Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
So I guess Operation Bravo was supposed to stop like now but Valve got lazy and said eh gently caress it?

:allears: You magnificent bastard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
What's their policy on porting maps over to regular season?

Will be a drat shame if they remove Cache from MM :[

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Zaphod42 posted:

So I guess Operation Bravo was supposed to stop like now but Valve got lazy and said eh gently caress it?

They extended it again to February 5th so more people can grind out their gold coins.

http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/2014/01/8430/

edit:
I don't think they will be removing any of the maps from MM servers. Pretty sure all that the "end" of operation bravo will mean is no more grinding silver/gold coins and no more bravo case drops.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Razzled posted:

omg lol HOW. fuuuck. I can't even hit them like that just scoping in like normal

:csgo:

I mean, I was averaging about 4 of these each map I played. Some maps I would have none and others would have like 6 or 7. Also, it is about knowing the angles you CAN get away with it.

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

I especially love the one where you appear to start the 360 before squeaky door even opens and a T runs through to get no-scoped. That's some prescient 360-no-scoping.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

RadioPassive posted:

I especially love the one where you appear to start the 360 before squeaky door even opens and a T runs through to get no-scoped. That's some prescient 360-no-scoping.

I was honestly considering taking that one out of the video because I stand for so long after the 360. The guy was running at door and just stopped for a longer time then I planned before pushing through the door.

Fat Lou fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jan 23, 2014

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

I just made a handy instructional video about toxic in de_nuke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQNgwtBM-cQ

Edit: I think I need more hobbies.

Fat Lou fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jan 23, 2014

Motley
Nov 1, 2013

astr0man posted:

They extended it again to February 5th so more people can grind out their gold coins.

http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/2014/01/8430/

edit:
I don't think they will be removing any of the maps from MM servers. Pretty sure all that the "end" of operation bravo will mean is no more grinding silver/gold coins and no more bravo case drops.

Wait does this mean everyone will get access to the Bravo maps? Or should I buy the ticket while it's still available?

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
Everyone can already play the Bravo maps? Buying the pass gets you the coin and a higher chance at the bravo specific drops.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

astr0man posted:

Everyone can already play the Bravo maps? Buying the pass gets you the coin and a higher chance at the bravo specific drops.

Nah, I can't join on bravo maps unless I'm partied with someone who has a pass. Once he quits, I get booted on map change.

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

When you have a Hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Fat Lou posted:

I just made a handy instructional video about toxic in de_nuke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQNgwtBM-cQ

Edit: I think I need more hobbies.

I will never get tired of watching Fat Lou frag videos. What's the dubstep song at the end? (you know, for, uh, ironic purposes)

PROTOSTORM!!!
Oct 24, 2010
Always buy into new map packs, granted they give you bravo like perks. My friend grabbed bravo when it dropped, and we hit up a few games, not 5 games in did he get a bravo case worth 14$ from the jump, and another a few days later still roughly banking 10$.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Barehanded Brother posted:

I will never get tired of watching Fat Lou frag videos. What's the dubstep song at the end? (you know, for, uh, ironic purposes)

Also, what was that "420 smoke weed" song from the earlier video? I know the Snoop song its from, but I can't find that silly remix anywhere on the internet, and I don't even know what to search for. :cheeky:

John T Scrungus
Oct 23, 2010

:confused:
New update is supposedly out: http://steamcommunity.com/games/CSGO/announcements/detail/1769088494577248580

Wonder what they mean by this:
- Significant improvement to server infrastructure to support growing CS:GO community

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

The Daltony posted:

New update is supposedly out: http://steamcommunity.com/games/CSGO/announcements/detail/1769088494577248580

- Significant improvement to server infrastructure to support growing CS:GO community

Maybe it's going free to play and this is them saying they beefed up infrastructure?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

The Daltony posted:

128 tick ? No, gently caress players.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

kalstrams posted:

128 tick ? No, gently caress players.

This is never going to happen, because of the framerate thing.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

astr0man posted:

I know :(

John T Scrungus
Oct 23, 2010

:confused:

Weinertron posted:

Maybe it's going free to play and this is them saying they beefed up infrastructure?

I really hope they don't do it but it's pretty much inevitable at this point.

I would bet on GO being f2p by the end of this year at the latest.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

astr0man posted:

They should just make 2 queues. One for 64 and one for 128. Force players to do a benchmark to get into 128 tick queue. Everyone is happy. Except for the scrubs in the 64 tick queue.

They should fix the memory leak and the smoke bug first.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Having played a game in the past week where the global chat turned into diddling a pre-pubescent boy, can going F2P really make anything but smurfs/hackers worse? I feel if the community at large got any lower we'd be China's space program.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
Valve almost certainly makes more money from the market than the game itself at this point. But I think they understand the :10bux: barrier being a very basic hacker defense. Everyone who wants to play CSGO probably already owns CSGO.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler

The Daltony posted:

I'm hoping its a fix to the matchmaking servers dying for hours at a time on the weekends.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
Here's the full patch notes:

Patch Notes posted:

[ UI ]
- Fixed an alt-tab related memory leak.
- Added ability for Friends Lister to display two columns of friends.
- Added ability for mouse wheel to scroll Friends Lister.
- Added filtering by item name. Players can enter any part of an item name in the text field to filter their inventory.
- Added ability to sort items when selecting items that will work with a tool.
- Players can no longer initiate a vote kick on the final round or match point.
- The 'bomb has been planted alert' now also states the number of seconds that mp_c4timer is set to.
- The voice chat button in the lobby (microphone) now stores it's state from session to session.
- Fixed remaining cases where Blog would take mouse input when if was obscured.
- Fixed Main Menu bar buttons getting stuck in highlighted state.
- Context menu entries are now divided into categories.
- Open Case UI will auto-select a key in cases where players do not need to choose between different types of keys.
- Fixed cases where players could not rename items in Lobby and Pause menu inventories.
- Inventory images will show the thumbnail for a weapon's sticker.
- Buying helmet when you already have kevlar will now update the health/armor HUD icon element immediately on purchase.
- Fixed the freeze cam panel not always having the killer's weapon item data during demo playback.
- Grenades now show player ownership in their name.
- Fixed some vote panel text getting truncated.
- Fixed the health, armor and ammo HUD elements not showing up sometimes when spectating some players.
- Fixed some alignment issues on the spectator follow panel
- Fixed the weapon image in the spectator panel not having a background.
- Realigned the spectator follow panel a bit.
- The gift drop alert panel has been de-holiday-ified.
- Removed the snow from the main menu background.
- Turned off rope and freeze cam holiday effects.
- Fixed missing Cyrillic characters in chat.
- Fixed HUD disappearing when alt-tabbing or starting another app (like hlmv).

edit:
Also, regarding the Operation Bravo map junk, they added a vote thing to the main menu where you can vote for what Bravo maps should stay in the full game once it ends.

astr0man fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jan 24, 2014

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

Hallelujah...

Over/under on the grenade owner change leading into grenade skins?

Lavender Philtrum
May 16, 2011
http://74.91.119.72/demos/2014-01-23-11_33_44_de_inferno.dem

fat lou, i think after watching this demo you will understand what must be done.

jesus loving christ that game

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Razzled posted:

Hallelujah...

I don't see why not. Honestly now that I think of it I'm surprised they haven't done it already.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
It would be a bit strange as part of the game play is being able to identify tiny objects flying through the air and reacting correctly. I would guess that the change to the particle affect on cache points away from grenade skins.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

Razzled posted:

Hallelujah...

I can't wait for the Flashbang RED STRIP skin and the Decoy CYAN STRIP skin.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Shadowlz posted:

I can't wait for the Flashbang RED STRIP skin and the Decoy CYAN STRIP skin.

I'm probably a fuckin idiot for thinking this is a good idea

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

astr0man posted:

What's the framerate thing?

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Less Fat Luke posted:

What's the framerate thing?

Tick rate only benefits you if your frame rate is high. Think about it this way: on a slow computer the network updates your computer 64 times per second but your computer only updates your eyes only 30 times per second. The average framerate for all clients is far below 64 fps which is a major reason they don't have 128 tick servers.

BrandNew
May 16, 2007

Get me my BLUE WINDBREAKER!
This is so strange I was playing on the goonman server fine for the first half of a match then suddenly my ping jumps to 90 and I get constant loss. No one else has any issues and I only have problems with the goon server and another gameME server I play on. Every other server is totally fine.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

BrandNew posted:

This is so strange I was playing on the goonman server fine for the first half of a match then suddenly my ping jumps to 90 and I get constant loss. No one else has any issues and I only have problems with the goon server and another gameME server I play on. Every other server is totally fine.

This happens to me pretty regularly on the goonman server. However, the duration of the spikes and how often they occur seems to vary from time to time, and I have no idea what the catalyst for them could be since I live pretty drat close to the server location.

Motley
Nov 1, 2013

PROTOSTORM!!! posted:

Always buy into new map packs, granted they give you bravo like perks. My friend grabbed bravo when it dropped, and we hit up a few games, not 5 games in did he get a bravo case worth 14$ from the jump, and another a few days later still roughly banking 10$.

But now that Operation Bravo is coming to a close, what will they do with the maps? Will the new Valve map be added into the regular map pool or will it still be exclusive to those who bought Bravo? I'm wondering if getting Bravo now would be a waste of money because its ending in a few days.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Motley posted:

But now that Operation Bravo is coming to a close, what will they do with the maps? Will the new Valve map be added into the regular map pool or will it still be exclusive to those who bought Bravo? I'm wondering if getting Bravo now would be a waste of money because its ending in a few days.

I bought it yesterday; I'm a cheapskate with games but it's one buck man, don't overthink it. If you have a 10% chance of dropping a case before it ends you already break even.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Motley posted:

I've not seen it yet but there's apparently a voting system that will determine which maps from the previous 2 operations are put into the game permanently.

You should vote for Cache and Cache only. Maybe Seaside for a laugh.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Vote Agency. You know you want a broken map in there too!

It's weird, for the entirety of Bravo I only saw Cache, Agency, and occasionally Seaside and that was it. All of a sudden last weekend those were rare and I saw Chinatown, Ali, and Gwalior constantly. Still have never seen Siege or Ruins though.

Overpass and Cobble were popular their first week out but I didn't see them after that either.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

kcer posted:

I've not seen it yet but there's apparently a voting system that will determine which maps from the previous 2 operations are put into the game permanently.

You should vote for Cache and Cache only. Maybe Seaside for a laugh.

It showed up for me in the main menu, there was a yellow "!" button in the top right that isn't normally there. I'm assuming it only shows up for bravo pass holders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FetalDave
Jun 25, 2011

Moumantai!

astr0man posted:

It showed up for me in the main menu, there was a yellow "!" button in the top right that isn't normally there. I'm assuming it only shows up for bravo pass holders.

It showed up for me and I don't have a bravo pass. It's not entirely apparent though. You kinda need to be looking up there to notice it.

• Locked thread