Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
my favorite thing about dfw is that he will be completely forgotten in 10 years time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

she takes long naps

also lol @ the stretch goals

$200,256 : Curry Party

The whole La-Mulana 2 team will sit together and have a curry party live on Twitch.TV. Curry is the soul of La-Mulana, and curry will be the soul of our team.

$200,768 : Curry Hell

La-Mulana 2 director Takumi Naramura will eat curry three times a day for three days. Enduring this spicy hell will make him stronger, allowing him the ability to make an even better game!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Al! posted:

my favorite thing about dfw is that he will be completely forgotten in 10 years time

160,000 copies of Infinite Jest in ten years.

Two of the Bronte sisters were considered garbage in their lifetimes and only became recognized authors a generation after their deaths. I don't see that happening for DFW.

Phoning It In
Oct 17, 2010

PleasingFungus posted:

she takes long naps

The whole La-Mulana 2 team will sit together and have a curry party live on Twitch.TV. Curry is the soul of La-Mulana, and curry will be the soul of our team.

La-Mulana 2 director Takumi Naramura will eat curry three times a day for three days. Enduring this spicy hell will make him stronger, allowing him the ability to make an even better game!

that's bullshit who is to say they aren't eating lots of curry already

Phoning It In
Oct 17, 2010
i mean why wouldn't they be curry is great

Phoning It In
Oct 17, 2010
currychat

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

thali pro curry

bit of everything, dont get full up on rice

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

PleasingFungus posted:

she takes long naps

i never played la mulana but this is basically the kind of wacky random "humor" i'd expect from the developers

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.
HEY LA-MULANITES, TODAY WE MAKE SOME UNFUNNY JOKES ABOUT CURRY!

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Proteus4994 posted:

i never played la mulana but this is basically the kind of wacky random "humor" i'd expect from the developers

it's not hilarious but it's funny in a cute way

Proteus4994 posted:

you seem upset. maybe you should have some nice warm curry?

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
I had curry for lunch today, but it was indian curry. the superior variety.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Proteus4994 posted:

old lp grudges die hard

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Proteus4994 posted:

you should pledge a dollar so you can tell them in their comment section how unfunny you think they are

thatll show em!!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Proteus4994 posted:

lol

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

stoutfish posted:

old lp grudges die hard

LP: hate the player not the game

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Vicas posted:

LP: hate the player not the game

p much the motto of that forum

cool biRd pics
Aug 28, 2009

you will feel ashamed of your words & deeds
golden curry is loving gross

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
green curry thai hot for the excellent experience

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tango-pc-worlds-most-powerful-pocketable-dockable-gameable-officeable-pc

YOSPOCKET BITHC

:o:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

lmao that guy thinks hes jony ive

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

"large heatsink"

jesus loving christ even laptops dont only use passive cooling now

this is using flex funding and is 100% a scam

good job you loving morons

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
Officeable

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

JawnV6 posted:

Officeable

wass seems t'be th' prollem, officeable

Dead Inside Darwin posted:

lol :) I kinda like the concept of 'one pc even smaller than a laptop to plug in wherever', like those crazy android phone-to-laptop transformers, but yeah,this doesn't fill me with confidence.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

what i want to do is carry around my pc and all the data in my pocket rather than having my poo poo available wherever i log on, perhaps making use of some sort of interconnected network that could form some sort of virtual web over the whole wide world.

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

$146,660USD
Raised of $100,000 Goal

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

who decided that 150k was all they needed to put a product into production?

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY

Caged posted:

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
My sansaire is sihpping

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i mean, it's shipping from china. when it gets to america it will be delivered to me perhaps by fedex or ups.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Caged posted:

gary owes some guy 150k else he loses his kneecaps

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
"Play smooth and responsive Call of Duty(r) at 1080p" and there's a mention of someone playing COD4 on it, a game which came out seven years ago. truly a remarkable benchmark.

i'm also glad to see they're going with amd for the processor, they're the best at heat efficiency and have even been scoring tdp benchmarks almost twice as high as intel's chips

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

anthonypants posted:

"Play smooth and responsive Call of Duty(r) at 1080p" and there's a mention of someone playing COD4 on it, a game which came out seven years ago. truly a remarkable benchmark.

tbf it's not like the cod engines are remarkable carmack-like technical marvels, i'm p sure if it can handle cod4 it can probably handle cod:ghost because srsly what has significantly changed with the iw engine in the past 7 years?

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Proteus4994 posted:

tbf it's not like the cod engines are remarkable carmack-like technical marvels, i'm p sure if it can handle cod4 it can probably handle cod:ghost because srsly what has significantly changed with the iw engine in the past 7 years?
idk either but the xbox one downscales cod ghosts to 720p because it can't do 1080p

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

anthonypants posted:

idk either but the xbox one downscales cod ghosts to 720p because it can't do 1080p

i'm gonna guess that says more about the xbone than it does about the iw engine

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Proteus4994 posted:

i'm gonna guess that says more about the xbone than it does about the iw engine
but this imaginary console is going to have no trouble doing cod ghosts in 1080p because

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

"large heatsink"

jesus loving christ even laptops dont only use passive cooling now

it's a 25 watt amd that is slower than your average cellphone. passive cooling and $300 price targets are not unreasonable

the product itself is bad though. a 2 ghz constantly-throttling amd mobile chip is just dogshit. i don't know what game you think you're gonna run on that

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

anthonypants posted:

no loving way

maybe for three seconds before the chip throttles itself when it hits 65C

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

lol amd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tangra
May 1, 2008

Rrrreligion?

It's the catnip of the purrrrrrrrletariat