Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

So that the easily enraged are shouting into the void instead of at real people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

SeanBeansShako posted:

Why the gently caress is twitter a thing again?

Much like every hugely popular internet thing there are both good and bad things on it.

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...

SeanBeansShako posted:

Dumping ground for gruesome problematic assholes.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

VogeGandire posted:

For those that enjoyed Uncle, the new episode is on tonight at 10.

So James Blunt can "win" at it by searching his own name and directing "yo momma" jokes at people.

VogeGandire posted:

rear end in a top hat, reading that made me turn the TV on and I saw a bit of Lee Nelson.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

BizarroAzrael posted:

VogeGandire posted:

So James Blunt can "win" at it by searching his own name and directing "yo momma" jokes at people.

I'm having fun pretending that this isn't a mistake.
Did anyone watch The Great Interior Design Challenge? Don't, it's garbage. I'm guessing from the title that the stricken BBC2, having had the Bake Off wrested from their hands, threw the idea ball around until someone panicked and said "Changing Rooms again." Also BBC4 is showing Project Nim right now, which is a great doc on man's inhumanity to man chimp. Oof.
Also, looking around Iplayer I see they've uploaded some vintage Attenborough.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Well, that's the second time ive seen Hayley become a cropper.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

thanks for sharing!

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
Is tranny really the most offensive thing ever? It's just a shortening of transexual a bit like Paki is short for Pakistani.

:colbert:

I was totally distracted by the fact the Bully Dad on Uncle ep 2 was the guy from Band of Brothers.

Edit: I was kidding!

Maud Moonshine
Nov 6, 2010

tentish klown posted:

They're part of the drive to *direct* people towards teaching instead of business, not because there are many transferable skills but because the compensation for being a teacher, especially for the top graduates that Teach First is targeted at, pales in comparison with the compensation for going into business.
My ex did TF, she was paid somewhere in the low 20s for two years. I graduated a year before her and went straight into the city and pulled in double that. And I was home by 7pm each night. Granted, I hated it and quit after two years, but then again so did she.
The point is that without TF, she wouldn't have even thought about teaching as a career at all, especially with a 1st class Oxbridge STEM degree. If even a small percentage of the TF cohorts go on to become a career teacher, then it's done a great job.

It's funny, when the engineering bloke (I have only seen part of one episode, I do not know their names) was at the pub with his graduate friends and they were teasing him that he made the least money out of all of them, my housemate said 'I bet he still makes more than we do'. Then, lo and behold, he started talking about his salary and indeed, he does! Hurrah for working in print media.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Maud Moonshine posted:

It's funny, when the engineering bloke (I have only seen part of one episode, I do not know their names) was at the pub with his graduate friends and they were teasing him that he made the least money out of all of them, my housemate said 'I bet he still makes more than we do'. Then, lo and behold, he started talking about his salary and indeed, he does! Hurrah for working in print media.
There seem to be a lot of TV poor who make way over the living wage. I put it down to media types who have enough money to have no idea how it works, but it's an odd phenomenon.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
A decent engineering degree can be a pretty great way to walk straight into making money. A old friend of mine got paid 16k while on the sandwich year of his degree, because he was only on 50% of starting salary.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
I don't know what the consensus is on House of Fools but Vic & Bob in a mock sitcom environment with Matt Berry talking complete nonsense is great. Especially considering how terrible post Lamarr Shooting Stars/Catterick were.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Those Twitter images were much, much, much longer then I thought they would be. I hate people.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.
Thanks to whoever recommended Uncle.
I would've never watched it after seeing the trailer.
But I really like it so far.
For some reason I thought his girlfriends dad was Noel Fielding at first.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

SeanBeansShako posted:

The Question you should be asking is "Why are people still a thing?"

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

mrfart posted:

For some reason I thought his girlfriends dad was Noel Fielding at first.

Glad I wasn't the only one.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Just watched the second episode of Uncle. It's great, and it actually manages to do the unthinkable and has a child as a main character yet manages to not be irritating.

Plus it has Daniel Laurence Taylor as a side character, and he's great too.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Can any UKers with spare time send a complaint through iPlayer about "Charlie Brooker's Weekly Wipe - Series 2 - Episode 2"? Maybe more than 1 complaint might make them care for once.

The subtitles have been hosed up ever since it was put up and the show expires from being on iPlayer tomorrow. The subtitles are still hosed up in spite of me complaining on Sunday. It's really aggravating and not the first time they have done this.

They talk a pretty game in the response emails but they very rarely actually fix the problem before the show expires from being available. So I haven't been able to properly watch Charlie making GBS threads Brooker episode 2 in spite of trying every single day.

Ah, I'm so mad.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

That sucks. So...

"Thank you. The iPlayer team will use this information to help resolve the issue."

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Will have to check Uncle out.

Anyone seen the new 'This is Jinsy'?
I half liked it when the first season came out, it's got a surreal feel to it and some set piece jokes are good. The story lines are dull though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Wuziuwi_0

Maud Moonshine
Nov 6, 2010

Ratjaculation posted:

"Thank you. The iPlayer team will use this information to help resolve the issue."

Me too. I must make a mental note to report when the subtitles are rubbish, rather than just turning them off. I don't need them, but if my reporting will help people who do, I'm happy to help.

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

iPlayer subtitles have always been buggered more often than not in my experience, for years and years. I have no idea how this problem has gone unsolved for so long.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

This starts two weeks Monday:

quote:

Steve Pemberton and Reece Shearsmith follow up the multi-award-winning Psychoville with an anthology of tales of the genuinely unexpected.

What goes on behind closed doors on the street where you live? Inside No. 9 invites viewers into six very different No. 9s, where the ordinary and mundane rub shoulders with the extraordinary and macabre.

From a grand country house where a game of 'sardines' leads to some chilling revelations in a wardrobe; to a very oddly haunted house; to a blood-soaked actor's dressing room in London's West End; to the flat of an apparently happy primary school teacher who becomes the victim of a good deed; these unpredictable tales feature high comedy and claustrophobic horror by turns.

The episode titles are: Sardines, The Harrowing, A Quiet Night In, Last Gasp, The Understudy, and Tom And Gerri.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Ratjaculation posted:

That sucks. So...

Heh, I pressed that report issue button on friday, I'm not sure it's actually attached to any back-end process because the issue is still unresolved. I went so far as to use their contact webform thing as well. All I've gotten for my troubles is an email that said sorry in the most form email way possible.

:sigh:

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Nothing ever gets fixed on the iPlayer; you're all wasting your time. Half of the poo poo that gets sent in to them isn't even read by the team.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
Charlie Brooker MUST make a montage of all the mentions of "black cock" on winterwatch.

It's got to be deliberate.

lazyjane
Aug 24, 2003

Lemurs, Man, Lemurs

WastedJoker posted:

Charlie Brooker MUST make a montage of all the mentions of "black cock" on winterwatch.

It's got to be deliberate.

Ah the promise of black cock first thing in the morning!

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!

Xachariah posted:

Can any UKers with spare time send a complaint through iPlayer about "Charlie Brooker's Weekly Wipe - Series 2 - Episode 2"? Maybe more than 1 complaint might make them care for once.

The subtitles have been hosed up ever since it was put up and the show expires from being on iPlayer tomorrow. The subtitles are still hosed up in spite of me complaining on Sunday. It's really aggravating and not the first time they have done this.

They talk a pretty game in the response emails but they very rarely actually fix the problem before the show expires from being available. So I haven't been able to properly watch Charlie making GBS threads Brooker episode 2 in spite of trying every single day.

Ah, I'm so mad.

For some reason they live-subbed that episode, rather than having them be properly subbed, like episode 1. And they will probably do this for the next four episodes.

Junkenstein posted:

This starts two weeks Monday:

Thanks for the heads up, I'm pretty excited for this.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Can anyone tell me who plays the Simon bloke in this weeks Silent Witness? Looks familiar but it's not an up to date IMDB, I found that out when Tobias Menzies guest starred in one a few weeks back.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Lofty132 posted:

Can anyone tell me who plays the Simon bloke in this weeks Silent Witness? Looks familiar but it's not an up to date IMDB, I found that out when Tobias Menzies guest starred in one a few weeks back.

According to this BBC page, Alex Hassell.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Thanks, he has one of those faces I guess. Also, I'm a fan of Silent Witness but I'm hoping that this week isn't another inside job because surely the writers realise how stale that angle is becoming?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
This Morning seems to be upping the ante now each time it appears.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
The shorter-haired woman on Question Time right now is equivocating like a motherfucker, I've never seen someone subtly not answer the question quite as well.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Fair play to Limmy, his segment on Weekly Wipe was much better this week :)

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

Rarity posted:

Fair play to Limmy, his segment on Weekly Wipe was much better this week :)

I expected his segment to be more preachy about Scottish independence like his twitter is, but thankfully he toned it down and it was quite funny, probably because it looks like the Scottish independence movement looks like its going to be a failure and that side of things is harder to joke about when you believe in it.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Stanhope was pretty good too. Like I stated before This Morning seems to getting crazier each time Brooker shows it.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Monkey Ladies-in-Waiting. :allears:

Also the obligatory "your mum" joke makes me laugh every week. I am very immature. There was even a "your dad" one this week.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Not sure about the condensed daytime TV section though

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

that nigella/Saatchi joke actually made me do one of those laughs where you wince at the same time, which I don't normally do.

well played brooker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
I'd never heard of Jake Yapp before last week but his condensed TV segments have been fantastic