Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
Only if you can convince comics to be on a channel that sounds like it's being broadcast thru a tin can first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

An Enormous Boner posted:

Has anyone else noticed this? The little channel announcement things stuck between the content on the O&A podcast are way louder than the rest of the show -- that image is of the first ten seconds of one channel in the Jim animal hating episode. This makes it impossible for me to listen to. I can't have my ears suddenly blasted out like that. It also looks like there was no real attention paid to keeping things even across segments.

Can some nice and good person please tweet this image and a short explanation to Mr. Sam Roberts? I, the first person in this thread to bring up this issue, would really appreciate it.

OlyMike
Sep 17, 2006
I'm talking about flagellation, who gives a damn about parades

Can some nice and good person please tweet this image and a short explanation to Mr. Sam Roberts? I, the first person in this thread to bring up this issue, would really appreciate it.

Done. Others should as well.

rereginald Dennys
Oct 20, 2012
I'm Cerebral Cortez and I'm still trying way too fucking hard, if you see me posting anywhere, ever, you should probably just report me. Thanks :)
- Management

livingfruitvirus posted:

I've always thought of Opie and Anthony as being very comedian friendly. However, Rawdog Sirius XM Comedy Hits 99 is not part of any premier package that requires an additional fee.

I thought the whole point of the FCC deal back during the merger was that they couldn't pull this sort of thing. It seems like they're fleecing certain customers by holding back their own content. Just insane to me.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

I find it hard to believe that you can compose these scientific audio waveforms but lack the skills to transfer these findings through to the twittersphere. I smell a conspiracy or a false flag or a fart.

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

bunky posted:

I find it hard to believe that you can compose these scientific audio waveforms but lack the skills to transfer these findings through to the twittersphere. I smell a conspiracy or a false flag or a fart.

Oh, who's this cool big strong muscle man that didn't do a tweet in the first place? I hired one of my mercenaries to do your dirty work and now you're so cool. How about sending out the tweet yourself? Some of us aren't in positions to be throwing out tweets every which way. We have kids (I don't have kids).

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Oh, who's this cool big strong muscle man that didn't do a tweet in the first place? I hired one of my mercenaries to do your dirty work and now you're so cool. How about sending out the tweet yourself? Some of us aren't in positions to be throwing out tweets every which way. We have kids (I don't have kids).

I can't tweet unless I'm being ironic. It's an illness and I don't like talking about it. Thanks for bringing it up, now I have to take a bunch of xanax and get totally high on it because I have bad coping skills.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

rereginald Dennys posted:

I thought the whole point of the FCC deal back during the merger was that they couldn't pull this sort of thing. It seems like they're fleecing certain customers by holding back their own content. Just insane to me.

Podcasts have nothing to do with the FCC.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.

rereginald Dennys posted:

The FCC deal was a joke and further proof as to how much corporations truly run the US (end of soapbox story). They were also supposed to merge in to one company...which they did in name. However, try to activate a Sirius radio on your XM account and see how far it gets you. They'll tell you that the systems are completely incompatible, just like they have been for the past SEVEN years.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
For anyone interested, the Free Trial for the online player is up and running again.

I find it pairs well with https://www.guerrillamail.com

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
So wait, O&A are now on at 11am?

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.

eightysixed posted:

So wait, O&A are now on at 11am?

They are off today.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Stokes posted:

They are off today.

I know, but did you hear that Ice-Cube drop? He said now starting at 11am, unless my ears are playing tricks on me :confused:

Yay Pudding!
Mar 26, 2010

Frrrrrrunkis
The replay starts at 11

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Ear tricks. Got it :v:

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
I got fooled too, so I rewound and heard him mention the replay.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

We watched our friends grow up together
And we saw them as they fell
Some of them fell into Heaven
Some of them fell into Hell
Three Lady Di calls so far. What a disaster she is. And holy poo poo is Bill plastered.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

livingfruitvirus posted:

I got fooled too, so I rewound and heard him mention the replay.

Glad I'm not the only one :downs: But to be honest, I just heard it again and still didnt catch where he said "replays". :shobon:

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008
what the poo poo is an unmasked doing instead of ron and fez? another best of? I'm on the online stream, is it a live show yet?

kolby
Oct 29, 2004

Paul Kersey posted:

DAG is hilarious. You should check him out on Adam Carolla's show, dude always delivers.

I haven't heard any of his interviews lately but I remember him being hilarious on talk shows. He always killed it on Conan in the 90's but just never had enough to promote so he wasn't a regular. I will seek out his new stuff.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

ChristianDB posted:

what the poo poo is an unmasked doing instead of ron and fez? another best of? I'm on the online stream, is it a live show yet?

Yeah all these Hank Azaria birth complication stories are awesome. It's not like my wife is due in 3 weeks or anything. :suicide:

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

ChristianDB posted:

It's just wrapping up now. It was a live Unmasked. They went right to it. Guessing show will be live next.

e: Can I get a what what?

UncleMonkey fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jan 21, 2014

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Hank Azaria was great. And busting out instantly recognizable characters like Moe in mid-conversation is never not weird/awesome.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

The battery in Fez's smoke detector is dead and it's making that loud chirping sound and Fez has just been ignoring it and living with it because he says he can't reach it.

He's been living with it like that since Christmas break. :psyduck:

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

UncleMonkey posted:

The battery in Fez's smoke detector is dead and it's making that loud chirping sound and Fez has just been ignoring it and living with it because he says he can't reach it.

All the threads I have bookmarked are typically threads about podcasts/radio shows, so this post hosed with my head because the chirping smoke detector is a long running thing on the radio show Lovelines. It always baffles the hosts when a dumb teenager calls in with the alarm bleeping in the background.
"Why haven't you changed the battery on that smoke alarm?? Doesn't that beeping annoy you?"
"Huh? What beeping?"

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Can I get a What What? Shelby is the loving best.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

UncleMonkey posted:

That was the only redeeming thing of today's show. But man, it was glorious to hear Ron stumble onto all the problems with Fez's apartment as Pepper/Shelb loving lost it in the background.

Ransom
Jan 8, 2001

JOLLY RAPIST

UncleMonkey posted:

He knocked on the Supers door twice twenty days ago. What else is he supposed to do?

Third
Sep 9, 2004
The most noble title any child can have.
If only he had stilts instead of stents.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

Ransom posted:

He knocked on the Supers door twice twenty days ago. What else is he supposed to do?
Hahaha and on a holiday, too. And he didn't even try to call the landlord.

I love how Ron laid it all out clear: Fez has no cable, no heat, and he can't get a response from the Super. Just tell them he's withholding rent! Not to mention, he can rent a goddamn ladder if he won't buy one.

Ron said it was another example about how Fez refuses to solve any of the problems in his life. And he's right.

Fez needs to be forced to let Paul O live with him. It's the only way.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

What's up with the "best of o&a" now? Did I miss something?

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

bunky posted:

What's up with the "best of o&a" now? Did I miss something?
The speculation going around is that this is part of Sabian wanting to re-brand poo poo and that "worst-of" was considered too negative. O&A haven't actually addressed it, I don't think. Yesterday when they were out was the first time we all started noticing it I think, so it must have just started.

CRACK FIRE BEATS
Sep 11, 2001
Are we back to believing anything Fez says on air?

CanadianJericholeaf
Jun 9, 2004

by Lowtax

CRACK FIRE BEATS posted:

I'm just crossing off days on the calender until April 5th.

Paul Kersey
Oct 28, 2004

Anybody who thinks Fez will be gone in April is kidding themselves. Fez isn't going anywhere. The Ron & Fez show has been in existence for almost two decades and SiriusXM is not about to let Ron break up that established brand (much as he probably wants to).

And honestly, I'm glad. Like some caller said in December, I still enjoy the Ron, Pepper and occasional Fez (and now Shelby) show.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

CRACK FIRE BEATS posted:

It was Ron who brought the whole thing up. That's why it sounded legit to me this time.

everyone wear hats now
Jul 29, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBVlR1he7gQ

East Side Dave did alot of acid in high school...

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Not sure how much I give a gently caress about rich people crying about snow plows in New York. How long does this go on today?

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

CanadianJericholeaf posted:

I'm just crossing off days on the calender until April 5th.

Expect no pay off on or after April 5th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CanadianJericholeaf
Jun 9, 2004

by Lowtax

TwistedNails posted:

Expect no pay off on or after April 5th.
Even if they carny it up, I'm interested in seeing how they weasel out of it. The last two weeks of callers will be pretty epic.

• Locked thread