Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Action Tortoise posted:

SpOck needs to learn how to banter like Peter.

He shouldn't bother, at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Daktar posted:

Is this not No Man's Land all over again? Seems a bit unoriginal.

DC.txt, sadly.

Actually I guess it's more comic_books.txt in general, honestly.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

So, Rat Queens #04 is out. This time it's focused a bit more on slaughter and less on comedy, but this part did make me chuckle:

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now
let's get this shit started

Four Daves, eh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JF1chLj1fro&t=17s

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Greg is the character find of 2014.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

WickedHate posted:

So Deadpool obviously knows about what's going on with Spock.

I love Deadpool's 4th-wall-breaking ability. It is his most powerful superpower.

My favourite use of this was in the opening splash page of Cable/Deadpool #50. He's busy fighting off Venom-symbiote-dinosaurs with Weasel and Hydra Bob when Spider-Man swings in and starts blaming him for everything. I can't find an image of it, but the conversation goes like this:

Spider-Man: SO... WHAT DID YOU DO?
Deadpool: ACCIDENTALLY TELEPORTED ALL THESE DINOSAURS INTO MIDTOWN MANHATTAN. BUT I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE VENOM-LOOK-ALIKE GIG, I SWEAR!
Weasel: HE DIDN'T!
SM: GREAT, YOU GOT SIDEKICKS NOW.
DP: I CALL THEM A LOYAL SUPPORTING CAST, MR. HOLIER-THAN-THOU-FUGIIVE-FROM-THE-LAW, SPIDER-MAN. AND I DIDN'T HAVE TO MAKE A DEAL WITH MEPHISTO TO HAVE IT, EITHER.
SM: ?
DP: NEVER MIND.

:allears: He foreshadows Brand New Day before it even happens.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I always like to imagine that these superheroes are having long conversations while frozen mid-jumpkick.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Super-exposition is another thing directly referenced in a Deadpool comic.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Blind Sally posted:

I love Deadpool's 4th-wall-breaking ability. It is his most powerful superpower.

My favourite use of this was in the opening splash page of Cable/Deadpool #50. He's busy fighting off Venom-symbiote-dinosaurs with Weasel and Hydra Bob when Spider-Man swings in and starts blaming him for everything. I can't find an image of it, but the conversation goes like this:

Spider-Man: SO... WHAT DID YOU DO?
Deadpool: ACCIDENTALLY TELEPORTED ALL THESE DINOSAURS INTO MIDTOWN MANHATTAN. BUT I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE VENOM-LOOK-ALIKE GIG, I SWEAR!
Weasel: HE DIDN'T!
SM: GREAT, YOU GOT SIDEKICKS NOW.
DP: I CALL THEM A LOYAL SUPPORTING CAST, MR. HOLIER-THAN-THOU-FUGIIVE-FROM-THE-LAW, SPIDER-MAN. AND I DIDN'T HAVE TO MAKE A DEAL WITH MEPHISTO TO HAVE IT, EITHER.
SM: ?
DP: NEVER MIND.

:allears: He foreshadows Brand New Day before it even happens.

I want Bob to have his own "Agent of H.Y.D.R.A." series wis his main antagonist being Jeff, Agent of A.I.M.

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

BIG HEADLINE posted:

From Wonder Woman #9:

Context: Orion's been giving Diana and all the women around her poo poo, and this is how she finally shuts him up.

So Wonder Woman just grabbed a dude by the cock n balls & threatened to rip them off?

What's next using the "magic finger" on Superman.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

GORILLA BASTARD posted:

So Wonder Woman just grabbed a dude by the cock n balls & threatened to rip them off?

What's next using the "magic finger" on Superman.

Seeing as they're an 'item' in their own book now...probably.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Blind Sally posted:

Check out these panels from Cable & Deadpool 21 & 30, and an explanation that I stole from 4th letter here.

A couple years back, Matt Murdock was in prison and another Daredevil was on the streets. This led to a Daredevil vs. Daredevil fight where the fake revealed himself by making his fist glow and showing us that he was Danny Rand. I know I’m biased, but that’s probably one of my favorite uses of a mystery man in a comic story. It gave Brubaker’s Daredevil run some intrigue to start off with, it was a surprising reveal without being completely out of nowhere and it really led to some great stuff.

In Daredevil and Civil War, there wasn’t much to go on when it came to who Daredevil was other than we knew Daredevil could see and Iron Fist was completely missing from the Civil War clusterfuck. I guess that does make it more obvious when you look at the Luke Cage issue of New Avengers.

The cool thing is, the biggest hint came in the form of Cable/Deadpool. First, you have to look back to Cable/Deadpool #21, where our two heroes take on Luke Cage and Iron Fist. Check out this martial arts exchange between Deadpool and Iron Fist.

George Carlin. ‘Vuja de’ – the feeling none of this has ever happened before.”

“Okay, the other one then. Déjà vu. This has happened. Hey—wait a minute—you’re not even Daredevil for real, are you? –You’re really—“

Then Captain America’s projectile shield shuts him up.

So Deadpool totally knew and gave the biggest hint when everyone online was debating about who the mystery Daredevil is.

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL
Is that the issue where he repeatedly shoots Hercules in the face with tranquilizer darts?

I would love if someone could post that scene. The "Punch punch punch" sound effects kill me.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

KittenofDoom posted:

Is that the issue where he repeatedly shoots Hercules in the face with tranquilizer darts?

I would love if someone could post that scene. The "Punch punch punch" sound effects kill me.

He tries to shoot *everyone* in the face with tranq darts.

And ends up wearing them himself, with the most :downs: smile showing through his mask when they take effect.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Ghostlight posted:

(that picture I was talking about)

Thanks!

KittenofDoom posted:

That's the next one, issue 31.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
This is one of my favorite threads, so I'm giving it the Photoshop Friday/Comedy Goldmine treatment in a new series on the front page. Installments will be sporadic and entirely based upon how many panels I stockpile. Of course, every image will be attributed to its poster.

I don't want to cause a derail, so if anyone has an issue or suggestion feel free to PM me.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Is this based on what came out this week, or the older stuff like what was just posted from Cable & Deadpool?

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

Pretty much anything from this thread and its previous incarnations. I'm mostly going with panels that are bizarre or goofy (like Ghost Rider + snakes or papa spank) rather than examples of well-written comedy.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

This is one of my favorite threads, so I'm giving it the Photoshop Friday/Comedy Goldmine treatment in a new series on the front page. Installments will be sporadic and entirely based upon how many panels I stockpile. Of course, every image will be attributed to its poster.

I don't want to cause a derail, so if anyone has an issue or suggestion feel free to PM me.

I would credit the issues, writers and artists where possible as well.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Love the new feature, good work.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Love the new feature, good work.

I'm so glad the Moondragon panel made it to the front page.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

Senior Woodchuck posted:

I would credit the issues, writers and artists where possible as well.

Good call. I'll add a Source line for each image.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Action Tortoise posted:

I found that issue in my LCBS, and now I too must think hard. :)

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Action Tortoise posted:

I hoping it's going to be a series of frontpage articles.

Edit: I read it again, it is going to be a continuing series. Yay.

Say Nothing fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Jan 19, 2014

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Gavok posted:

I like how in the first panel, Doop is all, "Okay, kids. Party's over. Get in the loving Blackbird."

Doop is swiftly becoming my favourite Marvel comics in-joke, and it's amazing how well they're doing by taking goffy concepts like that and just running with them.

Content: Superior Foes of Spider-man 6.

The best man. :D

Breetai fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Jan 19, 2014

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Breetai posted:

In an earlier issue they were talking about being the Sinister Six but only having five members and Boomerang rationalized this by saying that people will think the sixth member could be anybody! Even Dormammu! And the Shocker was all "Oy, always with the Dormammu!" so it's a callback!
(I just noticed Doctor Bong is at the wedding)

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
I really dig the familial resemblance with the baby.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Breetai posted:

I'm more a fan of the Flower Girl myself.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Breetai posted:

Doop is swiftly becoming my favourite Marvel comics in-joke, and it's amazing how well they're doing by taking goffy concepts like that and just running with them.

It didn't click when I was reading the issue but :lol: the baby is Dormammu's.

I Love Loosies
Jan 4, 2013

Sockser posted:

It didn't click when I was reading the issue but :lol: the baby is Dormammu's.

I thought Dormammu was her father or something.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

General Bort posted:

I thought Dormammu was her father or something.

Earlier in the series he talks about how cool he thinks Dormammu is, and gets called a fanboy for it. Then in his fantasy he has Dormammu as his best man...but also still gets screwed over by him because the baby looks like Dormammu, meaning his fantasy wife slept with his fantasy best friend behind his back.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

TheJoker138 posted:

Earlier in the series he talks about how cool he thinks Dormammu is, and gets called a fanboy for it. Then in his fantasy he has Dormammu as his best man...but also still gets screwed over by him because the baby looks like Dormammu, meaning his fantasy wife slept with his fantasy best friend behind his back.

Or maybe Dormammu's just so cool that he's OK with it.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

theflyingorc posted:

Or maybe Dormammu's just so cool that he's OK with it.

Would you kick up a fuss with the lord of the dark dimensions over sleeping with your wife?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

You're worried about who the daddy is, but I'm more concerned with the childbirth. :stonk:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

JLA League of One.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I think the humor would be increased if we knew WHY that was happening. Otherwise, I'm just confused.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
Panels 4 and 5 look like Wonder Woman is about 10 feet too far away to actually hit Superman

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I don't think that is WW at all. Look how stretchy that leg is in the last panel. It's obvious it is Plastic Man with some sort of strength enhancer.

Comedy Option: It's a Skrull!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Johnny Aztec posted:

I think the humor would be increased if we knew WHY that was happening. Otherwise, I'm just confused.

I disagree, it's funnier without context.

• Locked thread