Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Noxville posted:

Newsflash: you just posted about it.

Yeah, that's what a conversation usually is. And "I'm exhausted by all this coverage of this game and it dominating the thread due to it" is just as valid as all the "I'm so happy about all the coverage of the game and it dominating this thread" which is what's been going on. You'll notice I didn't just say "ugh everyone stop talking about it god" but was actually talking about Giant Bomb dot com. It's a website about video games, you may have heard of it, and they have been covering the Souls games lately. A lot. Like...a lot, dude.

E: Also, this is what Damo was talking about when he mentioned the fanatacism. Anyone saying a single negative thing about Souls gets called dumb for saying anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

:ssh: Nobody Cares :ssh:. Posting about posting is kind of the dumbest poo poo.

By that logic, posting about posting about posting is even dumber poo poo.

Also, something even more infuriating is when someone posts to say they dislike how much attention something is getting, and people get all :smug: and say "durr hurr now YOU'RE talking about it!!! how about them apples!!" That is the dumbest poo poo.

Damo fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Jan 24, 2014

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

TheJoker138 posted:

Yeah, that's what a conversation usually is. And "I'm exhausted by all this coverage of this game and it dominating the thread due to it" is just as valid as all the "I'm so happy about all the coverage of the game and it dominating this thread" which is what's been going on. You'll notice I didn't just say "ugh everyone stop talking about it god" but was actually talking about Giant Bomb dot com. It's a website about video games, you may have heard of it, and they have been covering the Souls games lately. A lot. Like...a lot, dude.

E: Also, this is what Damo was talking about when he mentioned the fanatacism. Anyone saying a single negative thing about Souls gets called dumb for saying anything.

You should read my last post that was replying to you, because :laffo: if you think I'm some DS's fanboy.

It's not that people are mad you don't like a thing, it's that I'm tired of seeing you passive aggressively piss and moan about people talking about a thing you don't like and posting about posting about NOT posting about it.

I'd rather have 100 pages of nothing but DS and Dota 2 and Rorie chat over one more of your sad posts.

EDIT: Finally found that ryan quote I couldn't place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQEOOrgue38

When Jeff is going over the sales pitch for Darrius.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Jan 24, 2014

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Maybe if someone with a reputation for decent posting said they didn't like all the Dark Souls chat people would listen to them. Can't wait for that to happen someday.

Angryhead posted:

I need to see this, does anyone have a link?

I'll post it here when it gets a youtube upload (it usually takes a little while). For now, have some of Jeff's other fights, from the now-defunct SNST division:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oh7EF2HplqI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7P8ABRQWYAg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4sZz0NQ1AY

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Once again my point was more about the game dominating both the site and the discussion here, but sure, I'm a bad poster and having a dissenting opinion on it makes me passive aggressive. Excuse me all to hell for having the gall to say "Man, I wish they'd have some more variety to break up all this Souls chat." I'll stop with any passive aggression. I'm now with Damo, I hope Dark Souls 2 loving sucks just to piss people off.

E: VVV The last 20 or so pages, other than a small derail about the article Patrick had go up, has mainly been Souls chat.

Io_
Oct 15, 2012

woo woo

Pillbug
As with anything if there is a conversation going on that doesn't hold much interest, skip over it.

Anyway, a posting avalanche on one topic is only really a problem if it drowns out everything else. Which I haven't specifically noticed happening.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Oh, here it is already:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iD50aqynjc4

Jeff vs three amazing competitors for the EDBW Hardcore Championship. Good stuff!

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

TheJoker138 posted:

Once again my point was more about the game dominating both the site and the discussion here, but sure, I'm a bad poster and having a dissenting opinion on it makes me passive aggressive. Excuse me all to hell for having the gall to say "Man, I wish they'd have some more variety to break up all this Souls chat." I'll stop with any passive aggression. I'm now with Damo, I hope Dark Souls 2 loving sucks just to piss people off.

E: VVV The last 20 or so pages, other than a small derail about the article Patrick had go up, has mainly been Souls chat.

What can you say, Darksouls is drat relevant at the moment.

You've got Brad working on Demons Souls and Darksouls, and Patrick just finished Darksouls recently. Then Darksouls 2 launches in a month and half. Its beloved franchise since its not another shoot mans game or setpiece action game thats been plaguing consoles for the past few years. Past two souls games were well received and people are hype as poo poo for the next one.

Now is time of the dark souuuuuls.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
If the slice we played of DKS2 during the beta window is representative of the whole game, it has a fair chance at being the best Souls game.

Hope you idiots like the Year of Souls, I'm going to.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

flatluigi posted:

Oh, here it is already:

Jeff vs three amazing competitors for the EDBW Hardcore Championship. Good stuff!

The best part is Jeff got the pins on all three of them to "reclaim" his title as The Most Hardcore, just like he did in the original SNST match where he earned it the first time.

It'd be great if the hype from the developmental stream got Jeff into VGCW proper. I know Bazza doesn't want any more real people, but man, GB giving VGCW a shoutout during TNT all that time ago(as well as multiple shoutouts in other places) has been a huge factor in its popularity, and the chat mostly loves Jeff's CAW. There's always a few "who's this rear end in a top hat?" people in chat, but mostly it's people quoting Jeff based on what's going on, or just saying CAN'T BURST THE GERST

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"
"What the fuck is this?!"

Hace posted:

Yeah, some people do.

Oh poo poo...

Ganty
Jan 8, 2005
Because we want to! Because we want to!
Breaking Brad Still isn't up yet. Was it archived on twitch or do they not use twitch anymore ever?

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Gazaar posted:

If the slice we played of DKS2 during the beta window is representative of the whole game, it has a fair chance at being the best Souls game.

Hope you idiots like the Year of Souls, I'm going to.

Honestly, Ive forgotten what it felt like to actually be excited for a video game, the last time I had any sort of lasting hype was probably Dark Souls 1.... although I really do want to play Barkley 2. Pretty sure those are the only ones im anticipating this year.

All it took was the screenshot of the DATA KNIFE to kill my hope for Titanfall

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011

Ganty posted:

Breaking Brad Still isn't up yet. Was it archived on twitch or do they not use twitch anymore ever?

Twitch doesn't let you password protect streams any more, so they can no longer use it for Premium content.

Vinny said during the stream that they've changed something on their back-end (to provide more redundancy on captures) which means the auto-archiving will take longer from here on.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

The best part is Jeff got the pins on all three of them to "reclaim" his title as The Most Hardcore, just like he did in the original SNST match where he earned it the first time.

It'd be great if the hype from the developmental stream got Jeff into VGCW proper. I know Bazza doesn't want any more real people, but man, GB giving VGCW a shoutout during TNT all that time ago(as well as multiple shoutouts in other places) has been a huge factor in its popularity, and the chat mostly loves Jeff's CAW. There's always a few "who's this rear end in a top hat?" people in chat, but mostly it's people quoting Jeff based on what's going on, or just saying CAN'T BURST THE GERST

I honestly don't watch it normally, but I'd be pretty happy with real people as managers. Jeff would be the greatest video game wrestling manager that ever lived.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

TheJoker138 posted:

It's because most people who say negative things about the Souls games do so in really lovely, dismissive ways that's sure to get people the most annoyed, and they will usually try to feign this by including a statement to the fact of "sorry I don't like the things you like", like they're out to prove something. It's the same poo poo over and over again, and no one cares that you don't like these game or that you're sick of hearing about them. Over the past one million pages, everyone who likes and have discussed Dark Souls have also been talking about things that don't work quite so well, and things that maybe worked better in Demon's Souls, and things that maybe will be better in the sequel. This is a common topic of discussion regarding these games, and I have been frank about many things I don't like about Dark Souls that weren't called dumb.

This fanaticism you imagine only occurs because it's a really loving dense series of games and there is a lot to say about them. No one is saying they're flawless, they're saying that almost everything in those games happen for very specific reasons, and that's more than what you can say about most games. Basically, if you're sick of reading about Souls, then you better :getout: or :dealwithit: because neither us or Giant Bomb are even close to stopping anytime soon. When the sequel hits it'll get even worse, regardless of whether it's good or bad.

Hakkesshu fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Jan 24, 2014

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
The last ten pages both disagree and amply demonstrate why this thread was banished to the podcasts forum.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006

Aishan posted:

Twitch doesn't let you password protect streams any more, so they can no longer use it for Premium content.

Vinny said during the stream that they've changed something on their back-end (to provide more redundancy on captures) which means the auto-archiving will take longer from here on.

Yeah that's a shame, I fell asleep watching it last night. I'm enjoying this Demon's Souls run by Brad, I've never played it so it's interesting to see now it differs to its sequel.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

The Kins posted:

The last ten pages both disagree and amply demonstrate why this thread was banished to the podcasts forum.

People getting into passionate fights with each other and posting up a storm, trading blows and having a good time! Long live the podcast forum!

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Damo posted:

This whole last page is actually a great example of how you get ganged up on if you say something even slightly negative about Dark Souls on the internet these days.
Yeah that's exactly why people are mocking your insufferably dumb passive aggressive rear end. You dared to voice reasonable criticism and now the world is out to getcha!

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"
I blame Obama.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

We should talk about stalking Jeff and the other guys at Giant Bomb instead of Dark souls. That was much more productive.

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
I forget: is Brad good at video games, or bad at video games?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Antlions posted:

He's vlad at bideo james.

Proletarian
Aug 20, 2006

No longer a fuckin newbie

Antlions posted:

He is videogames.

woodenchicken
Aug 19, 2007

Nap Ghost
The Pathfinder videos were loving amazing and I hope they make more soon!

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I wonder if they ever farted real loud on camera before I bet that would be embarrassing! Haw!

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Captain Invictus posted:

The best part is when Jeff becomes the Dragon Ball Z announcer at the end when it's sped up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdO7Zh5lVEI

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Aishan posted:

There was a twitter message saying it will be a while because their system for fast archiving crapped out so they have to go the slow route.

I assume its sending it to Korea to compress the frames by hand.

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"

woodenchicken posted:

The Pathfinder videos were loving amazing and I hope they make more soon!

I regularly pester Rory about them and he said more are coming. Dave was around this week and working, I think, with or near the Tested guys. Hopefully we'll see a new campaign start soon.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Haha you guys have demonstrated the exact opposite.

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Jan 24, 2014

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Fallom posted:

Haha you guys have demonstrated the exact opposite.

Not really. No one is taking issue with someone not liking a game, they're taking issue with them coming in and going "hurf durf I hope DS 2 is bad, gently caress everyone who likes that game, stop talking about it, this thread is bad, everyone who likes those games is an insane nerd fanatic" and everything in-between.

woodenchicken
Aug 19, 2007

Nap Ghost

Monster w21 Faces posted:

I regularly pester Rory about them and he said more are coming. Dave was around this week and working, I think, with or near the Tested guys. Hopefully we'll see a new campaign start soon.
Great, now I'm imagining a campaign with Will and Norm and what hilarious personality clashes would occur. Think Dave vs. Brad cranked to eleven.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

I love the Powerbombcast.

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"

woodenchicken posted:

Great, now I'm imagining a campaign with Will and Norm and what hilarious personality clashes would occur. Think Dave vs. Brad cranked to eleven.

I would love for someone to write them their own campaign but I bet the kind of person who's both a Pathfinder & Giant Bomb fan is some kind of high powered sperg beast.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Whiteycar posted:

I assume its sending it to Korea to compress the frames by hand.

God drat it stop outsourcing jobs Jeff Gerstmann. :911:

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

flatluigi posted:

Oh, here it is already:

Everything about this is incredible but the Goomba's entrance might be the best.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It syncs so perfectly, too.

Really, all the matches that night were incredible.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
If you liked Brad playing Demons Souls, you will love the DR3 DLC quicklook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yourafagpleasedie
Jun 27, 2013

by zen death robot

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Yeah that's exactly why people are mocking your insufferably dumb passive aggressive rear end. You dared to voice reasonable criticism and now the world is out to getcha!

Ya'll a bunch of whiny babies about a game whos turds smell a little bit less than the other videogames released the past few years. Dark souls is clunky and unpolished and doesnt deserve the praise just because its battletoads in third person form.

• Locked thread