Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Bruc posted:

He really is, and nothing really feels unbalanced on him either. He just has a really nicely balanced set of skills that are all powerful, I wish every frame was as well done as Rhino. When I play Nova she feels less powerful than Rhino while at the same time feeling more unbalanced/OP, it's weird.

That's because Nova lives in a universe where everything is made out of brightly colored glass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Are there benefits for pushing the default MK1-Braton, Lato and Skana to level 30 or should I sell them for a quick buck?

By following the suggestions in this thread I upgraded my weaponry to Braton, Aklato and I a currently building a Cronus...

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

limaCAT posted:

Are there benefits for pushing the default MK1-Braton, Lato and Skana to level 30 or should I sell them for a quick buck?

By following the suggestions in this thread I upgraded my weaponry to Braton, Aklato and I a currently building a Cronus...

The benefit is that it increases your overall mastery rank, which you need to increase to unlock access to better guns. Definitely ditch them the moment you hit 30 on them, but if you can suffer through leveling them up, it'll mean you can reach good guns quicker.
If you really just can't take it, though, you can toss them and just use other guns to level up. You don't need THAT many weapons used to hit the lower levels.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

limaCAT posted:

Rank to 30 for the Mastery points or else you have to relevel the weapon back to where you had it then to 30.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

limaCAT posted:

Once you have something better you can just get rid of them. There's more than enough other weapons that are both more useful and more fun that will get you everything you need.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
Pretty sure Alert missions are bugged on PS4. I'm able to join on missions that I haven't unlocked if I do it directly from the mini message board thing, and most of them are also higher level to boot. Even if my guns are doing piddly damage, Slash Dance is letting me rip the grunts apart and still contribute. :toot:

Washin Tong
Feb 16, 2011

I'm mastery Rank 9 and I never had to force myself through leveling a lovely weapon. Just level whatever you feel is cool and always be trying out new toys. This might require you to invest in extra slots to keep a big arsenal but it's the most fun way to play and if you're going for high mastery then you're probably hooked anyway.

E: Also, gently caress Valkyr, what a lovely frame.

Washin Tong fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jan 19, 2014

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

SlayVus posted:

Rank to 30 for the Mastery points or else you have to relevel the weapon back to where you had it then to 30.

You won't have to, there's more than enough weapons and frames in the game right now to get you to the highest ML you need to access stuff.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"

Lemon Curdistan posted:

You won't have to, there's more than enough weapons and frames in the game right now to get you to the highest ML you need to access stuff.

This is pretty bad advice, finish them off, if you play for any appreciable amount of time you'll be annoyed at yourself that you didn't.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

AndroidHub posted:

This is pretty bad advice, finish them off, if you play for any appreciable amount of time you'll be annoyed at yourself that you didn't.

Specifically, keep your intro weapons around to leech xp from your better weapons, once you get them. Unless you're just starved for slots (you shouldn't be, slots are one of the things you should get more of with your intro plat), just keep them around.

Either you're going to burn out inside of a couple of weeks, or you'll wind up wanting to go back later and finish them out. You have to start this process completely over if you sell your weapons (and going back to a naked mk1 after you've tasted the sweet murder capacity of real weapons is terrible).

e: VVVV since pulling out our dicks to measure them is now a thing, in 568 hours I have been glad that I finished leveling my MK1 and LATO before ditching them. Bam.

LonsomeSon fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Jan 19, 2014

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

AndroidHub posted:

After 300 hours I've never felt like I should have maxed my starter items. Once you get enough mastery to use everything there is literally no benefit to grinding out stupid weapons except to make a tiny number next to your name go up. At rank 10 you can use a third resource extractor at once but you can live without that and there are more than enough fun items to get to 10 anyway without needing to do unfun things.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Yeah there's finally enough poo poo in the game that the moment you get the money for a vanilla Braton you never have to touch your MK-1 again.

But it'll still be there, in your profile. Sub-30. Forever.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Denzine posted:

Yeah there's finally enough poo poo in the game that the moment you get the money for a vanilla Braton you never have to touch your MK-1 again.

But it'll still be there, in your profile. Sub-30. Forever.

Tell me about it. There's still a bunch of useless poo poo I've never leveled up on their own, particularly the dual weapons you need two of to craft, and some melee poo poo.

fromoutofnowhere
Mar 19, 2004

Enjoy it while you can.

AndroidHub posted:

No, it's not bad advice. Currently the highest mastery rank weapon is the embolist (I think) at rank 8. Some of the best are around rank 6, which isn't really difficult to achieve. You'll rank up faster, and have a better time playing the game by getting something that's better than the starter weapons.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Orokin catalyst invasion up on PC. Sparga, Eris.

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes
I'm burning through Nightmare infested exterminations in Saxis (Eris) on the PS4. Send me an in game friend request (and a psn too if you want). It's terribly easy no matter what condition you get.

PSN ID(PS4): Steamshovel_Dan WiiU: Steamshovel (not playing it ATM)

Kneejerk
Jul 28, 2010

Felt Presence,
Ghostly Humming

Elysiume posted:

Orokin catalyst invasion up on PC. Sparga, Eris.

I haven't seen this particular tileset before, where you go through some sort of reactor tube and then on the outside of the ship. It's really cool.

And free potatoes aren't bad either, I guess.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"

Gestalt Intellect posted:

After 300 hours I've never felt like I should have maxed my starter items. Once you get enough mastery to use everything there is literally no benefit to grinding out stupid weapons except to make a tiny number next to your name go up. At rank 10 you can use a third resource extractor at once but you can live without that and there are more than enough fun items to get to 10 anyway without needing to do unfun things.

Well I guess I am talking from the point of view of having nothing left to level (940 hours), at which point you will be annoyed you didn't finish them. I think that not having them sitting there in your profile at rank 19 is worthwhile in a game that is only about leveling your gear and getting more gear, but whatever.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Kneejerk posted:

I haven't seen this particular tileset before, where you go through some sort of reactor tube and then on the outside of the ship. It's really cool.

And free potatoes aren't bad either, I guess.

They're fleshing out invasions so it's pretty nice. There's the astroid base that's the same on both sides, as well as the boarding pod (Grineer-side) and air duct exit (Corpus-side). There's also the shuttle-bay portal for Infested invasions in a Corpus tileset, though I haven't seen any planet-based invasion tiles or a Grineer Infested invasion tile.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
I think the best part is that going through a warp portal (Corpus exterior to grineer exterior, corpus invasion vs infested, etc), if you slide through (And who doesn't?) you can end up making the movement system consider you sliding in a direction no matter what, and the only way to change directions is to run and slide in that direction. Which only adds more speed to your infinite-slide, making you fly around the level and into walls and other things. The only way to fix it is to mantle onto a box or ledge or something, which can be hard when you're travelling at mach 2.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Crouching also seems to fix it.

It was frustrating as gently caress until I realized that, though.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

DelphiAegis posted:

I think the best part is that going through a warp portal (Corpus exterior to grineer exterior, corpus invasion vs infested, etc), if you slide through (And who doesn't?) you can end up making the movement system consider you sliding in a direction no matter what, and the only way to change directions is to run and slide in that direction. Which only adds more speed to your infinite-slide, making you fly around the level and into walls and other things. The only way to fix it is to mantle onto a box or ledge or something, which can be hard when you're travelling at mach 2.

It also makes people's shields randomly stop working.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I just want to let everyone know that thunderbolt is the best mod in the game. If you have a bow and don't have it equipped, get it. It is glorious :allears:

(You may kill yourself a few times but it's a noble sacrifice)

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

seiferguy posted:

I just want to let everyone know that thunderbolt is the best mod in the game. If you have a bow and don't have it equipped, get it. It is glorious :allears:

Must be nice to have a thunderbolt mod. :saddowns:

Man I get poo poo for mod loot from everything.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Apparently the RNG favored me today, got all of the Rhino and Oberon parts to drop without having to grind. I'm sure I'll pay for that later on somehow, can't be lucky once and not get a right good anal-fisting to make up for it later.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

randombattle posted:

I got a spare thunderbolt if you're on PC.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

seiferguy posted:

Did thunderbolt finally get fixed to do more than 250 damage?

neosloth
Sep 5, 2013

Professional Procrastinator

randombattle posted:

I had around 7 thunderbolts drop on me in the past few weeks
I don't even have a lot of basic mods like streamline but these thunderbolts keep dropping like useless candy

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

IIRC it's a chance for additional blast damage now.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

redstormpopcorn posted:

IIRC it's a chance for additional blast damage now.

The damage is now applied after the actual projectile damage rather than instead. It's not affected by mods nor does it scale, last I checked, but adding occasional AoE does let you whittle down groups faster in combination with a pimped out bow.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Argas posted:

I got a spare thunderbolt if you're on PC.

Man I'd love a thunderbolt.

I've just had terrible luck with drops since the reset. Still haven't even gotten the real pistol multishot mod yet either.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
Speaking of RNG hate I've been farming survival missions in the attempt to get a Rifle Ammo Mutation mod but the game just appears to hate me; I've got every single other ammo mutation (in particular, I've gotten like five Arrow Mutations) but Rifle Ammo eludes me.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.

Insert name here posted:

Speaking of RNG hate I've been farming survival missions in the attempt to get a Rifle Ammo Mutation mod but the game just appears to hate me; I've got every single other ammo mutation (in particular, I've gotten like five Arrow Mutations) but Rifle Ammo eludes me.

I certainly know your pain. Trying to farm Master Thief has not been working out too well for me.

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

I felt like a ninja, and my kung-fu was strong.

Hey, if it's the RNG hate-a-thon, I'm willing to kill someone's firstborn for a glaive prime blade. T1, T2, T3 survival, it doesn't matter, I can get shafted anywhere. Enough parts to make like 10 mag primes and 10 latron primes though!

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

Verant posted:

I certainly know your pain. Trying to farm Master Thief has not been working out too well for me.

Are you on PC? I have a maxed-out Thief that I never plan on using. Yours if you want it.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Did they ever make master thief not garbage? Or is it still way too expensive for basically no use.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

randombattle posted:

Did they ever make master thief not garbage? Or is it still way too expensive for basically no use.

It's handy for void/deralict missions so you can open more storage containers in loot rooms, but for normal missions it's a waste of modspace.

troublegum
Mar 31, 2013
So, after running some random nightmare mode for the hell of it, I find myself with a couple of spare Lethal Torrents. Which I understand is a somewhat rare and sought after thing that pubbies can be persuaded to buy for :10bux:.

Question is, how much plat should I expect to be able to sell off a maxed Lethal Torrent for?

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

troublegum posted:

So, after running some random nightmare mode for the hell of it, I find myself with a couple of spare Lethal Torrents. Which I understand is a somewhat rare and sought after thing that pubbies can be persuaded to buy for :10bux:.

Question is, how much plat should I expect to be able to sell off a maxed Lethal Torrent for?

LTs are actually tied for the most common drop from NM, at a hair under 10% chance. Single digit plat, I'm guessing.

The rare drops for NM are Blaze and Hammer Shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

randombattle posted:

Man I'd love a thunderbolt.

I've just had terrible luck with drops since the reset. Still haven't even gotten the real pistol multishot mod yet either.

I'm Selic in-game, not always on but if you're ever in the IRC channel (I'm Argas there, woooo years of different usernames), you can yell at me to get my butt onto Warframe for a trade.