Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Seki 45 :dance:

At long last, Yokoi openly participates and interacts with Seki.

It has begun :unsmigghh:

The first pages of this made me smile, and by the end I just had this huge sappy grin. What a lovely chapter. How come this comic can entertain with the same kind of silly joke, so well, every single time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
The next chapter is double length and features a lot of Goto-san.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Ahaha, Joking Panda - Seki Co (c) :allears:

L-O-N
Sep 13, 2004

Pillbug
Did you think Zai x 10 would be done after 10 chapters?

Nope.

So all the girls in previous arcs were magical girls?

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

L-O-N posted:

Did you think Zai x 10 would be done after 10 chapters?

Nope.

So all the girls in previous arcs were magical girls?

Well, I suppose that explains :geno:-cop.

coathat
May 21, 2007

I forgot to post tchapter 4 of Girl and Car so here it is. https://www.mangabox.me/reader/GirlandCarontheBeat/ Friends are a wonderful thing.

There's gonna be a new one Thursday morning too so keep your eyese peeled.

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~
It seems like Mangabox dosn't really care much about readers using PCs--their mobile apps're the only way to read in-between issues, and the website is awfully barebones in general.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
New Seki kun

Oh Goutou :allears:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Holy poo poo, an extra double-length chapter of Gotoh. Perfect!! Also, Seki's surreal little games were great in this chapter as well. It would've been entertaining even without Gotoh, but with Gotoh it just catapults the fun into the stratosphere.

Gotoh's hair is the best when her brain overheats-- look at it go!! I imagine it making cranking noises.

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Jan 16, 2014

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gotou's imagination (and pigtails) are the best thing in this series.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Two new chapters of Centaur's Worries just went up. The Antarcticans are up to something, but what???

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
That was certainly some mood whiplash between the two chapters.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
The first two chapters of Mokuyoubi no Furutto just got translated. Pretty funny.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

tonberrytoby posted:

The first two chapters of Mokuyoubi no Furutto just got translated. Pretty funny.

Whoa! Is this by the same author as the one who did And Yet The Town Keeps Turning?

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

I bought that by accident ages ago because I thought it was a And Yet The Town Keeps Turning spinoff, and never bothered to read it when I learned it wasn't. I think I've just been convinced to go read it now though!

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Nipponophile posted:

Two new chapters of Centaur's Worries just went up. The Antarcticans are up to something, but what???

Um, excuse me, a group that happens to include a pair of Antarcticans are up to something. Check your mammal privileges :colbert:

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
New Jyoshikausei, no fanservice in this one, just funny.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

3 more chapters of Centaur's Worries are out.
chapter 41:stare: Art is pretty serious stuff.
42: :psyduck:thanks obama

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

tonberrytoby posted:

3 more chapters of Centaur's Worries are out.
chapter 41:stare: Art is pretty serious stuff.
42: :psyduck:thanks obama

I kind of skipped this one because I read a couple early chapters and thought it was a bit sleazy... kind of like "moe fanservice, but with kemonomimi girls". But then I read chapter 42 on a whim and read about a Kansas corn farmer thanking Centaur Obama for national healthcare, and then loving ALIEN ABDUCTION / SHOTGUN ACTION out of nowhere! :stonk:

I guess there was a lot more to this than I thought! Gonna have to read the rest of it!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
The first chapter is just so incredibly bad.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It's pretty schizophrenic (in a good way, I suppose). Lots of chapters are just full of random non-sequitur poo poo, kind of like Soredemo Machi I suppose. But with centaurs/angels/devils/lizardpeople. Guess you could say it fits the thread.

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013
Couple of things:

First I know some people have been enjoying Kumamiko so I figured I'd give an update. You may have noticed the quality of the last chapter was a bit better than usual. That's because the friendly people at Overload Scans offered to help out with it. They prefer to work with volume scans rather than magazine scans for various reasons (not least of which is that the magazine scans for the latest chapters are pretty low quality). The upside to this is they plan to scan volume two themselves which should result in consistent high-quality (well, except for the translation :cheeky:)chapters going forward. The downside is that it will probably be sometime in the summer before that happens. However the current plan is to release chapters steadily to bridge the gap between volumes. So basically once releases start again they should hopefully keep on steadily from that point on.

Secondly, I've started working on a new project: Mikake no Nijuusei. It's a short, but complete, seven chapter series from the author of Dainana Joshikai Houkou, which has been brought up in this thread before. And like that manga MnN is equal parts comedy and weird science with just a bit of heartwarming on top. It's about a girl who gets duplicated by a mad scientist and the effects this has on her life(s). If you don't think it's quite surreal enough from the first chapter keep reading ;)

I intended to make a separate thread for it but it looks like the plan is for a new chapter every two weeks so I'm not sure if it's better to wait for a few chapters until there's more to discuss or not, since the first chapter isn't much to go on. But hopefully people here enjoy it in the meantime.

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

Joshlemagne posted:

Secondly, I've started working on a new project: Mikake no Nijuusei. It's a short, but complete, seven chapter series from the author of Dainana Joshikai Houkou, which has been brought up in this thread before. And like that manga MnN is equal parts comedy and weird science with just a bit of heartwarming on top. It's about a girl who gets duplicated by a mad scientist and the effects this has on her life(s). If you don't think it's quite surreal enough from the first chapter keep reading ;)

I intended to make a separate thread for it but it looks like the plan is for a new chapter every two weeks so I'm not sure if it's better to wait for a few chapters until there's more to discuss or not, since the first chapter isn't much to go on. But hopefully people here enjoy it in the meantime.

thanks a lot for this, the author really has great style, nice to see our favourite genre going strong

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Joshlemagne posted:

Thanks for bringing these great little series to us! Your translation work is great!

Mikake no Nijusei definitely fits this thread -- it's exactly the kind of thing I was looking for, almost like a story out of Calvin and Hobbes turned into a manga series (you know, the one with the Duplicator)!

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

DrSunshine posted:

like a story out of Calvin and Hobbes turned into a manga series (you know, the one with the Duplicator)!

I hadn't thought about it that way but I think you're right. The author seems to have a similar interest in goofy science with the occasional weird monster thrown in. Maybe that's why I like her stuff so much.

coathat
May 21, 2007

Chapter 6 of Girl and Car gets a little spooky. https://www.mangabox.me/reader/GirlandCarontheBeat/

Oh and Seki-kun just got liscensed by Vertical.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Flying Witch updated.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gakkou Gurashi updated. Why do those translators always end on cliffhangers.

.Clash
Apr 10, 2009

tonberrytoby posted:

Gakkou Gurashi updated. Why do those translators always end on cliffhangers.

At least they put this all out at once, could have been worse. :ohdear:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
There's a new chapter of that weird vampire/alien manga: Jitsu wa Watashi wa 11.

Not...quite sure what to think of this development.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

There's a new chapter of that weird vampire/alien manga: Jitsu wa Watashi wa 11.

Haha! "Such a wolfman-like man... can't possibly be a wolfman!!"

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Well, I certainly didn't see that one coming.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Clever play on the word "wolfman".

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
New Sakamoto.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Nate RFB posted:

If she ended up being the MC's love interest I'd be very interested, since she'll mostly be a wolfman.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Sakamoto perfectly embodies the spirit of this thread. :swoon:

v- I really like the art style, especially the way the mouths are drawn. Big big smiles! :haw: It's really honest and friendly-looking.-v

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Jan 29, 2014

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Someday I'll understand Sakamoto's deal, today is not that day :psyduck:

Nate RFB posted:

This on other hand, is entertaining and cute :3:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

I have decided that I like "The Truth is, I am..."! I was kind of ambivalent about the story at first, figuring it to be a somewhat generic "quirky girlfriend" romcom, but there's something about it that feels rather fun. It's also nice that there's no egregious fanservice like that genre is predisposed to.

I think it's touches like this:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

DrSunshine posted:

I have decided that I like "The Truth is, I am..."! I was kind of ambivalent about the story at first, figuring it to be a somewhat generic "quirky girlfriend" romcom, but there's something about it that feels rather fun. It's also nice that there's no egregious fanservice like that genre is predisposed to.

I think it's touches like this:

I just binged through this and... what the gently caress was that twist? :psyduck:

This series needs to come sooner :suspense:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

DrSunshine posted:

This series has the largest mouths known to man.

• Locked thread