Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
I actually had the Harvester spawn about three or so missions after the hotfix dropped which was nice. Got the Detron barrel so now all I need to do is kill him a million times because he will keep dropping the same parts over and over kill him twice more for the BP and reciever!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Mistikman posted:

HOOOOLY poo poo BLAZE UP IN NIGHTMARE ALERT!!!!
I didn't notice because I was in a long survival so I got in with pubs with about three minutes left on the timer, so no chance of trying again.

thanks team

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010
gently caress. My team had it, we won easily and it was in my list of rewards. Then I got disconnected at the results screen and it's not in my inventory.

Who do I whine at?

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.

Rivensteel posted:

gently caress. My team had it, we won easily and it was in my list of rewards. Then I got disconnected at the results screen and it's not in my inventory.

Who do I whine at?

at Warframe.com log in and go to support, they're really cool about it.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Elysiume posted:

I didn't notice because I was in a long survival so I got in with pubs with about three minutes left on the timer, so no chance of trying again.

thanks team
Was it you that talked about having a Loki with MK1 Braton and less than 200 hp in that group? That was a funny story

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Nitrox posted:

Was it you that talked about having a Loki with MK1 Braton and less than 200 hp in that group? That was a funny story
No, but that sounds like a delight.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Nope, that was me. Funniest thing was that we almost made it too. But with only two energy siphons and enough lag to prevent me from picking up energy orbs, I just couldn't blessing spam enough to keep everyone alive. And the pubbie Ogris user wasn't able to kill everything fast enough (I blame lag). Didn't even notice that the >200 hp Loki was using a MK1 until after the failure screen, too.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Does the Banshee helmet actually drop in ODD? I've done a ton of ODD and I've never seen it. And I don't particularly want to switch to farming infested defenses.

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

I was born ready. I'm Ron Fucking Swanson.

Elysiume posted:

Does the Banshee helmet actually drop in ODD? I've done a ton of ODD and I've never seen it. And I don't particularly want to switch to farming infested defenses.

Not that I know of. You need to wait for an infestation and do a tier 3 defense map for a long time. I have seen 2 drop in infested Tier 3 defense and none elsewhere. People say Xini still drops them, but I haven't seen it.

Korhal
Aug 9, 2007
Chaos and evolution, baby.

Elysiume posted:

Yes, I've gotten TWO banshee helmet BPs from ODD (Wave 5 and 10 respectively) a few weeks ago.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.
Well happy day, got my first Stalker while running invasions, and got Despair out of it.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Killsion posted:

Well happy day, got my first Stalker while running invasions, and got Despair out of it.

I still remember my first Stalker experience. Holy poo poo that was one of my all time favorite game moments. I thought my screen was glitching out at first.

Nope, a man is here to ruin your day

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.
Wait, there was a Blaze alert whilst I was asleep? Oh for gently caress's sake DE, those were the only two I needed. :argh:

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Ice Fist posted:

I still remember my first Stalker experience. Holy poo poo that was one of my all time favorite game moments. I thought my screen was glitching out at first.

The best part about the stalker is new goons freaking out in clan chat while he is murdering them.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!
I just started getting into this game myself. (Kaldaris)

I picked up the following weapons with pretty much no knowledge, just. 'This looks cool' and then I built it.

Primaries;
Karak, Latron
Secondaries;
Kunai, Magnus
Melee;
Gram, Furax.

Can anyone type any words on these weapons? Good mods to slot / better weapons? (I know the Galatine is better than the Gram)

I'm also using the Loki Warframe because I'm somehow a masochist that doesn't want any AoE at all.

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

:toot:
I started with this recently too. Pretty much everything has changed since I last played, so what should I be shooting for at this point in time? I'm also using a Loki because it looked the best back when I started.

I've already upgraded my rifle to a regular Braton and got myself a new pistol and bunch of mods for my both them and my frame, but I'm a bit stuck because everything on Venus is just killing me.

Wilko fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Jan 23, 2014

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

Wilko posted:

I started with this recently too. Pretty much everything has changed since I last played, so what should I be shooting for at this point in time? I'm also using a Loki because it looked the best back when I started.

:hfive:

Same reason I picked the Loki. Though the whole 'going invisible and making decoys' thing does wonders if your teammates fall in Survival or Defense. (Or pretty much any other time.) Best rezzers for sure.

Really liking the Karak. Good all around damage, doesn't make me feel like I have to worry about changing it between missions.

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

:toot:

Kaldaris posted:

:hfive:

Same reason I picked the Loki. Though the whole 'going invisible and making decoys' thing does wonders if your teammates fall in Survival or Defense. (Or pretty much any other time.) Best rezzers for sure.

Really liking the Karak. Good all around damage, doesn't make me feel like I have to worry about changing it between missions.

Invisibility is great for running off if your shield gets low too, since I don't have anyone to play with atm, thats my primary use of it.

motoh
Oct 16, 2012

The clack of a light autocannon going off is just how you know everything's alright.
This game has a Monster Hunter level desire detector. I have spent the past three days trying to get rhino systems and it well and truly refuses.

Are the light melee weapons at all worth using, or is heavy melee the only melee?

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

motoh posted:

This game has a Monster Hunter level desire detector. I have spent the past three days trying to get rhino systems and it well and truly refuses.

Are the light melee weapons at all worth using, or is heavy melee the only melee?

Dual weapons are OK, Twin Ichors have theoretically the highest DPS of all melee I believe.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Kaldaris posted:

I just started getting into this game myself. (Kaldaris)

I picked up the following weapons with pretty much no knowledge, just. 'This looks cool' and then I built it.

Primaries;
Karak, Latron
Secondaries;
Kunai, Magnus
Melee;
Gram, Furax.

Can anyone type any words on these weapons? Good mods to slot / better weapons? (I know the Galatine is better than the Gram)

I'm also using the Loki Warframe because I'm somehow a masochist that doesn't want any AoE at all.

All those weapons are pretty good, so no problem there. As far as slotting weapons, there's basically two builds for weapons.
A)For weapons without a good crit rating: +Damage, +Multishot, +elemental damage mods in the correct order for whatever faction you're fighting, +fire rate, whatever nightmare mods you have
B)The same thing, only add crit mods instead

motoh posted:

If by "light melee" you mean "longswords" then no all single longswords are poo poo.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Ice Fist posted:

The first Stalker I encountered, was actually glitched walking into a wall during some crazy low level I forget. We were shooting the poo poo out of him, but doing single digit damage. Slowly but surely killing him...

Then the pubbie idiot he was focused on ran back into the room, unglitched him, and got murdered so he left. :downsbravo:

motoh posted:

The RNG must actively hate me having ammo. Was murdering my way through a tower extermination... Enemies making GBS threads shotgun and sniper ammo left and right, with rarely any rifle / handgun ammo. :argh: Finally got over-whelmed and hosed up when I ran out of bullets.

limited fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Jan 23, 2014

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

limited posted:

The RNG must actively hate me having ammo. Was murdering my way through a tower extermination... Enemies making GBS threads shotgun and sniper ammo left and right, with rarely any rifle / handgun ammo. :argh: Finally got over-whelmed and hosed up when I ran out of bullets.

Bring an ammo mutator if you are planing on soloing tower runs.

Korhal
Aug 9, 2007
Chaos and evolution, baby.
PC Vauban Helmet Alert is going on now for the next HOUR AND A HALF. Get it goons. (Haha yeah right it's 9 am on a thursday, gently caress you :de:)

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Sandweed posted:

Bring an ammo mutator if you are planing on soloing tower runs.
I prefer the craftable ammo consumables for the rare occasions I actually run out of ammo simply for the fact that they don't take up mod space that is better used to make my guns more shooty (which also means they're more ammo-efficient! :science:).

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Korhal posted:

PC Vauban Helmet Alert is going on now for the next HOUR AND A HALF. Get it goons. (Haha yeah right it's 9 am on a thursday, gently caress you :de:)

It's actually a different time of day in other parts of the world :ssh:

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
PS4 11.5 update is apparently coming today...time to stop not getting Banshee Helmets from Xini and start not getting Volt parts and Anti-Moa drops from Elara...

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes
Yes indeed! PS4 is now updated, yet still behind! I've been on the Checking for updates screen for ten minutes. Anyone know how long it lasts?
Also, anyone want to explain how the Cicero crisis event works?

PSN ID(PS4): Steamshovel_Dan WiiU: Steamshovel (not playing it ATM)

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Helter Skelter posted:

I prefer the craftable ammo consumables for the rare occasions I actually run out of ammo simply for the fact that they don't take up mod space that is better used to make my guns more shooty (which also means they're more ammo-efficient! :science:).

This is more likely, because I'm not far enough along for all the fun mods to drop. I was expecting to stealth through somewhat, but nope, started on alert and had to go guns blazing from the getgo. :negative:

Still, I got all the trinity part blueprints before Hek's drop table changed with today's update. Now I just need sensors, credits and orokin shinies to craft them. :toot:

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Golgozor posted:

Yes indeed! PS4 is now updated, yet still behind! I've been on the Checking for updates screen for ten minutes. Anyone know how long it lasts?
Also, anyone want to explain how the Cicero crisis event works?

Restart the game if you are stuck on Checking for Updates. I did that and it immediately patched.

Can someone give me a rundown on the toxin stuff? I remember someone talking about scanning plants and quitting missions as it wasn't worth it to go through missions to look for plants or something?

EDIT: The store interface is a lot better now, and it seems to run smoother.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
Wikia has all the relevant info. Best way to get things done is to build one vermilion antitoxin (100 pts) and take a group (or tag along with one). Do not rush to buy one, vermilion runs will be plentiful in the last days of the event. Second best way is to run with four people each possessing a lapis anti-toxin (25pt ea.).

Frost is mandatory. Rhinos and Novas and Vaubans to kit out. Nyx may or may not help since the enemies will murder you if you're in range.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
Yay PS4 update right when I get my snazzy new TV. Welp, guess I'm cracking open some space whiskey and shooting space mans in the most ninja way possible.

E: sooooo trophies...seems like they're not retroactive....aka bullshit.

Doji Sekushi fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jan 23, 2014

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

zgrowler2 posted:

Wikia has all the relevant info. Best way to get things done is to build one vermilion antitoxin (100 pts) and take a group (or tag along with one). Do not rush to buy one, vermilion runs will be plentiful in the last days of the event. Second best way is to run with four people each possessing a lapis anti-toxin (25pt ea.).

Frost is mandatory. Rhinos and Novas and Vaubans to kit out. Nyx may or may not help since the enemies will murder you if you're in range.

Frost isn't mandatory. The biggest thing my group had to worry about was Eviscerators, since the end of the defense makes them do brutal bleed damage.

We had Ash/Nova/Loki/Vauban and pulled it off without any damage.

notmetalenough
Feb 26, 2010
Anyone got an idea of when to expect U12? They mentioned being able to move your polarities around in U12 and that feature really cannot get here soon enough.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Helter Skelter posted:

Also if you're going to do this make sure to get the 10x version for the medium ammo restore (from the dojo). The single medium ammo restore costs 4k each to build, but the 10x version only costs 9k for 10 as well as saving you shitloads of clicking.

Captain Keene
Dec 20, 2012
I pulled my Mag Prime out of the oven last night and holy poo poo, when the did Pull go from being a pubbie trolling gimmick to a gigantic wave of ragdolling death? I've maxed out Pull and Stretch and it's just hilarious to throw hordes of mobs to their death in survival and defense missions.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Captain Keene posted:

I pulled my Mag Prime out of the oven last night and holy poo poo, when the did Pull go from being a pubbie trolling gimmick to a gigantic wave of ragdolling death? I've maxed out Pull and Stretch and it's just hilarious to throw hordes of mobs to their death in survival and defense missions.

Sometime around U10, maybe? It was a gross overbuff that used to be much stronger and much wider. DE took the directive "fix Mag" very seriously.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

zgrowler2 posted:

Sometime around U10, maybe? It was a gross overbuff that used to be much stronger and much wider. DE took the directive "fix Mag" very seriously.

Now they just need to make my Ember whole again.

Shonuff
Sep 26, 2007
White like Frank Black is

motoh posted:

I had to run that mission like 8-10 times before Systems dropped ... and felt lucky. This game is giving me bad WoW flashbacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!
Now I know what it feels like to be the lone Tenno operative. :(

20 minutes behind a bugged lockout door by yourself on a survival mission is pretty intense.