Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

pixelbaron posted:

yeah in the stank water that collects at the bottom of garbage cans

Still probably more hygienic than some goons

A raccoon wouldn't stand for cheeto dust on his paws

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

back when I was in 4H we did a summer camp thing at this one campsite every year and there was this huge raccoon that lived there named rabies :3:

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME
Yeah, I like them and their little faces and their tiny weird hands. My boyfriend wants one as a pet, but he comes from the South.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Avshalom posted:

the men are skeezy but they don't give me anything in return

loving cheapskates

I give you the gift of friendship. Also gently caress I deleted all my other quote quoting from everyone in the thread.

Poop kitty: Eve is bronies in space but instead of ponies its space ships they obsess over.

Avs: poo poo sucks horoscopes are great though because they are written with a godly vagueness that anyone who reads it could interpret it as applying to them.

Okay now lady thread I need some advice. My new neighbor just moved in like 24 hours ago. And I was planning on introducing myself last night / today as they live right next to me. I am now however terrified to do so.

As throughout the day at random times I will hear her in the thralls of passion moaning so loud the whole apartment can hear. (It actually got some dogs outside to start barking at one point).

Now the thing is they're studio apartments, the walls aren't exactly paper thin, and I haven't heard anyone but her from the apartment. Shes done this like 5 times so far today and there isn't any way she doesn't know everyone can hear her. I've played some music stomped around the kitchen a bit and talked loudly while on the phone to kind of make the point the walls aren't thick here.

How the hell do I handle this? I mean sure I can understand having sex with or without others everyone does it, but its like all day long. What the hell is she doing in there? I haven't seen or heard anyone come and go and I live right next to the front door to the building so I hear everyone come and go. I'm terrified to go knock and say hello because now its like "Hi I'm your neighbor! I HEAR EVERYTHING." My initial thought was to say "Hi I'm your neighbor the walls here aren't exactly the thickest, so if I get too loud let me know, and I'll keep it down." But I think I'm beyond that now. I may still try that approach, but I mean holy poo poo. Who has time to get off / have sex that many times in a day? Especially not the weekend?

Thoughts on how to handle this? I'm thinking I may just walk out the door to "check my mail" at the same time they start to leave to introduce myself to avoid going over knocking on the door mid their whatever they're doing at random throughout the day.

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~
raccoon facts: the female raccoon will carry around her raccoon egg sac in her tiny creepy hands till her babies are born and then the millions of tiny raccoon babies will pile onto her back and stay there until they develop

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics

pixelbaron posted:

raccoon facts: the female raccoon will carry around her raccoon egg sac in her tiny creepy hands till her babies are born and then the millions of tiny raccoon babies will pile onto her back and stay there until they develop

hosed up if true

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Al Borland posted:

I give you the gift of friendship. Also gently caress I deleted all my other quote quoting from everyone in the thread.

Poop kitty: Eve is bronies in space but instead of ponies its space ships they obsess over.

Avs: poo poo sucks horoscopes are great though because they are written with a godly vagueness that anyone who reads it could interpret it as applying to them.

Okay now lady thread I need some advice. My new neighbor just moved in like 24 hours ago. And I was planning on introducing myself last night / today as they live right next to me. I am now however terrified to do so.

As throughout the day at random times I will hear her in the thralls of passion moaning so loud the whole apartment can hear. (It actually got some dogs outside to start barking at one point).

Now the thing is they're studio apartments, the walls aren't exactly paper thin, and I haven't heard anyone but her from the apartment. Shes done this like 5 times so far today and there isn't any way she doesn't know everyone can hear her. I've played some music stomped around the kitchen a bit and talked loudly while on the phone to kind of make the point the walls aren't thick here.

How the hell do I handle this? I mean sure I can understand having sex with or without others everyone does it, but its like all day long. What the hell is she doing in there? I haven't seen or heard anyone come and go and I live right next to the front door to the building so I hear everyone come and go. I'm terrified to go knock and say hello because now its like "Hi I'm your neighbor! I HEAR EVERYTHING." My initial thought was to say "Hi I'm your neighbor the walls here aren't exactly the thickest, so if I get too loud let me know, and I'll keep it down." But I think I'm beyond that now. I may still try that approach, but I mean holy poo poo. Who has time to get off / have sex that many times in a day? Especially not the weekend?

Thoughts on how to handle this? I'm thinking I may just walk out the door to "check my mail" at the same time they start to leave to introduce myself to avoid going over knocking on the door mid their whatever they're doing at random throughout the day.

Possibly a cam girl? Girl gotta make them stacks leave her alone.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

LingcodKilla posted:

Possibly a cam girl? Girl gotta make them stacks leave her alone.

I can respect that.

Here's the thing though. She has a sound system, that can go up fairly loud I've heard it. She chooses to leave it off while doing her coitus.

Also if men could make money doing camming I probably would have no shame and do it myself.

Alas, unless I dress up as a girl and put things in my butt for creepy old men that will never happen.

E:

glandmine posted:

hosed up if true

I can vouch for it. We had a family living under our patio furniture set back at my parent's place throughout the winter.

We opened it up when spring was coming and pulled off all the covers and like 8 raccoons came rushing out. We had to use a garden hose to chase them all away and off the deck. Scared the living crap out of my mom.

Al Borland fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jan 22, 2014

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~
coitus in the walls by hp lovecraft

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

pixelbaron posted:

coitus in the walls by hp lovecraft

Funny story, this place used to be a brothel. SO it could be brothel ghosts and not my neighbor. Probably not.

The Tell-tale Coitus by Edgar Allen Poe.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Al Borland posted:

Alas, unless I dress up as a girl and put things in my butt for creepy old men that will never happen.

Go next door dressed up with a cuke in your butt (English or Japanese, they're smaller.) Tell her you're a cam girl so sorry if you're loud. :colbert:

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

poopkitty posted:

Go next door dressed up with a cuke in your butt (English or Japanese, they're smaller.) Tell her you're a cam girl so sorry if you're loud. :colbert:

I almost want to.

E: also what is a cuke all I could find is its some kind of cucumber is this correct?

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
could you not just be like 'yo hi I live next door.' and after that instead of acting like a normal person you just do judgement eyes/smirking/pantomime getting slammed?

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Unless your neighbor is a complete child, a noticeable tap on the wall should do a lot. Neither of you need ever mention it again

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
the telltale cooch

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

it seems i a m your neighbor :smaug:

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012
The fall of the house of gusher

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

it seems i a m your neighbor :smaug:

Okay I'll be over dressed in drag with a cuke up my butt in the hour.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Oh god creepy wind snoring cat and barren streets again

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

UnnaturalSELECTION posted:

Oh god creepy wind snoring cat and barren streets again

wind snoring cat?

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

Al Borland posted:

wind snoring cat?

Is your cat causing this wind? Pls wake him up.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

detectivemonkey posted:

The fall of the house of gusher

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

detectivemonkey posted:

Better be careful he may have sleep catnia!

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012
LADY POLL (although anyone else can answer too): what climate are you in/where is your thermostat? I had to turn mine from 64 to 68 due to possible freezing of husband. It's 62 at night, though, and 64 while we are at work.

I once asked this to my ESL conversation group and everyone said low 70s/high 60s and this guy from
Morocco was like 78.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

detectivemonkey posted:

The combination of the ghostly wind and my fat cat snoring is really eerie drat

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

detectivemonkey posted:

LADY POLL (although anyone else can answer too): what climate are you in/where is your thermostat? I had to turn mine from 64 to 68 due to possible freezing of husband. It's 62 at night, though, and 64 while we are at work.

I once asked this to my ESL conversation group and everyone said low 70s/high 60s and this guy from
Morocco was like 78.

Im in Chicago, it is 10F or lower here. I don't have a thermostat and the building's radiator doesn't kick in nearly enough. I'm robed, clothed, wearing socks slippers and still freezing my rear end off.

I have taken to heating the oven up and opening it up to try and get warmth to fill my apartment. As well as taking aluminum foil and building a vent hood around my radiator that i connected a fan to to summon heat towards me when it does grace me by turning on.

Its like 50 or lower in here.

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

UnnaturalSELECTION posted:

The combination of the ghostly wind and my fat cat snoring is really eerie drat

I'm in an end-unit townhouse and the gap between my house and my neighbor's house is some sort of mega wind tunnel. It is horrifying, so I feel for you. Also I have a cat curled up with me but she is not snoring (yet).

grapey
Oct 10, 2012
65 F at night and when we're not here, 70 when we're chilling in the evenings after work or on weekends

Oops: Rocky Mountains, so sometimes freezing cold, sometimes 60 degrees

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

detectivemonkey posted:

Morocco was like 78.

It's like 4C/40F outside and my thermostat is set to 22C/70F. I'm terrible at the F/C conversion, so even though 22 is a little high, I have to have it at an even # and 20 is too low.

E: I also do not pay for heat (electric) and if I did I would likely keep it lower.

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

Al Borland posted:

Im in Chicago, it is 10F or lower here. I don't have a thermostat and the building's radiator doesn't kick in nearly enough. I'm robed, clothed, wearing socks slippers and still freezing my rear end off.

I have taken to heating the oven up and opening it up to try and get warmth to fill my apartment. As well as taking aluminum foil and building a vent hood around my radiator that i connected a fan to to summon heat towards me when it does grace me by turning on.

Its like 50 or lower in here.

New theory: your new roommate is having constant sex because that's the only way she can keep warm.

I hate that type of house-weather because you just want to bake bread all day as an excuse to keep the oven on, but there's no way the bread will rise :(

grapey
Oct 10, 2012
Al Borland, maybe your neighbor saw you through the peephole/curtain, thinks you're cute, and is now seducing you with her loud ladygroans

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

grapey posted:

Al Borland, maybe your neighbor saw you through the peephole/curtain, thinks you're cute, and is now seducing you with her loud ladygroans

Oh i think they definitely saw me Takin out the trash all manly lookin in my yellow t shirt with an Octopus on it.

I was singing radar love in the shower too.

detectivemonkey posted:

New theory: your new roommate is having constant sex because that's the only way she can keep warm.

I hate that type of house-weather because you just want to bake bread all day as an excuse to keep the oven on, but there's no way the bread will rise :(

I agree with your theory and holy poo poo i've baked 3 loaves of bread so far. I keep the dough warm in the oven. Preheat it to 250 and turn it off after i put the bread in.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

I live in a duplex with big old iron radiators. My neighbors control the heat (it's a really old house and the set-up is kind of odd), but whatever they have it at seems fine. I think it's around 65 degrees? We have a space heater for super-cold nights, most of the time we just wear layers or build nests of blankets

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

Crow Jane posted:

I live in a duplex with big old iron radiators. My neighbors control the heat (it's a really old house and the set-up is kind of odd), but whatever they have it at seems fine. I think it's around 65 degrees? We have a space heater for super-cold nights, most of the time we just wear layers or build nests of blankets

A couple years ago we decided that we could keep the heat up or just buy these awesome fuzzy blankets from target. We chose the latter and that investment has paid off. There is one in every room of the house and they are amazing.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Crow Jane posted:

yeah in bed is fine for me. I have plenty of blankets. out of it is intolerable. My bathroom is at least 40.

I think the thermostat is in the basement I'm tempted to go down there and find it. I've gone down there before because I am on a single 15Amp breaker and if you run the toaster and the convection oven at the same time.. POP! So yeah there's that being the reason I don't have a space heater.

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

detectivemonkey posted:

Morocco was like 78.

I'm in Texas and it's 31 right now. I don't really have a thermostat, my house only has one gas space heater. I've got it blasting and it's only got the temp up to 64 which is way too cold for me; I'd prefer 70+. I generally don't use the heater at night unless it's just ridiculously cold, I just worry about something bad happening when I'm sleeping.

grapey
Oct 10, 2012
My down comforter used to keep me toasty at night even if the heat was off, but now that I'm losing my fatty fat fat I have to pile on more blankets. But I refuse to wear pajama pants to bed. I can't sleep in pants.

grapey
Oct 10, 2012

t_violet posted:

I'm in Texas and it's 31 right now. I don't really have a thermostat, my house only has one gas space heater. I've got it blasting and it's only got the temp up to 64 which is way too cold for me; I'd prefer 70+. I generally don't use the heater at night unless it's just ridiculously cold, I just worry about something bad happening when I'm sleeping.

Well, at least you'd wake up warm

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

amarantinesky fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Apr 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeth
Dec 28, 2006

Cluck you say?
Buglord

toe knee hand posted:

i think your blame here might be slightly misplaced

Yeah I know and I am p mad at my dad for being all :effort: about home maintenance but you can't really control unbridled fury and dad wasnt the one sitting in the wall going scritch scritch scritch all night long

• Locked thread