Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

:toot:

Kaldaris posted:

Now I know what it feels like to be the lone Tenno operative. :(

20 minutes behind a bugged lockout door by yourself on a survival mission is pretty intense.

Theres a door on one of the Corpus capture missions that I keep locking myself in because the target runs in and then locks the door behind themselves, with no way to open it form the inside.
drat you locked doors for making me restart over and over. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Perhaps I am missing something. After the PS4 update there appears not to be a single Infested mission anywhere on the map? Did they really just eliminate a full third of our game play outright?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

BitBasher posted:

Perhaps I am missing something. After the PS4 update there appears not to be a single Infested mission anywhere on the map? Did they really just eliminate a full third of our game play outright?

They're only an invasion-only faction now.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

hooah posted:

Such poo poo.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

hooah posted:

Don't fear because invasions happen literally all the time.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Yeah, I miss Cyath. Grineer mobile defenses aren't too bad, but ever since they removed Corpus' head vulnerability, they're just a pain to fight.

Bunleigh
Jun 6, 2005

by exmarx
Can I get an invite to the PS4 clan?
PSN= Apherix

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

Wilko posted:

Theres a door on one of the Corpus capture missions that I keep locking myself in because the target runs in and then locks the door behind themselves, with no way to open it form the inside.
drat you locked doors for making me restart over and over. :argh:

This was a bug that said a console needed to be hacked to open up the door; except--

1) I couldn't reach any of the consoles
2) I had no idea if it was even possible to undo since the rest of my team seemed to be able to progress through the area with no problems.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=220049260

Used 3 Revives since they were about to refresh anyways.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

BitBasher posted:

Can someone give me a rundown on the toxin stuff? I remember someone talking about scanning plants and quitting missions as it wasn't worth it to go through missions to look for plants or something?

You will need to farm some rare plants (the jadeleaf) that show up during the day and night on top of regular plants. While they could spawn anywhere on the map, not running into them means you just wasted a good 10 minutes (it's an exterminate mission). So the most efficient way is to look for it in the first area, which it could spawn in. If you find it, scan it then proceeds to finish the mission. If there's none, just quit and reload, which means you only wasted like, 30 seconds instead of the 10 minutes run.

Don't bother making any other anti-toxin except Vermillion which gets you 100% completion and the max rewards. You could sell Lapis anti-toxin (25 points) to dumb pubbies I guess.

The defense mission itself is not too bad, as long as 1 or 2 people got a Penta or Ogris. Frost helps tremendously at protecting the target but not essential as long as you can keep killing the enemies before they get close to the target. Rhinos and god-mode Trinity is good for this since loving Eviscerators will kill any warframe regardless of how big is your shield. Bring extra ammo and heal items.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Drop tables are the worst. Three duplicates, come on. Give me Glaive prime blades!

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jan 24, 2014

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

... Where is my Phased Asa Syandana? It's still listed as being equipped on all my frames, and it's still in my Steam inventory (right next to the Phased Vauban outfit, which I still have), but nothing shows up on my frame's necks and it's not listed in my equipment skins page or the Syandana equip list in-game :psyduck:

EDIT: Apparently I am not the first to have had this issue, I filed a support request with DE so hopefully I'll be able to look like a cool scarfed space ninja dude again soon.

ElegantFugue fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Jan 24, 2014

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Elysiume posted:

Drop tables are the worst. Three duplicates, come on. Give me Glaive prime blades!

IIRC they said that they're going to rework the Void/Derelict drop tables because they're way too crowded.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Improbable Lobster posted:

IIRC they said that they're going to rework the Void/Derelict drop tables because they're way too crowded.
Having any degree of control over what you can get would be great. It's ridiculous how hard it is to get particular items.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
The best thing to do is create a point/token system, but they really really want to keep the gambling system, so who fuckin' knows what they're going to end up doing.

Probably add yet another key-gated tileset and move some drops to that.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Denzine posted:

The best thing to do is create a point/token system, but they really really want to keep the gambling system, so who fuckin' knows what they're going to end up doing.

Probably add yet another key-gated tileset and move some drops to that.

They'll probably keep the tedious gambling thing because that way it makes you want to buy stuff with platinum rather than sitting there doing the same mission over and over for the rare drop.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
It'd be so amazing if they made a token system purely so they could make people build a gambling room. No no, even better, an oracle-type tile to unlock the ability to build gambling rooms, and the ability to research different slot machines or blackjack or whatever, and you have to build them as decorations and they take lots of forma and research materials!

It's brilliant, I tell you! Brilliant!

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Mercury_Storm posted:

They'll probably keep the tedious gambling thing because that way it makes you want to buy stuff with platinum rather than sitting there doing the same mission over and over for the rare drop.
The folks who spend plat to avoid grinding for parts now would still be doing the same thing if they had to grind tokens to get the parts instead. It just changes the grind from a random crapshoot to a goal you can actually work toward.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Did the new 11.5 update for PS4 change transmuting so you won't get specific warframe ability mods?

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

So I haven't played in half a year or so but DE sent me a headband so I figured I'd see what's changed. A whole hell of a lot apparently, I don't even know where to begin. What are the new weapons that are fun to use and effective? Is there anything like a Grakata, crit-based SMG type weapon?

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Tagichatn posted:

So I haven't played in half a year or so but DE sent me a headband so I figured I'd see what's changed. A whole hell of a lot apparently, I don't even know where to begin. What are the new weapons that are fun to use and effective? Is there anything like a Grakata, crit-based SMG type weapon?
...you mean the Soma? It requires rank 6 to craft, but it's currently one of the best guns in the game.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Tagichatn posted:

Soma fits that description, though it's a rifle with a spin-up time like the Gorgon. It's actually way better than it has any real right to be.

Also check out the Penta (grenade launcher), Drakgoon (shotgun/flak cannon), Synapse (lightning gun), Vasto/Akvasto (space revolvers in space, actually pretty good), Stug (you'll need to see it in action for yourself), and Galatine (bigass sword).

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Denzine posted:

It'd be so amazing if they made a token system purely so they could make people build a gambling room. No no, even better, an oracle-type tile to unlock the ability to build gambling rooms, and the ability to research different slot machines or blackjack or whatever, and you have to build them as decorations and they take lots of forma and research materials!

It's brilliant, I tell you! Brilliant!
If Borderlands 2 has taught me anything it's that if they add in slot machines your group of 4 is going to waste the entire play session gambling. So basically yeah they need to add in a gambling room for the dojo.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
I don't know why developers have such a hard on for random systems. There is zero reason to use them when a point/token system works just as well. Hell just add in a slot machine that lets you gamble away all your points for those die hards that can't let that poo poo go.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
If they add in a gambling room I swear I will give it the highest clan tax the UI allows.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Helter Skelter posted:

The folks who spend plat to avoid grinding for parts now would still be doing the same thing if they had to grind tokens to get the parts instead. It just changes the grind from a random crapshoot to a goal you can actually work toward.

Yeah but I think the random crapshoot system has an effect that is mostly psychological that can make players just say "aww gently caress it" and buy the item instead. I know if I that system existed I would have just gathered points and bought Volt with those points rather than spending a couple bucks, because I didn't want to have to rely on the RNG complying doing a ton of survival missions. I don't even know what the drop rate for those parts is, but I only got the helmet in the 60 or so hours I've played and with 90% of the map cleared. If the points could be gathered over multiple missions types it would reduce the tedium of doing the same mission over and over too, thereby decreasing marginal propensity to buy plat.

**That is, unless the point value of stuff was loving astronomical like they are in :doh:Hawken:doh:. If it was like that I probably wouldn't even be playing this anymore!

Mercury_Storm fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Jan 24, 2014

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

NGDBSS posted:

...you mean the Soma? It requires rank 6 to craft, but it's currently one of the best guns in the game.

Sounds good to me, I like the look of it too.

Helter Skelter posted:

Soma fits that description, though it's a rifle with a spin-up time like the Gorgon. It's actually way better than it has any real right to be.

Also check out the Penta (grenade launcher), Drakgoon (shotgun/flak cannon), Synapse (lightning gun), Vasto/Akvasto (space revolvers in space, actually pretty good), Stug (you'll need to see it in action for yourself), and Galatine (bigass sword).

Thanks, I think I'll try the Drakgoon and Stug on their name alone.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Paris or Cernos any good? looking into crafting one. If not, Tigris?

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

w00tmonger posted:

I do not have Tigris, but both Paris and Cernos are decent in my opinion. You just have to get used to the projectile travel time and drop. They deal high single target damage when modded, and the changes to thunderbolt make them decent at low level crowd killing and control for higher levels with the blast. Still better to pair the bows with a secondary weapon or warframe that kill weaker crowds quickly.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
My Tigris currently does 100/705/806/1512 impact/puncture/slash/blast damage per shot and it's never not fun to just obliterate someone by giving them both barrels (to the dick).

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Tagichatn posted:

Sounds good to me, I like the look of it too.

No one who likes shoot-mans doesn't like the look of the Soma. It's space Kalashnikov.

Also if you like bullet guns, try the Karak. It's the cousin of Soma, less dependent on crits but more base damage.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Any essential mods for the Penta? So far I'm just rocking serration and spilt chamber. Though I'm thinking spilt chamber doesn't work so well, will probably replace with firestorm

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

The Duggler posted:

Any essential mods for the Penta? So far I'm just rocking serration and spilt chamber. Though I'm thinking spilt chamber doesn't work so well, will probably replace with firestorm
Heavy Caliber is pretty good, since the accuracy loss is basically irrelevant.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Denzine posted:

If they add in a gambling room I swear I will give it the highest clan tax the UI allows.
Well duh, the house always wins.

w00tmonger posted:

Those all fall into the "fun but not exactly amazing" category. They're all decent enough if you have the capability to trick them out with good mods, but they all have issues dealing with large crowds of enemies.

Of those three, though, Cernos is probably the worst. Which is a shame, because it looks rad. Unfortunately, impact damage just isn't that good.

The Duggler posted:

Split chamber works fine with it, but you're probably okay ditching it if you want to spread your grenades around more since you can only have 5 out at once. Just give it a bunch of elemental damage (corrosive is a good bet most of the time) and call it good. Heavy Caliber is also good if you have the space. It's honestly kinda hard to go wrong with the Penta.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

The Duggler posted:

Firestorm, wildfire, split chamber, serration, cryo rounds, hellfire, heavy caliber, fast hands.

:v:

You can probably solo the first 40 waves of ODD without moving with that setup. I don't have heavy caliber, maxed serration, or a maxed cryo rounds on it and it's oneshotting everything but ancient healers at around that point. Those take two whole shots, or one if you impact them with the projectile.

If you need to powerlevel someone, this would be a ridiculous way to do it. The only obstacle is mind numbing boredom.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
PC :siren:VAUBAN SYSTEMS ALERT on Fossa Venus for the next 40m as of this post:siren:

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Quick reminder: There will be a developer livestream today at 11am PST/2pm EST. Looks like this one will primarily be featuring members of the art and design teams, but they'll also have some general state of the game/upcoming feature stuff too.

Sheldon (the studio manager) also tossed up a post on the forums a couple days ago with some stuff to expect in the next couple weeks. Some highlights:

• Official introduction of the forest tileset on Earth.
  • Polarity management on forma'd gear.
  • New Warframe.
  • New in-game HUD.
  • New leader-type enemies that give buffs to neaby units.
  • Endless defense mode for the void.
  • Official list of void drops (outside the game, placeholder until they can work it into the codex).

Personal prediction: Update 12 on PC next Wednesday.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Helter Skelter posted:

Quick reminder: There will be a developer livestream today at 11am PST/2pm EST. Looks like this one will primarily be featuring members of the art and design teams, but they'll also have some general state of the game/upcoming feature stuff too.

Sheldon (the studio manager) also tossed up a post on the forums a couple days ago with some stuff to expect in the next couple weeks. Some highlights:

• Official introduction of the forest tileset on Earth.
  • Polarity management on forma'd gear.
  • New Warframe.
  • New in-game HUD.
  • New leader-type enemies that give buffs to neaby units.
  • Endless defense mode for the void.
  • Official list of void drops (outside the game, placeholder until they can work it into the codex).

Personal prediction: Update 12 on PC next Wednesday.

No mention of rocket powered polearms? Tisk tisk.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

randombattle posted:

No mention of rocket powered polearms? Tisk tisk.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

Also, the current Design Council vote for a community-designed melee weapon is favoring a sword & shield combo.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Helter Skelter posted:

Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

Also, the current Design Council vote for a community-designed melee weapon is favoring a sword & shield combo.

I feel like we need to melee alternative that is nothing but a massive gently caress off shield. Bring it up and close in on ranged enemies. Or stand your ground in the open in the hails of bullets and let your shields regen. Would be great as a last ditch effort item. Melee is nearly useless anyway, give us extra utility item instead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Nitrox posted:

I feel like we need to melee alternative that is nothing but a massive gently caress off shield. Bring it up and close in on ranged enemies. Or stand your ground in the open in the hails of bullets and let your shields regen. Would be great as a last ditch effort item. Melee is nearly useless anyway, give us extra utility item instead!

Don't expect melee to remain useless for much longer (hopefully). I think it's been implied that update 12 or 13 will include a revamp of the entire melee system.