Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

That was a good deal they made with Crowley. A lot of times it's like why the gently caress are you making a stupid rear end deal with a demon but this time I liked it... the hostage possibly can't pay off any better than being used in exchange for Sam, and hell was running fine without him. Now it'll be divided. Cool episode. Kevin seems dead dead. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Dem previews. This season has been such a blast so far.

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

Vote Crowley!

Glad Crowley is back and somewhat in control again, he really is a great character. Or maybe I just enjoy Mark Shepard as an actor more.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
This was an interesting take on the mid-season Winchester split. Sam definitely made his peace with his life last season, talking about how the trials cleansed him; it seems like had some kind of epiphany. Now I think he's casting Dean out so he'll come to his own.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

The preview for next week was a blast. This season is awesome.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Woohoo! More Tahmoh Penikett!

Dean finally coming around to seeing how toxic his influence is should give a couple of great episodes of Dean finally moving past the "I gotta save Sammy screw everything else" mentality that led to him making so many bad decisions. Have Dean/Crowley working together just promises to be great solely from the mayhem they'll cause.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
Sam and Cas? Gah, holy and holier than thou at your service!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Dean, Cas and Crowley was about as good as I expected. The Winchester split makes sense; hoping for magical things from this Dean/Crowley team up.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

hope and vaseline posted:

This means more Tahmoh Penikett right? Swoon. Although it's a shame Gadreel-Sam is gone, Padalecki seems better at playing other versions of Sam most of the time.

What's the over-under on Helo being the star of the spinoff series? I could see it being angel-based, and Gadriel is obviously conflicted over his actions, past and present, to motivate some character arc.

My current prediction is he decides to stab Metatron after concluding what a dick the guy is. Then, Gadriel's left on earth, with tons of demons and other angels who hate him, and buckets of grey morality tinged with self loathing. (Which is pretty much the recipe for Angel, ironically enough.)

Not that the vessel needs to be Tahmoh Penikett, but he's probably a solid B-lister, as Vancouver-based television actors known for science fiction go. Seems like a good get for a network so interested in abs.

That was one of my favorite Crawley moments. He makes a strong case: do you want a businessman or a warlord? Hell is probably a tough gig without a competent manager.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Finally, Cas and Crowly riding in the back seat :allears:
I usually get pissed when shows pander to their fans but that was just magical

Also Abaddon is a chump, Crowly 2014

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I really hope that Crowly's blood addiction becomes more of an issue. He's clearly felt his humanity for the first time in centuries and is willing to slurp blood off the table to get his fix, so despite his glib remarks he'll eventually want another hit.

The Dean/Crowly partner up will be great for many reasons, but mostly at some point Crowly will beg for some human blood and open up a great dialogue between them. I just want a bunch of scenes with people freaking out that the King of Hell and a Winchester have teamed up to crack heads.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

pentyne posted:

I really hope that Crowly's blood addiction becomes more of an issue. He's clearly felt his humanity for the first time in centuries and is willing to slurp blood off the table to get his fix, so despite his glib remarks he'll eventually want another hit.

The Dean/Crowly partner up will be great for many reasons, but mostly at some point Crowly will beg for some human blood and open up a great dialogue between them. I just want a bunch of scenes with people freaking out that the King of Hell and a Winchester have teamed up to crack heads.

And, if you think about it from Crowley's point of view, that could make a great weapon to idly toss around in Hell. "You know, I do have the Winchesters on speed dial."

Coulrophobia
Oct 11, 2012
That was such a great episode. Yeah, yeah, Sam and Dean angst, but holy poo poo we got some S4-esque scary-Cas happening and Crowley being a bamf. I loved the confrontation inside Sam's head, that's one of the shining moments of this season so far.

Xealot posted:

What's the over-under on Helo being the star of the spinoff series?

I'm pretty sure they said that the protagonist of the spinoff wouldn't show up until the backdoor pilot episode.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

legoman727 posted:

Yes, I know, I'm dead. I love you too.

"Laverne! Shirley! Get in here!"

Crowley was in top form :allears:

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

GreenNight posted:

The preview for next week was a blast. This season is awesome.

Was that Lassie from Psych in the preview??? First Buzz, now Lassie, come on Psych-Supernatural crossover!

Saveron_01
Dec 27, 2004

hangedman1984 posted:

Was that Lassie from Psych in the preview??? First Buzz, now Lassie, come on Psych-Supernatural crossover!

That indeed it was.

They released another small preview from next weeks episode :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XkHuwBJK9M

Can of Cloud
May 20, 2010
This was a more-to-basics-fun-episode. Definitely looking forward to Dean and Crowley working together. Mark Sheppard is my favourite. Clearly, you can root for the bad guy if it's Mark Sheppard playing the role.

CreedThoughts
Sep 24, 2007
Thanks, I've never owned a refrigerator

This episode was great. Crowley is one of my favorite characters from any show at this point, even with the whole main villain role he had last season. It's a testament to the writers and Mark Sheppard, I guess.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

I hope Cas keeps the Lincoln. :allears:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Nobody pinned this tonight? :argh:

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

McSpanky posted:

Nobody pinned this tonight? :argh:

Tonight was just an encore of Tuesday's episode and I don't think repeats get a stickied thread.

(I thought the same thing for a moment because I missed it Tuesday.)

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Kimmalah posted:

Tonight was just CW repeating Tuesday's episode and I don't think repeats get a stickied thread.

Oh, right. Don't mind me, I'm on a bunch of drugs that all have the "may cause drowsiness or disorientation" labels and occasionally forget what day (or week) it is, this isn't hideously embarrassing at all.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

McSpanky posted:

Oh, right. Don't mind me, I'm on a bunch of drugs that all have the "may cause drowsiness or disorientation" labels and occasionally forget what day (or week) it is, this isn't hideously embarrassing at all.

Well if you want to feel better, I forgot and I'm not on any disorienting medications right now. :haw: I was checking the thread while watching thinking "Why the hell isn't anyone posting about this?"

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

I actually missed it when it aired, and caught it on Hulu.

Team Crowley all the loving way. Anyone who is ingenious enough to turn hell into an ETERNAL LINE has the right idea.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

cool kids inc. posted:

I actually missed it when it aired, and caught it on Hulu.

Team Crowley all the loving way. Anyone who is ingenious enough to turn hell into an ETERNAL LINE has the right idea.

Yeah I'm looking forward to the Crowley-Dean buddy cop routine. But I can't be the only who's a little tired of the millionth "You lied to me :qq:/I can't be close to anyone because they always get huuuurt :emo: " storyline. It was tired a few seasons ago.

Also just nice to see Crowley coming back to his former glory after spending most of this season in a trunk or what amounted to a closet.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Xealot posted:

What's the over-under on Helo being the star of the spinoff series? I could see it being angel-based, and Gadriel is obviously conflicted over his actions, past and present, to motivate some character arc.

My current prediction is he decides to stab Metatron after concluding what a dick the guy is. Then, Gadriel's left on earth, with tons of demons and other angels who hate him, and buckets of grey morality tinged with self loathing. (Which is pretty much the recipe for Angel, ironically enough.)

No, it's going to be Mark Sheppard as President Crowley in The West Wing of Hell.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

Jedit posted:

No, it's going to be Mark Sheppard as President Crowley in The West Wing of Hell.

That version of hell is just briskly walking around a square hallway for all eternity with a steady cam following you.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

KilGrey posted:

That version of hell is just briskly walking around a square hallway for all eternity with a steady cam following you.

Hell's walk and talk is doing that with Ainsley Hayes and not being able to get a word in at all

Can of Cloud
May 20, 2010
I hope Crowley has an even bigger role this season.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

Fast Luck posted:

That was a good deal they made with Crowley. A lot of times it's like why the gently caress are you making a stupid rear end deal with a demon but this time I liked it... the hostage possibly can't pay off any better than being used in exchange for Sam, and hell was running fine without him. Now it'll be divided. Cool episode. Kevin seems dead dead. :(
You're not a hunter until you die and come back.

Last season needs to be Cas taking Sam and Dean to heaven, breaking open the mini-heavens humans souls are in and the human souls take over heaven and then siege Hell and take it over. God shows up because it's not part of the plan and Death kills him. The end. I just want to see a couple episodes where they fight more demons in Hell and see what Crowley can do in there.

Yaos fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Jan 19, 2014

Saveron_01
Dec 27, 2004
The one thing that Crowley knows by now, that you can screw around with the Winchesters, but in the end, you want to be on their side. The Winchesters have a knack of being on the surviving end of situations and latching on to that is the smartest move he could make.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Yaos posted:

You're not a hunter until you die and come back.

Kevin was given a hunter's funeral. Nobody has come back after that - which is the point, of course.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Nah, the angels can still bring em back (or could, before they closed down the gates).

Remember when Anna threatened to scatter Sam's ashes across the universe and Cas shot down the idea?

I don't recall if Adam got a hunter's funeral, but he got brought back by Zachariah easily enough.

I think the salt and fire stops most of the "normal" (i.e. not God tier) bad guys or creatures from impersonating em.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Party Membership is a Democracy, The Weave is Not.

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

I know that the show has not killed enough Nazi necromancers lately and I hope it rectifies that posthaste. Because it is true, very true, that everybody hates Nazis.

crazy8
Aug 27, 2003

bawk bawk
So something that just occurred to me is that they had an episode where the boys final got Bobby sent to heaven...but now all the angels fell to earth so assuming he was an angel,wouldn't he be roaming around earth now too? (assuming he didn't die from the fall)

Saveron_01
Dec 27, 2004

crazy8 posted:

So something that just occurred to me is that they had an episode where the boys final got Bobby sent to heaven...but now all the angels fell to earth so assuming he was an angel,wouldn't he be roaming around earth now too? (assuming he didn't die from the fall)

In Supernatural, humans do not become angels. Bobby is still upstairs in his own personal Heaven.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Vorgen posted:

I know that the show has not killed enough Nazi necromancers lately and I hope it rectifies that posthaste. Because it is true, very true, that everybody hates Nazis.

The weird thing about that episode is that there's an episode of Fringe that is just like it (but with more poison gas) and I got serious Deja Vu when I saw it.

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

A 10% levy on BAKED GOODS?!

Vorgen posted:

Everybody except the fashion industry.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Saveron_01 posted:

In Supernatural, humans do not become angels. Bobby is still upstairs in his own personal Heaven.

Piggybacking on this, it's actually rooted in Judeo-Christian belief. God and the angels were around pre-mankind. Angels are a completely different type of being, there's no way for humans to become angels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

Midnight City posted:

Everybody except the fashion industry.

I know it's an unpopular thing to say but they did nail military fashion.

• Locked thread