Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
If somebody else is running around with Megatron's body that would be dumb and lame.

Speaking about that though, they really need to have Megatron run around in his green G2 tank body sometime, as that would be awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Spiderdrake posted:

Which body, Doctor?

I thought he meant the stealth bomber body.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

The_Doctor posted:

I thought he meant the stealth bomber body.
Was around for over two years. The particular Spotlight is right after Heart Like a Wheel, possibly the best pre-MTMTE Hot Rod story.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
I have to hand it to IDW Megatron, if he gets beat in a stand up fight bad enough to lose consciousness, he's waking up in a new body because the old one is shredded. I think there was even a joke about it in the spotlight, where he wakes up and pretty much goes "Waking up? Yep, new body. Bipedal and with a big arm cannon, good."

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

On a completely different tip, because I haven't caught up with MTMTE yet or Dark Cybertron, I got my Metroplex down from the top shelf tonight to reposition his arms from going 'heeey! it's a fugazi!' to 'the english two fingers up go gently caress yourself' and hitting his speak/light up button, he's gone from 2 transform noises to about 7 phrases + them. Bonus.

The KO MP Red Alert I bought got posted about 8 hours after I bought it on Tuesday so we'll see whats what in a week or so I reckon.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

SpikeMcclane posted:

I have to hand it to IDW Megatron, if he gets beat in a stand up fight bad enough to lose consciousness, he's waking up in a new body because the old one is shredded. I think there was even a joke about it in the spotlight, where he wakes up and pretty much goes "Waking up? Yep, new body. Bipedal and with a big arm cannon, good."

I had to check. Exact quote:
"When one is reformatted (in a way seemingly unique to our race), one never knows the situation into which one awakens. The first thing to do is establish what elements from your previous form are carried over to the next.
Arms, two: check.
Legs, two: check.
Head, one: check.
Limb-mounted weapon with civilization-threatening levels of destructive capability: check.
Hate: check.
Rage: check.
So far, so similar."

I love it. I haven't read MTMTE since it started crossing over. Think they'll recap Dark Cybertron enough that I won't be completely lost when I jump back in?

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
Is it possible at some point Megatron got Shadowplayed into a maniacal tyrant, it gets theoretically reversed and the excuse for him leading the expedition is that he isn't that guy anymore, and/or Starscream cuts a deal to get Megatron as far off Cybertron as possible.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?

Diet Poison posted:

I had to check. Exact quote:

Yeah. It's pretty good. It's also probably mixing in my mind with the banter between him and Optimus in Chaos Theory when he was strung up.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Megatron changes alt modes a LOT. I'm pretty sure that ol' Megsy has been more things than any other Transformer, period. Dude just can't make up his mind. It's almost harder to list the things that he hasn't turned into.

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

3 posted:

Uhhhhhhhhhh

:psyboom:

It's incredible how that one, dialogue-free image is about ten times as interesting and captivating as all of the Dark Cybertron issues combined. I hope they never do a crossover again.

That being said, my body is ready for season 2....

I'm just really worried about Rodimus. The one thing I love the most about Regeneration is that we finally have Rodimus Prime in the comics. It'd be great of MTMTE Rodimus goes Prime in an attempt to salvage the reputation of the line or something.

The Goon fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Jan 18, 2014

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
Most people are keeping up, and I don't care about spoilers as a general rule, but you might not want to quote that teaser picture just in case anyone who does care about spoilers isn't caught up.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

Spiderdrake posted:

Which body, Doctor?
Yeah, Shockwave rebuilt it, and from the solicits he is fighting Shockwave on the cover of #12

I really bet against the body swapping angle. Doesn't feel like Roberts to me.

Roberts said he has 5 seasons planned out, there is no way this is a sudden change from his plans.

Shadowplay introduced body swapping, Dark Cybertron has Rodimus' body being pretty mangled and he has the DJD story still hanging over our head. Somethings gonna happen and it's not Megatron himself, he wouldn't join the Bots.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Diet Poison posted:

I love it. I haven't read MTMTE since it started crossing over. Think they'll recap Dark Cybertron enough that I won't be completely lost when I jump back in?

Id expect a recap similar to Death of Optimus Prime/MTMTE's 'Chaos' paragraph.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

Veg posted:

Roberts said he has 5 seasons planned out, there is no way this is a sudden change from his plans.

Shadowplay introduced body swapping, Dark Cybertron has Rodimus' body being pretty mangled and he has the DJD story still hanging over our head. Somethings gonna happen and it's not Megatron himself, he wouldn't join the Bots.

I really hope that's not the way they go with this. While I know Megatron would very likely never wear the Autobrand, the war is over and the Lineage of Primes has ended. Cybertron is rebuilding, his war is over. It's likely wishful thinking, but I want to see a return to pre-war Megatron. It would be a bold move, and could make for interesting stories.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

So Transfomers is so dead right now they apparently don't even have their own section at Target anymore. The few figures I saw tonight were just scattered in and around the TMNT section. But the good part of that is some of them are on clearance, I picked up the legends Cindersaur/Smokescreen 2-pack for $2.98.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Unrelated to comic chat, it's fantastic that the G1 Prime re-release fits in the masterpiece trailer. Dunno why, it just seems really fitting.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Knormal posted:

So Transfomers is so dead right now they apparently don't even have their own section at Target anymore. The few figures I saw tonight were just scattered in and around the TMNT section. But the good part of that is some of them are on clearance, I picked up the legends Cindersaur/Smokescreen 2-pack for $2.98.

Around here they were moved back to the front section of the aisle, whereas for the last six months or so they've been buried in the back by the wall. I figure a lot of resets will be happening in preparation for the movie toys.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

More leaked movie toy listings:

quote:

Leader AD01 Optimus Prime - Movie accurate deco on OP, face has more silver, added fire pattern on chest and legs, more metallic finishing than US version
Voyager AD02 Classic Optimus Prime - Movie accurate deco, silver paint of face, fists and wheels, fire pattern shoulders
Voyager AD03 Ivan - Movie accurate deco on Dinobots, more metallic but darker (realistic) tone on products
Deluxe AD04 Classic Bumblebee - Movie accurate deco, more detail with black horn and leg and arm deco
Deluxe AD05 Southpaw - Movie accurate deco on Dinobots, more metallic but darker (realistic) tone on products
Deluxe AD06 Sligshot - Movie accurate deco, black tampo on arm, more detail face deco, stripes are added to car mode to be movie accurate
Deluxe AD07 Thunderlips - Movie accurate deco on Dinobots, more metallic but darker (realistic) tone on products
Deluxe AD08 Battle Blade Bumblebee - Best deluxe Bumblebee (fans claimed it to be) in first three movies, new premium deco: included golden body paint, vacuum metallic silver axe and cannon
Deluxe AD09 Protoform Optimus Prime - MV1 OP protoform OP with G1 color scheme, look totally fresh, vacuum metallic silver weapon
Deluxe AD10 Starscream - MVS Starscream taken off alien tattoo, added MV1 movie deco
Deluxe AD11 Dispenser - MV1 Payload redeco with new head and color to become Dispenser (MV1 softdrink vending machine) adding new weapon (shooting softdrink cans as in movie)
Voyager AD12 Revenge Optimus Prime - Best voyager OP (fans claimed it to be) in first three movies, using Striker OP (DA28,MV3) deco onto this MV2 OP
Legend Combo AD13 Devastator - combo pack all seven vehicles can transform to robots and combine. Movie accurate deco (dusty look) and detail coloring
Deluxe AD14 Jolt - MV2 Jolt color, new weapons (whips) replacing MechTech weapons
Deluxe AD15 Ratchet - G1 color for MV3 Ratchet, replace MechTecp weapon with Beast Hunter sword

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Thunderlips. :stare:

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Keldroc posted:

Around here they were moved back to the front section of the aisle, whereas for the last six months or so they've been buried in the back by the wall. I figure a lot of resets will be happening in preparation for the movie toys.

My two Targets just reset the toys to the front of the aisle, it was looking just as grim before the reset. There are still no generation deluxes to be found.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

The_Doctor posted:

You called?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

So are the ones that say Classic, are they the original classic/generation molds or the original movie molds?

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I'd really like to read some of the IDW series of books but I'm not entirely sure where I should begin. I've spent a LOT of time on the TFwiki and their continuity has always seemed really fun to me. I have read the Last Stand of the Wreckers and really enjoyed it, I'm just wondering if there's a good jump in spot so to speak?

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Good Listener posted:

I'd really like to read some of the IDW series of books but I'm not entirely sure where I should begin. I've spent a LOT of time on the TFwiki and their continuity has always seemed really fun to me. I have read the Last Stand of the Wreckers and really enjoyed it, I'm just wondering if there's a good jump in spot so to speak?

Last Stand is as good a place to start as any. Pick up The Death of Optimus Prime, which sets up the post-war universe, and then move on to Robots in Disguise and More Than Meets the Eye; RID is about picking up the pieces on the rebooted Cybertron after the Chaos Event (which was not very good), MTMTE is the thread's darling and is a fantastic adventure story about a ragtag gang trying to find the Knights of Cybertron. Also try picking up Chaos Theory from the previous ongoing, those two issues set up some good worldbuilding that foreshadows a lot of the neater concepts that have been brought up in the current ongoings.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

3 posted:

Last Stand is as good a place to start as any. Pick up The Death of Optimus Prime, which sets up the post-war universe, and then move on to Robots in Disguise and More Than Meets the Eye; RID is about picking up the pieces on the rebooted Cybertron after the Chaos Event (which was not very good), MTMTE is the thread's darling and is a fantastic adventure story about a ragtag gang trying to find the Knights of Cybertron. Also try picking up Chaos Theory from the previous ongoing, those two issues set up some good worldbuilding that foreshadows a lot of the neater concepts that have been brought up in the current ongoings.

Thanks! I'll have to give these a look! It looks like they're all compiled in nice big books too so that'll make this a bit easier to track down.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

Yeah, that chart is using the codenames for the Dinobots. "Ivan" is Grimlock, but I don't know who Thunderlips and Southpaw are specifically. Probably Swoop and Slash, if they're Deluxes.

The Taint Reaper posted:

So are the ones that say Classic, are they the original classic/generation molds or the original movie molds?

The green highlighted ones at the link are repainted/redecoed figures from the previous movie lines. I think "classic" refers to the deco, not the mold, as the Classic Bumblebee seems to be a new mold according to that chart.

Good Listener posted:

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

These are leaked Japanese toy listings, we don't know yet if all of these are going to be (re-)released in the US.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Good Listener posted:

Thanks! I'll have to give these a look! It looks like they're all compiled in nice big books too so that'll make this a bit easier to track down.

If you have a tablet, there is a Transformers comic app from Comixology which has all of More Than Meets The Eye volumes (1-5 which is considered 'season one') for cheaper than buying individual issues.

Mtmte volume 1 also has the Death of Optimus Prime issue at the start so its the perfect jumping on point.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Would anyone happen to have a complete G1 Wheeljack? Specifically I'm after the dimensions of the spoiler parts/wings as I don't think it'd be too hard to kitbash them together from all the model car parts I have lying around, rather than pay exorbitant prices on ebay for what's essentially 5 pence worth of plastic.

The only thing I could find online was a similar messageboard request that got sorted on PMs, which is no use to anyone else. Unless I'm looking in the wrong places. Any help would be appreciated.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I have a complete G1 Wheeljack. Are you talking about his clear wings in robot mode or the little rear spoilers he has in car mode?

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Both. The wings I still need dimensions for, I managed to track down technical drawings of the Lancia from a kit car that's more or less the same size, so I can take it from there for the spoilers. Don't know if you could scan them or something and post W x H. I'll assume they're ~1.5mm thick. Cheers.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

So at the end of the newest issue, was that Kup with the space bridge in him?

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
Yes.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Make sure you read Transformers Infestation, so you can truly understand what has happened to Shitpiece Kup though! It's the best IDW made Transformers horror comic you'll ever read to boot!

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.
Got my almost-3-year-old son really interested in Rescue Bots today after we got Netflix and watched a few episodes. I bought a few of the figures for him already, but I've been having a tough time tracking Chase (the police car) down in stores. Got him from Amazon eventually, and my wife and I are now bent on getting all of the transforming figures, but all that's left is Hoist the tow truck, and he's nowhere to be found. The one eBay auction has him going for $150 and there's a sole copy on Amazon going for $350! I really wish I bought him when I saw him at Target a long time ago. The fact that he's out of stock everywhere and that rare is insane.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
eBay prices have taken a nosedive into just plain stupid. I used to be a big fan of lots or auctions but it seems if you want something new now prepare to dish out 100 bucks minimum.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Veg posted:

If you have a tablet, there is a Transformers comic app from Comixology which has all of More Than Meets The Eye volumes (1-5 which is considered 'season one') for cheaper than buying individual issues.

Mtmte volume 1 also has the Death of Optimus Prime issue at the start so its the perfect jumping on point.

Only tablet I have is a wacom one sadly but I don't mind buying physical copies. Thanks everyone for the help and suggestions, I really do appreciate it.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

So you know how everyone in here's been talking up those Switch-n-Go Dinos? Apparently Hasbro took notice.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Sky Lynx's long-lost brother?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Knormal posted:

So you know how everyone in here's been talking up those Switch-n-Go Dinos? Apparently Hasbro took notice.

That Heatwave in the carded picture looks a LOT like Turbo from the Go-Bots. Was it a deliberate homage?