Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Monster w21 Faces posted:

EDIT: Matt just confirmed the best news.

I look forward to more pathfinder as well, but i really know better than to read "hopefully soon" as "confirmed best news". Pathfinder has been "hopefully soon (as we get the crew together)" since day 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
I can't believe they show their faces in mailbag videos, I'm here for the content, not a dumb facecam!

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Box City is no more. :smith:

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Have they still not had a sale on memberships?

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

hitze posted:

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/general-discussion-30/pax-store-membership-codes-1451036/

I forget which one but one of those $15 off codes worked on Saturday for me.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

hitze posted:

No, I caved and bought one and now have a $15 Voucher for a shirt sitting in my inbox.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Dang I didn't know Patrick played for over 5 hours straight yesterday. It's on his Youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTyApJCt-eQ

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Yeah, he streamed it on the main site, it was entertaining as hell.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

Its a shame that patrick only came into his own after he moved away.

also
He came into his own a couple months before he moved. The Iceland trip was the key moment imo.

rudds
Aug 14, 2013

Did somebody say DOTA?

Daius posted:

I agree, Daily Dota is not nearly daily enough

I mostly quit doing it because it was starting to feel too self-indulgent. While I'd love a reason to play Dota at work every day, the time I was burning on it didn't seem worth the level of interest from the audience (though that might be my own self-defeating paranoia talking). If enough people actually want it to come back, I'd love to at least do it weekly if not more often. Sadly we've lost Kessler to the corporate void, so filling the lineup is a bit harder than it used to be.

We were also trying to find a way to stream from the perspectives of everyone on the team so it isn't as boring when I'm playing a farm-dependent hero or having a lovely lane, but directed spectator is on the two-minute delay (problematic for syncing voice chat), and coach's mode requires someone else to sit on a second PC and manually spectate, which ain't gonna happen. Haven't come up with any other ideas for that yet.

KoB
May 1, 2009

rudds posted:

the time I was burning on it didn't seem worth the level of interest from the audience (though that might be my own self-defeating paranoia talking).

Youve got to have plenty of data on how many people watch the videos dont you?

e: unless you mean live viewers.

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

rudds posted:

I mostly quit doing it because it was starting to feel too self-indulgent. While I'd love a reason to play Dota at work every day, the time I was burning on it didn't seem worth the level of interest from the audience (though that might be my own self-defeating paranoia talking). If enough people actually want it to come back, I'd love to at least do it weekly if not more often. Sadly we've lost Kessler to the corporate void, so filling the lineup is a bit harder than it used to be.

We were also trying to find a way to stream from the perspectives of everyone on the team so it isn't as boring when I'm playing a farm-dependent hero or having a lovely lane, but directed spectator is on the two-minute delay (problematic for syncing voice chat), and coach's mode requires someone else to sit on a second PC and manually spectate, which ain't gonna happen. Haven't come up with any other ideas for that yet.

Ever consider doing post-commentary on notable replays like the one you talked about on the last podcast? I like Daily Dota but a lot gets lost on me.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

rudds posted:

Please replace daily dota with daily demons souls tia

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken

rudds posted:

Use a coach and just set it to follow Crispy and record that, honestly.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

rudds posted:

You definitely need to get someone to just spectate the games on directed camera for sure. That would be really cool, but it would be hard to splice in your audio since spectating is on a delay.

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"
"What the fuck is this?!"

rudds posted:

I love daily DOTA. I don't think it's self indulgent. A lot of the fun that is Giant Bomb is seeing and sharing everyone's passions for both good and bad games. If you enjoy DOTA you should play it and stream it. We will watch it.

KoB
May 1, 2009
You should get Jeff and Vinny to make fake commentary over it.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

KoB posted:

"What a season, what a season!"

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

KoB posted:

I would watch it if this happened.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Rhonne posted:

Box City is no more. :smith:

Box City has gone to that big firey creek in the sky. :unsmith:

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Mu Zeta posted:

I would watch it if this happened.
That starcraft 2 show match was the best esports i've ever seen

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

The REAL Goobusters posted:

You definitely need to get someone to just spectate the games on directed camera for sure. That would be really cool, but it would be hard to splice in your audio since spectating is on a delay.

The problem with spectating dota is with the 2 minute delay on spectating the only way to do it well is to record audio then record a separate viewing of a replay and sync the two up which is a terrible solution that would take twice as long. Honestly I think the daily dota is fine the way it is. I don't think anyone expects anything more then a quick match or two thrown together with a loose skype call. As someone who has played maybe 2 successful games of dota that haven't been ruined by an idiot I know I certainly don't expect much beyond a light game or two.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

rudds posted:

I like Dota, but the Daily Dota doesn't have any growth. Look at Patrick Playing Spelunky: He's getting better, he's learning, there's very clear progression about how he's going from Novice to Full on Spelunker.

Daily Dota you might learn one aspect, but since there's no real development it's just Dota followed up by... more Dota. If there was more structure it could be good content, but there isn't really a reason for me to watch the Daily Dota for anything more than occasional "Watch something goofy then Crispy carry" game.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

KoB posted:

I don't think Jeff would even do this at gunpoint

Barent
Jun 15, 2007

Never die in vain.
Yeah dude if you really enjoy Dota just stream it. Even if people don't like it they don't have to watch it. I enjoy watching Daily Dota, you and your crew are really entertaining.

Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

It doesn't matter now, come on get happy

Hace posted:

I don't think Jeff would even do this at gunpoint

They did it for Starcraft 2 a while ago, and it was funny for the ~20-30 minutes the segment ran. I don't think it's the sort of joke that stays funny much beyond that.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

gallilee posted:

YAY More Giant bomb video content....

Oh, Spelunky, AGAIN. Just like every other site out there on the internet. Lovely

Yes they really should be covering all these hot games coming out like Chess 2 and Dragonball Z the battle of Z.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
I'm glad you stopped because DOTA continues to be the worst.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

uPen posted:

Yes they really should be covering all these hot games coming out like Chess 2 and Dragonball Z the battle of Z.

I for one have always enjoyed the DBZ game quick looks.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

uPen posted:

I am always down to hear some Hot DBZ knowledge dropped.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

uPen posted:

Like the other guy said, they could cover some older games if they're interested in playing them. BioForge became a huge hit and there's no need to go nuts with face cams and production and stuff, we all love it when it's just some dudes talking over a videogame.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

DBZ over Dota and Spelunky any day.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

I could get behind the daily dragonball. :colbert:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Still waiting for that Saltybet session.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

Liquid Penguins fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Apr 6, 2015

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

uPen posted:

With Unfinished we have Full Mojo Rampage ( a better Binding of Isaac ), Coin Crypt, Doorkickers, Xenonauts, and a few others coming within the next 3-4 months that could use a look. That's not even counting stuff like Steam Marines, Space Engineers, Akaneiro, Original Sin, Zomboid, Grim Dawn, Blackguards, Dungeon Dashers, Legends of Eisenwald, Wasteland 2, NEO Scavenger, Spacebase, or Dungeon of the Endless. Or Rust/Day Z/7 Days to Die, which belong to a genre they could spend a bit more time exploring.

Or Banner Saga/Broken Age.

Or hell, throwing up some I Love Mondays again using lovely cameras and just having them all admit nothing is coming out they are interested in.

Or daily dotes, or another Pathfinder, or more Demon Souls, or gently caress, Jeff beats Metal Gear Revengeance on Revengeance mode because he's got the skill for it. Or Brad beats it on Revengeance mode because ha ha Brad is bad at video games guys/challenge mode. Or go back and cover the games they missed from last year ( this'd be a perfect way to deal with January issues ), or go back and play another really old game like Bioforge. Or a loving daily Sportsfriends/Windjammers.

I'm not actually listing things for them to do, as I expect they are actually really busy right now with budget meetings and trying to set up for the new fiscal year, plus a mix of holiday funk/nothing big coming out. But saying there isn't anything they could be doing game related is silly, they are likely just spending all their time right now working on the backend.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
Jeff just tweeted about Tim Schafer and Greg Rice swinging by the office so there's probably some Broken Age coverage coming soon.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

Please replace daily dota with daily demons souls tia

I can get behind this. Demon's Souls doesn't have any mid-level checkpoints and the only real form of that is when you unlock the shortcut. So playing it once a week or so is harder to do than Dark Souls.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

Liquid Penguins posted:

I had no idea kessler left. Maybe daily dota is tolerable now, I should give it another shot.

Working at Sony basically means you don't get to show up on anything anymore, ex-1UP'ers Shane Bettenhausen disappeared from all podcasts after he went there and Nick Suttner is only on the official Sony podcast now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Rookersh posted:

Wasteland 2

Wait, that came out?

• Locked thread