Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I call all tissues Kleenex

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

haha karl's voice over for machu picchu is just about the funniest loving thing

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

Crow Jane posted:

I call all tissues Kleenex

I call adhesive bandages band aids. How do I repent?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

nintendo tapes

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

detectivemonkey posted:

I call adhesive bandages band aids. How do I repent?

Start calling them plasters.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

poopkitty posted:

Also, I love the broadway DVD of "Into The Woods." Bernadette Peters owns. Now it's in my head, thanks, Nessa.

You're welcome. We really just did the opening song. We had to audition for Cinderella's part by listening to an old cassette tape where we couldn't understand what she was saying and then sing the part from the stage. We didn't have any microphones, so whoever could be heard from the other side of the theatre got the part. I was the only one who could be heard, but the teacher couldn't make out the words, so she took the part herself. I didn't even know most of the words! We weren't given a script until afterwards.

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

amarantinesky fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Apr 4, 2014

Zeth
Dec 28, 2006

Cluck you say?
Buglord
gently caress I missed dark souls talk, that game ate months of my life. Months. Its like five bux on xbl right now and I think I'm gonna buy it a second time if I can badger my roommate into getting it too.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

My boyfriend made pan-fried pierogies in a sage brown butter with sauteed mushrooms, kale and carmelized onions for dinner

It owned

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Crow Jane posted:

My boyfriend made pan-fried pierogies in a sage brown butter with sauteed mushrooms, kale and carmelized onions for dinner

It owned

fffffffuck that sounds amazing

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

NecroMonster posted:

fffffffuck that sounds amazing

For not being Polish, the dude knows his way around a pierogi

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

amarantinesky posted:

Cola? Pop? What is wrong with you people?!

People from PA don't say "warder." :colbert: It's more like wooder. Actually I suck at phonetic spelling so you just need to come here and appreciate it in person.

An elementary school teacher made me feel really bad about saying water oddly, so I pronounce it like all you boring people, but somehow I still retained my accent for watermelon and water ice.

Also the parts of the country that don't have a word for when it's raining and sunny at the same time or for the night before Halloween are just crazy.

e: if I got rid of people I'm not really friends with on facebook then I wouldn't have any friends. Besides, I want to know what's happening to my old friends even if it's depressing. My final reason is that they post a lot of good links.

Yeah, the way I say it is like the PA way with an "r". A Baltimore accent is weird because it only affects a few random words.

Also I say "Bawl-mer" and when people ask where I'm from I have to try really hard to pronounce it right.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
My accent is all jacked up. I'm a New Englander (halfway between Boston and Providence, so that's fun) who lived in California for 17 years and now lives in Japan. With a Texan. (Although he has NO accent.)

When I go home my NE accent comes back with a vengeance, but only when I'm home. And I'm moving to Texas to settle down for good in May/June of 2016.

Zeth
Dec 28, 2006

Cluck you say?
Buglord
When I was really little we called it fizzy stuff. Later we sort of waffled between calling it pop and soda. I'm not sure which is the normal term from the Chicago area. Now I call it soda, not sure why I settled on that one.

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

amarantinesky fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Apr 4, 2014

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

amarantinesky posted:

Texas is hot and they don't get snow days with a foot of snow :colbert: Mostly I'm just afraid of the enormous bugs, though :( and republicans

The enormous bugs in Japan are WAY worse. Or Australia.

But the cost of living in TX is amazing. I would move back to MA in a heartbeat if I could afford and mortgage and food, but that aint gonna happen.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Ohio's more like purgatory. It's too boring to really be hell

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i have just discovered that it's legal to keep foxes as pets in australia and that there's a fox rescue in sydney that trains orphaned kits to be adopted by families

i have a new goal in life

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

amarantinesky fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Apr 4, 2014

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

You don't want a fox for a pet. Smelliest poop ever. And foxes themselves are really funky smelling. Great animals, but oh so smelly.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

I wonder if raccoons make good pets. I kinda want a raccoon

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
I would like a fox please. Also a tanuki. There is a tanuki who lives in my parking garage and I feed him cat food.

And by that I mean I leave food for the stray cats and Tanuki-san eats it too, but it's okay because he's fat and cute.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Crow Jane posted:

I wonder if raccoons make good pets. I kinda want a raccoon

Racoons are assholes. My uncle had one named Rocky (super creative) and he was a jerk.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
confession: i am a raccoon

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Avshalom posted:

confession: i am a raccoon

no, you're a clefairy with a man's face

Tjadeth
Sep 16, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
VOLUNTEER
:nyan:

This map says a lot, but I am not sure about what

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

Tjadeth posted:

it says that i'm moving to oregon

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Tjadeth posted:

What if you had a raccoon and you had to move to a no-raccoon state? :ohdear:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Tjadeth posted:

Raccoons are like smarter, stronger weasels. One of the few animals at the children's zoo I could feel oozing malice. The weasels stunk far worse but didn't seem to be actively trying to kill me.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Tjadeth posted:

Illegal in Tennessee? Its the state animal for gods sake!

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

LingcodKilla posted:

Raccoons are like smarter, stronger weasels. One of the few animals at the children's zoo I could feel oozing malice. The weasels stunk far worse but didn't seem to be actively trying to kill me.

Such malice

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012
My father in law has a humane raccoon trap. While we were staying there he caught a whole family minus the youngest and they stayed in the cage in the garage until he took them to the park to release them. The baby kept trying to get into the cage :3:

a dozen swans
Aug 24, 2012
There's a raccoon family at my university (mom&four kids) and they just don't give a poo poo about people because all the stupid first-years give them food and so you can be late because the loving raccoon family are blocking a stairwell or something (do not gently caress with raccoons)

grapey
Oct 10, 2012
Ladythread, I saw the Valentine's candy in Target tonight and bought a tiny tiny box heart with three chocolates inside ... I ate one and thought, this is too sweet--I feel sick. I can't eat anymore.

I AM AMAZING

Zeth
Dec 28, 2006

Cluck you say?
Buglord
Man gently caress raccoons, back in 2007 a tree hit part of my parents house and left a hole n the roof that my dad never got properly fixed and raccoons kept getting in. It was over an addition so they couldn't get into the house proper but they could get right next to my room and were noisy as gently caress and this went on for effing years. Dad would rent traps and catch them and truck them out to a nearby forest preserve but more always came. I still don't know if he ever got that roof truly fixed. Probably not. He hadn't when I moved out two years ago.

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~
raccoon facts: they have tiny gross human hands

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
are racoons totally fat or do they just have really big skin?

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

pixelbaron posted:

raccoon facts: they have tiny gross human hands

They're not gross, they wash them frequently :3:

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~
yeah in the stank water that collects at the bottom of garbage cans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

Zeth posted:

Man gently caress raccoons, back in 2007 a tree hit part of my parents house and left a hole n the roof that my dad never got properly fixed and raccoons kept getting in. It was over an addition so they couldn't get into the house proper but they could get right next to my room and were noisy as gently caress and this went on for effing years. Dad would rent traps and catch them and truck them out to a nearby forest preserve but more always came. I still don't know if he ever got that roof truly fixed. Probably not. He hadn't when I moved out two years ago.

i think your blame here might be slightly misplaced

• Locked thread