Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
Best way to meet them would probably be fast roping in by helicopter and kicking in their bay window whilst dressed in full tactical gear. After you've ziptied them all you can coerce them into letting you be a part of that weeks UPF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

ixnay posted:

I didn't do anything but say "Looking forward to the panel tonight!" to Patrick while I walked out past them, since I could tell they didn't really want to be disturbed during their nice meal.

You should have joined them, it's always nice to meet a fan.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Fallom posted:

Send them a box of stuff that they'll throw on top of the box pile and ignore for 6 months. Maybe you'll get 2 seconds on camera where they open your box and say "Thanks I guess" before tossing it on top of the opened box pile (possibly a different pile).

I love that they have a garbage pile of shipping boxes, I do it too. There's just no creeks nearby to set them on fire in.

Orgone Accumulator posted:

I know your joking, but I actually did this when I was in SF and ended up tagging along with them. Jeff seemed in kind of a lovely mood though and didn't want to record an intro for my podcast.

:catstare:

e: since we love to hate GB crew in here, Patrick just had another common vocabulary failure on his Dark Souls stream; avarice.

IRQ fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Jan 19, 2014

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I know your joking, but I actually did this when I was in SF and ended up tagging along with them. Jeff seemed in kind of a lovely mood though and didn't want to record an intro for my podcast.

I know this has already been discussed but...exactly how severe is your autism? Are we talking aspergers or full blown rain man, here?

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
This is why I love this thread.

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012

This is my favourite post.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Not Al-Qaeda posted:

This is my favourite post.
The whole succinct 2 sentence one-two punch really makes it stand above the rest.

JuHoZ
May 13, 2009
I made a statue of Jeff out of my own hair and some bodily fluids. What is the best way to give it to him?

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

JuHoZ posted:

I made a statue of Jeff out of my own hair and some bodily fluids. What is the best way to give it to him?

Drive around Petaluma until you see a house with blacked out windows and a derelict car with brooms on top. Leave it on the front porch.

0lives
Nov 1, 2012

JuHoZ posted:

Leave it somewhere you know he'll find it! Like on his bed! Make sure you stick around to watch him react to it though, preferably in the closet!

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

JuHoZ posted:

Well, Valentine's Day is coming up...

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Patrick what is happening to you. :ohdear:

JuHoZ
May 13, 2009
The real Dark Souls starts now. :darksouls:

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

uPen posted:

Dark Souls turned Vinny into (even more of) a monster and now it's claiming Patrick too :unsmigghh:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

uPen posted:

Patrick streamed that. It was hilarious.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

uPen posted:

Vinny already went hollow when he murdered the Fair Lady and Dusk of Oolacile, so it was only a question of time...

0lives
Nov 1, 2012

Andrast posted:

Patrick streamed that. It was hilarious.

I need to see this. How far was it into the video?

vvvv Thanks!

0lives fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jan 19, 2014

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

0lives posted:

I need to see this. How far was it into the video?

It starts at around 1h 20 min in the latest twitch VOD.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Andrast posted:

It starts at around 1h 20 min in the latest twitch VOD.

Video on Demand? Do I have to pay Comcast to watch it?

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

And this is why you don't walk up to Giant Bomb people and bother them IRL.

Kasonic
Mar 6, 2007

Tenth Street Reds, representing
Local Bay Area Father Disappears After Standing His Ground Against Stalker Fan

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Hey guys, I totally saw Jeff on the street and ran up to give him a hug, and long story short you guys will never believe how hard Jeff punches. I mean, what is with that guy?!

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Hey guys, I totally saw Jeff on the street and ran up to give him a hug, and long story short you guys will never believe how hard Jeff punches. I mean, what is with that guy?!

He's got that boxer height

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

That's what happens when you try to step to a VGCW champion.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Daius posted:

That's what happens when you try to step to a VGCW champion.

Hey. The Hardcore champ operates under the 24/7 rules. I'll find out where he lives and pin him in his sleep.

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

This is a fairly common observation but it's gotta suck being famous and loved within videogame circles. Many of the negatives of fame, thanks to your fans being much more likely to be socially stupid, with none of the cash to buy bodyguards and home security.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Only the worthy can make it to the end of Jeff's hoarder warren so I think his home security situation at least is pretty tight.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Two words: deadfall trap

You might think that's just a neogeo sitting out but it's actually an elaborate trap using the neogeo as bait. Dare to walk over then wham a pallet of sneak king comes crashing down.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So Patrick is going to do a marathon stream tomorrow and try to finish the rest of Dark Souls. Which is probably pretty doable for him.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Fallom posted:

Only the worthy can make it to the end of Jeff's hoarder warren so I think his home security situation at least is pretty tight.

Setting on fire and throwing in the creek works on overzealous Giant Bomb users just as much as anything else.

Kasonic
Mar 6, 2007

Tenth Street Reds, representing
If I had to listen to a single Bombcast with Ryan on it, what should it be

Kasonic fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Jan 20, 2014

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

There is a Ryan compilation from the This Year podcast.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
E: ^:argh:

Kasonic posted:

If I had to listen to a single Bombcast with Ryan on it, what should it be

The This Year guy made a best of Ryan Davis podcast.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So Patrick is going to do a marathon stream tomorrow and try to finish the rest of Dark Souls. Which is probably pretty doable for him.

How long has he been playing it less than 2 weeks now? I thought he was crazy with the way he was talking about how there were so many games he wanted to play start to finish in the winter.

e:He also just beat Olmec in Spelunky.

cronox2 fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Jan 20, 2014

monoptic
Apr 8, 2004

MAGNICIFENT!

He lucked in to that Black Knight Greataxe and Silver Knight Shield, so he's geared enough to handle anything the game throws at him at this point - including Gwyn, especially now that he's practiced parries. I wish I could've watched live to see chat's reaction to that Axe drop.

That being said, taking out O&S on his second try was impressive. Kid has skill.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

monoptic posted:

He lucked in to that Black Knight Greataxe and Silver Knight Shield, so he's geared enough to handle anything the game throws at him at this point - including Gwyn, especially now that he's practiced parries. I wish I could've watched live to see chat's reaction to that Axe drop.

That being said, taking out O&S on his second try was impressive. Kid has skill.

He was a bit over leveled for them at 67 but using that gently caress off upgraded golem axe and power within he just crushed with damage. That poo poo took forever on my SL 20 something dickwraith. He is pretty dang good at the game. That silver knight shield is almost a gimme drop if you spend any time grinding in Anor Londo though. I was feeding those and spears and swords to toothy for ages.

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

I dunno, you can pretty much brute force your way through the game without much effort with Havel's armor + large amount of vit which is pretty much what Patrick is doing and Vinny did do. Then combined with the Black Knight Great-axe and Silver Knight Shield trivialises the rest of the game, he shouldn't have any issue finishing it tomorrow.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

I want to watch. Why does he need to do it on a Monday :( (I know it is MLK Day tomorrow, but not everyone gets off work automatically).

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Reminder that Patrick owns:
https://twitter.com/tacticalpoptart/status/425098768065630208
https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/425093338631393280

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

natlampe
Jul 10, 2001

How do people manage to be such giant assholes? The internet really is the worst.

Retweeting without any further commenting seems like an okay tactic.

• Locked thread