Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

troublegum posted:

So, after running some random nightmare mode for the hell of it, I find myself with a couple of spare Lethal Torrents. Which I understand is a somewhat rare and sought after thing that pubbies can be persuaded to buy for :10bux:.

Question is, how much plat should I expect to be able to sell off a maxed Lethal Torrent for?

I bought mine for 10plat and didn't price check with goons beforehand because I remembered not grinding for it in the event and thought 10plat was fair. Seller says fair, buyer says fair, free market, etc.

That is to say, market price is single-digit, but it could easily be sold for higher and if you can get more, do it. No one loses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
What the gently caress. I played on the PS4 last night and logged off just same as always. Log in to my PS4 just now and Warframe isn't anywhere to be found. Everything else is there just fine but not Warframe. I think the fucker deleted itself. I better not have lost my account too, I spent a decent amount of plat on that account.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"
:siren:Energy Siphon up on Juliet in Uranus on PC for another 51 minutes:siren:

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

BarkingSquirrel posted:

What the gently caress. I played on the PS4 last night and logged off just same as always. Log in to my PS4 just now and Warframe isn't anywhere to be found. Everything else is there just fine but not Warframe. I think the fucker deleted itself. I better not have lost my account too, I spent a decent amount of plat on that account.

Your stuff is stored online iirc.

troublegum
Mar 31, 2013

ullerrm posted:

LTs are actually tied for the most common drop from NM, at a hair under 10% chance. Single digit plat, I'm guessing.

The rare drops for NM are Blaze and Hammer Shot.

Definitely got a couple of those lying around. Time to shoot more Grineer mans in NM, looks like.

zgrowler2 posted:

I bought mine for 10plat and didn't price check with goons beforehand because I remembered not grinding for it in the event and thought 10plat was fair. Seller says fair, buyer says fair, free market, etc.

That is to say, market price is single-digit, but it could easily be sold for higher and if you can get more, do it. No one loses.

Welp, so much for my dreams of getting spacerich off of Lethal Torrent. Still, Warframe's trading 'system' is sufficiently opaque that someone, somewhere will pay an excessive price for it. Otherwise, back to pouring cores into the pile of Serrations I have, I guess.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

AndroidHub posted:

:siren:Energy Siphon up on Juliet in Uranus on PC for another 51 minutes:siren:

Apparently DE hates people who live in the US and work normal hours M-F.

Objectivist Rapist
Mar 25, 2007

Rape is a construct
and I'm an engineer
Speaking of, Forma BP on Saturn on PC for the next two hours.

Lokee
Oct 2, 2013

The brown sea is dark and full of terrors, but the paywall burns them all away.

Alighieri posted:

Apparently DE hates people who live in the US and work normal hours M-F.
^This. I can't count the amount of times I was hunting for Vauban parts a few months ago and found I had missed one that occurred at 6-7am EST. :negative:

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

Lokee posted:

^This. I can't count the amount of times I was hunting for Vauban parts a few months ago and found I had missed one that occurred at 6-7am EST. :negative:

Same. I just need the goddamn helmet, DE, stop putting it in alerts at 2 in the goddamn morning or when I have classes!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Pseudoscorpion posted:

Same. I just need the goddamn helmet, DE, stop putting it in alerts at 2 in the goddamn morning or when I have classes!

Which is weird, because London Ontario is EST.

The alerts are automated and random though, right?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

hexic posted:

The Karak doesn't require a mastery rank so you can build that any time you want and it's a pretty solid weapon. If you're already mastery rank 2, you can also build the Boltor. Both are pretty solid rifles and I used my Boltor up until I could build a Soma with no problems. Make sure to get a spare Serration mod from someone in the clan though.

I think you'll enjoy Rhino. He's probably the best warframe in the game at the moment.

I finished up my Karak, the 24 hour build time was painful. It's funny how a unmodded Karak feels about 3 times as strong as my level 30 MK1-Braton.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Decided to jump into this again, holy balls it was updated like mad. :psyduck:

Currently got a Gritaka in the oven, guess I'll keep leveling my Trinity in the meantime, send a clan request as well. Looking forward to adventuring with goons.

Any suggestions on a melee weapon? I asked my friend who still plays and he said the Cronus is barely an upgrade to the starter one so I shouldn't bother.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Melee is just character decoration in the current balance. Orthos should still be one of the better melee weapons but only use charged attacks, if you are rank 6 Dual Ichor has a lot going for it when highly modded.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

Speaking of melee weapons, is there a known bug where killing things with melee weapons don't count as melee kills? I have noticed on the results screen when I have done entire infest missions with melee only and get 90ish kills I get only 10-15 melee kills counted.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Is your Sentinel swiping kills? The Sweeper is particularly bad about it.

Dr. Bonertron
Mar 26, 2009

The doctor said I was too muscular to be aborted

Alteisen posted:

Decided to jump into this again, holy balls it was updated like mad. :psyduck:

Currently got a Gritaka in the oven, guess I'll keep leveling my Trinity in the meantime, send a clan request as well. Looking forward to adventuring with goons.

Any suggestions on a melee weapon? I asked my friend who still plays and he said the Cronus is barely an upgrade to the starter one so I shouldn't bother.

The Galatine is a legitimately good weapon. Probably the best of the melee right now.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

Epsilon Plus posted:

Is your Sentinel swiping kills? The Sweeper is particularly bad about it.

I took out the mod that makes it target mobs, it's just a glorified vacuum cleaner since that helps it live longer in my experience.

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012
Man, this game... I've been playing for about 2 weeks now, and I'm addicted.

I started with a Mag, and I have to say that is the only "real" choice for a newbie. Pull by itself is incredible, and Polarize Shield is excellent for keeping you alive through the tougher stuff. I can also swear by the Bronco (soon to be double Broncos), all around excellent weapon.

I just finished cooking a Rhino, and I should have a Drakgoon tonight. Assuming I can pull together a decent stable of mods for the shotgun type, at what point can I be viable in Orokin Derelict/Orokin Void missions? There are a bunch of things I need/want from there (Forma/Catalyst blueprints), and my one attempt to solo a T1 Mobile Defense was incredibly hard, though successful.

I see LVL x-y on all of these mission nodes, but I really don't know how to translate that to expected Damage/Durability of mobs. At what point could I handle a Nightmare (lvl 48) node, for instance?

FYI, I'm in the clan, but my last attempt to get mumble working again ended in failure. I'll probably try a reinstall with another version tonight.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Orokin Derelict is around mid-tier, with the exception of Survival which obviously can go as high as you can stand to keep going. You'll want probably at least one 'great' (lvl30, modded and potatoed) weapon to survive there as well as a frame with at minimum some decent shields and armour (or a Rhino, hah!).

Void 1 is easy enough and like you say can be done almost immediately and solo'd by anything. Void 2 you want to be around the same as Derelicts. Void 3 you want great gear and either a full team or top-tier gear, modded to gently caress and probably min-maxed if you want to go alone.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

Captaindirtnap posted:

I started with a Mag, and I have to say that is the only "real" choice for a newbie.

I cannot recommend highly enough that new players do not take Excalibore. Mag is amazing, and Loki is only slightly less amazing because he needs better gear than the starting stuff to really get into his game (i.e. Orthos Prime doing 12k hits while invisible.)

But hey, on Excalibore you can jump 3x as high!

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Ajax posted:

I cannot recommend highly enough that new players do not take Excalibore. Mag is amazing, and Loki is only slightly less amazing because he needs better gear than the starting stuff to really get into his game (i.e. Orthos Prime doing 12k hits while invisible.)

Seconding this. Leave Excal alone until rank 6 when you can do orbital strikes with Ogris unless you want/need to convert 75 plat + time into 6K mastery points. Average at best and no reason to pick him over Mag.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Ajax posted:

B-But.. Slash Dance... :negative: At least I've got a Boltor now, plus jumping up and down on people smashing Amphis on their head hasn't lost it's appeal yet. :toot: I didn't realize how grind-tastic and freakin' expensive Warframe's market was when I started. I'm pretty sure my thought process at the time was, 'This looks like the scrub frame, I'll get some practice then switch to something else.' :v:

At least I was right in one way I guess. :haw:

limited fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jan 20, 2014

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

How come when I hit a helmet nerd with this awesome flourishy melee technique, that was probably passed down through generations of Tenno martial arts masters, he doesn't even flinch, but when a helmet nerd kabonks me with his jellyfish launcher I go staggering for 12 minutes.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Unbind your melee button and the game will make so much more sense.

Update 12!

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

The Moon Monster posted:

How come when I hit a helmet nerd with this awesome flourishy melee technique, that was probably passed down through generations of Tenno martial arts masters, he doesn't even flinch, but when a helmet nerd kabonks me with his jellyfish launcher I go staggering for 12 minutes.

Because DE loves their stunlocks and excessively long animations. It would be a lot more tolerable if you could get up to 100% knockdown resistance with good mods. But I think the max is like 80%, which gives you a 20% chance of getting killed without being able to do anything since it eventually gets to the point where enemies can kill you in the two secs it takes to get back up.

In other words, Warframe allows you to go fast, but that just makes me frustrated at how long the fall-roll, climb-over-railing, stand-back-up animations are. Everything should go fast, damnit.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
Stuns, knockdowns and bleed procs are probably the vast majority of the reason I die in this game. "Hey guys let's play some Phobos!" *Gets shot twice by Eviscerator, dies to bleed*

It's worse if you've been playing Rhino for so long that you're used to ignoring it all and you switch to another class to level it only to get wrecked super hard.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Got the clan invite. :woop:

Didn't know I had to make the dojo key, good thing I had the materials.

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012

Pierson posted:

Orokin Derelict is around mid-tier, with the exception of Survival which obviously can go as high as you can stand to keep going. You'll want probably at least one 'great' (lvl30, modded and potatoed) weapon to survive there as well as a frame with at minimum some decent shields and armour (or a Rhino, hah!).

Void 1 is easy enough and like you say can be done almost immediately and solo'd by anything. Void 2 you want to be around the same as Derelicts. Void 3 you want great gear and either a full team or top-tier gear, modded to gently caress and probably min-maxed if you want to go alone.

That sounds nice... but how do I go about getting a potato for that awesome weapon? I was under the impression that Void/Derelict are the only places those blueprints drop. I'm waiting on at least a 50% discount before I bite on IAP.

Also, I've seen in Invasions that Mutagen Mass and Fieldron can be obtained as rewards. Can this happen with a Detonator Injector? (or whatever the Clan crafted Grineer thing is)

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Captaindirtnap posted:

That sounds nice... but how do I go about getting a potato for that awesome weapon? I was under the impression that Void/Derelict are the only places those blueprints drop. I'm waiting on at least a 50% discount before I bite on IAP.

Also, I've seen in Invasions that Mutagen Mass and Fieldron can be obtained as rewards. Can this happen with a Detonator Injector? (or whatever the Clan crafted Grineer thing is)

Not that I've seen. But for now you only ever need 7 Detonite Injectors. 2 for the Ignis and 5 for the Ogris, it's not like the 20ish you need for the others to build everything.

Also, I'm less impressed with Forma blueprints as rewards now that I have 16, with 3 built already. Just give me the goddamned Reaper Prime Blade, game.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Captaindirtnap posted:

Orokin Catalysts/Reactors only drop from alerts and rarely from invasions. The alerts come whenever is most inconvenient for you, the invasions usually go quick, since the more people completing them the faster it goes. Thankfully, they're otherwise only 20 plat and if you get a decent coupon, worth the investment to make some weapons fun and usable.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I have spent a ton of plat so far, almost all of it has been for quality of life stuff like reactors/catalysts, formas, and affinity boosters. Also did a bit of trading for mods and keys I wanted. Rushing stuff is handy when you know you're running a bunch of stuff, too. This weekend I picked up a Credit Booster and made 1.3 million credits just running keys. Tower 3 keys net you 50k, which is a nice consolation prize when you get your 7th Boar Prime Stock.

I'm basically the ideal pay to play sucker (even though I'm using mostly promo plat, I need real plat for trading), is what I'm getting at. If the next Prime Access is something like a Nyx Prime and a Vectis Prime I'll probably buy it.

Grobbit
Jan 20, 2009

DelphiAegis posted:

Orokin Catalysts/Reactors only drop from alerts and rarely from invasions. The alerts come whenever is most inconvenient for you, the invasions usually go quick, since the more people completing them the faster it goes.

:siren: There is an invasion now with Orokin Reactor as a reward :siren:
if its anything like last time it will be over within an hour so jump on it quick!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I bought split chamber on the open market, because I wasn't going to sit around and grind for it. It's made the game significantly more enjoyable and now I have a strong desire to start throwing formas on all my favorite weapons.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
Yeah I'm sick of running Orkin Derelict, I think I'm gonna try to just buy Critical Delay and Heavy Caliber tonight, or try my luck trading Hammershot or Blaze for one.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
As grindy as Warframe is, it's really quite something when you realize that DE is either very generous at monetizing the game or very incompetent at it.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Got it! 91.1% finished right now. When I started it was like 80% or so.

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
Started playing this last week and I'm already hooked on the grind. Got a Rhino cooking because why not?

What weapons should I be looking to grind next? Shotgun and Heavy Melee?

Metaprognosticate
Nov 10, 2013
What's your current mastery?

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.

Metaprognosticate posted:

What's your current mastery?

Im 3/4 of the way to rank 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Argas posted:

As grindy as Warframe is, it's really quite something when you realize that DE is either very generous at monetizing the game or very incompetent at it.
I used to think it was the latter way back when I started playing, but more and more I feel like it's actually a pretty clever model. We all laugh at how overpriced weapons and frames are, but the vast majority of those are easily obtained with even the slightest amount of patience. The intended market for that nonsense falls roughly into three categories: whales, idiots (there's some crossover), and the occasional player for whom time is more valuable than money. Meanwhile, all the quality of life stuff (aka the poo poo that actually matters) like potatoes and slots are very reasonably priced.