Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
Steel and Body Parts were really good, I think. The last one has great bits, such as feminist Jigsaw and their entire breakdown of the insane third act

Hider in the House and The New Adventures of Pippi Longstocking are some pretty good older ones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flython
Oct 21, 2010

The Unnamed One posted:

Steel and Body Parts were really good, I think. The last one has great bits, such as feminist Jigsaw and their entire breakdown of the insane third act

Hider in the House and The New Adventures of Pippi Longstocking are some pretty good older ones

"Someday you'll get the chair Longstocking! The chair!" I love that horse.

Can't forget the K9 movies too, James Belushi movies make for some great WHM.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

bobkatt013 posted:

Those episodes are not we hate movies those are we love movies :colbert:

Also all nine of the people who suggested Foodfight are still assholes but the biggest is Bob from Boston.

I wound up calling in two recommendations this time, and while it's unlikely for multiple reasons, I really hope they take my first one because it's an even worse animated film that Foodfight (proud member of the rear end in a top hat Nine :goatsecx:). Unfortunately you have to jump through some hoops to see it (it's only available as a DVD on demand from Amazon) and clips of it online are almost non-existent so they won't have a chance to see from those if it'll be worth their time.

I really liked the Mr. Destiny episode since you've got Jim Belushi and Michael Caine. That's a recipe for madness if there ever was one plus it's the type of movie that the other bad movie casts generally don't handle.

While we're on the WHM topic, I'm glad they picked the Easy Rider sequel this week. I vaguely recalled hearing about it before the podcast but that was perfect fodder for them and not heavily trodden ground like After Earth.

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Jan 17, 2014

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I personally like WHM the best out of all the movie podcasts, but I really understand why some people wouldn't like it. Its definitely the most vitriolic podcast I listen to.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Jesus Christ the new WHM episode.

I have no experience with the original Easy Rider, and the description of the sequel managed to piss me off anyway. I can't imagine the pain it would cause a fan of the original.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
What's the WHM episode from where "as soon as sandwichly possible" comes from? The context is some policemen ignoring a phone call, and I know it gets a callback on Walking Tall, but I'm still drawing a blank.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
I believe it's from the Deadly Friend episode, which is also pretty good.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Calaveron posted:

What's the WHM episode from where "as soon as sandwichly possible" comes from? The context is some policemen ignoring a phone call, and I know it gets a callback on Walking Tall, but I'm still drawing a blank.

Halloween 3.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Duke posted:

Addicted to Love is my favorite WHM.

I know this is from a few days back but holy poo poo this is amazing. The Matthew Broderick voice and acting is loving hilarious.

"With all the force of a hiccup, here I come!"

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Honestly any Belushi episode is a great starting point. I'd actually argue that Taking Care of Business is the best starter episode.

CANNON BALLLLLLLLLLL

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall
Belushi's unexpected appearance in Jingle All The Way was probably my favourite part of that episode, it was great hearing Belushi Voice again

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

OldTennisCourt posted:

Honestly any Belushi episode is a great starting point. I'd actually argue that Taking Care of Business is the best starter episode.

CANNON BALLLLLLLLLLL

I disagree, as Taking Care of Business is the culmination of so many Jim Belushi impressions and running gags.

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007

Calaveron posted:

Deadly friend. "I'll get to it, as soon as sandwichly possible."

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Hands-down the best WHM "voice acting" is in the Copycat episode where Holly Hunter somehow ends up sounding like Gary Busey. I have no idea why that was so loving funny, but holy poo poo it delivers.

I'd argue that the best starter episode would be anything where you already have a love/hate familiarity with the film, especially because WHM's pretty consistently funny. I began with Deadly Friend because that show is incredible, and their treatment was hilarious. By now I've listened to a bunch, but I think choosing the first few where I knew the movies is really what got me into the podcast and kept me listening.

vvvvv absolutely. I think that one was my second. :3:

flesh dance fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Jan 21, 2014

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Star Wars Episode 1 is also a great starting point, because EVERYONE has seen that movie and they're merciless towards it. I could barely contain myself when they start trying to remember Watto's name, and when they do Obi Wan explaining to Anakin that the cycle of abuse has ended.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
The Superman ones are pretty great. If you want some quality Lucas bashing the Ewok episodes are great along with a discussion who cases less about Star Wars. Hider of the House is just amazing and you get a taste of them loving a movie, and Babycakes is the exact opposite. Nukie is the fucken pits and they hate every second of it. Then Tuff Turf is just amazing. Also any episode with Belushi is incredible as they hate the man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7PH3GVj104

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Poison Ivy is pretty great too just for the reactions to all the :wtc: moments in the film. And how they all keep stalling when it gets to that scene.

"Then you see the tongue escape the mustache..." :gonk:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Has anyone said Babycakes, because the answer is Babycakes.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Has anyone said Babycakes, because the answer is Babycakes.
Babycakes, Invisible Child, One Magic Christmas, Heart Condition and Addicted to Love are all great examples of screenplays that betray such a warped view of human interaction that their writers should have been immediately committed for psychiatric evaluation. That kind of movie results in my favorite WHMs.

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und
Yeah, my favourite kind of bad movie is a bad drama, because bad action is usually just lame (explosions and bad one liners), bad sci fi or horror can be pretty stupid but since I don't care much about sci fi or horror as a genre, there's not a vast yawning gulf between bad and good in my mind, and bad comedy is usually just unfunny and painful. A bad drama, however, turns into the most beautiful, ridiculous comedy there is.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Dracula 2000 when they go into how someone becomes a Cenobite was what made me immediately go back and listen to the rest of the backlog.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

weekly font posted:

Dracula 2000 when they go into how someone becomes a Cenobite was what made me immediately go back and listen to the rest of the backlog.

~Secret Nazi Dracula~

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I am looking forward to next week's HDTGM: MORTAL KOMBAAAAAAAT!

except when he played the theme song at the end, I accidentally pulled my headphones out of my computer and my coworkers all caught me listening to it and think I'm a weird idiot now

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

WHM hint for next week is bald so I am thinking its Die Hard.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

The Berzerker posted:

except when he played the theme song at the end, I accidentally pulled my headphones out of my computer and my coworkers all caught me listening to it and think I'm a weird idiot now

I'm so glad my phone cuts the media audio off when the headphones come out. Specially when I'm in the middle of one of those fplus episodes.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

weekly font posted:

And you Mary Magdalene Medusa for you.

And Pontius Pilate as Cloverfield.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

bobkatt013 posted:

And you Mary Magdalene Medusa for you.

And Pontius Pilate as Cloverfield.

I have no idea why but the fact that they keep calling the monster 'A Cloverfield" loving kills me.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

The Berzerker posted:

Own it. The mortal kombat theme owns. :colbert:

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Did anyone catch how they softly played "Get Away" from Arrested Development every time they said the movie's title in the latest WHM? Masterful.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Berzerker posted:

I hope to God that there's at least a five minute discussion about the differences between a street fighter and a mortal kombatant.

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."

WampaLord posted:

Anyone want to recommend their favorite WHM episode? I want to hear these guys at their best.
I think some of the best material the We Hate Movies people have done is on Blame it On Outer Space. For some reason I find the crews humor much more entertaining on that show.

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und

Drunkboxer posted:

I'm so glad my phone cuts the media audio off when the headphones come out. Specially when I'm in the middle of one of those fplus episodes.

Oh dear god, when I was at work, upstairs, waiting for my supervisor to talk to me....I was trying to kill some time by browsing Cracked or whatever, and I accidentally started playing the Pokegirls episode of the F Plus, which was in one of my internet tabs. That's...not something you want to have start playing in a workplace environment (I didn't have headphones plugged in, because I wasn't actually trying to listen to or watch anything.) Let's just say I jammed my finger down on the minus volume button as fast as humanly possible.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Help me out here...have any of the various bad movie podcasts done Last Action Hero? I feel like one of them did but I can't find it.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Last Action Hero is a national disgrace that everyone would collectively like to pretend just didn't happen.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Last Action Hero is a national disgrace that everyone would collectively like to pretend just didn't happen.

Last Action Hero is tongue-in-cheek and hilarious, hth.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

WampaLord posted:

Last Action Hero is tongue-in-cheek and hilarious, hth.

You and I saw a different movie, I think.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Rotten Red Rod posted:

You and I saw a different movie, I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCVc5TaPpe8

I rest my case. :colbert:

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Last Action Hero is one of those movies that gets labeled as the worst movie ever made when first released, but gets slightly better in retrospect every time a newer, even shittier movie is released.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I saw it as a little kid - in theaters - and even then I knew it was boring and dumb. Combine that with many repeated viewings on TV with an awful pan-and-scan version. You'll never change my view of that movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

MadScientistWorking posted:

I think some of the best material the We Hate Movies people have done is on Blame it On Outer Space. For some reason I find the crews humor much more entertaining on that show.

I listened to an episode of Blame It On Outer Space and the audio quality was absolutely atrocious. Are all the episodes that low-fi or did I download a lovely quality version?