Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

I got this really sweet email from BBTS regarding my Goldfire/Waspinator wave preorder:

:sigh:

GrimGypsy posted:

I still haven't seen the Skids/Waspinator set at all except for once at the NYC Toys R Us. And my Skids' leg fell promptly off just after I'd gotten home and tossed the packaging/receipt. :(

Haven't seen a single Rhinox yet. I'm really hoping I don't miss 'em.

I saw the deluxe wave one time at Target and snapped it all up, no wonder I got $25 for Waspinator when I sold him and Rhinox this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Xenomrph posted:

I got this really sweet email from BBTS regarding my Goldfire/Waspinator wave preorder:

:sigh:

If I ever see either would you like me to pick them up for you?

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Revolver Bunker posted:

If I ever see either would you like me to pick them up for you?

If anyone sees the Skid/Wasp/Gold/Dread at Target buy that up for me, send a gift receipt. I sent mine to better homes.

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

I have just seen Skids few days ago, but given where I live buying and sending will probably cost the price of three Skids on ebay. There is also in the same store a Metroplex that has been unsold for more than two months.

Edit:

Maybe expand on this a bit. I recently bought Legion Prowl and Ratchet to have at work since I always need to be messing with something which usually ends up with me destroying pens.

I'm pretty sure that both are some third-shift kind of deal because they're both lovely. Prowl's spoiler isn't shiny looking and dull, so is one of his rear wheel fender, creating this asymmetric look in him. And if nudging him slightly he'll snap out of place in his car form. Ratchet only has one issue, one of his wheels don't move.

Each cost the equivalent of $17.50. And I did not feel ripped off. I don't dare to think what Swerve will cost when he hits the store.

Iced Cocoa fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jan 24, 2014

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Cars cars cars!

Actually, I always got the impression the Lancia was tiny/short compared to things like the Countach but hey, s'not a problem. Can't wait to see it all painted and decaled up the wazoo.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
I'm left wondering what a real-life Countash vs. FairLady size comparison would look like.

EDIT: I keep forgetting I never bought MP Soundwave. That will, like... never show back up in TRU, right? So an opened-box on eBay is my best bet?

Cobalt60 fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Jan 25, 2014

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
A base Stratos is 3 inches longer and 1 inch taller than the Countach, plus it has the extra aero to make it a few inches longer than that, too.
Edit: The Fairlady / 240Z would be the same length as the Countach and 7 inches taller. The ones with back seats are about 10" longer than that. The 280ZX is a foot longer than the Countach for the 2-seater and 19 inches longer if it had a back seat.

Pretty much, the lambo was tiny, and the Prowl/Streak/Smokescreen mold isn't in scale in alt mode, which is fine since they're going by the robot mode height chart.

SpikeMcclane fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Jan 25, 2014

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Cobalt60 posted:

I'm left wondering what a real-life Countash vs. FairLady size comparison would look like.

EDIT: I keep forgetting I never bought MP Soundwave. That will, like... never show back up in TRU, right? So an opened-box on eBay is my best bet?

Yeah, its long gone at this point, even BBTS is sold out of their $200 stock. eBay depending upon the price, or, the 2nd run of Takara Soundwave is sitting at $140ish most places.

Corn Glizzy fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jan 25, 2014

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Holy poo poo, so if a Countach is even smaller than a Stratos I guess that means my lanky rear end is never fitting in the bastard thing.

Another childhood dream crushed, alas. :(

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Supercars, in general, are tiny. They don't look it in solo photos, but are very much so in reality. I sat in a new Viper the other night, and the top of the windscreen was below my 6'1" eye level.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Trip report on third-shift Lambor: doesn't have the issues(mis-sized pins in the feet and such) that that in-depth look at it that was linked to had, but it has other issues. The launcher doesn't peg in snugly into the shoulders, but sits well enough when he's standing there, and I had to take a nail clipper to the little white peg that slots into the chest so that it fit into the slot. The knees are a LITTLE loose, but not horribly so. And the most baffling part, his head flaps open constantly. At the slightest provocation. Is there any reason for his head to open up? Should I just glue it shut, or will it prevent some ability from triggering? He looks absurd with his head "open" like that.

Other than that, everything is fantastic. The silver gun is well-painted unlike that review, the joints aside from the knees are tight and he transforms perfectly aside from that white peg, but now that fits fine too. I'd say it's a definitely good purchase, plus hey, it comes with those piledriver hands.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

I'll find this out seeing as I just got Knockoff MP Red Alert Countach, and have MP Smokescreen once I transform him.
^^We bought the knockoffs at the same time didn't we. Red Alert looks good but I'll transform him and find out his flaws if any tomorrow, I read up on the differences yesterday, Sideswipe wise. Still for £22 & free P&P I'm not going to complain.

Goldskull fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Jan 25, 2014

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

FINALLY, someone is making a My First Blaster accessory, and it'll be sold separately from their not-Swerve.

:toot:

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

FINALLY, someone is making a My First Blaster accessory, and it'll be sold separately from their not-Swerve.

:toot:

I am completely on board with the My First Blaster and I hope he fits the Hasbro Swerve. Now if this really coming out next month, where are the pre-orders?

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
If one were inclined to go for a KO Lambor as seen in this thread, where would it be found?

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Rubiks Pubes posted:

If one were inclined to go for a KO Lambor as seen in this thread, where would it be found?

One might find it on eBay?

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

This is where I got my Red Alert from.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
^^^^^^ that's the seller, yup.

Rubiks Pubes posted:

Look on eBay for 'Masterpiece Sideswipe', set location as 'worldwide'. Look for the cheapest one. If it's in China, and seems a little too cheap, you have a winner. I'm getting one tonight, although the seller is away till Feb 4th.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

The_Doctor posted:

^^^^^^ that's the seller, yup.

Look on eBay for 'Masterpiece Sideswipe', set location as 'worldwide'. Look for the cheapest one. If it's in China, and seems a little too cheap, you have a winner. I'm getting one tonight, although the seller is away till Feb 4th.

Let's talk about KO Alert, his knees are kind of loose, his right arm is stuck because his shoulder is too tight, I carved little blob of plastic out of his rt shoulder rocket hole, and the spoiler won't lock together. The back says laborgthri cantach. I don't have an open genuine alert, so all in all not so bad.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Yeah mines got the same problems except for the arm. A tab broke off from under the side windows the first time I transformed him, and the top of his head doesn't close down all the way. his shoulder cannon is loose too, but I can live with all these things for £22 and the fact he looks great in robot mode.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

And just in time, Alert is getting a 2nd run due out 4th quarter this year.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK11798&mode=retail

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
I am interested to know if MP Op will be available again at retail; I adore the hasbro release over the tomy one.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

SlothfulCobra posted:

Not anime enough.

They upped the weeaboo in the robot mode and made him turn into a loving European super car. Good work guys.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Ka0 posted:

I am interested to know if MP Op will be available again at retail; I adore the hasbro release over the tomy one.

Only in white, I'd guess. Unless you want the blinged out Year of the Horse version.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006
Are Waspinator and Rhinox going to be one of those waves that just sort of never really shows up in stores, or is it too early to expect to see them?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

catch22 posted:

Are Waspinator and Rhinox going to be one of those waves that just sort of never really shows up in stores, or is it too early to expect to see them?

Target's already saw the Waspinator wave, but I don't think the Voyagers have made it to shelves anywhere yet.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Hell I've already found Rhinox up in Canada. I've never seen two waves in the middle of a line launch so well synchronized. Usually after the first wave there's like a two-month lag in between America and Canada getting Wave 2.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I think the problem was all the American stores ordered those revision cases with Blaster/Soundblaster and that poo poo just isn't moving off shelves. So nobody ordered the Rhinox/Doubledealer wave.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
My local Target doesn't even have any Generations deluxes. Just a single Springer, sitting near the clear Abominuses.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

The Rage posted:

I think the problem was all the American stores ordered those revision cases with Blaster/Soundblaster and that poo poo just isn't moving off shelves. So nobody ordered the Rhinox/Doubledealer wave.

Over here it's nothing but Construct-Bots and Beast Hunters, as far as the eye can see. I saw a Waspinator and pounced on that, but apart from that and a couple scattered Goldfires in mid-December I'm SOL.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

I think The Rage had the right idea, the Blaster/Grimlock revision is shelf warming here, but what happened to the deluxes? I saw each store here get A case, and BBTS got what, 1/5 of their case order? I expected to be drowning in Goldbugs all of January.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
I'm pretty sure most big stores are just waiting for their first big inventory reset for 2014 before we start to see new waves of anything. At least that's what I'm hoping, I will be very cross if a Cosmos is once again responsible for killing an entire line (Universe Legends Cosmos :argh:).

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

3 posted:

I'm pretty sure most big stores are just waiting for their first big inventory reset for 2014 before we start to see new waves of anything. At least that's what I'm hoping, I will be very cross if a Cosmos is once again responsible for killing an entire line (Universe Legends Cosmos :argh:).

Target did their reset earlier this month, Walmart is still in the middle of theirs, but yeah, most places are still empty as poo poo.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
There's often a lull in new product following the holidays. It'll pick up again in February.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I found a Skids and Waspinator, but both times they were the last of their kind on the shelves.

I just want a Swerve and Cosmos now.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Lucky lot, Hasbro Australia has pretty well come out saying that they are not bringing in any Generations stuff to Australia, focusing on when the poo poo movie stuff comes out.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Where I live Generations figures were never even released. I thought I was the luckiest man alive back in the 2010 period when I saw Seaspray, Highbrow and all those cool tail-enders, like it happened before with ROTF Bludgeon and Mindwipe.

And to think we got Universe 2.0; I distinctly remember passing by rows upon rows of Hounds, Cyclonii and Bluestreaks. By christmas time that year, there were Starscreams and Ratchets littering the aisle floors.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Planet X confirms they're doing five more FoC Dinobots this year, including a new Grimlock and Paddles.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/3rd-party-unlicensed-41/planet-x-to-make-six-not-dinobots-including-paddles-179170/

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

So there's in hand pictures of the First Edition movie Prime we saw a few weeks ago. It's a little bigger than ROTF Prime and MP10. It is also the ugliest transforming toy you will see today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
That is one angry chromed chestface.