Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Apollove posted:

What is everyone's favorite gamecenter cx moment. It can be anything.

This .gif really doesn't do this moment justice but I laughed so very hard at this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Apollove posted:

I admit it's cheating a bit by naming something general rather than something specific from an episode, but I always love when he makes some elaborate plan (especially with the help of the ADs), then does something really stupid before the plan can even start, thus invalidating minutes of careful pondering. It's always something really stupid, too, not the incredibly tricky bit he was trying to figure out.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
I think it's especially funny when the ADs think of some trick to help him out but it ends up being a total crapshoot; during the Yellow Devil bossfight when Takahashi helps him get a pattern for jumping by shouting jump, and they can't get in sync at all. I'm sure Nakayama has done something like that too, or someone else during another game, these ideas never seem to work but it's funny anyway.

Joctan
Sep 2, 2011
The resolution of the mighty bomb jack live challenge is my absolute favorite moment

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Apollove posted:

There's so many good ones... but I've always got the most laughs out of Arino's pool date with Shiori (in Tokimeki Memorial) when he spaces out in the middle of her speaking and then goes "Isn't her chin sticking out a bit? Like this: :>"

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Jan 22, 2014

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Joctan posted:

The resolution of the mighty bomb jack live challenge is my absolute favorite moment

Same here, except with Quest of Ki. Tsuruoka just completely blew it, but at least his blunders resulted in a close finish and a miraculous game reset.

I also like in Yuuyu's Quiz de Go Go how members of the staff gradually join in due to accidentally blurting out the answers and the bumper picture reflects this change by adding their faces each time.

Go! Go!

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

This .gif really doesn't do this moment justice but I laughed so very hard at this.

Hahah, yeah this one is my favourite too.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

Joctan posted:

Oh god yes, especially when the audience congratulates Inoko MAX on helping Arino beat it... He totally deserves it since he had a rather rough start on the show. :unsmith:

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
My favorite moment is every time Arino smiles gleefully upon getting a game over in Battletoads and having to redo stage 3.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

e: I wanted to link an old youtube clip that no longer exists, my funniest moment of choice suffers from retelling and I'll just leave it be now :(

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

There are so many great moments but the top one has to be "Fightin's gone".

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

My personal favorite is the series of cardigans from F-Zero. I love the line about the "seasonal spring outfit".

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Tonfa posted:

There are so many great moments but the top one has to be "Fightin's gone".

Context:

ryden
Oct 9, 2011

ACAB

There are tons of great moments in this show for me. A lot of them have already been said, but allow me to submit one that hasn't been mentioned yet.

KACHO NO BONUS

TheWanderingNewbie
Oct 12, 2007

Gotta Get Dem Cheevos

Apollove posted:

I'm probably going to have to go with this one, though it might be because it was my first one. Ninja Gaiden, after the first day of recording, after Arino and the 3 ADs have worked so hard to get where they were, they're all just staring at the Famicom and no one wants to turn the system off and lose all that progress. Eventually Abe has to turn the system off.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Arino is so lovely at fighting games, especially since old ones were hard as hell. It's always a treat to watch him get repeatedly steamrolled by the AI until he figures out a way to bullshit through.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all

What episode was this one from?

makere
Jan 14, 2012
Which episode was the "KOTAK!" promo for the RGM?

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...
What was the one where he said something like "By time up, do they mean time up?....That was really stupid."

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Zain posted:

I have a really bad memory with this so I can't help ya. >:v:<

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Zain posted:

Umihara Kawase, which is also probably my favorite episode (since it's got the segment where he plays Metal Slug with the old shopkeeper).

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all

Fooley posted:

What was the one where he said something like "By time up, do they mean time up?....That was really stupid."

Oh god... I want to say it was early seasons like 3-5. Hmmm

OrochiKiyo
Sep 9, 2012
My favorite moment is, during the Punch-Out challenge, the sequence of Arino sitting in a folding chair being coached by Emoto... then having the situation reversed when Emoyan hits a Russian Southpaw wall. I love that episode.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
I love it when he beats the first form of the final boss, and he puts the controller down and celebrates, only to realize that he's about to die from the second form.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Cemetry Gator posted:

I love it when he beats the first form of the final boss, and he puts the controller down and celebrates, only to realize that he's about to die from the second form.

You could make a gif montage just of those moments.

Then another one of the moments when he pauses, makes a detailed plan, then runs directly off a cliff.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I liked when he was playing the Golgo 13 game, he would make fun of the moments when just Golgo's head in the corner of a scenic view or something like he was taking a photo.

I also really liked when he was trying to make the ultimate horse for that horse racing game, and he unknowingly made an inbred horse and named it Giga Watanabe.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
This is why I would love to watch Arino attempt to play SimCity...

"Hmm... Crime is really high, traffic is horrible, and everyone's complaining about high taxes."
*Triggers every natural disaster*
"That should take care of everything. *laughs*"

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

makere posted:

Which episode was the "KOTAK!" promo for the RGM?

Child-Rearing Quiz: My Angel, if you mean the Arino intro where he speaks English.

TOH
Jun 24, 2013

Hope thrusts alone!
Toujima blocking the sun is probably my favorite. Seeing the scene cut to him just dutifully standing there made me crack up yet feel warm and sympathetic.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

TOH posted:

Toujima blocking the sun is probably my favorite. Seeing the scene cut to him just dutifully standing there made me crack up yet feel warm and sympathetic.

I always wondered why he stood facing the sun. Pain aside, he'd be better able to tell he was doing a good job if he was actually looking at Arino.

El-Bonko
Oct 9, 2012

Xik posted:

Just got around to watching the behind the scenes of the lemmings 24 hour broadcast. My favorite part:

I think this might be my favorite, but really, there are too many to choose from.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

That is hands-down my top line of the show.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Actually this discussion got me thinking back, I think my favorite moment in the show is that time Arino briefly became a rap star.

Whilst farting I
Apr 25, 2006

Fooley posted:

That's from SOS.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Post the picture of Arino trying to win the Rei wearing a sheer thing.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Meme Emulator posted:

Post the picture of Arino trying to win the Rei wearing a sheer thing.

Also, this is another one of my favorite moments (technically):

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

"The next game's initials are WP". Could it be Wonder Project J?

Kakaricho fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jan 23, 2014

Manfrey
Sep 18, 2006

Frying high
Feering good

Kakaricho posted:

"The next game's initials are WP". Could it be Wonder Project J?

Maybe, some other possibilities:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woody_Poko
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wedding_Peach#Games
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wagan_Land#Wagan_Paradise

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

ryden posted:

KACHO NO BONUS

This has to rank up there as one my favourites, even seeing the .gif just made me crack up even if it also doesn't really do the moment justice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Does anyone have a link to the comic about the GCCX folks? I need it for Reasons.