Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Fuego Fish posted:

Holy hell, that's a fine bowel disruptor. Make sure you can upgrade it to include some of the higher settings, like "unspeakable gut horror" and "fatal intestinal maelstrom".

Montezumas Revenge setting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!
Hopefully at least one of those settings causes enemies to jet away on a poo rocket like the deer in Castle Crashers. The bloodvomit animation that's already in Vanilla isn't far off, just needs some tweaks.

On the modding note, why aren't Bones in the standard monster drop table?

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

m.hache posted:

Montezumas Revenge setting.

"I call it Caribbean Drain-o."

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Splizwarf posted:

Hopefully at least one of those settings causes enemies to jet away on a poo rocket like the deer in Castle Crashers. The bloodvomit animation that's already in Vanilla isn't far off, just needs some tweaks.

On the modding note, why aren't Bones in the standard monster drop table?

I could have sworn they are. I was getting bones when killing monsters in deep caves (The ones with the bone walls in the area).

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Naming my next character The Prolapser

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

m.hache posted:

I could have sworn they are. I was getting bones when killing monsters in deep caves (The ones with the bone walls in the area).

There's bone shrubs in that area that drop bones if hit with a weapon.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Sometimes the Avian temples have these bone-bird-bat things, which drop bones on death.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Fuego Fish posted:

Holy hell, that's a fine bowel disruptor. Make sure you can upgrade it to include some of the higher settings, like "unspeakable gut horror" and "fatal intestinal maelstrom".
Unfortunately, I just make sprites, but if anyone wants them:

Shoehead posted:

Listen to your impulses more! :v:
I tried replacing my impulses with Sethur.

Sethur posted:

now make dogwelder kf

This is not an improvement.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Hey just a reminder to check out Molly's thread in PGS. It'd be worth your while... :ninja:

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
Is there any kind of rough ETA on the next patch? Kind of itching to get back in, but going to wait for it to hit.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Fishstick posted:

Is there any kind of rough ETA on the next patch? Kind of itching to get back in, but going to wait for it to hit.

They had mentioned likely Monday but it seems like it was postponed. I would imagine it will be live in the next few days.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

Shoehead posted:

Hey just a reminder to check out Molly's thread in PGS. It'd be worth your while... :ninja:

I've been hanging out here a while, unsure how to register for that one.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Fish Noise posted:

Well, I can't beat Shoehead on speed, so it looks like I'll just have to keep following whatever insane impulse I get when I sit down. Worked pretty well for capturing the Starbound Forums Experience in sixteen frames.

What do you have for me today, impulse?

For gently caress's sake, impulse.

With the character, the next weapon must be "The Chair Leg of Truth".

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?

Fishstick posted:

I'm guessing tomorrow, but that's based on the flimsiest of evidence.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Saw this on Reddit, thought it was pretty neat.

http://imgur.com/a/wiNx2

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

RickVoid posted:

1. Since we don't have multiple atmospheric types, basically anywhere they go, including the starting ship, is going to do damage to them unless they start with a bio-suit, at which point they might as well just have the bio-suit as their base "naked" mode.
2. By not putting up a Quarian mod that doesn't let you take off Tali's clothes we'd be denying ourselves delicious, delicious pubbie tears.

That is basically my suggestion. Quarians just have the suits as their base design, and those can be customized however. Color and little details and whatnot. Upgraded Quarian armor would cover this up entirely and thus just look like upgraded suits. Different species' gear would go on top of the bio-suits, rather than replacing it. Biker helmets and hats on top of their bio-helmets, tank tops over their suits, and so on. Though I didn't realize that it'd probably make creepy nerds complain about the inability to undress them. That's a definite bonus.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Saw this on Reddit, thought it was pretty neat.

http://imgur.com/a/wiNx2

Is this glass castle some kind of reference that I missed?

The Easy Rider
Sep 21, 2006

Corn Dogs- Deep Fried Proof Of A Loving God

Official Starbound Twitter posted:

Like @Tiyuri said— the patch has ended up being really huge in the way of engine changes and we need to make sure it doesn't contain big new problems. We'd anticipated it being ready for you guys sooner, but we need to take the time to do more testing. That said, look for the patch this weekend. Sorry, guys! It'll be worth it, though.

Looks like there is going to be a slight delay. I'm hoping that this means that it means it will have the ship expansions that were previewed a few weeks ago(https://twitter.com/Tiyuri/status/413102614692102144), especially after one of the artists posted a pretty awesome upgraded Avian ship on his twitter (http://imgur.com/Bkmef7A).

The Easy Rider fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Jan 22, 2014

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
Those are dull as heck compared to the custom-build-your-ship mods that were recommended in the "what should we add" thread.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Splizwarf posted:

Those are dull as heck compared to the custom-build-your-ship mods that were recommended in the "what should we add" thread.

Tiy has gone on record saying that he just doesn't like the look of ships built out of blocks and that's why he's not putting that feature in the game proper. I don't know what you were expecting. :shrug:

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012
Really, this way is the ideal way to do it.

If you want block ships, you can mod them in, and they work in multiplayer! Custom ship art won't work unless everyone has it downloaded.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007

Cernunnos posted:

Tiy has gone on record saying that he just doesn't like the look of ships built out of blocks and that's why he's not putting that feature in the game proper. I don't know what you were expecting. :shrug:

Well, I wasn't expecting them to get a bunch of recommendations for rad poo poo and then showcase the dull thing they're doing instead; it's a little weird. I wasn't really expecting them to add the rad poo poo, it's the "hey look at this cool thing we're doing" that's falling flat for me, that's all. It's also a bit weird that he doesn't like block ships but block house/dungeon/everything is okay, but people are people. v:v:v

Party Alarm posted:

Really, this way is the ideal way to do it.

If you want block ships, you can mod them in, and they work in multiplayer! Custom ship art won't work unless everyone has it downloaded.

I don't have any custom ship art, but I do have a ship made out of a fuckoff-huge asteroid. :colbert:

Enzer
Oct 17, 2008

Splizwarf posted:

Well, I wasn't expecting them to get a bunch of recommendations for rad poo poo and then showcase the dull thing they're doing instead; it's a little weird. I wasn't really expecting them to add the rad poo poo, it's the "hey look at this cool thing we're doing" that's falling flat for me, that's all. It's also a bit weird that he doesn't like block ships but block house/dungeon/everything is okay, but people are people. v:v:v

I remember earlier in development they played with the idea of block ships but later came to the conclusion that there were too many potential issues (probably dealing with stupid things dumb people would end up doing). Block ships are neat and all, but with ship combat and ship related upgrades being potential things in the future, I can see it being a hell of a lot easier to control that potential content if ships had a set progression using modules.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007

Enzer posted:

with ship combat and ship related upgrades being potential things in the future, I can see it being a hell of a lot easier to control that potential content if ships had a set progression using modules.

This makes sense, fair enough.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Cernunnos posted:

That would be fine, as long as we can upgrade to space stations.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray

Jackard posted:

That would be fine, as long as we can upgrade to space stations.

That's no moon.

Shnooks
Mar 24, 2007

I'M BEING BORN D:
:( I'm waiting for the upgrade to start playing again. This has probably been answered, but do you know if there will be any problems with mod compatibility after the update?

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Shnooks posted:

:( I'm waiting for the upgrade to start playing again. This has probably been answered, but do you know if there will be any problems with mod compatibility after the update?

Probably going to have to wait for mods to upgrade to the new version, yeah.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Depending on what changes though that could be just changing a modinfo file to say "upset Koala"

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Roland Jones posted:

That is basically my suggestion. Quarians just have the suits as their base design, and those can be customized however. Color and little details and whatnot. Upgraded Quarian armor would cover this up entirely and thus just look like upgraded suits. Different species' gear would go on top of the bio-suits, rather than replacing it. Biker helmets and hats on top of their bio-helmets, tank tops over their suits, and so on. Though I didn't realize that it'd probably make creepy nerds complain about the inability to undress them. That's a definite bonus.

Just imagined a Quarian running around with a helmet wedged over her bio-suit helmet, wearing football pads, and pj pants. We need to make this happen Goons.

Actually, a Mass Effect total conversion would be a neat thing. N7 armor for Humans, Biotic techs, visit the Quarian Migrant Fleet, Geth and their spike towers that convert wildlife to husks, Taurians on skateboards, Mass Relays scattered throughout the galaxy that let you travel to another system for no fuel cost, etc.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
http://community.playstarbound.com/...aystarbound.com

It's already in the works

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'd love if the ship expanded in tandem with your tier upgrades. So when you unlock the new starmap your ship upgrades as well to weather the new frontiers.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
I'd rather you had the option to add it to the ship. Maybe have some kind of automatic 'Feed me the materials and go to sleep and you're gonna wake up to an expanded ship' kind of thing. With obligatory blacking out so you don't have new ship bits popping into existence.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
What's that, impulse? The Lawgiver, you say? But which version, there's like four or something. All of them? Okay.

Here's Joe to present to Lawgiver.

quote:

I am the law!

Wait I only needed one of y-

quote:

I AM THE LAW I AM THE LAW I AM THE LAW I AM THE LAW IAMTHELAWIAMTHELAWIAMTHELAWIAMTHELAWIAMTHELAW

Oh dear.

quote:

I AM THE NIGHT

quote:

:frogout:

I am done listening to you, impulse.

Fish Noise fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Jan 22, 2014

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Fish Noise posted:

You drat well better not be. :allears:

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Fish Noise posted:

What's that, impulse? The Lawgiver, you say? But which version, there's like four or something. All of them? Okay.

Oh dear.

:allears:

It's even better than I imagined.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Well, I am using Judge Dredd all the time now.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

RickVoid posted:

Just imagined a Quarian running around with a helmet wedged over her bio-suit helmet, wearing football pads, and pj pants. We need to make this happen Goons.

Actually, a Mass Effect total conversion would be a neat thing. N7 armor for Humans, Biotic techs, visit the Quarian Migrant Fleet, Geth and their spike towers that convert wildlife to husks, Taurians on skateboards, Mass Relays scattered throughout the galaxy that let you travel to another system for no fuel cost, etc.

Plot works for Quarians too. You're on your Pilgrimage, go hog wild!

And blow up penguins while wearing a cowboy hat over your helmet.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Fish Noise posted:

My brother doesn't play and isn't really interested in starbound, but he has a huge boner for Dredd. So I need to show this to him ASAP :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

Fish Noise posted:

Oh dear.

That's amazing and I love you so much for doing that.

• Locked thread