Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

So is that like the real noisemaster

I'm so confused

It would make sense that what we saw so far was his robotic body double or something. This explains why it's so tiny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HMS Beagle posted:

Could that be a second Disaster Master? If you look at these disaster stone pins there's one that sort of looks like a musical rest next to noise master's, and there are enough masters that there should be one kingdom that gets two, which I believe gigi has mentioned on her tumblr. Edit: Here's the tumblr post where she mentions that two of the DMs are probably hanging out together

Spoiler text is stuff from the cucumber store and gigi's tumblr.

This actually works really well. Going by the symbols, the Melody Kingdom is fairly obviously the one with two Disaster Masters. Still, this dude has 2 eyes. I don't know if it's actually confirmed everywhere but I thought all of the Disaster Masters shared the trait of having just one eye.

Jazu
Jan 1, 2006

Looking for some URANIUM? CLICK HERE
I just realized that after this is over, cucumber is going gain the power to shoot phat beats and/or sick drops out of his wand.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm thinking it's more likely that the Crystal Kingdom is the one with two DMs. Its entire theme is that it's two kingdoms in one.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Jazu posted:

I just realized that after this is over, cucumber is going gain the power to shoot phat beats and/or sick drops out of his wand.

Dubstep gun-wand.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Tollymain posted:

This actually works really well. Going by the symbols, the Melody Kingdom is fairly obviously the one with two Disaster Masters. Still, this dude has 2 eyes. I don't know if it's actually confirmed everywhere but I thought all of the Disaster Masters shared the trait of having just one eye.

No, Gigi's been repeatedly, on both twitter and tumblr, saying that that's not true. The fact that Splashmaster and Noisemaster each have one eye is coincidence.

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

So Greliz drew some Kirbcumbers

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Gooeytilus is the best thing.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
The most adorable Splashmaster. :3:

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Anyone cared to hazard a guess at the meaning of the small-print purple text appended to the Nightmare Knight's character profile yet?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Probably that he doesn't really seem that into this whole arch-villain thing.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

Drakyn posted:

Anyone cared to hazard a guess at the meaning of the small-print purple text appended to the Nightmare Knight's character profile yet?

Defeated how many times now? 999? Dude is cool and all, for a villain, but a chump.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Tenebrais posted:

That'd be my guess. It probably gets pretty old living through the monomyth over and over again.

Edit Still convinced that Saturday's real name is Sundae. The pun's too perfect.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Jan 22, 2014

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Drakyn posted:

I'm guessing it's a reference to how Double-Knight has been implied to be Actually Not That Bad from, like, a while now? This strip is just as foreboding as the good ol' shifty eyed dog in The Simpsons.

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

"Oh, y'know. Murder stuff."
Saturday and Brambleby seems to be from the flower kingdom (based on their ear design). So baseless assumption here… Would Saturday be somehow related to royalty or be a princess from the Flower kingdom? It kind of explains why she seems to have a butler from the Flower kingdom tagging along with her, too.

Please feel free to crush me like a nerd.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

HelloWinter posted:

Saturday and Brambleby seems to be from the flower kingdom (based on their ear design). So baseless assumption here… Would Saturday be somehow related to royalty or be a princess from the Flower kingdom? It kind of explains why she seems to have a butler from the Flower kingdom tagging along with her, too.

That makes a lot of sense. It'd also mean Saturday's real name is a plant name rather than a food name, which makes me sad, because Sundae is perfect.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

At any rate, it's pretty likely that when we visit the Flower Kingdom is when we'll be learning what Saturday's deal is.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

HelloWinter posted:

Her being the last princess's signature they need would be perfect and it makes so much sense it hurts.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Regy Rusty posted:

I'm thinking it's more likely that the Crystal Kingdom is the one with two DMs. Its entire theme is that it's two kingdoms in one.

It is? I didn't think we knew much of anything about the Crystal Kingdom.

And if you're looking for themes of duality...

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I was assuming everyone is familiar with the supplementary information about the kingdoms in the first CQ book. It's been discussed in the thread before.

But yeah the Crystal Kingdom is an island split in two. The west is ruled by Queen Sapphire and the east is ruled by King Ruby.

The melody kingdom's duality didn't really end up playing that much of a role in this chapter, and it's not like the two disaster masters would have been in two different locations, like they could be in the Crystal Kingdom. Of course we'll find out very soon if this large fellow is another DM, but I really doubt it.

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Jan 23, 2014

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Regy Rusty posted:

I was assuming everyone is familiar with the supplementary information about the kingdoms in the first CQ book. It's been discussed in the thread before.

But yeah the Crystal Kingdom is an island split in two. The west is ruled by Queen Sapphire and the east is ruled by King Ruby.

I've got the book, but it's been a year (?) since I've read it.

Well, looks like we've got two kingdoms that are split in two. What does it all mean?

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING

The Leper Colon V posted:

That'd be my guess. It probably gets pretty old living through the monomyth over and over again.

Edit Still convinced that Saturday's real name is Sundae. The pun's too perfect.

Hair's the right color for strawberry topping. She might be from the Donut Kingdom after all...

Edit: I took a look for the Flower Kingdom lead too, I can't seem to find any flowers explicitly named after "Saturday," but there is a "Saturn Peach".

Dr. Buttass fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Jan 23, 2014

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

Dr. Buttass posted:

"Saturn Peach".

Ran away because her jerkface dad arranged a political marriage between her and Cosmo.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Tenebrais posted:

Yeah, since it says "...But then again" after describing him as "a serious threat" kinda implies that he really just doesn't give a drat anymore.

Heavy Zed
Mar 23, 2013

Is there anything here I can swing from?
Noisemaster's partner is awfully light on his...hands considering he barely fits through the enormous door but was able to enter the room while making hardly any sound. You could say he's a master of silence.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-457/

Mm.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Regy Rusty posted:

The melody kingdom's duality didn't really end up playing that much of a role in this chapter, and it's not like the two disaster masters would have been in two different locations, like they could be in the Crystal Kingdom. Of course we'll find out very soon if this large fellow is another DM, but I really doubt it.

Mmmmmm.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Heavy Zed posted:

Noisemaster's partner is awfully light on his...hands considering he barely fits through the enormous door but was able to enter the room while making hardly any sound. You could say he's a master of silence.

Mm Mmm.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

mmmmm

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I like the title banner.

(That's this one for future thread trawlers.)

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Mutemaster is pretty adorable.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Mm.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
So I assume Mutemaster was what's in the box?

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
Cucumber's recollection of the broadcast is referring to page 350: http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-350/

Coach Sport
Jul 3, 2003
And we care about this shitty poster...why?
I'm guessing this page has something to do with Mutemaster: http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-362/
I'm really digging the different art-styles in this comic. Noisemaster is all neon and crazy, and mutemaster is apparently somber and monochrome (assuming that gray-out effect is going to be his "theme"). I'm thinking we're in for some major artistic whiplash either in this chapter or the next.

Kind of weird that Mutemaster would be buds with Noisemaster, though.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Coach Sport posted:

I'm guessing this page has something to do with Mutemaster: http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-362/
I'm really digging the different art-styles in this comic. Noisemaster is all neon and crazy, and mutemaster is apparently somber and monochrome (assuming that gray-out effect is going to be his "theme"). I'm thinking we're in for some major artistic whiplash either in this chapter or the next.

Kind of weird that Mutemaster would be buds with Noisemaster, though.

They're both inversions of Melody. Raw noise is the opposite of a beautifully composed melody--but so is dead silence.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Nautilus stop that, that is cripplingly adorable.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

General Ironicus posted:

Cucumber's recollection of the broadcast is referring to page 350: http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-350/

I was referring to the fact that whoever kidnapped Piano did so without her screaming at all, and also wasn't overpowered by her due to being the size of a housecat.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

wdarkk posted:

Maybe? The box seems too small, even though it's pretty big. Granted, I guess I'm comparing it to the way he towers over Nautilus in the most recent page, and Nautilus is shorter than Piano, but still, it seems like he'd have to be packed in there really tight to me. But hey, he's only been "onscreen" for 2 pages now, what do I know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING

wdarkk posted:

Why would it be the hulking behemoth when we've already established that Noisemaster is beyond tiny?