Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Gyshall posted:

Are there any good mods that just turn existing NPCs into followers? Like just give them a follower flag type of thing?

There's this one that does exactly what you're asking for: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/41629/

I haven't tried it out myself, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Hey I got a request:

Is there a mod that makes movement feel less floaty? Moving in Skyrim feels like floating across the ground. Maybe one that makes it so you don't go 0-60 in one click of W?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
How do I go about restoring the default models if I've installed a body replacer?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Are you using MO or not?

I'm going to assume not:
-If you still have the archive for the body replacer mod, go into it and follow the filepath. Then go into your Skyrim folder and remove anything in that file path, then run the verify option through steam, and launch again. That should do it (I think).

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Jan 23, 2014

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

Strudel Man posted:

Yeah, Live Another Life is fantastic. Particularly with the way the normal start appears to bug out on me after I've installed too many mods.

Does the wagon flip out beneath you the whole way down the hill and force you to step out of it inside a wall? Because that just started happening to me.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Dr Snofeld posted:

Does the wagon flip out beneath you the whole way down the hill and force you to step out of it inside a wall? Because that just started happening to me.
I think that has to do something with mods that add stuff to the Helgen world space before MQ101 is completed. Do you have stuff like Helgen Reborn installed? If so, start a new game without it, proceed past the Helgen escape sequence, and then add the mod(s) afterwards.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Average Bear posted:

Hey I got a request:

Is there a mod that makes movement feel less floaty? Moving in Skyrim feels like floating across the ground. Maybe one that makes it so you don't go 0-60 in one click of W?

Just found a mod to solve my problem here:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mod...review%3D&pUp=1

Super fantastic, basically first person from the perspective of the third person model.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So I googled how to use full screen windowed and most of the answers were you can only do this with mods. Is this true and if so could someone give a link to a trusted one or something? Thanks in advance. :)

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

UoI posted:

So I googled how to use full screen windowed and most of the answers were you can only do this with mods. Is this true and if so could someone give a link to a trusted one or something? Thanks in advance. :)

OneTweak is what you're looking for.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Scyantific posted:

OneTweak is what you're looking for.

I know I said thanks in advance already, but thank you. :D This makes life great.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

poptart_fairy posted:

How do I go about restoring the default models if I've installed a body replacer?

If you installed it with MO, you uncheck the mod. If you installed it manually or with NMM, you go mucking into /data/meshes/, and probably the following directories under that: actors/character/character assets, armor, clothes, dlc01, and dlc02. The body meshes will be faily easy to spot: they'll be things like ...feet_0 and ...feet_1, ...body_0 and ...body_1, remove both meshes, as _0 and _1 represent the low and high end of the weight scale. This also holds true with armors, which will be in subdirectories nested under armor, clothes, dlc01 and dlc02. You'll do a similar process in the textures subdirectory as well. Basically every game object is just that, a mesh and an accompanying texture that are housed under roughly similar directory trees under meshes and textures respectively.

Alternatively, you can go into the .rar/.7z/whatever from the original download of the file of whatever you're uninstalling and look at the directory and file structure and figure out what ended up where that way.

But especially things like body replacers which vomit files all over the loving place is basically reason #1 why Mod Organizer is so loved - removing that stuff after the fact isn't a matter of having that poo poo memorized in the event you later do choose to remove it, you just deactivate that mod and it's off, and you don't have to worry about having unintentionally broken something else by doing so, but all the directories are still there to muck around in in Explorer so if you do want to make minute tweaks at the file level, you still can. It's literally the best of all possible worlds.

ANIME IS BLOOD fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jan 23, 2014

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Dr Snofeld posted:

Actually, for me, I start out outside the wagon, staring at the side of it as it spins its wheels in place. I still can't move or anything, though.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

edit: wrong thread

Gyoru fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Jan 23, 2014

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

quote:

LAL wackiness

Yeah, sounds like you guys have something else that's interfering with that portion of the main quest. Can you post a load order?

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Scyantific posted:

Yeah, sounds like you guys have something else that's interfering with that portion of the main quest. Can you post a load order?
No, definitely, that's what I'm saying. LAL is a lifesaver because otherwise, I'd be struggling to even get a game started the normal way.

Honestly, I don't even care that much about tracking down the problem. The vanilla start is very 'whatever.'

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Alright, I've tried out Almost Everyone Is An Adventurer and it's pretty cool. I had Lisette the bard following me around for a bit, and the funny thing was that she'd still randomly stop while traveling to play the drums or flute or whatever.

I did have a weird problem though where some Khajiit on a mountain pass was hired, and then got stuck in place and I couldn't interact with him until hours later. I could also pass right through him as if he wasn't there.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
I haven't had any problems in the 18 or so hours I've played until just now I got a CTD. Now I'm trying to load my quick save from a couple minutes before the crash and it CTD during loading it. Any suggestions? Even if it's mod related, isn't it bad to turn mods off and load it, save a new one, and then turn them back on?

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

KingKapalone posted:

I haven't had any problems in the 18 or so hours I've played until just now I got a CTD. Now I'm trying to load my quick save from a couple minutes before the crash and it CTD during loading it. Any suggestions? Even if it's mod related, isn't it bad to turn mods off and load it, save a new one, and then turn them back on?

Oh god never try and do a 'clean' save by disabling mods and saving if you ever want that mod save to work right again. Anything with scripts that you remove and try to re-add will get stuck in purgatory of being half there but filled with garbage.

Micr0chiP
Mar 17, 2007
Is the Nexus messed up ?
Im trying to download a mod from them but the files page just shows an E, but some other mods have the files.

vvv - thanks, and off course as soon as i post this the mod unfucks itself.

Found a mod were you can give drinks to the NPCs until they are drunk :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyMenLLG9XE
(shows at 8:15m)

Micr0chiP fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Jan 23, 2014

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

Micr0chiP posted:

Is the Nexus messed up ?
Im trying to download a mod from them but the files page just shows an E, but some other mods have the files.

The awnser to that question is virtually always yes. But more specifically, yes, recently its been terminating download early, or presenting html error pages as the actual files you want to download.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I don't know if anyone here will care, but I just made a small patch for Hearthfire that lets you craft nails, hinges, fittings, and locks out of materials other than iron. Grab it here if interested.

SuicideSnowman
Jul 26, 2003
I've been playing through Skyrim again and I've never messed with a lot of mods but this time around I installed quite a few. Mostly the really common stuff like SkyUI, HD Textures and ENB. Generally it runs and looks great but after a while, which usually seems to be when I'm zoning a lot, my FPS drops to around 30-40. If I alt-tab and come back into the game, it's fine again. It's not a huge deal, but it's slightly annoying and was curious if there is something I can look for that might be causing this?

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

SuicideSnowman posted:

I've been playing through Skyrim again and I've never messed with a lot of mods but this time around I installed quite a few. Mostly the really common stuff like SkyUI, HD Textures and ENB. Generally it runs and looks great but after a while, which usually seems to be when I'm zoning a lot, my FPS drops to around 30-40. If I alt-tab and come back into the game, it's fine again. It's not a huge deal, but it's slightly annoying and was curious if there is something I can look for that might be causing this?

If you're not running the fancy new memory patch that basically fixes all of Skyrim's memory issues you can try that. I used to get the same issue with my 560ti, probably because it only had 1gb of VRAM. Regardless I'd try the new memory fix (which I can't link to right now as I'm on my phone), which is really impressive.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Does the new fix do anything if you only have 2 gigs of VRAM?

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal
Aaaaaaaaugh why is Wrye Bash suddenly deciding to disable a shitload of my mods when rebuilding my merged patch?!

Like, I just added a couple minor mods and did my usual BOSS run and Wrye rebuild, and although I'm just selecting the usual options, instead of a few of the usual mods being automatically disabled, Wrye is suddenly deciding to disable like 75% of my mods (but not merging them or anything) and of course then nothing works right in game. Did some weird Wrye setting that I don't know about get switched?

gently caress me I don't even know how to begin supplying any useful information that might be used to narrow down this problem... :smith:

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass

LtSmash posted:

Oh god never try and do a 'clean' save by disabling mods and saving if you ever want that mod save to work right again. Anything with scripts that you remove and try to re-add will get stuck in purgatory of being half there but filled with garbage.

So do I just have to go back to the most recent auto save then instead of the quick save and try that?

Quift
May 11, 2012
I'm still trying to clear out my save that got stuck in script laggishness hell a few weeks ago. rmovin ALL mods from the save and trying to run clerinvalidregistrations still seem to do nothing.

Is there no way to make that save run smooth again or finding out why it is so laggy?

Also, hunterborn unnfortunatly is a buggy pos. It cannot be canceles through the MCM

physeter
Jan 24, 2006

high five, more dead than alive
I've got a very stable and happy Requiem game going, just one problem: I want a mod that lets me rename potions. Something simple, no scripts, no garbage. Anyone seen it?

Nova69
Jul 12, 2012

Does the new performance fix still help even if you are already at your VRAM cap? That's what the page for it on the ENB website said but it also said you need ENB for it to work which apparently isn't the case.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Dr Snofeld posted:

I've had it happen with the Realistic Wildlife mod installed where packs of wolves spawn on the road to Helgen during the opening scene, so the guards run off to take care of it and the gates never open.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

"We Must Dissent"

Nova88 posted:

Does the new performance fix still help even if you are already at your VRAM cap? That's what the page for it on the ENB website said but it also said you need ENB for it to work which apparently isn't the case.

The new fix effects how skyrim uses system ram. Vanilla sets up a smallish block and when that fills up tries to get more, but sometimes runs into problems in the get more step. The patch makes the initial block bigger so its less likely to ever need to request more.

The ENB effect on ram is different but also helpful. Vanilla skyrim keeps textures in both system ram and vram which is dumb since textures are only ever used in vram. ENB can force skyrim to clear textures from system ram once they are loaded into vram. This also makes it less likely to hit the buggy get more ram stage since textures won't be hogging it.

Neither should effect how much vram is used, but if you have a setup where you are capping out vram the enb fix might have a hit to fps since if a new texture needs to be loaded into vram and isn't already loaded into ram it will have to be read from disk. But loading a texture from ram to vram is already a pretty huge hit from the gfx card's perspective so you would probably want to tweak your setup to try and keep that from happening anyway.

KingKapalone posted:

So do I just have to go back to the most recent auto save then instead of the quick save and try that?

Probably. If you already have the new ctd fix and its not helping then the save is probably corrupt and you will have to just try and find a previous one that works. Frequent manual saves are a good idea to keep from losing too much progress.

Nova69
Jul 12, 2012

LtSmash posted:

The new fix effects how skyrim uses system ram. Vanilla sets up a smallish block and when that fills up tries to get more, but sometimes runs into problems in the get more step. The patch makes the initial block bigger so its less likely to ever need to request more.

The ENB effect on ram is different but also helpful. Vanilla skyrim keeps textures in both system ram and vram which is dumb since textures are only ever used in vram. ENB can force skyrim to clear textures from system ram once they are loaded into vram. This also makes it less likely to hit the buggy get more ram stage since textures won't be hogging it.

Neither should effect how much vram is used, but if you have a setup where you are capping out vram the enb fix might have a hit to fps since if a new texture needs to be loaded into vram and isn't already loaded into ram it will have to be read from disk. But loading a texture from ram to vram is already a pretty huge hit from the gfx card's perspective so you would probably want to tweak your setup to try and keep that from happening anyway.

I have tried to find ways to reduce VRAM use, the only graphically intensive mods I have are ELFX, CoT, SMIM and the High Res DLC(which I've installed a mod over that reduces the size of a lot of the textures) and I really don't want to get rid of any of those since they make the game look so much nicer.
Reducing the texture size to medium helped a bit but it made some textures pretty noticeably ugly so I had to turn the quality back up.
Running a GTX 570 with 1.2GB VRAM so not a lot of headroom.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Hey is there a mod that makes the Oblivion combat less goddamned awful? Because if there was I think I'd enjoy it more.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

"We Must Dissent"

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Hey is there a mod that makes the Oblivion combat less goddamned awful? Because if there was I think I'd enjoy it more.

Let's Reinstall Oblivion v.3! Maybe we'll actually play it this time!?

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Mmm, looks like MO updated to 1.1.0, now comes with BOSS integration.

So, who's doing a test drive and reporting? :v:

Sharay
Apr 19, 2008

Edmond Dantes posted:

Mmm, looks like MO updated to 1.1.0, now comes with BOSS integration.

So, who's doing a test drive and reporting? :v:

Test drove (very briefly) and it appears to be working perfectly fine. The one thing that took me a while was finding BOSS in it (they added a Sort button in the bottom right) but otherwise works great.

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

With Realistic Needs and Diseases my drink from stream hotkey does nothing. Similarly the power just makes the fizzle noise and gives no messages, and bottles juts pop right back into my inventory as empty. I'll be standing chest deep in some water trying this... Is this a bug or am I messing something up?

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

kedo posted:

With Realistic Needs and Diseases my drink from stream hotkey does nothing. Similarly the power just makes the fizzle noise and gives no messages, and bottles juts pop right back into my inventory as empty. I'll be standing chest deep in some water trying this... Is this a bug or am I messing something up?

Did you activate the mod in the mod menu? You need to click on a button in the top right corner.

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

Roobanguy posted:

Did you activate the mod in the mod menu? You need to click on a button in the top right corner.

Oh, yes. I should mention everything else in the mod works just fine. It's only water I have an issue with. Not running any mods that modify water at all either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

kedo posted:

Oh, yes. I should mention everything else in the mod works just fine. It's only water I have an issue with. Not running any mods that modify water at all either.

Did you hold the drink hotkey while clicking the bottles in your inventory?

• Locked thread