Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

CannedMacabre posted:

I want a custom R.E.M. guitar. But I really want their faces on it. Well, not their actual faces, but a representation of their faces that looks like somebody transferred their "likenesses" via silly putty from a low res newspaper photo.

OH! There it is:

Ah yeah! It's even on a Squire Strat with their autographs on a blue tinted white pick guard! Everybody loves that!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271375301887

$1000!?! What a bargain!

ooh the even went all out and got the stamped steel saddles

accept nothing less from you r.e.m. guitar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

HollisBrown posted:

I had to look up the Travis Bean.....

Yup I always hated that guitar, never knew who made it

i am a secret grateful dead guitar nerd, it is my shame

CannedMacabre
Jul 6, 2007

In space, no one
can hear you fart.
Alpha Alpo as gently caress:

Let's take some really glossy pickup covers and screw em down with $0.90 worth of deck screws. Never mind the rest of the hardware being brass. What's that? We only have 3 gold-tone knobs left? Use three white ones too.

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Now it's been 17 summers since I've seen my mother

But every night I see her smile inside my dreams

mclast posted:

that's your guitar white dog egG

I actually think this looks cool for the roses on it, I could do without the Garcia

I think I secretly lust for a Castlevania guitar with thorny roses and a candlestick holder

CannedMacabre
Jul 6, 2007

In space, no one
can hear you fart.

Declan MacManus posted:

ooh the even went all out and got the stamped steel saddles

accept nothing less from you r.e.m. guitar

On closer inspection, it looks like the pick guard has protective plastic on it. Look at the screws. The autographs are also scratched as gently caress. I can't be certain, but it looks like the signatures are on TOP of the protective plastic. Which is probably why it is being sold in a glass box display case. What a piece of poo poo.

Fair Hallion
Jul 25, 2007

:toot: :toot: :toot: :toot:
Fender just shat this onto my facebook feed:

Fender UK & ROI
‪#‎NAMM2014‬. Check out this Limited Edition Custom Shop 1964 Stratocaster NOS Taos Turquoise with gold leaf stripes.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
id use that pickguard

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

My guitar is black and white I think and I get cramp if I play bar chords too long.

Dec 26, 2012

CannedMacabre posted:

Alpha Alpo as gently caress:

Let's take some really glossy pickup covers and screw em down with $0.90 worth of deck screws. Never mind the rest of the hardware being brass. What's that? We only have 3 gold-tone knobs left? Use three white ones too.

the quest to resemble the wangcaster as closely as possible without it being 100% clear is going well i see

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Spanish Manlove posted:

id use that pickguard

same, it's very hanoi rocks which is extremely my poo poo

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Fair Hallion posted:

Fender just shat this onto my facebook feed:

Fender UK & ROI
‪#‎NAMM2014‬. Check out this Limited Edition Custom Shop 1964 Stratocaster NOS Taos Turquoise with gold leaf stripes.

Make the pickguard all black, black pickup covers, gold plated pole pieces. I would rock that unironically. The striped pickguard and gold pup covers just make it too busy, and take away from an ostentatious, but great paintjob.

That's one of Fender Custom Shop's problems. They don't know when to quit.

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

REACH HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE BABY

kony 2014

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Having the cutout be a chunk taken out of the helmet is actually kinda clever, and the bullseye inlay on the 12th fret doesn't look horrible.

Of course, I'm saying that in a "dog poo poo with crayons in it looks interesting, but it's still dogshit" sense.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

HollisBrown posted:

I had to look up the Travis Bean.....

Yup I always hated that guitar, never knew who made it

You could tell me that guitar is sponsored by JCPenny and I'd believe it.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

You're only allowed to do covers of surf Nicaragua and holiday in Cambodia on that thing

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Player makes all the difference:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Does that moron have the guitar strap around his waist? :lol:

O Rapture
Feb 28, 2007

Allen Wren posted:

If you're going to have a gold guitar, it needs to be sparkly. Like Billy Zoom's stuff.

Silver, but close enough for discussion. Also, good lord, that's a baby-eating grin.

I'm only on page 67, but I've got to chime in here.

Billy Zoom is the man. (Maybe my inner drag queen wants a Gretsch Sparkle Jet, I dunno.) But when I took up the guitar I somehow got into an email discussion with Billy (he's a custom amp builder out in CA now), and he was super patient and helpful in answering my questions and helping me sort out guitar bullshit.

Anyway, for content, here is the ugly Korean-built guitar I ended up buying:

It's not as atrocious as some others in this thread, but yeah, yeah EMGs, cheap black wash effect, etc. In my defense, I'm a lovely guitarist who just likes to turn it to 11 and make a racket when so inspired.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Steve Albini wears his straps in revolutionary FUTURE style. Yes he's an admitted sperg. Why?

Also, I love Travis Bean. Don't get the hate for it. :(

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
DEFEND YOUR PURCHASE

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

Remulak posted:

Player makes all the difference:

Yep Steve Albini makes that guitar look (and I'm sure sound) even worse.

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax
Also he's doing it wrong, guitar is covering his dick. What a noob.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

HollisBrown posted:

Also he's doing it wrong, guitar is covering his dick. What a noob.

this is true but i do not appreciate other albini sass

Dirt
May 26, 2003

This will be my next guitar purchase, I love ugly guitars

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Dirt posted:

not ugly

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Dec 26, 2012

the color is

shape isnt too bad though

O Rapture
Feb 28, 2007

Spanish Manlove posted:

DEFEND YOUR PURCHASE

Sorry... that is the game we're playing, right?

man thats gross
Sep 4, 2004
just now i was thinking it would be cool if ppl made a guitar where the volume is always dimed and each knob was for individual pickup tone control

yeah cool

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

01011001 posted:

the color is

shape isnt too bad though

sadly dadrock sunburst and violent surf colors are pretty much the only options for reverend (i think they offer goldtop but that's a little too boring)

man thats gross posted:

just now i was thinking it would be cool if ppl made a guitar where the volume is always dimed and each knob was for individual pickup tone control

yeah cool

same

man thats gross
Sep 4, 2004
i mean the only time i touch my volume is to make sure i didnt accidnetally make it not 10

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.

Declan MacManus posted:

sadly dadrock sunburst and violent surf colors are pretty much the only options for reverend (i think they offer goldtop but that's a little too boring)

Some of the hollowbodies actually look pretty nice.

I was thinking of picking up a Reverend a few weeks ago, but it sounded like a lot of wood-sperging from the guy at the shop.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Dirt posted:

Not ugly.

Ugly.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

man thats gross posted:

yeah cool

Cool thing about electronics is that you can easily do this by just taking out the volume pot then running poo poo as:
Pickup 1 tone 1 to switch side A
Pickup 2 to tone 2 switch side b
Switch side Y to kill switch
Kill switch to output jack.

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat

Spanish Manlove posted:

Kill switch to output jack.

I had a whole metal band show up today wanting their guitars tweaked. I actually installed a kill-switch in a bass and I feel sort of dirty now.

I can't decide if this is ugly or not;

It looks so goofy that I want one.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

White Dog Eggs posted:

I had a whole metal band show up today wanting their guitars tweaked. I actually installed a kill-switch in a bass and I feel sort of dirty now.

I can't decide if this is ugly or not;

It looks so goofy that I want one.

If you don't have volume pots and don't have a volume pedal then a kill switch is a good idea to avoid tons of noise at really high gain

fonducci
Feb 5, 2007
"The other white meat"

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

that cheese grater owns but everything else is stupid

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat

Spanish Manlove posted:

If you don't have volume pots and don't have a volume pedal then a kill switch is a good idea to avoid tons of noise at really high gain

He just wanted one installed in his stupid point BC-Rich bass, when he was trying it out on my amp he was playing normal boring metal bass riffs and randomly smacking the switch. I don't get it, but I got paid and I like money so it's all good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Not only is this guitar hideous, but the very first time you'd quickly slide from the higher frets down to the first, you'd come close to slitting your goddamn wrist on that tail.

• Locked thread