Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Apparently what masked Bro Blood said in Spanish to his mom as she was praying was "The gods are dead".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Eddain posted:

I liked how enthusiastic Thea was when Roy asked her to put Sin in one of her slutty outfits.

An excuse to hook her up with some other dude so she isn't hanging around with and/or making moves on Roy? Why I never.

The funnier part about that scene was the awkward "I know just the outfit for guys... or girls... whatever you're into" line. Holy poo poo. :allears:

Also, when Blood mentioned the 'old gods'... was that a Trigon reference?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Yeah if you don't follow Amell on Facebook you are doing it wrong, he's actually nice and does q and As a decent amount. The Van Dyke question has been asked more than once.

He posts a good number of photos too.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

WarLocke posted:

Also, when Blood mentioned the 'old gods'... was that a Trigon reference?
I don't know much about the DC universe but unless old Latina Catholic women pray to Trigon, I don't think so.

Edit: Though, I have been learning from playing Injustice, and playing as Stephen Amell's Arrow is pretty cool. Needs Manu Bennett as Deathstroke, though...

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Jan 24, 2014

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Pretty sure they do. I dunno though.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
It could be a reference to Trigon, though technically Trigon doesn't have much to do with "gods" per se. I'd love it if that line was meant to establish some sort of strange mystical stuff going on with Blood that even Slade isn't aware of.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
It fits in with Bloods background and it's actually really cool.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Guys. He said old gods right? What's the opposite of old? I hear Michael Ironsides is free right now

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

bunnyofdoom posted:

Guys. He said old gods right? What's the opposite of old? I hear Michael Ironsides is free right now

Amell's Justice League movie appearance confirmed.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Krad posted:

Amell's Justice League movie appearance confirmed.

Honestly, the rate this show's moving, we'll have the Arrow battling Parademons on New Genesis as the sweeps week episode next year.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That just reminded me of that awful unresolved thing with Green Arrow and Parademons on Smallville.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
There is at least one Elseworld story were Green Arrow kills Darkseid, so...

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

zoux posted:

Apparently what masked Bro Blood said in Spanish to his mom as she was praying was "The gods are dead".

Yup, the whole scene goes like this (after he leaves the room):

-God's Light surrounds me.
-God's Love envelops me.
-God's Power protects me.
-God's Presence watches over me.

-THE GODS ARE DEAD :unsmigghh:

She's obviously a Spanish native speaker, he has a bit of an accent but otherwise good pronunciation overall. Better than Batista in Dexter. :cripes:

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

It's supposed to look like a smashed cinnamon roll

bunnyofdoom posted:

Having him be a member of the Cult of Crime would be pretty sweet.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Kaizer88 posted:

There will be BLOOD

No Blood for Ollie

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Kaizer88 posted:

There will be BLOOD

Ollie is not going to get a milkshake?

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

bobkatt013 posted:

Ollie is not going to get a milkshake?

That's too bad; Big Belly Burger makes the best milkshakes.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

e X posted:

There is at least one Elseworld story were Green Arrow kills Darkseid, so...

That wasn't an Elseworld and technically it was the Atom that did it.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
What a terrible episode. Everyone was so stupid. The entire breaking into the records room plan made no sense, Laurel had a key card, she works at the DAs office! She could have just gone there and gotten the file! Plus, wouldn't there be a record of her key card being used? I get that Felicity thought the guards wouldn't be able to out computer her computering, but what if one of them went into the room to check what was up? Laurel was checking boxes all over the place, which mean that either there is no organization to the records room, or Laurel, who, as I said, works at the DAs office, doesn't know it. Neither of which can just be a thing, if there was like one line of dialogue, "we had to move a bunch of records from the old warehouse after the quake, the whole place is completely disorganized" That would be fine, but without any explanation for why it took Laurel so long to find the file it was just dumb tension making. Once the cameras were back on I guess they immediately stopped existing, because if they were still there it's hard to imagine they wouldn't have gotten a good look at Laurel's face.
Oliver going to Blood and telling him Laurel was acting strange was so dumb, oh my god. If he thinks there's even the smallest chance that she's right, all he's doing is telling the super evil guy that Laurel is on to him. It was also completely unnecessary, Blood could have found out from his agents in the police office, or talking to Laurel, or her dad, or like a million ways that aren't Arrow being a loving moron.
Thea is way too cool with Roy beating a man almost to death for no reason.
I can't believe Laurel and Oliver actually fell for the different guy in the mask thing. Laurel, OK, because it's advantageous for her to not believe it's Blood anymore, and she's kind of dumb I guess, but Oliver? Does he seriously think one random cop was behind the whole Mirakuru plan?
Jesus, there were episodes of Under the Dome where characters acted smarter.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Arrow: not for the faint of sperg.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
You gotta admit, Thea's a little too chill for a boyfriend who's violent as all gently caress like Roy demonstrated himself to be. She's stone cold, and Merlyn's gonna show up and be all
:whatup: Black Arrow
and she's just all Whatevs, my boyfriend ate a dude once.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Drifter posted:

You gotta admit, Thea's a little too chill for a boyfriend who's violent as all gently caress like Roy demonstrated himself to be. She's stone cold, and Merlyn's gonna show up and be all
:whatup: Black Arrow
and she's just all Whatevs, my boyfriend ate a dude once.

He's been visibly freaked out about something for a couple of weeks and was visibly freaked out at the hospital. He definitely didn't have the look of a violent psychopath.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

boom boom boom posted:

What a terrible episode. Everyone was so stupid. The entire breaking into the records room plan made no sense, Laurel had a key card, she works at the DAs office! She could have just gone there and gotten the file! Plus, wouldn't there be a record of her key card being used? I get that Felicity thought the guards wouldn't be able to out computer her computering, but what if one of them went into the room to check what was up? Laurel was checking boxes all over the place, which mean that either there is no organization to the records room, or Laurel, who, as I said, works at the DAs office, doesn't know it. Neither of which can just be a thing, if there was like one line of dialogue, "we had to move a bunch of records from the old warehouse after the quake, the whole place is completely disorganized" That would be fine, but without any explanation for why it took Laurel so long to find the file it was just dumb tension making. Once the cameras were back on I guess they immediately stopped existing, because if they were still there it's hard to imagine they wouldn't have gotten a good look at Laurel's face.
Oliver going to Blood and telling him Laurel was acting strange was so dumb, oh my god. If he thinks there's even the smallest chance that she's right, all he's doing is telling the super evil guy that Laurel is on to him. It was also completely unnecessary, Blood could have found out from his agents in the police office, or talking to Laurel, or her dad, or like a million ways that aren't Arrow being a loving moron.
Thea is way too cool with Roy beating a man almost to death for no reason.
I can't believe Laurel and Oliver actually fell for the different guy in the mask thing. Laurel, OK, because it's advantageous for her to not believe it's Blood anymore, and she's kind of dumb I guess, but Oliver? Does he seriously think one random cop was behind the whole Mirakuru plan?
Jesus, there were episodes of Under the Dome where characters acted smarter.

Haha look at this guy who thinks government agencies are organized. I work in a small accounting office and poo poo is never where it's supposed to be. It's a government agency as large as a police department dealing with records so old there was no point digitizing them. It's not surprising at all that she had to rifle through a bunch of boxes to find ONE file.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Some Numbers posted:

He's been visibly freaked out about something for a couple of weeks and was visibly freaked out at the hospital. He definitely didn't have the look of a violent psychopath.

So we will not be getting him beating up muggers with a dead cat?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bobkatt013 posted:

drat IT.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Some Numbers posted:

Your boyfriend kicked some guy into a coma and now he's avoiding you again for the umpteenth time after you try to confront him about his behavior.

Oh, it's okay, at least he doesn't look like a psycho.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
I thought the episode was pretty boring as well, FWIW.

Probably the result of focusing on the most boring characters on the show (Laurel, Thea, and Blood), but they have to try to salvage the characters at some point, so it makes sense for them to do that episode.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

ufarn posted:

Probably the result of focusing on the most boring characters on the show (Laurel, Thea, and Blood), but they have to try to salvage the characters at some point, so it makes sense for them to do that episode.

Laurel's dad was super quick to turn on her when he learned she was addicted to drugs. Like, oh you're stealing my valium, gently caress you, bitch.

WHO;S THE REAL MONSTER, DAD?!?!

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Well it's not just the drugs; he's probably a little upset at her bad acting too! :v:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

SymfonyMan posted:

Well it's not just the drugs; he's probably a little upset at her bad acting too! :v:

Maybe that's just how triangles are supposed to behave. :colbert:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

bobkatt013 posted:

He'll be using the Fake Cat Arrow thank you very much...:colbert:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Just gonna leave this here:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ufarn posted:

No that's Felicity.

Dig is close, but he has backstory and a supporting cast. Felicity is a pointless character who only fills roles other characters can and used to do.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Aphrodite posted:

No that's Felicity.

Dig is close, but he has backstory and a supporting cast. Felicity is a pointless character who only fills roles other characters can and used to do.

Except she's more fun and interesting of a character than those others.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
We spent a lot of time with Sebastian Blood, which I like, but it kind of raises the question of what exactly his endgame is. We know Slade wants to destroy Ollie and everything he holds dear, but Blood doesn't make the impression on me that he just works for Slade, he does have a motive on its own.

Rhyno posted:

That wasn't an Elseworld and technically it was the Atom that did it.

"Possible future that was ultimately prevented". It might as well be.

Also, who gets more credit, the shooter or the bullet? :colbert:

e X fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jan 24, 2014

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Just gonna leave this here:

Yessssss. :unsmigghh:

e X posted:

We spent a lot of time with Sebastian Blood, which I like, but it kind of raises the question of what exactly his endgame is. We know Slade wants to destroy Ollie and everything he holds dear, but Blood doesn't make the impression on me that he just works for Slade, he does have a motive on its own.

Blood wants to save Starling City. In his own way. With an army of Mirakuru soldiers.

I may be projecting, but I think he's planning to destroy the other part of the city.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Phylodox posted:

Arrow: not for the faint of sperg.

If you have a problem with my criticisms of the episode, feel free to share them.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Aphrodite posted:

No that's Felicity.

Not really? Aside from that one arrow that drained a guy's bank account, anything that required any sort of tech work always went to Felicity, even in early S1.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

King of Solomon posted:

Not really? Aside from that one arrow that drained a guy's bank account, anything that required any sort of tech work always went to Felicity, even in early S1.

FELICITYYYYYYY!! The Tivo's acting up again!!!

My Vitamix isn't blending right!

How do I change the voice on my GPS???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

boom boom boom posted:

If you have a problem with my criticisms of the episode, feel free to share them.

quote:

What a terrible episode. Everyone was so stupid. The entire breaking into the records room plan made no sense, Laurel had a key card, she works at the DAs office! She could have just gone there and gotten the file!

Because why would Ollie trust the person who, up until seriously loving recently was calling SWAT teams down on his rear end? Y'know, the thing he mentioned in this episode.

quote:

Laurel was checking boxes all over the place, which mean that either there is no organization to the records room, or Laurel, who, as I said, works at the DAs office, doesn't know it. Neither of which can just be a thing, if there was like one line of dialogue, "we had to move a bunch of records from the old warehouse after the quake, the whole place is completely disorganized" That would be fine, but without any explanation for why it took Laurel so long to find the file it was just dumb tension making.

You mean the file that was deliberately hosed with and put back in the wrong place by Deathstroke? Once again, something that's stated right in the episode.

I mean...the rest of your complaints are stupid, spergy little bullshit things. Why did Ollie go to Sebastian about Laurel? Because they're chummy and Laurel has been coming off as a flake. Why is Thea okay with Roy beating the poo poo out of some guy? I mean...she's not, obviously. Do you mean why does she show genuine concern for the man she's in love with rather than just dump him? Seriously?

But, yeah, dumber than Under the Dome, which was so stupid that I had to quit watching it after three episodes.

• Locked thread