Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.

The Moon Monster posted:

Are the Akimbo versions of weapons generally worth upgrading to? Also, how do I get that drat serration mod. I have all the other flat +% damage mods, but that one won't drop.

Generally, yeah. Certainly so in the case of the Furis and Viper, probably in the case of the Lato, and if you really like the Lex, then grab the ak-version of that too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
The primary case against the "akimbo is better" claim is the Vasto. I can't remember what the differences are (precision?), but many people say the dual version is inferior for the Vasto.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.
OK, I had forgotten the Vasto/Akvasto. To be honest, I didn't feel like it was much of a downgrade for the extra firepower, but it is less accurate, so personal preference there.

And if you're going to get a Bronco, you should really get Dual Broncos, for another pair I forgot.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

The Moon Monster posted:

Also, how do I get that drat serration mod.

If you're on PC you post your in-game name here.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Just ask in clan chat. I have like seven extra Serrations. If you're on PS4 you can suck it.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

The Akvasto has lower recoil so it sort of evens out.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Afurises may have the most skewed fun:effectiveness ratio of all weapons in the game. It's straight up fun to dump 70-90 rounds in two seconds, wasting half your ammunition but drat well knowing EVERYTHING died.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Epsilon Plus posted:

Afurises may have the most skewed fun:effectiveness ratio of all weapons in the game. It's straight up fun to dump 70-90 rounds in two seconds, wasting half your ammunition but drat well knowing EVERYTHING died.

I hope you picked up a pair of Wraith Twin Vipers from the event. More damage per bullet, more bullets per second (smaller magazine size).

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

DelphiAegis posted:

They made her armor spell into an AE stagger with a small fire damage trigger (Accelerant) and removed the damage reduction portion of it, not only that, but they changed the animation of WoF, now random jets of fire come up from the ground, but that has nothing to do with any damage you're doing to anyone. She's still passable, but she is not as she once was, sadly.

You forgot that she now can kill herself with fireball. That's right DE thought giving a frame a 1 ability that hurts the frame casting it was a good idea.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
:siren: Hammer Shot Nightmare alert on Proteus (Neptune) for the next 40 minutes

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Piell posted:

:siren: Hammer Shot Nightmare alert on Proteus (Neptune) for the next 40 minutes

Oh goddamnit, now they're putting them on when GMT +0 people are at work or at lunch :sigh: I needed that.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
Don't feel bad, all nightmare alerts are no shields, meaning "You better bring a rhino, because gently caress you that's why."

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

FELLOW GOONS: WHEN THIS POSTER OFFERS TO BRAID YOUR PUBES, SAY NO!!!

DelphiAegis posted:

Don't feel bad, all nightmare alerts are no shields, meaning "You better bring a rhino, because gently caress you that's why."

I fail to see how this would make anyone feel better. Hammer Shot is one of the most desirable mods of its kind, only available from Nightmare missions and if I remember correctly has one of the lowest drop rates. Anyone going after Hammer Shot is likely aware of all of this and has a Rhino on hand.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
Dunno if this has been mentioned yet, but :siren:platinum redeemed via Nvidia code and the like is not usable for trading.:siren:

Found this out the hard way.

e:

Do we have an emoticon for pubbie scum?

zgrowler2 fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jan 22, 2014

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Update 11.8.0

Additions:
Tetra – A Corpus Rifle!
Unleash a barrage of lethal energy bolts with the Tetra! Drawing from its huge quad-chambered clip, this laser pulse rifle harnesses powerful energy to bring heavy damage to the enemy.

- New in-chat updates about News, Alerts, and Invasions. It’s Red Text’s robot brother/sister/son?, Mauve Text (colour subject to interpretation).

Changes:
- Server-side change on 1/20/2014: More frequent Grineer vs. Corpus invasions. Originally invasion system allowed for 2-5 days of downtime, this has been changed to only allow 1-2 days downtime.
- Increase odds of Corpus/Grineer attacking multiple targets after conquering a node
- Terminus, M Prime, and Elion excluded from alerts so brand new players don't get tripped up by them.
- Updated menu planet/node hint to give specific names (Mercury and Terminus) for new players. Until the player has completed a mission they cannot select a planet other than Mercury.
- Increase outbreak decay rates a little so they don't bog down an entire planet for days.

Fixes:
- Fixed client crashing when capture target spontaneously dies.
- Fixed Private messages not staying in proper order when going into and out of missions.
- Fixed issue where host election would not work after going back to a lobby.
- Fixed occasional capture target trapped being trapped in ceiling in the Void.
- Fixed clients scanning without zooming in.
- Fixed issue with enemies not spawning in Corpus Cas Cities unless certain rooms were entered.
- Fixed Sentinel Stinger weapon not using energy colour on its hit effects
- Fixed broken maptile in invasions: https://forums.warfr...e-in-invasions/

Carecat fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jan 22, 2014

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

I am honestly disappointed that the Tetra is not a Penta in pistol form with only three shots.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
From those stats I'll call it as being at least a sidegrade to the Dera whilst being way cheaper to make. Accuracy is low but travel time makes the accuracy fairly moot.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

DelphiAegis posted:

They made her armor spell into an AE stagger with a small fire damage trigger (Accelerant) and removed the damage reduction portion of it, not only that, but they changed the animation of WoF, now random jets of fire come up from the ground, but that has nothing to do with any damage you're doing to anyone. She's still passable, but she is not as she once was, sadly.

:negative:

What have they DONE!?

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Ice Fist posted:

What have they DONE!?

Ember had a tanking ability. People liked to play her that way. DE said Ember is not a tank.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Carecat posted:

From those stats I'll call it as being at least a sidegrade to the Dera whilst being way cheaper to make. Accuracy is low but travel time makes the accuracy fairly moot.
I have a feeling it'll actually be closer to the Supra than the Dera. Either way, it looks aggressively mediocre. I'm building one anyway. :shepicide:

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Ice Fist posted:

What have they DONE!?

Well you see ability damage warframes are really goo

Specto
Jun 28, 2010
Started back up after leaving around feb, and have a few questions:

1) Is there anything that i should know that is not in the OP?

2) Are there any weapons i should be using in particular? (have a branton vandal, a gorgen, and a karak in the foundry)

Specto fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jan 22, 2014

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Helter Skelter posted:

I have a feeling it'll actually be closer to the Supra than the Dera. Either way, it looks aggressively mediocre. I'm building one anyway. :shepicide:

I feel like most of their recent weapons have been pretty good. It's been pretty hard to not just build every new gun that comes around.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Improbable Lobster posted:

I feel like most of their recent weapons have been pretty good. It's been pretty hard to not just build every new gun that comes around.

I've been pretty underwhelmed by the Tyris. Slow firing, crappy zoom, less spike damage than the Seer or Lex, less average DPS output than Twin Vipes. And the base Corrosive damage is pretty useless vs Corpus.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

ullerrm posted:

I've been pretty underwhelmed by the Tyris. Slow firing, crappy zoom, less spike damage than the Seer or Lex, less average DPS output than Twin Vipes. And the base Corrosive damage is pretty useless vs Corpus.

Yeah, but it has a tail and shoots acid spikes.

Helter Skelter posted:

drat right.

Metaprognosticate
Nov 10, 2013

Specto posted:

2) Are there any weapons i should be using in particular? (have a branton vandal, a gorgen, and a karak in the foundry)

Damage 2.0 is probably the biggest change since then. So you'll want to check it out.

As for weapons, it depends heavily on your current mastery rank. If you're already rank 6, Soma and Synapse appear to be the best options available for your primaries. If you're below 6, there are a lot of options. I'm currently rank 5, and the best primary I've used so far is the Karak. Since you already have it in the foundry, I'd just use that for now. There are quite a lot of sidegrades though.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Specto posted:

Craft Dual Zorens for melee if you don't have them. They're used to travel absurdly fast (jump -> air slide -> melee in air, repeat) and aid greatly in opening up the star map or getting around in general.

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

FELLOW GOONS: WHEN THIS POSTER OFFERS TO BRAID YOUR PUBES, SAY NO!!!

zgrowler2 posted:

Craft Dual Zorens for melee if you don't have them. They're used to travel absurdly fast (jump -> air slide -> melee in air, repeat) and aid greatly in opening up the star map or getting around in general.

Don't forget to max Fury and throw it on there before testing this out and being mildly disappointed.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
That new rifle reminds me kind of the Pulse Rifle from Dead Space.

Then again, I'd rock a Isaac Clarke warframe. :black101:

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

zgrowler2 posted:

If you're going to do this (it's known as zorencoptering :v:) make sure you're not wielding one of the thrown secondaries (Kunai, Despair, Hikou). Something about their design messes up the speed boost.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

limited posted:

That new rifle reminds me kind of the Pulse Rifle from Dead Space.

Then again, I'd rock a Isaac Clarke warframe. :black101:

It's called Vauban.

There's a lot of Corpus stuff that looks Dead Space-y. Even the Corpus ship tileset has a very Ishimura vibe to it, especially when it's got Infested all over it.

Specto
Jun 28, 2010
Alright, thanks for all the advice.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
The Tetra has a really cool reload.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiR7Bs6YPiM

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
That has a nearly identical sound to the Tysis.

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble
Big, super-important hotfix:

quote:

Accuracy Changes (increases) for Tetra (was 8.3, now is 18.2).
Buffed Harvesters spawn rate (doubled) + guaranteed Detron component drop upon death.

Guess what EVERYONE is going to have, soon?

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

SilentW posted:

I haven't seen Harvester yet, so not too soon.

Korhal
Aug 9, 2007
Chaos and evolution, baby.

SilentW posted:

Well I'm mastery level 8 and I've ran into the stalker 3 times total throughout my 200+ hours,(0 harvester appearances) so even with a spawn rate buff on the harvester I doubt we'll be seeing THAT many Detrons around.

Unless you play with goons only, in which case you'll probably see a shitload because if there's one thing goons are good at in this game it's farming poo poo.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

I've only run into the Harvester once in ~200 hours played (currently at Mastery 7, and I've been assisting Grineer in every invasion). I've run into the Stalker 15-20 times at least, only killed him once.

I have my Detron BP, but none of the components.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

The login rewards are hilariously inconsistent. Yesterday I got 50% off my next platinum purchase, which could save me up to $50 (I'm not going to buy that much, but still). Today I got 2400 exp on my primary weapon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

I was born ready. I'm Ron Fucking Swanson.
HOOOOLY poo poo BLAZE UP IN NIGHTMARE ALERT!!!!

Also, Valkyr is hilariously awesome at nightmare. She gives no fucks about shields, can go invulnerable for extended periods of time, and heal herself while invulnerable.

She just really lacks any big AOE crowd control. Her stun is fairly short range.