Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Monkey Fracas posted:

Ideal crank call would be seeing how far out someone could reel the host into Freepland before they went "Whoa, hey the president should probably not be lynched. Probably. Next caller."

I kind of would like to see a "Gorgeous George"-like effort to bombard his or many other shows.

Also, why does Vilerat's mom keep appearing on Fox News?

e: That was tough to watch just now. Mrs. Smith is clearly going through grief, and to be used as a tool to politicize something? That's loving low.

FuzzySkinner fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jan 23, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

BiggerBoat posted:

How did this play out? Because that's great. DO you have audio of it?

I'm getting sick and tired too of all this "gently caress, it's freezing. What global warming?" horse poo poo.

Isn't this exactly what happens? Ice melts and produces cold air and then it has to travel somewhere? Every news story I see about weather (and gently caress they're all about weather, especially on the local level) says that "x" occurrence is the most extreme since "y'. Waves so tall in Hawaii even surfers won't ride them and poo poo like that. Australia is melting. Record drought in California..
Excuse me, but Al Gore is fat and lives in a large house :smug:

Check and mate, libtard.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

FuzzySkinner posted:

I kind of would like to see a "Gorgeous George"-like effort to bombard his or many other shows.

e: That was tough to watch just now. Mrs. Smith is clearly going through grief, and to be used as a tool to politicize something? That's loving low.

Yeah, she's been on quite a few right wing shows and is clearly not OK. She implied at one point there was a rift between her and Sean's wife(fiancé?) for some reason. Right wing hosts are giving her sympathy/support while milking her grief and unfocused rage.

It's really devastating to watch and I need to turn the station whenever she comes on these days.

Pixelboy
Sep 13, 2005

Now, I know what you're thinking...

FuzzySkinner posted:

She's a traumatized mother, who is being given a platform to air her grief -- even if she doesn't understand the why and how of it all.

The people taking advantage of her like this are awful people. Literally the worst.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Reverse Sheehan, basically.

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008
Where did Vilerat sit on things anyway? I can't imagine a mod of this forum being on the Fox News side.

Sretsah
Oct 3, 2013

by Ralp

BiggerBoat posted:

How did this play out? Because that's great. DO you have audio of it?

I'm getting sick and tired too of all this "gently caress, it's freezing. What global warming?" horse poo poo.

Isn't this exactly what happens? Ice melts and produces cold air and then it has to travel somewhere? Every news story I see about weather (and gently caress they're all about weather, especially on the local level) says that "x" occurrence is the most extreme since "y'. Waves so tall in Hawaii even surfers won't ride them and poo poo like that. Australia is melting. Record drought in California..

Right now it's about 40F here and that's shut up a lot of the assholes, especially because it's almost Iditarod time and the practice tracks are all mud. Hell, no one even knows if there's going to be enough snow on the off road trails and they may have to bring in or make snow for the ceremonial start.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
^^Your weather moved down here. It's -10 in Minneapolis right now.

Wojtek posted:

Where did Vilerat sit on things anyway? I can't imagine a mod of this forum being on the Fox News side.

Well, the last thread that he started in DnD was, Got a crazy forwarded political email from your family? Post them here.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

FuzzySkinner posted:

Ms Smith (and Vilerat) actually got mentioned in that Ailes book I read/brought up, namely where she said that right-wing news outlets have made her believe that Obama killed her kid.

Really, it's a shite state of affairs, and the onus is entirely on Fox/etc. for pushing a grieving mother to that edge.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
Yeah. Ever since the Benghazi incident and the right's shameless falsehoods over it, I've taken pretty much everything the American right and rightwing media does personally.

What they've done to Vilerat's mother is beyond despicable. Exploiting human grief like that makes me pretty much view them all as soulless monsters.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Wojtek posted:

He didn't like people's deaths to be politicized either.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

ayn rand hand job posted:

He didn't like people's deaths to be politicized either.

Yea I think regardless of how he voted, when it comes to the issue of 'should actual dead humans be used as political props' it's safe to assume he was on the 'nope and you're a horrible person for asking' side, like most people with basic morals.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Spacedad posted:

I actually would love to see one of these fuckers be subject to a Gorgeous George-like prank call campaign.

Not only that, but the physicist that did the majority of the leg work that proved the big bang theory was a Catholic priest.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

On that note, here's a catholic biologist who served as a witness against creationists trying to force their way into school textbooks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVRsWAjvQSg

A documentary on the incident, where there's an actor that does a pretty nice re-enactment of his testimony.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2xyrel-2vI

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jan 24, 2014

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/dinesh-dsouza-campaign-finance-indictment

"Dinesh D'Souza Charged With Campaign Finance Fraud"

Can't deny that I'm gleeful this is happening

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
^^^ :argh:

Dinesh D'Souza, who is single-handedly trying to prevent America from becoming an Islamofascist Caliphate, has been indicted for election fraud because he allegedly reimbursed donors to a 2012 Senate campaign, most likely Wendy Long's campaign in New York.

Good thing too because, as you can see, those extra dollars to the Long campaign really helped.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

People like Dinesh who make a living out of lying and fudging the truth are of course often guilty of fudging the truth in crooked conduct. Can't say I'm surprised by this, but glad it's happening.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

TheQat posted:

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/dinesh-dsouza-campaign-finance-indictment

"Dinesh D'Souza Charged With Campaign Finance Fraud"

Can't deny that I'm gleeful this is happening
Cue Fox News getting on their collective high horses and claiming this is political revenge or something stupid

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Now I really, really hope he doesn't cancel this.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Joementum posted:

If I were Ayers I would drop multiple insinuations that I'd planted a bomb in D'Souza's car.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

FMguru posted:

Check and mate, libtard.

Oh yeah.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

Joementum posted:

They should have a muppeteer in his stead.

Joshmo
Aug 22, 2007

FMguru posted:

Check and mate, libtard.

This is pretty much the essence of all my Mom's comments on Global Warming. She doesn't like Al Gore for some reason, therefore, Global Warming is false.

She recently shared a pic and titled it: "Another one for Al Gore's Global Warming - SNOW, yes snow, on the Outer Banks."

(Quick Wikipedia search shows it snows every year in the Outer Banks during the winter months.)

Mom posts, well, this is like... MORE snow. [Therefore, Al Gore stupid.]

(Wants to bonk mom on the head. Tries to explain averages... gives up.)

It's anti-intellectualism at its absolute apex (nadir?).

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

It's supposed to look like a smashed cinnamon roll

Mike Huckabee knows what's best for women.

"If the Democrats want to insult the women of America by making them believe that they are helpless without Uncle Sugar coming in and providing for them a prescription each month for birth control, because they cannot control their libido or their reproductive system without the help of the government, then so be it,” he continued. “Let us take that discussion all across America, because women are far more than the Democrats have played them to be.”

http://swampland.time.com/2014/01/23/huckabee-gop-waging-war-for-women/

This country really would be so much better if women just paid cash for their sex pills.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
So does he think we're all slipping our ladyfriends these pills hidden in truffles? Or that we all like hold them down and shove it in there, hold their noses and massage the throat? Actually that moght explain why he thinks women are ready to throw off the shackles of birth control pills.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Republicans claim that Democrats say "Women can't control their libidos."

As a left leaning Democrat, let me just say "I don't WANT them to." (and I don't want to see them punished for it)

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

http://www.freegoddvd.com/Home.html

Ya'll ever see this in regards to Mike Huckabee?

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

sleepingbuddha posted:

Mike Huckabee knows what's best for women.

"If the Democrats want to insult the women of America by making them believe that they are helpless without Uncle Sugar coming in and providing for them a prescription each month for birth control, because they cannot control their libido or their reproductive system without the help of the government, then so be it,” he continued. “Let us take that discussion all across America, because women are far more than the Democrats have played them to be.”

http://swampland.time.com/2014/01/23/huckabee-gop-waging-war-for-women/

This country really would be so much better if women just paid cash for their sex pills.

Who's the idiot strategist/consultant that told him it would be a great idea to try to gaslight about how democrats are the 'real' oppressors of women's reproductive rights?

Because if this is Huckabee being a blithering idiot and trying to 4th dimensional chess by himself with 'freestyle bullshitting', that's even sadder than just being a cypher for what overpaid consultants tell you to do.

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Jan 24, 2014

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Joementum posted:

They could always have Ramesh Ponnuru tag in and see who notices.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
I think Huckabee is on phase 1 on trying to deflect an affair he's having in future.
Step 1, claim all women can't stop loving around.
Step 2.....

happyhippy fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Jan 24, 2014

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro
He's having a regular affair with a big bag of Chick-fil-A. The Linda Tripp tapes are going to be full of references to, "Hey man, you got them chicks for me...?" and everyone's going to think it's so salacious.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Well, since I was an impressionable young lad with hope, I am subscribed on Politifact on my Facebook page. This gem popped up in my feed today:

Popular Fact-check over income equality

Of course, being Politifact, most of them are 'truth in the middle' bullshit that just barely skirts by acceptable. Like This one, on how a quarter of American Workers make 18,000 a year, which is a lovely wage.

Their justification for a half-true rating?

Politifact posted:

Ghilarducci said that "a quarter of our workers make $18,000 per year." Census data backs up this top-line number, but beneath the surface, there are reasons for caution.

The number she cites does not refer exclusively to full-year, full-time jobs. Rather, it includes lots of people who had a low income because they worked in a part-time job, or worked for just part of the year. The statement is partially accurate but leaves out important details, so we rate it Half True.

All those jobs aren't full time jobs, so it's not that bad! :shepicide:

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

comes along bort posted:

They could always have Ramesh Ponnuru tag in and see who notices.

Hahahahaha

https://twitter.com/RameshPonnuru/status/426498142440157184

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

God drat that's awesome.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
So in shithead news, Mr Zimmerman looks like he might be on the losing end of an AP lawsuit for copyright infringement since he's decided to poorly Photoshop paint things versus painting the sidewalks of black teenagers and romantic interests.

Shine on you horrible piece of poo poo.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
In other conservative shitheads getting in trouble news, James O'Keefe has been ordered to turn over all financial documents for his nonprofit and just cancelled all of his scheduled appearances claiming he's being intimidated.

agarjogger
May 16, 2011
These guys all seem to have a curiously hard time navigating the world which was built for them and which makes every possible effort to accommodate their nonsense.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Phone posted:

So in shithead news, Mr Zimmerman looks like he might be on the losing end of an AP lawsuit for copyright infringement since he's decided to poorly Photoshop paint things versus painting the sidewalks of black teenagers and romantic interests.

Shine on you horrible piece of poo poo.

Link please? I had an idea this was going to happen.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
It seems like both of them have some mental health issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

It seems like both of them have some mental health issues.

Being a massive piece of poo poo isn't a diagnosis listed in the DSM V.