copies the stats, so Ditto will have the same Attack etc. as the target, but uses Ditto's IVs for the purpose of Hidden Power's type.

This saves me a lot of time catching a Ditto for my gimmick team. Thanks, thread! Now if there is any way to get Hyper Voice on a Ralts in game...

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Internet Kraken posted:

Quoting since I didn't get an answer.

Okay, with those two games you can get, without events: (HeartGold) The three birds, Mewtwo, the three dogs, Ho-oh, Lugia, Latias and Kyogre. You can get Mew, Celebi, Latios (either Ss or Hg event), Groudon (from Ss), Rayquaza (with both Kyogre and Groudon in the same game), Jirachi and Deoxys from Hg/Ss related events released around that time (Mew and Jirachi don't do anything, they were just made available and Deoxys is technically Ranger). There's also Dialga/Palkia/Giratina, but they require Arceus and you can only get two.

(White 2): The three Regis, Latias again (Latios in B2), Heatran, Cresselia, Regigigas, the three musketeers, Reshiram and Kyurem, then Keldeo, Meloetta and Genesect from events. You miss out on Victini (B/W event), the three kami (Tornadus in B, Thundurus in W and Landorus with both) and Zekrom (only in B2).

If you get Platinum as well, you can get the remaining Gen IV legends of the three pixies, Dialga, Palkia and Giratina, Dakrai, Shaymin and Arceus.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Crosspeice posted:

Okay, with those two games you can get, without events: (HeartGold) The three birds, Mewtwo, the three dogs, Ho-oh, Lugia, Latias and Kyogre. You can get Mew, Celebi, Latios (either Ss or Hg event), Groudon (from Ss), Rayquaza (with both Kyogre and Groudon in the same game), Jirachi and Deoxys from Hg/Ss related events released around that time (Mew and Jirachi don't do anything, they were just made available and Deoxys is technically Ranger). There's also Dialga/Palkia/Giratina, but they require Arceus and you can only get two.

(White 2): The three Regis, Latias again (Latios in B2), Heatran, Cresselia, Regigigas, the three musketeers, Reshiram and Kyurem, then Keldeo, Meloetta and Genesect from events. You miss out on Victini (B/W event), the three kami (Tornadus in B, Thundurus in W and Landorus with both) and Zekrom (only in B2).

If you get Platinum as well, you can get the remaining Gen IV legends of the three pixies, Dialga, Palkia and Giratina, Dakrai, Shaymin and Arceus.

Cool, thanks. My brother has a copy of Platinum so he might be able to fill in the gaps I'm missing and if we pool our efforts together we might be able to actually get them all.

...well aside from the event ones. Not sure what the hell to do about those :geno:

EDIT: I'm just posting my Showdown team here so I can Copy+Paste it onto my laptop later today. Though I guess if any of you have something to say about this team feel free to do so.

Dino Delight (Aerodactyl) @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
Level: 50
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Sky Drop
- Dragon Claw
- Wide Guard

The Doorman (Meowstic) (M) @ Mental Herb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Impish Nature
- Quick Guard
- Charm
- Safeguard
- Swagger

The Bad Guy (Bisharp) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Quick Guard
- Protect

Mnoleg (Gastrodon) @ Zoom Lens
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Muddy Water
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Recover

Weaver (Accelgor) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- U-turn

Space Ghost (Dusknoir) @ Leftovers
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Will-O-Wisp
- Brick Break
- Protect

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jan 17, 2014

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Lefties with no Sitrus on a team is kind of weird. Also I don't think you really -need- Zoom lens on Gastrodon.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Why are arcanine and florges blacklisted?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

I assume for people who keep posting that their arcanine and florges builds are viable at some low rating level on the ladder and insist that they're viable competitively in the OU singles format.

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I'd never save you in a million years
I've never used baton passers before, really. But I'm interested in making one to go with a suction cups cradily for kicks.

Any suggestions on a good, consistent monster for baton passing a swords dance or two? I'm not sure where to start on this kind of poke.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Zoness posted:

Lefties with no Sitrus on a team is kind of weird. Also I don't think you really -need- Zoom lens on Gastrodon.

I don't NEED it but it helps. Spamming muddy water is a lot more reliable when its basically guaranteed to hit. As for lefties over sitrus, its better for protect stalling I guess?

Anyways, here's a battle video showing the hilarious consequences of choosing the wrong move with choice scarf; http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/vgc2014-78498777

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

People wouldn't shut up about them after being told repeatedly that they wouldn't be ranked.

Internet Kraken posted:

Dino Delight (Aerodactyl) @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Sky Drop
- Dragon Claw
- Wide Guard

Dragon Claw has poo poo coverage. You're probably better off with Ice Fang to actually OHKO 4/0 Garchomp and even has a 31% to OHKO 252/0 Mega Garchomp. Fire Fang is also a decent option to hit Steels, though it's too weak to do much to stuff like Mega Mawile.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

WrightOfWay posted:

Dragon Claw has poo poo coverage. You're probably better off with Ice Fang to actually OHKO 4/0 Garchomp and even has a 31% to OHKO 252/0 Mega Garchomp. Fire Fang is also a decent option to hit Steels, though it's too weak to do much to stuff like Mega Mawile.

Originally I was running fire fang but dropped it because it didn't really do that much. I hadn't considered ice fang though, and the whole reason I've been using dragon claw was because it could actually hurt stuff like garchomp. I'll try it out.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

brainSnakes posted:

I've never used baton passers before, really. But I'm interested in making one to go with a suction cups cradily for kicks.

Any suggestions on a good, consistent monster for baton passing a swords dance or two? I'm not sure where to start on this kind of poke.

I use a Scolipede holding a Focus Sash that knows Protect so I can get off at least two speed boosts and at least one Swords Dance. The general idea is to keep Swords Dancing until you're hit, Protect the next turn and then Baton Pass out. You can also use this tactic with Blaziken and Ninjask, although it doesn't work if you're up against a priority user.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Internet Kraken posted:

Originally I was running fire fang but dropped it because it didn't really do that much. I hadn't considered ice fang though, and the whole reason I've been using dragon claw was because it could actually hurt stuff like garchomp. I'll try it out.

Well if Garchomp is what you're worried about, Ice Fang would hit him even harder. You don't get stab with either so Ice Fang will serve you better.

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

Countblanc posted:

So as it turns out, Chestnaught is INSANELY physically bulky and I just never knew. It helps that Fighting is an excellent defensive type in UU right now. His biggest issue that I've encountered (other than putting him in when your opponent's Crobat or fast special attacker is still alive) is that he's super predictable - His only really valid option right now that I can see is seed stall with some attack to make him not Taunt bait. It sure makes you feel like a big dummy when you mispredict a switch three times in a match and end up leech seeding something already seeded, or subbing after getting hit to 24% because you were SO SURE they thought you were gonna spiky shield.

Try a Rocky Helmet on him. It's great.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

Crosspeice posted:

You can get the three pixies in Black and White 2, brief directions here.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

For the event-only poo poo , just grab the GTS spoofer and trade them to yourself if you're that worried about it.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

PSWII60 posted:

You can get the three pixies in Black and White 2, brief directions here.

:doh: I was relaying that from memory and completely forgot about those, meaning you only miss out on thirteen legendaries with only Hg and W2 alone, including events.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

brainSnakes posted:

I'm pretty fond of scolipede. The speed boost is crazy useful.

Lately I've been using swords dance, iron defense, megahorn and baton pass with a weakness policy, but replacing one of those abilities with protect lets you accrue speed more safely.

I would consider focus sash, swords dance, protect, substitute baton pass if you aren't concerned with being taunt bait.

Ninjask does basically the same thing but as bug/flying instead of bug/poison. Since I also use a mega pinsir, I thought it would be best not to have two bug/flying pokemon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Vegastar posted:

For the event-only poo poo , just grab the GTS spoofer and trade them to yourself if you're that worried about it.

Yeah, I got an Extreme Speed Genesect and never looked back. Fuckin Game Freak and their screwing over non-Japanese...

• Locked thread