Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

I'd rather fight assbot every hour than Wurm. Wurm is a terribe mechanic and a terrible boss, I haven't even beat teq since he was updated.

e: I really hope this is the next boss.

From the thumbnail I thought it was a flying pig. Disappointed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

Werner-Boogle posted:

Is there any way to predict when the price of buying gems with gold will be at its lowest? I don't understand that system at all.

I'd suggest buying them when they are near or under 4-5g per hundred to buy

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

I'd suggest buying them when they are near or under 4-5g per hundred to buy

They haven't been that low in recent memory, barring a one off spike that got botted right back up to 7g. I'd suggest waiting for 6.5 ish if you plan to buy in the near future. If you want to know when to buy, go to spidy and study the graph. Or just learn to be obsessive about checking the price in game because it can fluctuate quickly.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

I'd rather fight assbot every hour than Wurm. Wurm is a terribe mechanic and a terrible boss, I haven't even beat teq since he was updated.

Funny, I thought this Dolyak looked a bit too calm given the ongoing buttbot attack.

bonus gratuitous butt shot!

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Wait, is that on one of the twisted thingummies? I don't think I've ever seen them stand still enough to notice the butts.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

rap music posted:

Funny, I thought this Dolyak looked a bit too calm given the ongoing buttbot attack.

You screenshotted that chat window but not my pun after, I am disappointed.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Welp, I enjoyed my one encounter with Assbot.

Wurm, not so much.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Was going great on assbot on Blackgate, then 'disconnected' and couldn't get back in. Thanks, Anet!

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

Erdricks posted:

They haven't been that low in recent memory, barring a one off spike that got botted right back up to 7g. I'd suggest waiting for 6.5 ish if you plan to buy in the near future. If you want to know when to buy, go to spidy and study the graph. Or just learn to be obsessive about checking the price in game because it can fluctuate quickly.

At the beginning of January they were 6.80g per 100 gems.

Walkin Goon
Apr 4, 2011
For warden phase of the Mega Maid fight, is it possible for those who finished their warden early to help others with the remaining champs? There's no real difficulty in standing around with a couple minutes to spare while watching the sole two players in the next circle over struggling to bring their warden down below the half-way mark. :(

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye

MooCowlian posted:

Wait, is that on one of the twisted thingummies? I don't think I've ever seen them stand still enough to notice the butts.

They also have boobs.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

rap music posted:

It's nice to see my puns saved for posteriorty.

Ussr
Sep 17, 2004

Wait, what?
Apparently ANet is pretty proud of the giant robot boobs.

Bikini Quilt
Jul 28, 2013
Just fyi, if you finish your champ circle, you can help a circle next to you as long as they pull their champ over to the edge of the ring. For some reason your ranged attacks can hit them (or at least my Guardian's staff attacks were). Not sure if it's intentional or not, but eh.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Visidan posted:

SFD World First Assbot Win.

After Mags three 4/5 chain five seconds from victory losses Zhulik and I guested to a server that has more than 2 people on during Oceanic times.

Cool tips.

1. They stole Wildstar tells so dodging is easier now. Unfortunately this confused everyone since no one has seen them before, probably not the best place to debut them.
2. Don't run to the portal until the timer is at 10 seconds.
3. Champs 1 and 3 are the weak champions so pick those if you want an easy time, If not try to aim for the 2nd champ then hopefully the sickness has worn off so you can join the 5th.
4. The fourth champ has a massive aoe that you'll need to dodge, watch Assbot for its leg sweep.
5. Res people.
6. /Cheer after victory.

Any tips for the fifth champ? last night we got four chains down and the fifth champ wrecked four teams in a row.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
So, has the rest of the game still ground to a halt for boss camping?

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Full Fathoms Five posted:

Just fyi, if you finish your champ circle, you can help a circle next to you as long as they pull their champ over to the edge of the ring. For some reason your ranged attacks can hit them (or at least my Guardian's staff attacks were). Not sure if it's intentional or not, but eh.

Its probably unintentional. Which really sucks, I get it, they want each group to have a skin in game but at least make it so if a group finishes their champion/power node it opens up the circle and they can help the circle either left or right of the group.

PS

What is a good armor name (Knights/Berserker/Solider/etc) for a Ranger that does Longbow/Greatsword and maybe Sword/Axe?

BexGu fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jan 22, 2014

motherbox
Jul 19, 2013

So I'm going to be hitting 80 with my warrior today. This is my first end game character, and I was hoping to get feedback on what I am going for on my first suit of end-game gear. I've heard Berserker armor is what I want...am I correct in thinking that any set of Berserker Exotic heavy will do? What do I want for runes and starting weapons?

Once I have that stuff and pretty princess it up I start working towards legendary weapons and ascended armor, right?

motherbox fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Jan 22, 2014

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

motherbox posted:

So I'm going to be hitting 80 with my warrior today. This is my first end game character, and I was hoping to get feedback on what I am going for on my first suit of end-game gear. I've heard Berserker armor is what I want...am I correct in thinking that any set of Berserker Exotic heavy will do? What do I want for runes and starting weapons?

Once I have that stuff and pretty princess it up I start working towards legendary weapons and ascended armor, right?

Cheap ruby orbs will do instead of runes. You don't really need legendaries or ascended armor, they are very minimal upgrades.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

motherbox posted:

Go with Ruby Orbs if you're going for damage. Runes and Sigils are undergoing a complete overhaul come the next balance patch. They're you're cheapest damage option and they are neck and neck with Ogre and Scholars (minus the latter's 6th bonus).

motherbox
Jul 19, 2013

Thanks for the tips. Sorry to be paranoid, but a full set of this:
http://www.gw2db.com/recipes/7049-berserkers-draconic-coat

with Ruby orbs is what i'm looking for? For some reason, it feels like it should be harder than dropping 20 gold on the trading post...

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

motherbox posted:

with Ruby orbs is what i'm looking for? For some reason, it feels like it should be harder than dropping 20 gold on the trading post...

Yeah, armor only differs in appearance (i.e. Draconic Berserker Armor is the as any other Exotic 80 Berserker Armor).

I'm free at the moment. Let me hop on and see if I can help ya out (ign: Kanigher).

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

motherbox posted:

Getting the basic armor type is easy, the 'gear grind' in GW2 is getting the pretty princess dress up armor that you want and that takes more effort generally.

motherbox
Jul 19, 2013

Ghostpilot posted:

Yeah, armor only differs in appearance (i.e. Draconic Berserker Armor is the as any other Exotic 80 Berserker Armor).

I'm free at the moment. Let me hop on and see if I can help ya out (ign: Kanigher).

I just sent you a message, but I'm actually not on Maguuma. My idiot friends insisted on rolling on Fort Aspenwood so they could play with one of their brothers (who has not played since the first day we started).

motherbox fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Jan 22, 2014

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Hmm, I never got any messages / mails.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
You can always tell who the poverty players are (like me) because they have chain spiderweb armor and pearl weapons.

Myriad
Apr 26, 2010
The armor is fine but using pearl weapons is the saddest thing, why are they so loving ugly?

Zhentar
Sep 28, 2003

Brilliant Master Genius
It's even sadder because you can get cheaper, better looking exotic weapons from the WvW vendors using your freebie achievement badges.

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

Magnets are my only weakness.
A good, cheap way to get skins is through WvW badges, iirc 7 badges gets you a 1h weapon skin and 10 badges for a 2h skin. The vendor is next to the laurel vendor and they're available if you're lvl 80. I personally prefer the glyphic weapons or whatever the asura ones are called over the pearl ones. Also i'm too poor to afford any other skins yet.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

You can always tell who the poverty players are (like me) because they have chain spiderweb armor and pearl weapons.

I don't know, you will be shocked about how cheap some of the cool looking exotic weapons are going for. And even with decent stats! I mean, I got Final Rest and Moonshank for my nerco for like 3ish gold total. And as for armor just go to WvWvW and visit the Armor Master to pick up a complete set of armor with various stats for 5.5 gold and Badges. They even sell stuff to make it look like different level Karma gear!

Of course I can't find any bows that look good besides the Legendary ones.

Phosphia
Jan 29, 2013

Oh you.. :>

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

There is acutally a large selection of weapon skins in the second and third tab at the weapon vendor in wubwub for little to no cost (badges).

Ussr
Sep 17, 2004

Wait, what?

BexGu posted:

I don't know, you will be shocked about how cheap some of the cool looking exotic weapons are going for. And even with decent stats! I mean, I got Final Rest and Moonshank for my nerco for like 3ish gold total. And as for armor just go to WvWvW and visit the Armor Master to pick up a complete set of armor with various stats for 5.5 gold and Badges. They even sell stuff to make it look like different level Karma gear!

Of course I can't find any bows that look good besides the Legendary ones.

The Pirate Shortbow is pretty cool because it's huge for a shortbow.

Windchilla
May 30, 2009

Ussr posted:

The Pirate Shortbow is pretty cool because it's huge for a shortbow.

Aether is still my favorite Short Bow for the size, but I wish it actually had a custom projectile as well.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

I'm really loving confused on the worms honestly, I did one last night where it went super smooth, we where on point with the essence poo poo and DPS the gently caress out of it when it was down and we barely scratched it, it doesn't help that it falls under world boss classification so its immune to crits and conditions.

I'm just waiting for the next patch note to say something like "Fixed a bug that made the wurms impossible to kill".

Though I legit thinking something is wrong, I feel when he's down he should be taking gobs and gobs of damage like Tequalt when he gets stunned.

Also on runes for a warrior advice, I really like soldiers, being able to clear 3 condis with for great justice and shake it off is a godsend.

Zhentar
Sep 28, 2003

Brilliant Master Genius
I think the Nutrient/Parasite mechanic ties in to that, but I really don't know the details of how they work yet.

As for impossible... this was the end of a TTS run this morning:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Zhentar
Sep 28, 2003

Brilliant Master Genius
I should also point out, two of those were intentionally not killed. Once you kill one wurm, you have 45 seconds to kill another (or both? don't know yet) wurm.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

^^^ This game. :shrug:

Ghostpilot posted:

Edit: Furthermore, there's the issue of many events being DPS checks. It sends mixed messages when they put timers on bosses, have events that require burst damage (many dungeons and world events), challenges that require sustained damage and throttling of that damage (e.g. some guild challenges) and have many enemies that are immune to critical hits and conditions, and then punish people for building that way.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

It's probably because the class balance team doesn't talk to the pve encounter team.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Zhentar posted:

I should also point out, two of those were intentionally not killed. Once you kill one wurm, you have 45 seconds to kill another (or both? don't know yet) wurm.

Wait, seriously? It's one of those fights?

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck. That poo poo's hard enough to pull off with just 30 people on the branded mine guild challenge, I can't imagine how impossible it'll be with a full map and people in three totally different areas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bikini Quilt
Jul 28, 2013
This is going to be even funnier when they nerf Zerker gear and suddenly you need three times as many people to kill world bosses in time. I wonder what Anet's response will be when nobody ever bothers to fight the worm again after the first week.

• Locked thread