Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jetsetlemming
Dec 31, 2007

i'Am also a buetifule redd panda

The Machine posted:

Which 3DS Harvest Moon is the one to get again?

Or should I just suck it up and get Rune Factory 4?
It's absolutely Rune Factory 4. It has everything a normal HM game has, plus monster hunting, way better writing, visuals, characters, etc (based on my experience with Tale of Two Towns), and a whole lot of content. It is genuinely really loving well written and enjoyable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Starting tomorrow or the 20th? Your list says 20th.

The 20th, I had a brainfart while typing that message at 2AM and thought it was the 19th.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

bearbating is now adorable
3DS is region locked, right? So US Rune Factory 4 isn't going to work on my UK 3DS, right?
With the dev going under it's unlikely to get a release and I want to play it so badly.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

Emalde posted:

Yes.

Also, no sale on SMT4 is unfortunate. Remember, Code of Princess is not worth buying!

Well, SMT4 just went on sale for $40 at Amazon. I've never played an SMT game, but given the near-universal praise, I'm going to give it a try.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Some NA sales/cuts that weren't on the press release:

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Wii U) - $39.99
Scribblenauts Unlimited - both versions $19.99
Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure - $39.99 (Wii U) / $19.99 (3DS)
Bomb Monkey (3DS) - price drop to $2.99

Can anye of you NA dudes confirm/deny these prices, or see if they have the sales period listed on the eShop?

Babby Sathanas posted:

3DS is region locked, right? So US Rune Factory 4 isn't going to work on my UK 3DS, right?
With the dev going under it's unlikely to get a release and I want to play it so badly.

Yeah, it's region-locked. Zen United is still working on the PAL release, as far as I know, and it's still expected in the first half of this year.

Sonel
Sep 14, 2007
Lipstick Apathy

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Some NA sales/cuts that weren't on the press release:

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Wii U) - $39.99
Scribblenauts Unlimited - both versions $19.99
Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure - $39.99 (Wii U)

Can any of you NA dudes confirm/deny these prices, or see if they have the sales period listed on the eShop?
These are the correct prices right now.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
Is The Millennium Girl worth getting if you already beat EO1 back in the day? Did they rebalance the skills so that it's more in line with the newer games and you can't just spam those Medic skills to win the game?

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

I was hoping the 3DS MH3U would go on sale again, they had several $20 sales and I've got two friends who recently got a 3DS that are interested in it.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
So how's Chibi-Robo Photo Finder? I've got ten extra bucks on the eShop I don't know what to do with and I remember liking the original.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Chronojam posted:

I was hoping the 3DS MH3U would go on sale again, they had several $20 sales and I've got two friends who recently got a 3DS that are interested in it.

It might be on sale, I don't know. I don't have a NA 3DS/WU so I just have to go off what I'm told and what's on the press release.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

alcharagia posted:

So how's Chibi-Robo Photo Finder? I've got ten extra bucks on the eShop I don't know what to do with and I remember liking the original.

Assuming you've played the others and understand that you're not going to get a $40 experience out of it, it's great. It can be shallow at times and taking pictures can be frustrating due to the poo poo camera the 3DS has but overall I'm liking it more than I thought I did. Also, some of the textures in the game are unreal for the 3DS, it's a very, very pretty game but the frame rate can suffer from it.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

alcharagia posted:

Honestly, you might want to get the demo to find out yourself. I take the opposite position as Louisgod, it's not that good and I personally wouldn't recommend it to anyone. It looks nice but that's about it. Also yea if you're going to build a major feature of your game around the mediocre camera, maybe give a little more leeway on the picture rates.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

The game is pretty much all charm but not much in the way of actual gameplay. If you love exploration and colorful characters, it's worth the $10 absolutely. I'm having a nice time with it.

But, yeah, the photo system is super janky.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Louisgod posted:

Assuming you've played the others and understand that you're not going to get a $40 experience out of it, it's great. It can be shallow at times and taking pictures can be frustrating due to the poo poo camera the 3DS has but overall I'm liking it more than I thought I did. Also, some of the textures in the game are unreal for the 3DS, it's a very, very pretty game but the frame rate can suffer from it.

I played the demo and while I liked it, I found the frame rate of it to be pretty bad. How is it in the full version?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Vince Videogames posted:

I played the demo and while I liked it, I found the frame rate of it to be pretty bad. How is it in the full version?

Can't say for sure since I never played the demo but honestly there's nothing in the game (so far) that requires a steady framerate so it doesn't bother me. If the gameplay was affected to a point where I couldn't do poo poo because of it then I'd be annoyed but the charm and great visuals outweigh any sluggishness.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of January 23):

quote:

WII U eSHOP
    UnEpic - €9.99 / £8.99
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels (NES) - €4.99 / £3.49
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Wii Fit U Trial Version (Wii U) - free for 31 days, available until January 31 (Balance Board required.)
    Trine 2: Directors Cut (Wii U eShop) - €6.79 / £5.49 until January 30
    EDGE (Wii U eShop) - €1.99 / £1.79 until February 1

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Bella Sara 2 - The Magic of Drasilmare - €34.99 / £29.99
3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Ninja Gaiden III: The Ancient Ship of Doom (NES) - €3.99 / £3.59
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Boulder Dash XL-3D (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.49 from January 23-30
    Alien Chaos 3D (3DS eShop) - €1.99 / £1.59 from January 23-30
    Fractured Soul (3DS eShop) - €3.99 / £3.59 from January 23-February 6
    Rage of the Gladiator (3DS eShop) - €3.49 / £3.19 from January 23-February 6
    Aqua Moto Racing 3D (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £5.39 until January 23
    MYST (3DS eShop) - €9.99 / £8.99 until January 31
    Dress To Play: Cute Witches (3DS eShop) - €0.99 / £0.89 until February 6
    Dress To Play: Magic Bubble (3DS eShop) - €0.99 / £0.89 until February 6

(there's some other shovelware on sale but I'm sick of listing it every other week so gently caress it)

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
The 3DS sure has a lot of games about horses.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Rexroom posted:

Horses are very popular with some girls, I have a cousin who loves that stuff.

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

Kurtofan posted:

Horses are very popular with some girls

Noted.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
In the Iwata Asks for Nintendogs+cats, they said their consumer research showed that European customers were more interested in horses than cats.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

In the Iwata Asks for Nintendogs+cats, they said their consumer research showed that European customers were more interested in horses than cats.

So basically they should make Nintenhorse+Dinosaurs to truly get to the European market?

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Rexroom posted:

It's got nothing on the DS.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Also another reminder to not buy Myst on 3DS.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Waffleman_ posted:

Also another reminder to not buy Myst on 3DS.

NINTENDO eSHOP: Do not buy Myst on 3DS.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Where is the game freak solitare/horse racing game?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

So basically they should make Nintenhorse+Dinosaurs to truly get to the European market?

Um, they should make Nintenhorse+Dinosaurs to capture the entire world market. And my heart. :allears: Holy poo poo, if that game had unicorns I'd finally be forced to buy my wife her own 3DS.

The T
May 29, 2010

A sufficiently chaotic system is maximally fair.

codenameFANGIO posted:

Um, they should make Nintenhorse+Dinosaurs to capture the entire world market. And my heart. :allears: Holy poo poo, if that game had unicorns I'd finally be forced to buy my wife her own 3DS.

I would buy this if the dinosaurs are able to be ridden and raced... in the same races with the horses.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I would buy it if you can breed the horses and dinosaurs to make new more powerful horse dinosaurs.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

The T posted:

I would buy this if the dinosaurs are able to be ridden and raced... in the same races with the horses.

You're playing two different games on the same map, one game is racing horses and the other is hunting horses.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Anybody played UnEpic? Is it worth the ten / fifteen odd bucks?

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

alf_pogs posted:

Anybody played UnEpic? Is it worth the ten / fifteen odd bucks?
I played the PC version and I liked it a lot; be aware the game isn't shy about killing you though, so I would advise against playing on Hard off the bat.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

duckfarts posted:

I played the PC version and I liked it a lot; be aware the game isn't shy about killing you though, so I would advise against playing on Hard off the bat.

Thanks very much!

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Shovel Knight trailer/release date:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zddBfV3fpM

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Some Ninja Gaiden poo poo in there.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Aw yes, I backed this and I'm super amped for it.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
60FPS version of the trailer, plus full versions of the music, including the new stage tune:

http://yachtclubgames.com/2014/01/trailer-music-and-hd-60-fps-video/

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

This is as spectacular as I hoped it would be. :allears:

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie
There's a new 3ds update, and apparently the price of Project X Zone was cut on the eshop? I'll check when I'm done updating.

e: PXZ is now $19.99 on the eshop if that tickles your fancy.

Reoxygenation fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Jan 23, 2014

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

60FPS version of the trailer, plus full versions of the music, including the new stage tune:

http://yachtclubgames.com/2014/01/trailer-music-and-hd-60-fps-video/

that tinker knight stage music is rad as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Reoxygenation posted:

There's a new 3ds update, and apparently the price of Project X Zone was cut on the eshop? I'll check when I'm done updating.

e: PXZ is now $19.99 on the eshop if that tickles your fancy.

It was $14.99 a couple weeks ago. Anyone who wants it digitally has it now.