Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Clockroach posted:

Charles Addams

Amazing. The world's first Buckleybox.

Chaz is usually a lot more subtle in his work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I think the joke relies on that conversational commonplace but it maybe wouldn't spring into the reader's mind and therefore I'm ruling that dialogue as NECESSARY.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
Also keep in mind these were made before the internet, and you wouldn't normally be looking at the image from top to bottom.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Anyone that sides with Josh over Marla has never had a snakey piece of poo poo directly reporting to them before. I think Marla is a lot more sympathetic if you've ever worked management in a retail environment. Managers are human and have faults like everyone else and they literally need to babysit a store full of petulant whiners. It's interesting that this strip can be so polarizing.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Everett True
February 18 & 19, 1918

Man, the Tacoma Times really like this Kaiser/Devil thing.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Now I'm wondering how long that particular design of the devil has been around. Two little horns, widow's peak skullcap, tail with arrowhead shaped end.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
Paper, mister?

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
Non Sequitur

What? Did the round table have a fire in the middle?

Heavenly Nostrils is yesterday's.

9 Chickweed Lane 1/18/2003

Can we be done with this, Brooke? It's stupid.

Zits

Teens and there appetites, amirite?

Kevin & Kell

Speaking of stupid comics... :ughh:

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you

by Michael Deforge

Collected in "Very Casual"

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Bloom County

Bloom County's finest.

Calvin And Hobbes

Big Top is about a kid growing up with a circus troupe.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

Aardmania posted:

Dick Tracy

So is this guy not a villain? He's got a punny name and a pet Hyena, but he isn't doing anything bad and its throwing me off.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Cul-de-sac

Oh lord, Petey no. No Petey.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
Thorn (November 2-4, 1983)

Nina's Adventures (December 20, 1993)

Lucky Cow (March 11-13, 2004)

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

This is the last Grandpa of color that I have. But there are still a good number of black and white ones left!

TyrsHTML
May 13, 2004

So grandpa is a master swords man and strong enough to lift a man. When poo poo goes south i want grandpa on my team.

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

For a moment I thought this was going to be an actual amusing joke about Elly pressganging Michael into playing an instrument then acting like it was his idea. But no, just more about how she's the martyr that's put upon by everyone.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

LtStorm posted:

For a moment I thought this was going to be an actual amusing joke about Elly pressganging Michael into playing an instrument then acting like it was his idea. But no, just more about how she's the martyr that's put upon by everyone.

No, the joke is that playing the accordion gives you boobs(?)

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

JaggerMcDagger posted:

No, the joke is that playing the accordion gives you boobs(?)
The idea that chest exercises would, like, I guess build your pecs and thereby make your boobs look bigger seems to have been endemic in the '70s, I've come across it a lot in old advice books/vintage magazines/YA novels written in the '70s that carefully address puberty and social issues for mixed-up pre-teens etc etc

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
I must! I must! I must increase my bust!

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Today I found myself asking "Whatever happened to Minimum Security?" The next question, of course, was "Wait, why the hell am I thinking about Minimum Security?" So I went straight to the mouth of madness and hey baby, it's a new theme for 2014! And that theme is...um...

:siren:Daily Affirmations for the Revolutionary Proletarian Militant.:siren:

Ow, my head.

Considering how old-format MiniSec features like the Nag Ticker existed solely for the sake of premature conclusions and under-investigated snap judgement, this one is extra special. Still available on GoComics!

Skippy (September 13-15, 1926)

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

The bigger, the better, the tighter the sweater, the boys depend on us!

Luann

Apartment 3-G

Pros & Cons

Sally Forth

The Amazing Spider-Man

Juliet Jones

Phantom Classic

Everything Counts
Oct 10, 2012

Don't "shhh!" me, you rich bastard!

Gunther would probably have more confidence if he'd tie his shoes properly and stop buying clothes made of spun sugar.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
That is an amazing robot snowman they got there. My deepest shame is I have never made a proper snowman. It never snows enough here, or of the right kind of snow for that kind of thing.

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!

TyrsHTML posted:

So grandpa is a master swords man and strong enough to lift a man. When poo poo goes south i want grandpa on my team.

Weapon Brown never appealed to me, but I feel he would be pretty fantastic in it.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I can't think of any move puns, so have a joke.

"About a month before he died, my grandfather, we covered his back full of lard – after that he went downhill very quickly." - MIlton Jones, British Comedian.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Everything Counts posted:

Gunther would probably have more confidence if he'd tie his shoes properly and stop buying clothes made of spun sugar.

Yeah maybe, but it's not like rolling down a hill for no reason is actually very fun anyway. I guess the leaf doesn't fall far form the tree.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Momma

Wee Pals

Andertoons

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord

Midnight Moth posted:

On the Fastrack

Watch out, Dethany. She's just going to figure she's paying you too much if you're buying frivolous novelty items.

Heat is bad for computers. Dethany is supposed to know that.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

This is what I expected from your link
Party like it's 1991 :toot:

Borden
Jul 23, 2008

Classic Nancy

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

=INT()

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

EasyEW posted:

Today I found myself asking "Whatever happened to Minimum Security?" The next question, of course, was "Wait, why the hell am I thinking about Minimum Security?" So I went straight to the mouth of madness and hey baby, it's a new theme for 2014! And that theme is...um...

:siren:Daily Affirmations for the Revolutionary Proletarian Militant.:siren:

Ow, my head.

Considering how old-format MiniSec features like the Nag Ticker existed solely for the sake of premature conclusions and under-investigated snap judgement, this one is extra special. Still available on GoComics!

Eeeww, she drew a furry dickbutt of sorts.

Mr. Noseybonk
Jul 17, 2012

What...what the hell is this?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Mr. Noseybonk posted:

What...what the hell is this?

It's called Nancy, a zombie strip that was somewhat amusing and even sometimes funny back when done by its original author, but is now devoid of all humor sans what we can get from making fun of the current author whose interests include country music, christianity, being a talentless hack riding the coattails of what, 60 years of popularity, and tits.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Spider-Man (Dec. 07-13, 2008)

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

It's always amusing how comic characters manage to comment surprising events while they are happening.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

• Locked thread