Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
Healers and shaman are in high demand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nosthula
Mar 23, 2009
Anyone on right now that can get me an invite into Myth? I'm on as Nosthula.

sinewave
Aug 29, 2005

space face
This origins server is broken as poo poo, why not just play on the official ones? The rubberbanding and disconnects are a joke. How is pvp enjoyable this way?

Nosthula
Mar 23, 2009

sinewave posted:

This origins server is broken as poo poo, why not just play on the official ones? The rubberbanding and disconnects are a joke. How is pvp enjoyable this way?

A lot of people want the pre ToA RvR experience. We are hopeful they can figure out their issues.

sinewave
Aug 29, 2005

space face

Nosthula posted:

A lot of people want the pre ToA RvR experience. We are hopeful they can figure out their issues.

Whats the biggest difference for pre ToA RvR. Is this like DAOC's 'trammel' or something?

Frozen to Death
Mar 27, 2010

sinewave posted:

Whats the biggest difference for pre ToA RvR. Is this like DAOC's 'trammel' or something?

ToA added artifacts and master levels which drastically changed the game. A lot of people prefer the game before that stuff.

Brose
Feb 23, 2004

Send Help :(
Anyone have issues with their connection? It seems that when I log in it goes fine until the part where it should begin to load the zone. At that point my connection just drops. I even lose my connection to ventrilo. This does not happen outside of DAoC.

This is on the official server, btw.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
Ugh, Midgard.

Can cave Shaman work or is it buff bot or get out?

e: Also this server needs its own thread like Project 1999/Shards of Dalaya/Emerald Dream/Rebirth/etc.

boho fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Jan 22, 2014

sinewave
Aug 29, 2005

space face
How lovely is skald in pvp? I made a savage because everyone else is, but skald also looks not lovely.

sinewave fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jan 22, 2014

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Skald is amazing. Be a troll.Shamans are awesome too considering you cant dual log. Also before this server this thread was dead. No real need to make a new thread. Live DAOC just isn't what made DAOC great so that's why 90% of goons probably play on freeshards.

I'll be on after I figure out why my computer took a giant dump on itself.

Kejek
Nov 19, 2006
Yea, skald is pretty much amazing. They are incredible solo, and high demand for groups. They have a lot of utility as well. Definitely a solid choice.

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
Can someone explain how to install this? The instructions are incredibly vague. Do I install the stand alone patch or not? Everytime the launcher tried updating the old frontiers map the launcher crashed.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
ONCE YOU POP THE FUN DONT STOP

im gay posted:

Can someone explain how to install this? The instructions are incredibly vague. Do I install the stand alone patch or not? Everytime the launcher tried updating the old frontiers map the launcher crashed.

Download/install/patch on the ***MYTHIC*** client. Like you were going to play live. Download DAoCPortal from http://www.dolserver.net/daocportal/ . Make an account on Origins. (Forums account. Do that. Click Board Index (After you log in), then Create Account (This is creating your Game Account), Select mid. Open DAoC portal, click the server, enter your credentials on the right, click play.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
What race for Shaman? And someone give me a Subterranean build; I assume the modern spell lists are totally wrong. Shaman don't autotrain anything do they?

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

boho posted:

What race for Shaman? And someone give me a Subterranean build; I assume the modern spell lists are totally wrong. Shaman don't autotrain anything do they?

http://web.archive.org/web/20031206055110/www.camelotherald.com/realmabilities/
You can also get spell lists, style lists, etc off that link.

Kobold is "optimal", high dex, fast casts. But you stick out like a sore thumb.
Troll is kind of a gimmick and really only works in groups with lots of trolls. You basically run in to the fight with your tanks then play from there after enemy melee dps has already ran past you/casters have pre-kited away from you.

Believe cave shaman specs are like: 41 cave (last dd/bolt), 32 aug(yellow end. absolutely necessary), 14 mend(leftovers). And no, shamans don't auto train.

PriNGLeS fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jan 22, 2014

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax

PriNGLeS posted:

Download/install/patch on the ***MYTHIC*** client. Like you were going to play live. Download DAoCPortal from http://www.dolserver.net/daocportal/ . Make an account on Origins. (Forums account. Do that. Click Board Index (After you log in), then Create Account (This is creating your Game Account), Select mid. Open DAoC portal, click the server, enter your credentials on the right, click play.

Tried doing that and this is all that happens:

I don't use their launcher or patch at all?

Jessant
Jun 16, 2001

Use their patch. People who played Uthgard before on the same install directory could probably just jump straight over but you need the 1.109 game.dll and distributing that would be a shortcut too legal action for daoc portal. And then you will be stuck at the same point but with 1.109 in the top left until the server is up and open.

Jessant fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Jan 22, 2014

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
You'll need to find game.dll 1.109. (It's not hard.)
Does it not give you an error message after a few seconds of not loading?

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax

PriNGLeS posted:

You'll need to find game.dll 1.109. (It's not hard.)
Does it not give you an error message after a few seconds of not loading?

It just closes when I click anything. I installed their patch but the server seems to be down. I'll give it a go once it comes back up.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

im gay posted:

It just closes when I click anything. I installed their patch but the server seems to be down. I'll give it a go once it comes back up.

It is currently down and in the process of coming back up. Did you get the 1.109 dll?

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax

PriNGLeS posted:

It is currently down and in the process of coming back up. Did you get the 1.109 dll?

edit: I downloaded it, it's still showing as 1.114 though. I don't know what the hell ugh.

im gay fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jan 23, 2014

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

im gay posted:

edit: I downloaded it, it's still showing as 1.114 though. I don't know what the hell ugh.

Well did you put it in your folder?

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax

PriNGLeS posted:

Well did you put it in your folder?

Yeah I moved and replaced it. I don't need to download anything from daoc-orgins right?

Nosthula
Mar 23, 2009
After I patched up the base game through Mythic. I then downloaded their custom patch from this location, which is linked directly from the daoc origins download page.
http://62.210.172.81/PatchOrigins/Setup_Patch_Origins.exe

After installing their custom patch you should be able to just use the daoc portal to connect to the server.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
Welp I can't see to register an account. Guess it's getting hammered.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

boho posted:

Welp I can't see to register an account. Guess it's getting hammered.

Website seems to be working fine for me.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

PriNGLeS posted:

Website seems to be working fine for me.

Me too, but when I go to register a new account I get three fields:

-Account Name*
-Password*
-Password

Account Name*: Used my DAOC Origins forum name.
Password*: Forum password.
Password: If I repeat my Forum password it hangs for ~10 seconds and times out with a 503. If I type in anything else it just drops me right back on the tiny popup, says "ERROR Captcha: The Captcha is incorrect" and resets my choice to Hibernia. There is no Captcha on the page.

Minclark
Dec 24, 2013
Having a good time screwing around at level 9 and counting, its myth we were dogpiling into right? Until pvp gets fixed up a bit.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
Ok, I'm on as Boho the Kobold (gulp) Shaman.

sinewave
Aug 29, 2005

space face
Is this server still down? I can get to char select, but it wont transition into game.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

sinewave posted:

Is this server still down? I can get to char select, but it wont transition into game.

Yep. People ingame (like me) can run around and talk but the world is frozen.

Woodhouse
Aug 1, 2010

Tell me, Aldo, if I were sitting where you're sitting, would you show me mercy?
Rolling caster group with some Mordred friends on Hib.

Hit me up on Peel if anyone wants to level/group. Currently level 34ish.

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
So I might get into this. I just found out Warhammer Online closed down which made me sad. But I remember that this game was it's precursor. Is it true this still runs a subscription model (I know it says that in the OP, I'm just making sure it hasn't changed yet).

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

DarkAvenger211 posted:

So I might get into this. I just found out Warhammer Online closed down which made me sad. But I remember that this game was it's precursor. Is it true this still runs a subscription model (I know it says that in the OP, I'm just making sure it hasn't changed yet).
Read the last like 60 posts.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

Woodhouse posted:

Rolling caster group with some Mordred friends on Hib.

Hit me up on Peel if anyone wants to level/group. Currently level 34ish.

Scum.

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.

PriNGLeS posted:

Read the last like 60 posts.

Not gonna lie. I skimmed through the last 3 pages and I think the only thing I got out of it is that there may be a free private server. Is that true? I didn't see any links pointing to one so I'm probably just bad at reading.

Err I think this is it: http://www.dolserver.net/daocportal/

Is this what everyone here is playing on? Do people even still use the original servers?

DarkAvenger211 fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Jan 23, 2014

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

DarkAvenger211 posted:

Not gonna lie. I skimmed through the last 3 pages and I think the only thing I got out of it is that there may be a free private server. Is that true? I didn't see any links pointing to one so I'm probably just bad at reading.

Err I think this is it: http://www.dolserver.net/daocportal/

Is this what everyone here is playing on? Do people even still use the original servers?

I just made a detailed step by step instruction on how to play on this new server like 10 posts up.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
Most of us are playing on http://daoc-origins.net/ rolling Mid side but there appears to be a few people playing Hib as well.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
Just saw the 100+ new posts in my ucp...

This is very tempting but I don't know if I should.
I tried to go back to the live servers last year, but it only lasted one month. The glass thing and everybody being fully templated within a week kind of killed it for me.

So this is back to hardcore DAoC just with some accelerated levelling, but for gear its going to be mostly crafted stuff? BRILLIANT. (golden age for DAoC if you ask me).

Which version of the borderlands is it? The one with the towers or the original?
Darkness Falls?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woodhouse
Aug 1, 2010

Tell me, Aldo, if I were sitting where you're sitting, would you show me mercy?

Evernoob posted:

Just saw the 100+ new posts in my ucp...

This is very tempting but I don't know if I should.
I tried to go back to the live servers last year, but it only lasted one month. The glass thing and everybody being fully templated within a week kind of killed it for me.

So this is back to hardcore DAoC just with some accelerated levelling, but for gear its going to be mostly crafted stuff? BRILLIANT. (golden age for DAoC if you ask me).

Which version of the borderlands is it? The one with the towers or the original?
Darkness Falls?

All the BGs are the same, Old Frontiers is enabled, SI enabled and DF is a constant struggle. The population on the server is hitting 1200, which is the highest Ive seen on any DAoC server live or free shard in years.

Everyone is still in the process of leveling up and gearing, highest RR I think is 3L5? Though there is already 6-8fg zergs in OF running around. Its quite nostalgic and addicting.

As for you, I know who you are. :argh:

• Locked thread