Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

teagone posted:

Rumor was he broke his leg skiing, but that's been debunked. There's another rumor going around that it was a rib injury, which is also bullshit.

It'd have to be something a lot more serious than that to keep him from standing around talking in close-ups while stuntmen and CGI do all the action stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Circutron
Apr 29, 2006
We are confident that the Islamic logic, culture, and discourse can prove their superiority in all fields over all schools of thought and theories.

teagone posted:

Rumor was he broke his leg hella skiing, but that's been debunked.

Fixed this for you.

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

Comfortador posted:

They need to re-release that super poseable Spiderman, didn't it have like 75 points of articulation?

I have one I used as an "Artist Manikin" because it was $7 and "Artist Manikins" were $50. It's still pretty cool and far more poseable than one of those wooden dummies.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Looks like Shailene Woodley is saying she doesn't think she'll be available for Amazing Spider-Man 3. Which is not exactly a big surprise after being cut from 2 and the fact that her own starring career is beginning to take off.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

teagone posted:

Rumor was he broke his leg hella skiing, but that's been wicked debunked.

Double fixed.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

muscles like this? posted:

Looks like Shailene Woodley is saying she doesn't think she'll be available for Amazing Spider-Man 3. Which is not exactly a big surprise after being cut from 2 and the fact that her own starring career is beginning to take off.

Divergent is probably going to plummet. The previews looked pretty generic, and I saw a clip recently that was laughably bad.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
I haven't seen this really talked about, but does anyone in here have an opinion on who was cast as Agent 13 aka Carol Danvers aka Captain Marvel? I mean Emily VanCamp can look the part somewhat but it worries me if they keep her and decide to do a movie about Captain Marvel because I don't think she'd be that big of a box office draw IMO.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Diabetic posted:

I haven't seen this really talked about, but does anyone in here have an opinion on who was cast as Agent 13 aka Carol Danvers aka Captain Marvel? I mean Emily VanCamp can look the part somewhat but it worries me if they keep her and decide to do a movie about Captain Marvel because I don't think she'd be that big of a box office draw IMO.

Agent 13 is Sharon Carter, not Carol Danvers. Unless they changed it for the MCU and I didn't hear about it.

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

Diabetic posted:

Agent 13 isn't Danvers, its Sharon Carter.

And beaten.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

Heathen posted:

Agent 13 isn't Danvers, its Sharon Carter.

And beaten.

I am retarded, forgive me, I have no idea why I was thinking that they were the same person, I've gone thru about 600 Captain America comics in a few months thanks to Marvel Unlimited so it all bled together.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

teagone posted:

Divergent is probably going to plummet. The previews looked pretty generic, and I saw a clip recently that was laughably bad.

She's also the lead in the adaptation of The Fault in Our Stars.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Friendly reminder: DC's latest animated feature, Justice League: War, was released today on Google Play & iTunes (2 weeks ahead of the retail blu-ray/dvd release). I just finished watching it, and it was pretty much over an hour of mayhem and carnage. Not joking. The violence was less graphic/brutal compared to The Flashpoint Paradox, but the narrative left a lot to be desired. Despite that, the animation and action sequences were more than enough to keep me locked in and entertained. Seriously, the action is absolutely bonkers... pretty much reaches Man of Steel levels in animated form.

The writing/dialogue was underwhelming as a whole, but the banter between GL and Batman was funny, and Shazam had some choice one-liners. I'm pretty big on Wonder Woman and she is an absolute badass in this one. While I wasn't a fan of her voice acting, I loved her new getup and the way she was depicted in combat. I can't really compare this movie to Justice League: Origin as I haven't read that graphic novel, but overall it's a great entry to the DCAU (but definitely not the best) and highly recommended if you're looking for something with non-stop action.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I'm making my way through Fringe and loving it, and now I can't help but envision series lead Anna Torv as Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel. She is an attractive 30-something blonde who looks like she could hold her own in a fight (or at least perform some of her own stunts), and she shares Carol's tough, cool intensity balanced by a fun-loving attitude, especially when she appears as "Faux-livia."

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I'm making my way through Fringe and loving it, and now I can't help but envision series lead Anna Torv as Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel. She is an attractive 30-something blonde who looks like she could hold her own in a fight (or at least perform some of her own stunts), and she shares Carol's tough, cool intensity balanced by a fun-loving attitude, especially when she appears as "Faux-livia."

Everyone in this thread bringing her up when casting Carol is discussed got me to watch Fringe. gently caress that final season, it really did bring down the whole series for me.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Soonmot posted:

Everyone in this thread bringing her up when casting Carol is discussed got me to watch Fringe. gently caress that final season, it really did bring down the whole series for me.

Sounds like Deep Space Nine.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

I was literally saying this 2 years ago! She's tall enough too that she wouldn't look out of place standing up to Stark or Fury.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

twistedmentat posted:

I was literally saying this 2 years ago! She's tall enough too that she wouldn't look out of place standing up to Stark or Fury.

Given that Stark is Downey Jr. she'd tower over him.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

It occurs to me that Marvel can cast Helen Mirren as Janet Van Dyne. Or if they are doing flashbacks to the 1960s, Susan Sarandon because then her daughter Eva can play young Janet.

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

Waterhaul posted:

According to the interwubs they're both 5'8" but Downey wears such rediculous lifts he probably films close to 6'.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

Worse. So much worse.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nah, it's going to be Sarah from Chuck. The internet told me so.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Not Starbuck from BSG?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Waterhaul posted:

I fail to see the problem :colbert:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Lurdiak posted:

I don't really agree. I also don't really hear the complaints about S7 all that much.

Fringe's problem was S4 being a semi-reboot of the series. It plateaued at that point and had some moments the rest of the series, but I was very down on what they did starting with S4 onward.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Fringe had the problem of always being on the verge of being cancelled, so they had to keep ending it then taking it in random new directions when it got renewed

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

According to the interwubs they're both 5'8" but Downey wears such rediculous lifts he probably films close to 6'.

He must have gotten those from Prince.

I've never watched Chuck, but is Sarah the women who was Miranda in Mass Effect?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

He must have gotten those from Prince.

I've never watched Chuck, but is Sarah the women who was Miranda in Mass Effect?

Yes. Her face moves though.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

twistedmentat posted:

No, that was a potato.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

It's already been decreed that if Carol Danvers makes it to screen she must be played by Katheryn Winnick from Vikings. No other choice is good enough.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Deadpool posted:

It's already been decreed that if Carol Danvers makes it to screen she must be played by Katheryn Winnick from Vikings. No other choice is good enough.
Even more crazy, there seems to be some semblance of goon consensus on the casting.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Deadpool posted:

I haven't seen her in anything, to the best of my knowledge, but a quick Google and...Yeah, I would be all for that.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

I haven't seen her in anything, to the best of my knowledge, but a quick Google and...Yeah, I would be all for that.

Well you should watch Vikings because it was really good

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So, aparantly this is what the Ninja turtles are going to look like (yes it is a Halloween Costume)

http://i.imgur.com/lBuJola.jpg

Yea, that movie is going to be terrible.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Is the bottom half from a Chun-Li costume?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

So, aparantly this is what the Ninja turtles are going to look like (yes it is a Halloween Costume)

Ahaha, what the gently caress?

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I really don't think it looks that terrible other than that all halloween costumes like that look terrible. It looks like they're making them have more individual looks that show their personality a bit which I don't hate.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Dacap posted:

I really don't think it looks that terrible other than that all halloween costumes like that look terrible. It looks like they're making them have more individual looks that show their personality a bit which I don't hate.

The new TMNT cartoon did this too, right? I think the Turtles even have different shades of green, at least on the toys.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

twistedmentat posted:

gently caress.... That is ugly as poo poo. I get what they're going for, but that's terrible. A pair of dirty old socks for as a belt?

Edit: I just noticed the tribal tattoo.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Are they making the face more human like and less turtley? That doesn't look good. Not turtley enough for my Turtle Club.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

JT Smiley posted:

gently caress.... That is ugly as poo poo. I get what they're going for, but that's terrible. A pair of dirty old socks for as a belt?

Edit: I just noticed the tribal tattoo.

Yea, that is the second most bothersome thing. Nothing says hackish reinvention like giving them a tattoo. The worst thing...IT HAS LIPS!!

• Locked thread