Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

JT Smiley posted:

gently caress.... That is ugly as poo poo. I get what they're going for, but that's terrible. A pair of dirty old socks for as a belt?

Edit: I just noticed the tribal tattoo.

I think that's supposed to be the arms of a hoodie wrapped around his waist, not socks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm guessing the finished product will look a little better than a lovely halloween costume

e:VVV I didn't say much better

Opopanax fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Jan 23, 2014

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Opopanax posted:

I'm guessing the finished product will look a little better than a lovely halloween costume

You know let's not say things we can't take back...

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Opopanax posted:

Well you should watch Vikings because it was really good

I would but Netflix still isn't carrying it :argh:

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Yes. Her face moves though.
Wait, Miranda had a face too? There were camera shots in that game that weren't just loving butt shots?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

According to Deadline it looks like our first look at (officially released) footage from Guardians of the Galaxy will come during the Super Bowl.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

twistedmentat posted:

So, aparantly this is what the Ninja turtles are going to look like (yes it is a Halloween Costume)

http://i.imgur.com/lBuJola.jpg

Yea, that movie is going to be terrible.

Look the only costume you can use the Halloween version of how it actually looks on screen is Captain America's okay.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Deadpool posted:

According to Deadline it looks like our first look at (officially released) footage from Guardians of the Galaxy will come during the Super Bowl.

Yesssss I can't wait for people to be confused as poo poo.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Dexo posted:

Yesssss I can't wait for people to be confused as poo poo.
"Over the Hedge 2 sure got dark!"

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Guardians is destined for failure now anyway since it'll be the first Marvel Studios film without a Stan Lee cameo.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Waterhaul posted:

Guardians is destined for failure now anyway since it'll be the first Marvel Studios film without a Stan Lee cameo.

I get not having created them but I still don't understand. How do you miss the chance to put Stan Lee in space?

And he totally should have been an Asgardian in Valhalla or something.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

well, who is gonna cameo, then?

Jim Starlin? Englehart? DnA?

you can't tell me there will be zero cameo

the more obscure, the better

PupsOfWar fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jan 23, 2014

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

PupsOfWar posted:

well, who is gonna cameo, then?

Jim Starlin? Englehart? DnA?

you can't tell me there will be zero cameo

It will be Mike Mignola

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

PupsOfWar posted:

Intergalactic wanted posters with the faces of Arnold Drake and Gene Colan, with Jim Valentino in a cameo as warden in a space prison.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Waterhaul posted:

If it's down to not having created them, then that explains why Stan wasn't in either of the Wolverine movies. Other than standards.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Looks like DC is finally getting serious about a Wonder Woman film.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Yvonmukluk posted:

If it's down to not having created them, then that explains why Stan wasn't in either of the Wolverine movies. Other than standards.

He was in Captain America, wasn't he?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Dan Didio posted:

Yeah but he did write him in the Avengers and did create the Howling Commandos.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.

Dan Didio posted:

While he didn't create Cap his first work was on Cap and he had very instrumental runs on the character.

He wasn't in either Ghost Rider movie or any of the Blade movies. Let Stan Lee be in the movies for characters he's actually connected to but he doesn't need to be in all of them.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

That excuse is great because I imagine Stan Lee showing up to various Marvel films and being shooed away, just being left to walk home with the lonely Hulk theme playing and all because he didn't create the character. Because Marvel is all about creator rights.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Dan Didio posted:

While he didn't create Captain America he did basically recreate him with the whole man out of time bit.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Does it even matter whether he created a character or even wrote for it? Even one iota of creative input? He's the chairman emeritus of Marvel, i.e. Marvel's honorary leader, their figurehead. He can be in all of the Marvel movies as far as I'm concerned.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Lobok posted:

Does it even matter whether he created a character or even wrote for it? Even one iota of creative input? He's the chairman emeritus of Marvel, i.e. Marvel's honorary leader, their figurehead. He can be in all of the Marvel movies as far as I'm concerned.

And he can not be in a movie if he doesn't want to?

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Senor Candle posted:

And he can not be in a movie if he doesn't want to?

Even if Stan Lee lived to a million years he would never shun attention or trying to be a "movie star".

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Waterhaul posted:

That excuse is great because I imagine Stan Lee showing up to various Marvel films and being shooed away, just being left to walk home with the lonely Hulk theme playing and all because he didn't create the character.

"Fine, I'll go make my own superhero movie. With blackjack! And hookers!"

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Stan Lee should be in Man of Steel 2.

Lee (to Batman): I thought you were a black professional wrestler.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

TwoPair posted:

"Fine, I'll go make my own superhero movie. With blackjack! And hookers!"

You joke but ....... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stripperella

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
If Stan Lee walked up to a set anywhere I don't know how or why anyone could turn him down if he wanted a cameo. gently caress, in the rear end to rear end scene in Requiem for a Dream or Braveheart on the battlefield if he showed up, just put him in there and let him do his thing for 30 seconds.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

greatn posted:

Stan Lee should be in Man of Steel 2.

Lee (to Batman): I thought you were a black professional wrestler.

I still like his version of the Flash. :colbert: Hummingbird DNA is no dumber than heavy water or super-math! And the rainbow ribbon as the trail was a neat concept, though that might've been the artist for the issue's idea.

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!

muscles like this? posted:

While he didn't create Captain America he did basically recreate him with the whole man out of time bit.

Also Wikipedia says Stan Lee wrote a story in Captain America #3 when he was like 19.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

The casting call for the new Fantastic Four movie is evidently out in the open, and with it they included a synopsis:

quote:

“The Fantastic Four’ will tell the story of two very young friends, Reed Richards and Ben Grimm. After an event transforms the boys, they find themselves empowered with bizarre new abilities. Reed becomes a scientific genius who can stretch, twist and re-shape his body to inhuman proportions. Ben becomes a monstrous, craggy humanoid with orange, rock-like skin and super strength. However, the two end up being owned by the government and used as weapons. But after they mature, two others with powers come into the picture – Sue Storm “The Invisible Girl” and Johnny Storm “The Human Torch.”

Keep in mind this might not be reflective of the final film.

Hakkesshu fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Jan 23, 2014

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Well that's certainly, uh.... at least the "owned by the government" part is vaguely like the early days of Ultimate FF, I guess?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!
Haha is it really called Man of Steel 2: Knight Fever?

That's the worst.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So... other than the powers and names being the same not the Fantastic Four.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

muscles like this? posted:

So... other than the powers and names being the same not the Fantastic Four.

Go full bore and do Adam Warren's Mangaverse FF. (Which is the Fantastic Four mashed up with Neon Genesis Evangelion)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There was an alternate universe FF story where they worked more with the government. It was also a period piece.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Gaz-L posted:

Go full bore and do Adam Warren's Mangaverse FF. (Which is the Fantastic Four mashed up with Neon Genesis Evangelion)

The one tolerable thing to come out of Marvel Mangaverse. And even then, barely.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Michael B Jordan is all but confirmed as Johnny Storm, but they're auditioning white actresses for Sue so it looks like they won't be blood siblings. I have no issue with making Johnny black but not having Sue be his actual sister I think hurts the family angle of the F4.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

well you know they weren't going to cast a black Sue, for obvious reasons, so

Anyways, they could still be half-siblings probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

PupsOfWar posted:

well you know they weren't going to cast a black Sue, for obvious reasons, so

Piss off John Byrne?

• Locked thread