Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I really hope the 3rd and Orochimaru have been cooking up some insane ninja science in the background this whole time. They better not have just been drinking and playing cards for the last few dozen chapters.

uXs posted:

First he gets a new jutsu, then gets stabbed and killed without showing said jutsu? Yeah, there's no way.

Let the dream breath a little before you kill it in it's crib.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Gyges posted:

I really hope the 3rd and Orochimaru have been cooking up some insane ninja science in the background this whole time. They better not have just been drinking and playing cards for the last few dozen chapters.

Let the dream breath a little before you kill it in it's crib.

Sasuke using the most low level ninja poo poo like kawarimi to fight madara would actually be pretty refreshing.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
"OH well, guess that's all I'm capable of at my current level."

gently caress off with this poo poo, Madara's a loving monster right now, the least you could do is have him go nuts and not have him act like he's not stupidly overpowered. Oh yeah, Sasuke got stabbed. That doesn't mean a thing.

A SPECIAL UNICORN
Apr 12, 2006

REALLY FUCKING SPECIAL
He probably gave Sasuke his regeneration powers, so he can never die and will plague us forever.

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007
The key to eternal life in most manga, but Naruto especially, is that if you have been taught a secret technique, never use it, for as long as it remains secret you have invulnerable plot armour.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

seizure later posted:

The key to eternal life in most manga, but Naruto especially, is that if you have been taught a secret technique, never use it, for as long as it remains secret you have invulnerable plot armour.

So thats why Jiraiya said not to use 'that jutsu?'

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

A SPECIAL UNICORN posted:

He probably gave Sasuke his regeneration powers, so he can never die and will plague us forever.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Not mine, stole it from tumblr.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Alectai posted:

Izanami is still a thing, as is Izanagi for that matter.

When Uchiha have the ability to scribble out an outcome and go "No, that didn't actually happen", you can't really consider any result to stick until they've got no eyeballs left.

This reminds me of something that made absolutely no sense when they were talking about Izanagi/Izanami. I remember there being this exposition on how Izanami was created/existed in response to folks abusing Izanagi. But since Izanagi makes an eye permanently go out it's impossible to ever use it more than twice unless you have a giant bank of eyes like Danzo did. So you can't abuse it in the first place. It makes no sense!

As contrived as this comic can be, I'm actually a little curious about what they're going to do with Naruto now that he doesn't have the Kyuubi. Assuming it isn't just "getting the kyuubi back," which would be really boring.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Ytlaya posted:

As contrived as this comic can be, I'm actually a little curious about what they're going to do with Naruto now that he doesn't have the Kyuubi. Assuming it isn't just "getting the kyuubi back," which would be really boring.

I'm still hoping that the tailed beasts and the ninjas learn to trust each other and work together thanks to Naruto's leadership, marking his transition from guy with OP jutsu to actual Hokage.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Ytlaya posted:

This reminds me of something that made absolutely no sense when they were talking about Izanagi/Izanami. I remember there being this exposition on how Izanami was created/existed in response to folks abusing Izanagi. But since Izanagi makes an eye permanently go out it's impossible to ever use it more than twice unless you have a giant bank of eyes like Danzo did. So you can't abuse it in the first place. It makes no sense!

It makes complete sense if you're willing to accept that generations of Uchihas were blinding themselves for decades. Combined with Uchiha Affective Disorder, it makes a stupid amount of sense!

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Ytlaya posted:

Sorry, there's another half a Kyuubi just sitting there in undead daddy.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Allarion posted:

It makes complete sense if you're willing to accept that generations of Uchihas were blinding themselves for decades. Combined with Uchiha Affective Disorder, it makes a stupid amount of sense!

Was it ever specified that you'll go blind no matter what or if having an eternal mangekyou would allow you to keep using it? Because all of Danzo's sharingans were just normal ones with 3 tomoe.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

When was Hashirama beaten? I looked back a few chapters and he seemed to go from pinning Madara down with some seal to having those black rods in him and being defeated. That's kind of a bummer.

Shoren posted:

Was it ever specified that you'll go blind no matter what or if having an eternal mangekyou would allow you to keep using it? Because all of Danzo's sharingans were just normal ones with 3 tomoe.

I think Itachi had an eternal mangekyou and he was blinded. Also, Danzo probably would have been able to find at least one eternal mangekyou.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

When was Hashirama beaten? I looked back a few chapters and he seemed to go from pinning Madara down with some seal to having those black rods in him and being defeated. That's kind of a bummer.

I think Itachi had an eternal mangekyou and he was blinded. Also, Danzo probably would have been able to find at least one eternal mangekyou.

Itachi has MS, not EMS. That's why he pretended to want to rip out Sasuke's eyes and probably part of the reason for his illness. Also, given how rare even MS is supposed to be, I doubt Danzo had any eyes with EMS.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Silver2195 posted:

Itachi has MS
I always read this as Multiple Sclerosis.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Silver2195 posted:

Itachi has MS, not EMS. That's why he pretended to want to rip out Sasuke's eyes and probably part of the reason for his illness. Also, given how rare even MS is supposed to be, I doubt Danzo had any eyes with EMS.

Danzo only had one MS, Shisui's Eye, The rest of the eyes on his Sharinarm were 3 tomoe he took from dead Uchiha.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Ytlaya posted:

Looking at the earlier fight with the Kages and the 2nd's performance this chapter, offscreen victories are apparently a specialty of Madara's.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

BlitzBlast posted:

Looking at the earlier fight with the Kages and the 2nd's performance this chapter, offscreen victories are apparently a specialty of Madara's.

That's pretty disappointing. I was hoping for a cool fight, even if it ended in Madara winning. At least the 2nd tried to sucker punch Madara.

On a completely unrelated note, I like that weird crustacean/insect tailed beast. I wish Naruto absorbed him after losing the 9-tails.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

That's pretty disappointing. I was hoping for a cool fight, even if it ended in Madara winning. At least the 2nd tried to sucker punch Madara.

On a completely unrelated note, I like that weird crustacean/insect tailed beast. I wish Naruto absorbed him after losing the 9-tails.

This so much, especially when the second teleported to his dropped Kunai to get a hit on Madara from above. For a moment I was thinking we were in for a great fight with strategy and Madara coming out on top...instead we got the Rinnegan's final broken power. Dealing offscreen defeat.

Maybe the third and Orochimaru will surprise, I expect great things from Orochimaru. He'd better not dissappoint me.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Ytlaya posted:

Seven tails?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Minato still has his half of the 9 tails, right? I guess that is going to save Naruto.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
I hope he stays without the 9 tails. I didn't like the ultra form anyway, especially because it'd make the disparity between him and sasuke or a final fight way too big. Sage mode is a lot more interesting, to me.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Ytlaya posted:

Well, someone who was a danger to Uchiha abusing Izanagi would just grab new eyes from the people they killed, so it sort of makes sense you'd want a way to stop that. :v:

2nd rules, which is something I did not expect to say a while ago. Shame about the rest of the arc.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

CURATOR OF ANIME posted:

Minato still has his half of the 9 tails, right? I guess that is going to save Naruto.

Now that you mentioned it, I think this is exactly where Garra is taking him.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Tonfa posted:

2nd rules, which is something I did not expect to say a while ago. Shame about the rest of the arc.
He invented Edo Tensei in the first place, all this stupid poo poo is his loving fault :colbert:

Darth TNT posted:

Madara can take care of infinitly regenerating zombies with infinite chakra by stabbing their chakra points with rods? Well, as long as they're in there I suppose that makes sense. :)
:raise: Wait, isn't that basically what the Gentle Fist does? Does this mean the Hyuga could have wiped the floor with all those zombies the whole time?

Oh, wait, I forgot, they're the only magic eye havers who don't get to do anything cool or have awesome powers, because reasons :allears:

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

U.T. Raptor posted:

He invented Edo Tensei in the first place, all this stupid poo poo is his loving fault :colbert:

:raise: Wait, isn't that basically what the Gentle Fist does? Does this mean the Hyuga could have wiped the floor with all those zombies the whole time?

Oh, wait, I forgot, they're the only magic eye havers who don't get to do anything cool or have awesome powers, because reasons :allears:

They would regenerate from Gentle Fist, but the rods remain in place after insertion.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Are the rods related to the Rinnegan in some way? Though even if they are, it's kind of dumb that Naruto was able to stop the one Nagato threw at him but Hashirama couldn't.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Silver2195 posted:

They would regenerate from Gentle Fist, but the rods remain in place after insertion.

Apparently removing the rods doesn't stop the effect though.

A SPECIAL UNICORN
Apr 12, 2006

REALLY FUCKING SPECIAL
It's up: http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/662

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

e: oh man, I just checked this thread too!

New Chapter is up; also no chapter next week.

The End
Also Third Hokage alive and well being the best Hokage.

a.lo fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Jan 22, 2014

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
That was a colossal waste of time nothing loving happened, goddamit Kishimoto step your game up! :argh:

Someone can point me at the chapter on which Spiral Zetsu returned and started pulling bullshit out of his rear end?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Well that happened. Nice how Hinata just... ran out of energy and fell over? I guess running is really hard now.

Also breaking news, Mangapanda's translation is still horrible. Sasuke declaring that he is Itachi Uchiha is a new low.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Tonfa posted:

Just want to echo this. Before these chapter I thought his claim to fame was being the brother of the first. But he invented the flying thundergod and he invented a way to ressurrect the dead by sacrificing the living. He also gladly blindsides people and is good with strategy. He's pretty awesome to bad how he was incapacitated.

Latest chapter:
Boring chapter that is saved by the third coming out of retirement and Orochimaru scheming. Nah, who am I kidding. As curious as I am to their plan this chapter was a waste let's summarise:

Hinata falls down.
Spiral Zetsu out of loving nowhere. At first I thought he was Obito but then I realised that Kakashi and the Fourth were unnaccounted for.
Naruto is a Uzumaki so he will resist
Jinchuuriki that are unJinchuuriki'd always die, that is a rule apparently.
Sasuke dies
Naruto dies
I'm having trouble suspending my disbelief regarding the last two events.

Why does everyone still have their Chakra shrouds?

BlitzBlast posted:

[/spoiler]

Also breaking news, Mangapanda's translation is still horrible. Sasuke declaring that he is Itachi Uchiha is a new low.

It's not like it made the story any worse. :v: In all seriousness, I thought he was remembering the words Itachi spoke in the cave with vegetable Kabuto.

Also no new chapter next week so we have to survive the suspense with endless complaining. :)

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Well, I guess that's how the series ends, bad guy Madara wins and the two main characters die. Wasn't expecting that.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I don't get that issue whatsoever.

Why is a Zetsu? wearing a Tobi mask and why did he come out of nowhere plot wise. Neither of the two will die, and there's no precedent in the series to believe that any main character will die. Neji is close to it, but he was in part 2 of the manga maybe 2 times. After the whole "Nagato revives Konoha" swerve, it just feels an wholly impotent threat that anyone on the level of Kakashi or higher could die. This is just bad.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I assume the thing that came out of no where was Obito post getting bodynapped. I mean there's been literally nothing to connect when we saw that happen and whatever is going on now, but I can't really see it being anything else.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Aurain posted:

I don't get that issue whatsoever.

Why is a Zetsu? wearing a Tobi mask and why did he come out of nowhere plot wise. Neither of the two will die, and there's no precedent in the series to believe that any main character will die. Neji is close to it, but he was in part 2 of the manga maybe 2 times. After the whole "Nagato revives Konoha" swerve, it just feels an wholly impotent threat that anyone on the level of Kakashi or higher could die. This is just bad.

That's the Zetsu that talks about butts. He helped Tobi see Rin die.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Yeah I assumed the bit about taking a poo poo was supposed to imply he was free of being Tobi/Obito now or something?

Still, it's all so loving random and not very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

So when the hell is the manga coming back from break again? Mangastream has their release out.

• Locked thread