Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Is there really only ONE save slot for the Demo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Yes, also in the full game.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

FrickenMoron posted:

Yes, also in the full game.

Wrong. The full game has 3 save slots. (Though I've only had need for one, I may use the other two for challenge runs.)

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Oh yeah, I just never noticed it. :psyduck: I just always see the active game on the title screen and assumed it was the only one you were allowed.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I went out to the cave in the west and immediately encountered an enemy party of six kobold that wiped me out in 4 rounds. Any tips in general for this game? I spent all my gold on some starter gear and picked 4 jobs that seemed like they complement each other. I didn't have any gold for scrolls so I don't have any magic users.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

notZaar posted:

I went out to the cave in the west and immediately encountered an enemy party of six kobold that wiped me out in 4 rounds. Any tips in general for this game? I spent all my gold on some starter gear and picked 4 jobs that seemed like they complement each other. I didn't have any gold for scrolls so I don't have any magic users.

I'm assuming you're playing the demo: Level up on the field first before you take on dungeons.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

notZaar posted:

Do the first two quests in the field, you'll get a couple of levels under your belt. The difficulty of the dungeons at the level you'll probably reach them goes "mildly annoying with some basic town gear" "a bit of a hassle with town gear" "pain in the rear end without some rebuilt village stuff".

For the village there's a bug, updating people in the village saves automatically but the game doesn't. After the second dungeon or so one guy in town will give you a free villager, at which point you can quit without saving (the save guy has "quit to title" on his menu), hop back in and get another villager, up to a max of 20. Rebuilding the village will then take a couple of hours all together instead of days. Apparently villager influx is much better in the full game even without streetpasses, so them expecting you to rebuild it to get by isn't as annoying.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Folt The Bolt posted:

Wrong. The full game has 3 save slots. (Though I've only had need for one, I may use the other two for challenge runs.)

It just seems odd that there are three save slots for the demo, but you can only ever use one.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There's three slots but you can't save the same game on all three.

Slot 2 and Slot 3 are for new games.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Folt The Bolt posted:

I'm assuming you're playing the demo: Level up on the field first before you take on dungeons.

I have to level up to take on the newbie dungeons? I don't think this game is going to be my cup of tea.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

notZaar posted:

I have to level up to take on the newbie dungeons? I don't think this game is going to be my cup of tea.

There's like two quests that involve killing monsters that you're expected to do before you even set foot in the dungeon. It's not your first destination.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
The main game isnt like that, but the demo is built up like that with a linear progression. You can change the battle speed and brave through all random encounters pretty much.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Lord Ephraim posted:

Amazon just emailed me saying my standard copy and limited edition of Bravely Default won't be shipped on Feburary 7th and would email me when they get in more. Gamestop won't let me pre-order the limited edition. Are other retail stores going to stock this game? I would rather not buy a regular copy from Gamestop if possible. US version here.

I pre-ordered the CE from Best Buy with local pickup.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Hey. Does anyone think that the voice actor for the Pirate Jobmaster sound familiar? He sounds like Jim Cummings a bit, though I don't know if it is him.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Is it normal to get wrecked by the mobs right outside the city in the demo? fuckin poison and insta death aeros going around.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Aurain posted:

There's three slots but you can't save the same game on all three.

Slot 2 and Slot 3 are for new games.

I know. I have one slot full of a beaten game, and I wanted to start a new game instead of restarting, but slot 2 and 3 in the demo are greyed out and do "No" beeps when I try anyways.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

queeb posted:

Is it normal to get wrecked by the mobs right outside the city in the demo? fuckin poison and insta death aeros going around.

If you go out at night first, yes.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

queeb posted:

Those White Cait Mages shouldn't show up too often close to the City, so just stick close to there and you should only get the poisonous snakes or whatever. Make sure you stock up on some antidotes, or have a White/Red Mage with a Poisona scroll (or whichever it is that cures Poison). You might need to go back and heal after a fight or two, but once you level up a bit they won't be doing so much damage to you. Once you get enough drops for the first 2 quests, you should be at a decent level.

Try experimenting with different jobs and gear, too. It might seem a little overwhelming at first, with all the different options, but I just started off with a Knight/Ninja/Black Mage/White Mage, and only switched when I had max'd all the job levels (it maxes out at 4 in the demo).

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

irlZaphod posted:

Those White Cait Mages shouldn't show up too often close to the City, so just stick close to there and you should only get the poisonous snakes or whatever. Make sure you stock up on some antidotes, or have a White/Red Mage with a Poisona scroll (or whichever it is that cures Poison). You might need to go back and heal after a fight or two, but once you level up a bit they won't be doing so much damage to you. Once you get enough drops for the first 2 quests, you should be at a decent level.

Try experimenting with different jobs and gear, too. It might seem a little overwhelming at first, with all the different options, but I just started off with a Knight/Ninja/Black Mage/White Mage, and only switched when I had max'd all the job levels (it maxes out at 4 in the demo).

I downloaded this forever ago and just got around to playing it. The Ninja in most fights is pretty much the only person that gets any attacks off, thats how badass she is. And usually if there are enemies still standing my Red Mage finishes them off.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
This is proablably a common question, but why's NA getting a late release? Fairness? :v:

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Anatharon posted:

This is proablably a common question, but why's NA getting a late release? Fairness? :v:

Game sales tank after Black Friday until sometime around Febuary.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Last Celebration posted:

Game sales tank after Black Friday until sometime around Febuary.

This year was especially bad, according to Gamestop.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
I picked up both Bravely Default novels since they had them at a bookstore I was browsing. They look like they're going to be fun to read as they're written from Ringabel's perspective. I'm hoping they have a lot of daily interactions between the asterisk-bearers so we can see even more character development. Especially if they flesh out some of the 'what if' ideas from the later chapters like the girls' club and stuff. I wonder if Squeenix will bring the novels out in English if the games do really well? They've never published any of the Final Fantasy novels or anything, though, so I'd guess they wouldn't. Eh, who knows.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Probably not, that stuff never makes it over.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Anatharon posted:

Nintendo doesn't like to release games here in January and July because apparently they don't sell. And they don't sell in those months because they don't come out here then. It's the circle of marketing data.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I keep seeing Aeri Lies everywhere on the internet.

How ruined is the game for me?

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Quite a bit.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!

Butt Ghost posted:

I keep seeing Aeri Lies everywhere on the internet.

How ruined is the game for me?

I played an imported version of the game a while back and I just saw this coming from a mile away. The lack of empathy she has for most of the team members, especially when they're in grave danger, was a big red flag telling me that she was definitely going to turn on the gang eventually.

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

"Oh, y'know. Murder stuff."

Office Thug posted:

I played an imported version of the game a while back and I just saw this coming from a mile away. The lack of empathy she has for most of the team members, especially when they're in grave danger, was a big red flag telling me that she was definitely going to turn on the gang eventually.

It's kind of bad when people are getting spoiled before having the chance to play the actual game (demo doesn't count since it doesn't cover for the story).

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Yeah, I saw some rear end in a top hat post about that on Miiverse within the first day of it going live on 3DS. Pretty annoying. If it's any consolation, I'm in chapter 3 (of 8 I think?) and I think I would've been suspicious of that already even if I hadn't had it spoiled.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Well I just got spoiled. I thought I clicked the 3DS thread and moused over that without realizing it.

:v: This always happens to me so I guess I'm tired of being mad that I did something dumb. Still eager for the game- though I wanted to ask while I'm in the thread, I played the four heroes of light for the DS and quit at the second town for having no story and just not being too fun. I keep hearing this is a psuedo-sequel to it and while I loved the demo and I'm sure I'll have fun I'm curious about the story if it's just as non existent or what

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
The demo is just a showcase for the gameplay, the story was purposefully left out.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Did anyone else post cool GIFs like this one back on page 2?

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Well I just got spoiled. I thought I clicked the 3DS thread and moused over that without realizing it.

:v: This always happens to me so I guess I'm tired of being mad that I did something dumb. Still eager for the game- though I wanted to ask while I'm in the thread, I played the four heroes of light for the DS and quit at the second town for having no story and just not being too fun. I keep hearing this is a psuedo-sequel to it and while I loved the demo and I'm sure I'll have fun I'm curious about the story if it's just as non existent or what

Dunban posted:

The demo is just a showcase for the gameplay, the story was purposefully left out.

Done and dusted.

ManOfTheYear
Jan 5, 2013
Jesus Christ the keystone dragons are kicking my loving rear end. How do I beat them? Salamander :bang:

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

ManOfTheYear posted:

Jesus Christ the keystone dragons are kicking my loving rear end. How do I beat them? Salamander :bang:

4 Ninjas. Or come back later.

ManOfTheYear
Jan 5, 2013

FrickenMoron posted:

4 Ninjas. Or come back later.

Yeah, I managed to beat them.

Now I'm on Chapter 5, and you can imagine my surprise. And apparently the next chapters are excactly the same thing over and over again? What were they thinking? :psyduck:

I thought there was gonna be some FF5/FF6 solution with a completely new world map but this? What the hell man

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There's a bunch of new characterisation in them. You can blitz through them easily though.

though it annoys me that your party act as if they know nothing.

ManOfTheYear
Jan 5, 2013

Aurain posted:

There's a bunch of new characterisation in them. You can blitz through them easily though.

though it annoys me that your party act as if they know nothing.

Yeah, but still. It's just not fun gameplay, man.

Also, apparently there's a true ending in the game. How do I unlock it? Do the blue-marked bosses have anything to do with it? If not, why are they there? What do I get from them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I haven't got there, but I think you just keep doing what you've been asked to do.

Get the normal ending by not stopping when Airy says stop while releasing a crystal first. I agree with you that it's not fun and would have liked to see these chapters consolidated and switch up more to make it more interesting..

Bravely Second news: It's going to have a meaningful spoiler subtitle like Default. Defeats the point if we know this ahead of time, so don't be surprised if its subtitle means nothing.

• Locked thread