Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I drink your milk box. I drink it all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Hulu Plus sucks because it still has commercials.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Between my cable company's on demand stuff, which is actually pretty robust, and Amazon Prime I have no need for Netflix anymore at all. I only re-sub for a month at a time when a new original show I want to see comes out. Like House of Cards.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Deadpool posted:

Between my cable company's on demand stuff, which is actually pretty robust, and Amazon Prime I have no need for Netflix anymore at all. I only re-sub for a month at a time when a new original show I want to see comes out. Like House of Cards.

My TV is completely dominated by my roomies so iPad is like my only option.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Aw man, no thread for the new season of Workaholics? :(

I'm on my phone but I'd make one if I wasn't. Hell, if no one makes one by the time I get home, I'll make one even though it'll be after the premiere has aired.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

zoux posted:

My TV is completely dominated by my roomies so iPad is like my only option.

I view all my cable's on demand stuff on the iPad anyway since I use cablecards.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

Deadpool posted:

I view all my cable's on demand stuff on the iPad anyway since I use cablecards.

Yeah, my mom has the Comcast xfinity app on her ipad and watches all her shows and movies from that these days.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

xeria posted:

Yeah, my mom has the Comcast xfinity app on her ipad and watches all her shows and movies from that these days.

It's a really well put together app. Between it, Streampix, HBOGO, Showtime Anywhere, and Amazon Prime I've got all I need there pretty much.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Deadpool posted:

TWC unfortunately. It took them almost 2 years to permit HBOGo.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

zoux posted:

TWC unfortunately. It took them almost 2 years to permit HBOGo.

It took Optimum three so don't let me hear you bitch.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Deadpool posted:

It's a really well put together app. Between it, Streampix, HBOGO, Showtime Anywhere, and Amazon Prime I've got all I need there pretty much.

Similarly, I have a bevy of services individually and through television subscription, but I'm thinking my foray with Hulu Plus may benefit as shows I want to see such as THE SHIELD, which only Crackle has otherwise and but a couple seasons of, are scarce to streaming. Only, I should fall on and off the wagon as things pop up.

E: The cool, chilly willy, warm, toasty, hot, and the elusive heat seem to be rubbing it out. Tragedy averted!

VVVV No doubt. VVVV

cvnvcnv fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jan 23, 2014

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Does Hulu still play the same ad over and over and over and over and over and over and over again?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Mu Zeta posted:

Does Hulu still play the same ad over and over and over and over and over and over and over again?

Cricket? You mean the service provider? In this transparent sales pitch that I am interested in and not put off by you flat cap wearing lame joke telling fat beardo motherfucker.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Watching Broad City right now. It's actually pretty good.

Edit: Ok, this show needs a thread.

BigRed0427 fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Jan 23, 2014

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I think Broad City is what Girls was trying to be, in that it's a funny show about girls being kinda gross and terrible in a surrounding that's also kinda gross and terrible.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea we're gonna need a Broad City and new Workaholics thread ASAP, both were amazing tonight.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Someone made a double thread.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3604171&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
If Workaholics is Entourage than Broad City is Sex in the City.

I've said this before but whoever has been in charge of programming on comedy central for the past couple years isn't getting paid nearly enough. For a network that was famous for green lighting, then cancelling terrible tv shows, they've been on a roll. In the past few years we've had:

Nathan For You
Inside Amy Schumer
Key and Peele
@Midnight
Workaholics
Drunk History
Futurama
Kroll Show
The Burn / Jeselnik Offensive.
Tosh.0
Broad City (was great tonight and looks extremely promising)

The only really bad shows they've had lately are Brickleberry and The Ben Show, but hey they can't all be winners. And even Brickleberry got a 2nd season.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I'm waiting on them to finally air Andy Daly's show. Seems like it's been forever on that coming out.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They didn't renew Jon Benjamin Has a Van but I guess that's understandable since from interviews Jon Benjamin says that he gave them a different show than what they actually paid him to make.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Deadpool posted:

I'm waiting on them to finally air Andy Daly's show. Seems like it's been forever on that coming out.

Andrew has a program in the works? I adore him, best wishes, but I can't imagine him leading anything. That has to be squarely why there's any delay.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

muscles like this? posted:

They didn't renew Jon Benjamin Has a Van but I guess that's understandable since from interviews Jon Benjamin says that he gave them a different show than what they actually paid him to make.

I forgot about Jon Benjamin, that was another great CC show that I was sad to see cancelled, but since it lead to Nathan For You, I'm ok with it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

soapgish posted:

Andrew has a program in the works? I adore him, best wishes, but I can't imagine him leading anything. That has to be squarely why there's any delay.

It's a show called Review that's based on some Australian show I think. He plays a reality show critic type that reviews life experiences by going through them himself. Like being on drugs, stealing things, and other wacky stuff. Jessica St. Clair is on it and plays his wife I believe. Jason Mantzoukas is also supposed to be on it.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Vertical Lime posted:

Well if Michael J. Fox didn't work to revive NBC's comedy fortunes, maybe bringing Bill Cosby back will:

http://www.deadline.com/2014/01/bill-cosby-nbc-return-tv-series-star/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

And from looking at the plot it sounds a lot like the Cosby Show
I think we can all now mark the calendar for 1/22/14 as the day that NBC officially hit the bottom of the barrel.

He's been off TV for what, 20 years now? He's also closing in on 80.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

FlamingLiberal posted:

I think we can all now mark the calendar for 1/22/14 as the day that NBC officially hit the bottom of the barrel.

He's been off TV for what, 20 years now? He's also closing in on 80.

He had a really funny comedy special not long ago. I love Cosby and will watch anything he's in on television.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Deadpool posted:

It's a show called Review that's based on some Australian show I think. He plays a reality show critic type that reviews life experiences by going through them himself. Like being on drugs, stealing things, and other wacky stuff. Jessica St. Clair is on it and plays his wife I believe. Jason Mantzoukas is also supposed to be on it.

Darn, all doubts retracted! If he's doing different things all the time, Asssscat with some EASTBOUND AND DOWN are testament he can get facetiously serious, hilariously.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Deadpool posted:

You said all of my favorite words. When can I see this?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

feedmyleg posted:

You said all of my favorite words. When can I see this?

I don't know! I've been waiting for months. They filmed it last summer. Sometime this year was the last I heard.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
God dammit. Well hopefully I'll have a chance to see it at some local film festival. When is the world, outside of guys who like The League for the wrong reasons, going to understand the beauty of Jason Mantzoukas? And, for that matter, Jessica St. Clair needs a much bigger audience. Or when can I become a casting director in Hollywood? Can I win it in a sweepstakes or something?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

feedmyleg posted:

God dammit. Well hopefully I'll have a chance to see it at some local film festival. When is the world, outside of guys who like The League for the wrong reasons, going to understand the beauty of Jason Mantzoukas? And, for that matter, Jessica St. Clair needs a much bigger audience. Or when can I become a casting director in Hollywood? Can I win it in a sweepstakes or something?

St. Clair and Lennon Parham are doing a comedy series for USA. So there's something. Maybe it'll be as good as BFF almost was before it was prematurely ended. Keegan Michael Key is also main cast in it.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
If Michael J Fox didn't do anything for NBC what the hell makes them think Bill Cosby will? I'll admit I don't have any idea how big an influence he was when his show was on the air but the perception I've always had and seen from members of my generation is "old-fashioned old-rear end man".

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Bown posted:

If Michael J Fox didn't do anything for NBC what the hell makes them think Bill Cosby will? I'll admit I don't have any idea how big an influence he was when his show was on the air but the perception I've always had and seen from members of my generation is "old-fashioned old-rear end man".
NBC is badly flailing around at the bottom of the ratings charts, even against ABC, which hasn't had the greatest last few years, but has still produced some shows. NBC has virtually nothing to show.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Bown posted:

Cosby had an tremendous influence back in the day. A series with 90 % black actors being a nationwide hit (and worldwide later on) was in incredible thing, even if it was pretty conservative and seems now oldfashioned and very dated in many regards. However, Cosby is very, very old now, if MJF didn't work I doubt he will either.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

FlamingLiberal posted:

NBC is badly flailing around at the bottom of the ratings charts, even against ABC, which hasn't had the greatest last few years, but has still produced some shows. NBC has virtually nothing to show.

*When The Voice isn't on. When it is, NBC is #1! :downs:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

scary ghost dog posted:

Hulu Plus sucks because it still has commercials.

Hey, let's be fair. Even if they didn't have commercials Hulu Plus would suck. :v:

I just love having to retry my connection three or four times to continue watching a show when it goes to commercial and switches servers.

If it wasn't for the fact that it's cheaper to pay for Hulu Plus to watch the Daily Show than it is to have a cable subscription just for watching the Daily Show I'd probably dump it. Yeah, I get some use out of the other shows and the Criterion Collection is nice, but they can't code a front end to save their life, have moronic splits between "web" and "other" content, and the server infrastructure is dogshit.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I've never had any problems like that :shrug:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Deadpool posted:

He had a really funny comedy special not long ago. I love Cosby and will watch anything he's in on television.

You can't call it a stand-up special though since he's not capable of doing that for very long anymore.

That show is going to be like that Whose Line Is It Anyway? Sit/Stand/Lean skit.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

Random Stranger posted:

If it wasn't for the fact that it's cheaper to pay for Hulu Plus to watch the Daily Show than it is to have a cable subscription just for watching the Daily Show I'd probably dump it.

The Daily Show is free on Comedy Central's website. :confused:

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It's also free on normal Hulu too...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Aphrodite posted:

You can't call it a stand-up special though since he's not capable of doing that for very long anymore.

That show is going to be like that Whose Line Is It Anyway? Sit/Stand/Lean skit.

Will it be a sitcom with him and Hitler as roommates?

• Locked thread